Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Liverpool 0-0 Fulham - In game and post match frustration

Read 48764 times
      djdan
      • Banned

• 189 posts | -30 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Fulham - In game and post match frustration
      Reply #575: Apr 12, 2010 12:37:13 am
      Seen as you're wide awake, who would you have in charge then?

Cos it's obvious you want Rafa gone.

nah mate.  Didn't say that did I?

I was merely replying to Arrie's claim that to settle for mid-table next season would be acceptable. Such rubbish could only be spouted by one who has become oblivious to reality.  In effect, blinded to the facts that face him.  

Who here would settle for mid-table next season?  Is that a worthy target? I think not.
      LiverpoolJay
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      • Never lose hope
      Reply #576: Apr 12, 2010 12:45:33 am
      The few positives ive seen about this game today is Aquilani is looking like hes going to be a magnificent player for us next season, and the form of Maxi seems to improve each week.

I didnt get a chance to watch the game because i was working today but did any one watch MOTD2? Only 1 Fulham highlight and some incredible saves by Schwarzer, just another game to add to our frustrating season
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #577: Apr 12, 2010 12:45:48 am
      nah mate.  Didn't say that did I?

I was merely replying to Arrie's claim that to settle for mid-table next season would be acceptable. Such rubbish could only be spouted by one who has become oblivious to reality.  In effect, blinded to the facts that face him.  

Who here would settle for mid-table next season?  Is that a worthy target? I think not.
      What Arrie is saying is, that as long as these yanks are in charge we're going downhill, and not uphill. While at the same time it shouldn't matter in terms of the support we show to OUR club. Those yanks might own on it paper but this is OUR club, and it will still be OUR club long after those yanks are gone!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #578: Apr 12, 2010 12:47:26 am
      Who here would settle for mid-table next season?  Is that a worthy target? I think not.

Don't be ridiculous, no honest red would settle for mid table mediocrity.

Stay on topic please lads.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #579: Apr 12, 2010 12:49:39 am
      The few positives ive seen about this game today is Aquilani is looking like hes going to be a magnificent player for us next season, and the form of Maxi seems to improve each week.

I didnt get a chance to watch the game because I was working today but did any one watch MOTD2? Only 1 Fulham highlight and some incredible saves by Schwarzer, just another game to add to our frustrating season

Totally agree with you mate, just watched M.O.T.D.2 myself !
      I personally thought that Greening should have walked for the offence he got off with but did think his first booking was a bit soft in my opinion.

djdan
      • Banned

• 189 posts | -30 
      Reply #580: Apr 12, 2010 12:51:18 am
      Don't be ridiculous, no honest red would settle for mid table mediocrity.

Stay on topic please lads.

Exactly... someone tell Arrie that.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #581: Apr 12, 2010 01:08:35 am
      Exactly... someone tell Arrie that.

If you're talking about this post below though mate, I think you need to understand his point is not about settling for mid table mediocrity. It's about reds who ignore the issues surrounding the club. The type of reds who'd rather watch their fellow reds with a pint in their hand, march down the street to the ground in protest of the owners and not join in. Then when we draw after the game, call for the managers head because he didn't play Aquilani.

I don't give a F**k about the CL, I don't give a F**k about Sky, or Gary Lineker, or Keys, or Martin Samuel, or Man City, or any of it, it's all F***ing nonsense and about as far removed from traditional footballing values then I can care to consider.  We're part of a horrible footballing machine that's totally fuelled by money, and if you haven't got it then you can't take part, you can't win F**k all without money.

So F**k off, to all of them, to all of you who complain and moan and don't understand it.  I'll be happy with a mid-table position next season, and I'll still be 100% behind Rafa, which will really piss some of you off, and I love that.  Until we're owned by non-vampiric Jabba the Hut mother-fuckers then you can expect this to get worse season-on-season-on-season-on-season, until they've sucked the club dry and leave our decayed corpse in the Championship graveyard.

Anyone who doesn't recognise this is an enemy of the club as far as I'm concerned.  Your ignorance offends me, angers me, enrages me.

