Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Liverpool owners to hire Barclays Capital to find buyer for the Club

Read 16755 times
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Re: Liverpool owners to hire Barclays Capital to find buyer for the Club
      Reply #23: Apr 10, 2010 11:01:12 pm
      Please please let it be true.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #24: Apr 10, 2010 11:09:23 pm
      Gutted if this materialises, I've really grown to love our Tom and George.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #25: Apr 10, 2010 11:22:52 pm
      When I first saw the ticker tape message on sky I thought ,YES at F***ing last !
      But they are only employing a company to look at selling us, obviously at the Right (Stupid !)price.
      So yes the asking price is going to be a stupid one, one which may not get any takers but how much are Barclays Capital charging and a pound to a penny the bill goes on our debt  :f_steam:

God I really hope its true but at the same time I'm not holding my breath !
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #26: Apr 10, 2010 11:44:01 pm
      i'll only be happy when the fuckers hand over the keys !
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #27: Apr 10, 2010 11:50:31 pm
      When we have a chairman that tells me he's the new owner only then will I believe these fuckers have gone.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #28: Apr 10, 2010 11:50:45 pm
      From a business perspective, they're getting out at the wrong time. The value of our club will reduce when we have officially not qualified for the champions league next season.
      Or are they cleverer than we're crediting them for? They may have to cut their losses but if they hang on to the club any longer then the value will inevitably drop even more......without 1st team investment it is unlikely we will qualify for the CL in 2011/12. Pricks & Giblet don't have the resources to invest in order for us to progress so I think the sale of the club could happen pretty quickly in order for them to get as much of their money back as possible. (fingers crossed).

One thing that does concern me is that whoever comes in needs to pay off the yanks, clear the debt, pay for a new stadium AND invest in the team. Who is there with that kind of money who would be foolish enough to plough it into a high risk company with very little return like a premier league football club?

We could be stuck with the yanks but at least we'll drag them down with us!
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #29: Apr 11, 2010 12:06:22 am
      It may not be true, that I believe. However if it is, YES YES YES F*****G YES!!! ;D ;D ;D
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #30: Apr 11, 2010 12:24:05 am
      Before we get too excited lets remember, the gobsh*tes history.Refused a £500M deal from DIC for an outright buy out.Tried to bring in a minority shareholder for £100M,to appeaes RBS demands(if they could have worked together,they would still have had overall control).Now apparently they are appointing another expensive non-RBS advisor to sell all or part of the club?I thought Purslow was brought in to do that.What will RBS think of that move?So they want to sell for £6ooM minus the £237 debt= £363M(or £181.5M each profit),for personally investing f*ck all,playing their part in our probable CL demise,and no new stadium on the horizon.Call me cynical,but isn't this the worst kind of "carpet-bagging" known to man?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #31: Apr 11, 2010 12:52:16 am
      They should be locked up for stealing millions from this club. Parry and moores have a lot to answer for. DIC seems like an age ago now. Who lets someone buy a club using borrowings leveraged against it. Disgusting
      notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #32: Apr 11, 2010 01:00:08 am
      I dont pray much but I am actually going to pray going to sleep tonight that there is truth behind this article, I had a bad day in work in this is exactly what I needed to put the smile back on my face. Just hope those two yank cu*ts have finally realised that they are not wanted and decided to F**k off, I dont give a sh*t idf they make a profit off the club as long as there gone and we can finally move onwards and upwards.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #33: Apr 11, 2010 01:09:46 am
      I'll believe it when it happens, don't trust those pair of lying cu*ts.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #34: Apr 11, 2010 01:22:44 am
      Before we get too excited lets remember, the gobsh*tes history.Refused a £500M deal from DIC for an outright buy out.Tried to bring in a minority shareholder for £100M,to appeaes RBS demands(if they could have worked together,they would still have had overall control).Now apparently they are appointing another expensive non-RBS advisor to sell all or part of the club?I thought Purslow was brought in to do that.What will RBS think of that move?So they want to sell for £6ooM minus the £237 debt= £363M(or £181.5M each profit),for personally investing f*ck all,playing their part in our probable CL demise,and no new stadium on the horizon.Call me cynical,but isn't this the worst kind of "carpet-bagging" known to man?
      Hear what you're saying Roy but seriously could you envisage anyone with an iota of business acumen entering into acquiring LFC and going down the same wrecking route that H&G have followed with the disastrous consequences that are all to apparent?  The latest developments can only be viewed as a step in the right direction with the owners finally capitulating and apparently setting up a takeover scenario with prospective bidders massing in the wings.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #35: Apr 11, 2010 02:02:57 am
      Could this be the beginning of the END? F***ing hope so.

