Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Liverpool 0-0 Fulham - In game and post match frustration

Read 48256 times
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Fulham - In game and post match frustration
      Reply #529: Apr 11, 2010 07:08:06 pm
      I don't give a F**k about the CL, I don't give a F**k about Sky, or Gary Lineker, or Keys, or Martin Samuel, or Man City, or any of it, it's all F***ing nonsense and about as far removed from traditional footballing values then I can care to consider.  We're part of a horrible footballing machine that's totally fuelled by money, and if you haven't got it then you can't take part, you can't win F**k all without money.

So F**k off, to all of them, to all of you who complain and moan and don't understand it.  I'll be happy with a mid-table position next season, and I'll still be 100% behind Rafa, which will really piss some of you off, and I love that.  Until we're owned by non-vampiric Jabba the Hut mother-fuckers then you can expect this to get worse season-on-season-on-season-on-season, until they've sucked the club dry and leave our decayed corpse in the Championship graveyard.

Anyone who doesn't recognise this is an enemy of the club as far as I'm concerned.  Your ignorance offends me, angers me, enrages me.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #530: Apr 11, 2010 07:09:06 pm
      Anything is possible mate. Next year is a clean sheet. We finished 2nd last year and sold two players. We get reinvestments and new owners and buy 3 players who can make a difference, you never know.

Agreed.

The season before last we had a poor league campaign. Then last season, we made a few decent buys and got the team playing well we were the best team in the best league in the world!

Huge things in football can be decided by what appear to be the smallest factors.

If we finish 4th this season, we could easily challenge for the league next season with a few good buys and the sorting out of the club.

But we could also finish 7th this season, and only be about 4 points from 4th spot, or less.

My point being, regardless of where we finish now, it's been a bad season, so if we could get back into the title race next season, it'd have nothing to do with what we do in the next 4 games of football.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #531: Apr 11, 2010 07:10:22 pm
      Can't make up my mind with whatever funds we have do we need a striker or left back more. We can not go into the new season having to rely on someone like Ngog. Agger looks solid at left back but surley that can't be a long term solution.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #532: Apr 11, 2010 07:10:42 pm
      Anyone who doesn't recognise this is an enemy of the club as far as I'm concerned.  Your ignorance offends me, angers me, enrages me.

Big fat shout that mate.

People can slag Rafa off but ignore the blatantly obvious contributing factors and their argument is null and void.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #533: Apr 11, 2010 07:11:39 pm
      Agreed.

The season before last we had a poor league campaign. Then last season, we made a few decent buys and got the team playing well we were the best team in the best league in the world!

Huge things in football can be decided by what appear to be the smallest factors.

If we finish 4th this season, we could easily challenge for the league next season with a few good buys and the sorting out of the club.

But we could also finish 7th this season, and only be about 4 points from 4th spot, or less.

My point being, regardless of where we finish now, it's been a bad season, so if we could get back into the title race next season, it'd have nothing to do with what we do in the next 4 games of football.

I think as a club and as fans we have to move forward together no matter how hard it maybe to. I just keep worrying that Torres and Gerrard will be sold.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #534: Apr 11, 2010 07:13:34 pm
      I don't give a f**k about the CL, I don't give a f**k about Sky, or Gary Lineker, or Keys, or Martin Samuel, or Man City, or any of it, it's all f**king nonsense and about as far removed from traditional footballing values then I can care to consider.  We're part of a horrible footballing machine that's totally fuelled by money, and if you haven't got it then you can't take part, you can't win f**k all without money.

So f**k off, to all of them, to all of you who complain and moan and don't understand it.  I'll be happy with a mid-table position next season, and I'll still be 100% behind Rafa, which will really piss some of you off, and I love that.  Until we're owned by non-vampiric Jabba the Hut mother-fuckers then you can expect this to get worse season-on-season-on-season-on-season, until they've sucked the club dry and leave our decayed corpse in the Championship graveyard.

Anyone who doesn't recognise this is an enemy of the club as far as I'm concerned.  Your ignorance offends me, angers me, enrages me.

F***ing A!

Anyone who thinks Rafa is the sole problem, read this. Beat your head against a wall until you get it. Because besides our owners, one of the biggest problems we have is people not realizing the depth of crisis these cu*ts in charge have put us in!
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #535: Apr 11, 2010 07:15:18 pm
      What's more appealing than playing for Liverpool Football Club. The biggest club in the world, the most successful club in England, when the fans are on form nobody compares to ours, being managed by one of the best in the modern game, a club reaped rich in history, tradition and loyalty, the prospect of playing with some of the greatest players in the world.

What's more appealing than that? Oh just because we're not in the Champions League all that doesn't matter? Bollocks.

We're still Liverpool Football Club regardless of Champions League football or not, we're still the biggest club in the world. We still have the best fans in the world. We're still managed by one of the best in the modern game. We still have some of the world's greatest players. We still have our traditions and our history. And more importantly we still have our philosophy of LOYALTY.