Anyway, back on topic.
      keithlfc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #582: Apr 12, 2010 01:18:14 am
      I don't give a f**k about the CL, I don't give a f**k about Sky, or Gary Lineker, or Keys, or Martin Samuel, or Man City, or any of it, it's all f**king nonsense and about as far removed from traditional footballing values then I can care to consider.  We're part of a horrible footballing machine that's totally fuelled by money, and if you haven't got it then you can't take part, you can't win f**k all without money.

So f**k off, to all of them, to all of you who complain and moan and don't understand it.  I'll be happy with a mid-table position next season, and I'll still be 100% behind Rafa, which will really piss some of you off, and I love that.  Until we're owned by non-vampiric Jabba the Hut mother-fuckers then you can expect this to get worse season-on-season-on-season-on-season, until they've sucked the club dry and leave our decayed corpse in the Championship graveyard.

Anyone who doesn't recognise this is an enemy of the club as far as I'm concerned.  Your ignorance offends me, angers me, enrages me.

Here here brother
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8542 
      Reply #583: Apr 12, 2010 01:31:09 am
      For those that might not have seen it, the minutes silence for the 96

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/eseason/Features/21-years-on-An-18199.php3
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #584: Apr 12, 2010 01:32:03 am
      I'd just like to point out that Agger done another good job at left back.

Thanks mate.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #585: Apr 12, 2010 01:35:43 am
      I'd just like to point out that Agger done another good job at left back.

Thanks mate.

Yes he did, and I think he should stay there, hes done a fine job.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #586: Apr 12, 2010 01:40:31 am
      Thanks for that Huyton Red, missed it at the start.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #587: Apr 12, 2010 03:28:47 am
      I wud jus like to say and not braggin (well???) but i sed b4 dat agger cud do a job dare b4 he was forced into it...He has always looked comfortable comin forward wit da ball and is defensively sound...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #588: Apr 12, 2010 03:31:31 am
      I wud jus like to say and not braggin (well???) but i sed b4 dat agger cud do a job dare b4 he was forced into it...He has always looked comfortable comin forward wit da ball and is defensively sound...

Speak English please.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #589: Apr 12, 2010 05:09:19 am
      We really do need that 60 million Rafa wants ! a left back and two wingers and a striker we'd be laughing
      Kjaer-12 million and shove Agger to left back
      Silva-20 million
      Hazzard.12 million
      Villa-20

and sell Riera to make up the defict.If only it wasnt a dream !
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #590: Apr 12, 2010 05:10:17 am
      I wud jus like to say and not braggin (well???) but I sed b4 dat agger cud do a job dare b4 he was forced into it...He has always looked comfortable comin forward wit da ball and is defensively sound...
      If you could stop using text talk you'd make it alot easier for everyone ;)
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #591: Apr 12, 2010 05:47:43 am
      really dispionted with this result it shows if teams park the bus they will get a point or even worse get a win. pathectic with all the firepower out there could not score fulham never wanted to make a game of it. yes we need more than 60mill
      asparagus
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | -8 
      Reply #592: Apr 12, 2010 05:55:34 am
      Although I admire the people who still stick by Rafa despite everything that has happened this season, I cannot say I feel the same way.

Rafa has now had 6 full season's to put a side together capable of winning the premier league title.  For whatever reason it just has not happened for him.  Ok last season was a very good season and finishing 2nd and four points behind Manchester United was not a bad season's work. 

But for the person who wrote in before saying he would be happy with a mid-table finish because of our financial restraints, I really cannot agree.  I go to nearly every home league game including the one today and there are a lot of average players in that side who should consider themselves extremely fortunate to be playing for Liverpool Football Club. 

Money simply doesn't come into it.  Last season we had a fantastic year in which we finished a close second.  Our financial budget was no better than what it is this season and yet we managed to compete.  So why not this season? Some fans are too quick to blame a lack of investment on the club's failings.  Manchester United lost two of their best players last season in Carlos Tevez and Cristiano Ronaldo.  Chelsea and Arsenal didn't spend massive amounts of money yet they are all still competing.  Everton have spent little or nothing and yet they are just six points behind us with a game in hand. 