Maybe the SOS protests are finally ramming it in those pricks faces that we actually hate them with a passion.

How much are those cu*ts gonna hold out for is the big question.

Will only get excited once I see the door slammed firmly behind their arses on their way out.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #36: Apr 11, 2010 02:17:17 am
      Hear what you're saying Roy but seriously could you envisage anyone with an iota of business acumen entering into acquiring LFC and going down the same wrecking route that H&G have followed with the disastrous consequences that are all to apparent?  The latest developments can only be viewed as a step in the right direction with the owners finally capitulating and apparently setting up a takeover scenario with prospective bidders massing in the wings.
      Mate,where are the prospective bidders? Answer none.because like me as a Businessman,you wait until the lowest point,then bid and you certainly don't give them profit on failure.Liverpool Football Club is an institution to us fans,but as a business,it's a commodity.The reposession auction is about to begin.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #37: Apr 11, 2010 02:23:58 am
      seems like one delaying tactic after another - what their end-game is, I have absolutely no idea now
      If, which must be the case, there is a modest profit for both of them out of selling the club, what is keeping them here? I'm sure the value of the club can rise, but that's maybe at least 5 years down the line. Remembering their advancing years, why go through the bother?
      Tom and George - sell up, go off and enjoy retirement and put us all out of our misery
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #38: Apr 11, 2010 02:25:46 am
      I've heard so many stories about them pissing off I hope this one's different I really do.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,017 posts | 3352 
      Reply #39: Apr 11, 2010 02:27:52 am
      I might be being stupid here, but won't hiring some fella to look for future investors cost us money anyway? Won't the club have to pay for this fella's "expertise"?

Where's that money coming from?
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #40: Apr 11, 2010 02:31:36 am
      Anyone else just completely fed up with this saga?
      Their biggest crime above all others (from my own standing) may well be a growing apathy for all things Liverpool atm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #41: Apr 11, 2010 02:33:56 am
      Mate,where are the prospective bidders? Answer none.because like me as a Businessman,you wait until the lowest point,then bid and you certainly don't give them profit on failure.Liverpool Football Club is an institution to us fans,but as a business,it's a commodity.The reposession auction is about to begin.
      As you point out Roy this is a waiting game no one is willing to up the stakes or show their cards and the players are keeping their hands close to their chest.
      But enough of the double talk there has been mention of DIC and the Rhone group to say nothing of the Indian guy who are all still interested by all accounts so there is evidently some mileage left in the story.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #42: Apr 11, 2010 02:52:10 am
      That's Purslow out of a job then. Isn't he on RBS' side?....  :f_tongueincheek:

Is anyone really taking all this serious? Don't get your hopes up.

It's Sunday paper time at the moment and Liverpool went and took out Benfica in style the other night, as well as hard protest against the owners in game and out game.

The owners have been in England for a matter of days. They're supposed to be seeking a new chairman and a new load of people to find someome to buy the club. Is there anything else the fans want to hear?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #43: Apr 11, 2010 03:02:53 am
      Roy is right. No one will buy the club until the season is over. They wont pay more now when the prospect of us missing out on the champions league will mean they can buy it for less in the summer
      Sweeney The Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 170 posts |
      Reply #44: Apr 11, 2010 04:08:06 am
      the figure £600m is getting put around.. hmm...

just aslong as we get rid of them cowboys I don't care who buys us
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #45: Apr 11, 2010 04:18:11 am
      They should be locked up for stealing millions from this club. Parry and moores have a lot to answer for. DIC seems like an age ago now. Who lets someone buy a club using borrowings leveraged against it. Disgusting

Yes, how strange they have gone very silent on the subject.

Quick Reply