Thats an inspiring speech to me and the rest of the lfc fans but for the modern professional footballer loyalty is only to whoever pays them. City who have overtaken us for 4th have stolen Utds and Arsenals forwards, got a player who we've tried to buy several times and they havent won anything in almost 30 years. That was done with money and the prospect of competing in big competitions. Adebayor could barely pronounce the clubs name for gods sake.

We'll always have our history just like Notts Forest and Leeds even blackburn who have won a premier league!! Yet theyre are not players queuing up for any of those clubs because they dont have the money,CL or prospects to win anything. We are gradually going down that road and if you think a 22 year old argentinian who might not even speak english gives 2 fucks about the history of us winning a league 20 years ago ur deluded mate. We havent even developed a top local lad for over 10 years now let alone expect foreigners to bow down at our history.

Our name and history will get us very far but we've been using our Cl credentials to try to get bigger names like Torres with the prospect of winning a big tournament. We cant make those promises now if we're not even winning the competition. Without the CL we're down significantly in funding for next season. Rafa said he wants about 60m we've just lost 20m today and over the course of the season. All these things have a knock on effect. We go into this summers market with less money than city no matter who comes in to buy us and we cant offer champs lge football this season. Our transfer chances have been dented by the loss of that 4th spot without doubt.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #536: Apr 11, 2010 07:28:36 pm
      I don't give a f**k about the CL, I don't give a f**k about Sky, or Gary Lineker, or Keys, or Martin Samuel, or Man City, or any of it, it's all f**king nonsense and about as far removed from traditional footballing values then I can care to consider.  We're part of a horrible footballing machine that's totally fuelled by money, and if you haven't got it then you can't take part, you can't win f**k all without money.

So f**k off, to all of them, to all of you who complain and moan and don't understand it.  I'll be happy with a mid-table position next season, and I'll still be 100% behind Rafa, which will really piss some of you off, and I love that.  Until we're owned by non-vampiric Jabba the Hut mother-fuckers then you can expect this to get worse season-on-season-on-season-on-season, until they've sucked the club dry and leave our decayed corpse in the Championship graveyard.

Anyone who doesn't recognise this is an enemy of the club as far as I'm concerned.  Your ignorance offends me, angers me, enrages me.

Unfortunately mate there are an awful lot of people who haven't yet quite grasped that concept however a few of us have been trying to educate them, albeit unsuccessfully.  I guess ignorance is bliss to some people.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #537: Apr 11, 2010 07:32:40 pm
      I don't give a F**k about the CL, I don't give a F**k about Sky, or Gary Lineker, or Keys, or Martin Samuel, or Man City, or any of it, it's all F***ing nonsense and about as far removed from traditional footballing values then I can care to consider.  We're part of a horrible footballing machine that's totally fuelled by money, and if you haven't got it then you can't take part, you can't win F**k all without money.

So F**k off, to all of them, to all of you who complain and moan and don't understand it.  I'll be happy with a mid-table position next season, and I'll still be 100% behind Rafa, which will really piss some of you off, and I love that.  Until we're owned by non-vampiric Jabba the Hut mother-fuckers then you can expect this to get worse season-on-season-on-season-on-season, until they've sucked the club dry and leave our decayed corpse in the Championship graveyard.

Excellent post by the way.

Some people do need to realised what our priorities are.
      LFCkl
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 365 posts |
      Reply #538: Apr 11, 2010 08:08:51 pm
      I don't give a f**k about the CL, I don't give a f**k about Sky, or Gary Lineker, or Keys, or Martin Samuel, or Man City, or any of it, it's all f**king nonsense and about as far removed from traditional footballing values then I can care to consider.  We're part of a horrible footballing machine that's totally fuelled by money, and if you haven't got it then you can't take part, you can't win f**k all without money.

So f**k off, to all of them, to all of you who complain and moan and don't understand it.  I'll be happy with a mid-table position next season, and I'll still be 100% behind Rafa, which will really piss some of you off, and I love that.  Until we're owned by non-vampiric Jabba the Hut mother-fuckers then you can expect this to get worse season-on-season-on-season-on-season, until they've sucked the club dry and leave our decayed corpse in the Championship graveyard.

Too true that. Great shout!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #539: Apr 11, 2010 08:10:26 pm
      I don't give a f**k about the CL, I don't give a f**k about Sky, or Gary Lineker, or Keys, or Martin Samuel, or Man City, or any of it, it's all f**king nonsense and about as far removed from traditional footballing values then I can care to consider.  We're part of a horrible footballing machine that's totally fuelled by money, and if you haven't got it then you can't take part, you can't win f**k all without money.