Rafa has had massive amounts of support from the Liverpool fans, maybe even too much. For a man who has spent as much as he has and only has a Champions league and an FA cup to shoe for it says it all as far as I'm concerned.  The club's going backwards under his management and yet the fans continue to back a man who for large proportions of the season has used the ''financial restraints'' placed on the club as an excuse to fall back on. 

It also strikes me that if anybody dares question Rafa on these forums you get slautured for it.  People get abuse just because they dont go with the majority of opinion.  Yet this is a forum and people have different views and everybody's should be respected.  My view is that Rafa has underachieved at the club and ''lack of finances'' is a rather lame excuse for his failings.

Finally nobody can criticise the way Fulham played today.  They have a paper thin squad that has played nearly 55 games this season and they play the way that works for them. 

totally agree!!!! 8)
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 15 
      Reply #593: Apr 12, 2010 06:27:11 am
      I disagree. Anyways, this doesn't belong here; go to the Rafa thread.

Having watched the match, we should have won by at least 2:0. Shame there were so many misses.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #594: Apr 12, 2010 08:26:41 am
      The overall performance of the team I thought was ok. The defence looked untroubled, and our midfield and attacking players did everything except stick it in the onion bag.
      Mascherano is looking more and more accomplished on the ball as time goes by, even noticed a few tricks coming into his play.
      The disappointing thing to me is like everyone else, that we didnt get the 3 points, and secondly the substitutions.

Aquilani and Babel looked the most likely to score, and are really in need of minutes on the pitch, two reasons why I would not have taken them off. You have a team parking the bus, and you need to withdraw defensive players, not attacking players, its hardly rocket science.  Even in the highly unlikely event that with extra attackers on the pitch Fulham may score, in reality the incentive to get all 3 points was greater than the risk of ending up losing one point.

Pacheco should have been on for longer, he looked bright, and especially now we are out of the fight for 4th should be given more chances.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,345 posts | 1620 
      Reply #595: Apr 12, 2010 11:20:24 am
      Firstly well done the fulham fans on the minutes silence you sometimes get a few knobheads making noise but  it was impeccably observed ,the game well, they came and parked the bus which has been said but our striker had all the movement of an arthritic pensioner too slow no skill and certainly no fcking control of the football ,should count himself very fortunate to be playing in a reds shirt .
      Stevie has been slated on times for his delivery into the box but yesterday it was crying out for someone to just bust a gut and attack the ball coming in no one wanted too Ngog just stood around waiting for the ball to land on his head fckin work for it man show some god damn effort you would have thought he was nailed to the floor on times ,i have slated Kuyt on times this year for his general level of play but the one thing with Kuyt for all technical deficiencies he will bust a gut to get on to something no one did that yesterday.
      One joke yesterday they were singing Zamora for England yea OK if you want another center back because he didn,t cross the half way line .
      Thought the crowd were a bit subdued yesterday we expect the players to get up for every game well the same goes for the fans ,i am not against anyone going to the games but yesterday blew my fckin gasket, i was in the main stand yesterday right next to the fulham fans ,the three of us there were surrounded by germans dutch Japanese Chinese and a multitude of others i couldn't pick out ,not one song did they all sing no encouragement for the team and to top it off i said to my mate turn round and look at them there sat behind us 3/4 Japanese with girlfriends sitting there filming the game on their fckin digi cams to say i was infuriated was a fckin understatement and this went on for nearly the whole game .That type of fan is ruining our club as much as the yanks.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #596: Apr 12, 2010 01:00:26 pm

That was beautifully done. Well done to the Fulham fans.

RIP 96.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #597: Apr 12, 2010 02:48:32 pm
      Totally agree with what everyone is saying about them just defending, it reminds me of a Shankly quote: "What can you do, playing against 11 goalposts?"

Quick Reply