So f**k off, to all of them, to all of you who complain and moan and don't understand it.  I'll be happy with a mid-table position next season, and I'll still be 100% behind Rafa, which will really piss some of you off, and I love that.  Until we're owned by non-vampiric Jabba the Hut mother-fuckers then you can expect this to get worse season-on-season-on-season-on-season, until they've sucked the club dry and leave our decayed corpse in the Championship graveyard.

Good stuff !
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #540: Apr 11, 2010 08:16:13 pm
      Not seen the game yet as was at a family event.  Although I had the updates on minute by minute.

It was totally one sided from what I 'read'.  Obviously I can't comment on the game until I see it all later.  Result not great.  Something like the first time in 37 home games we haven't scored.

I've said all season that Gerrard has been dismal - personally I would have probably kept Lucas in.  Played Aquilani where Gerrard is, moved Kuyt up front and Gerrard on right wing.

Most people were impressed with Kuyt and Lucas mid-week - seems bizarre that they were both dropped. 

Anyway, looks like 4th is gone - not that I personally feel it is as important as some do.  Hopefully this summer something might be sorted on the investment front and we can actually get some spending on players that we deserve.

I can see positives from not being in the Champions League.  For one season anyway.

Clearly we are missing a backup striker.  Unfortunately, and you can choose Rafa or the owners to blame - but decent strikers cost money.

I'll probably post again after I've seen the full game.
      LFCkl
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 365 posts |
      Reply #541: Apr 11, 2010 08:26:37 pm
      Not seen the game yet as was at a family event.  Although I had the updates on minute by minute.

It was totally one sided from what I 'read'.  Obviously I can't comment on the game until I see it all later.  Result not great.  Something like the first time in 37 home games we haven't scored.

I've said all season that Gerrard has been dismal - personally I would have probably kept Lucas in.  Played Aquilani where Gerrard is, moved Kuyt up front and Gerrard on right wing.

Most people were impressed with Kuyt and Lucas mid-week - seems bizarre that they were both dropped. 

Anyway, looks like 4th is gone - not that I personally feel it is as important as some do.  Hopefully this summer something might be sorted on the investment front and we can actually get some spending on players that we deserve.

I can see positives from not being in the Champions League.  For one season anyway.

Clearly we are missing a backup striker.  Unfortunately, and you can choose Rafa or the owners to blame - but decent strikers cost money.

I'll probably post again after I've seen the full game.

I agree. As much as I'd love us to be in the Champions League, it could be the perfect chance to focus fully on our league hopes next season.
      djdan
      • Banned

• 189 posts | -30 
      Reply #542: Apr 11, 2010 08:31:39 pm

So f**k off, to all of them, to all of you who complain and moan and don't understand it.  I'll be happy with a mid-table position next season, and I'll still be 100% behind Rafa, which will really piss some of you off, and I love that.  

Some people are born blind.
      Some people become blind through accidents or health problems.
      Some people choose to be blind by closing their eyes to what surrounds them.

Which one fits you?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #543: Apr 11, 2010 08:34:46 pm

Which one fits you?

Seen as you're wide awake, who would you have in charge then?

Cos it's obvious you want Rafa gone.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #544: Apr 11, 2010 08:40:26 pm

Which one fits you?

Which one fits you?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #545: Apr 11, 2010 08:45:54 pm
      Sometimes the luck just isn't on our side!!
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 981 posts | 65 
      Reply #546: Apr 11, 2010 08:47:18 pm
      Just got back from the game and haven't read the thread but just want to say that i spent a lot of time and money getting tickets for me and my son and for that sower of sh*t fulham parking the bus and spoiling the game was a disgrace to football.
      If Roy hodgson is supposed to be a good manager then were all doomed to negativity.
      Football is about entertainment and only one team tried to win that game today and tried to play football.
      Shame on you Fulham
      Rant over. :f_steam:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #547: Apr 11, 2010 08:47:38 pm
      Sometimes the luck just isn't on our side!!

Think that's been the case all season mate.  
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #548: Apr 11, 2010 08:50:56 pm
      Just got back from the game and haven't read the thread but just want to say that I spent a lot of time and money getting tickets for me and my son and for that sower of sh*t fulham parking the bus and spoiling the game was a disgrace to football.
      If Roy hodgson is supposed to be a good manager then were all doomed to negativity.
      Football is about entertainment and only one team tried to win that game today and tried to play football.
      Shame on you Fulham
      Rant over. :f_steam:

Sorry it didn't go the way you wanted mate! Agreed though, some teams really do just make you wonder don't they!
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #549: Apr 11, 2010 08:51:48 pm
      We will forever be the best football club and the best football fans in the world, no matter what happens.....YNWA!
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #550: Apr 11, 2010 08:53:23 pm

Which one fits you?

o dear. Taxi!!
      Y.N.W.AScouseJayY.N.W.A
      • Forum John Toshack

• 253 posts |
      Reply #551: Apr 11, 2010 08:58:20 pm
      How did Aquilani get on?

Quick Reply