Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Liverpool 0-0 Fulham - In game and post match frustration

Read 48743 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Fulham - In game and post match frustration
      Reply #598: Apr 12, 2010 03:19:47 pm
      I'm not going to talk about the Fulham game, enough said already. Realistically, Rafa can forget about 60 mil, we'll never get that amount of money when we don't compete in the CL. Even if we were to compete in the CL we will still not pocket that amount. OK with sponsorships we may get near to that. But what's the point when the Yanks kept piling those debts onto the club. I'd say, forget about the Silvas and Villas, we simply can't afford and let's be realistic. Rafa should take an early off, since we will most probably miss 4th and head towards South America and get us a few affordable talents. Besides that, Rafa should really plot how we should play next season and he's got ample time during the off season period to do just that. I do believe we have a good enough squad, except perhaps 3 players that needs to be replaced. A few additional talents will be most welcome. Hope we don;t have to hear too often that young players need time to settledown and learn the trade. As long as you are good enough to get into the first team, you are expected to perform at the highest level demanded of LFC.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #599: Apr 12, 2010 03:27:05 pm
      Sadly to say there's no rule to say a team can't play 11 players behind the ball, I'd see that as a real challenge in breaking down the opposition defence. If we could do that, then we're ready to face any team that park the bus. We just don't have a plan to get rid of that bus. If our trainers can spend enough effort and time to do that, then most probably we'll collect many more points next season for teams that park the bus.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #600: Apr 12, 2010 03:32:38 pm
      Rafa should really plot how we should play next season and he's got ample time during the off season period to do just that.
      Don't think he's got the amount of time you think he has, remember its the world cup this summer !, he's going to have players late back from there and possible forthcoming injury's to worry about also !
      MKT9M8
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #601: Apr 12, 2010 03:48:47 pm
      Hey guys, can you help me out with my dissertation please?!
      It's a questionnaire which takes 5-9 mins to fill out.
      Need my Liverpool help for this!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/S89MNSC
      Cheers
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #602: Apr 12, 2010 08:52:24 pm
      Completely missed the match yesterday (can't bring myself to watch the highlights) - how did Aqui play?
      LiverpoolJay
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      • Never lose hope
      Reply #603: Apr 12, 2010 10:34:08 pm
      Completely missed the match yesterday (can't bring myself to watch the highlights) - how did Aqui play?

Best player on the park mate. So unlucky he didnt score - It just so happened Schwarzer felt like giving us a lesson in keeping a clean sheet
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #604: Apr 13, 2010 01:11:57 am
      I wud jus like to say and not braggin (well???) but i sed b4 dat agger cud do a job dare b4 he was forced into it...He has always looked comfortable comin forward wit da ball and is defensively sound...
      Uh......What?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #605: Apr 13, 2010 01:17:34 am
      I wud jus like to say and not braggin (well???) but i sed b4 dat agger cud do a job dare b4 he was forced into it...He has always looked comfortable comin forward wit da ball and is defensively sound...

Do you remember him playing there two seasons ago!!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #606: Apr 13, 2010 01:20:33 am
      I think he meant to say............

I would just like to say, and not bragging ( well ??? ), but i said that Agger could do a job there before he was forced into it. He has always looked comfortable coming forward with the ball and is defensively sound............

Mobile phone speech has a lot to answer for.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #607: Apr 13, 2010 01:20:42 am
      I wud jus like to say and not braggin (well???) but I sed b4 dat agger cud do a job dare b4 he was forced into it...He has always looked comfortable comin forward wit da ball and is defensively sound...
      Ever tried speaking English,bi*ch.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #608: Apr 13, 2010 01:35:00 am
      I think he meant to say............

I would just like to say, and not bragging ( well ??? ), but I said that Agger could do a job there before he was forced into it. He has always looked comfortable coming forward with the ball and is defensively sound............

Mobile phone speech has a lot to answer for.

nice, can we have you on standby for the next one, you should get paid for it.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #609: Apr 13, 2010 01:37:04 am
      Anybody else really happy with how aquilani played? He isnt quite there yet in sharpness, but definitely showing signs of quality.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #610: Apr 13, 2010 01:42:01 am
      Anybody else really happy with how aquilani played? He isnt quite there yet in sharpness, but definitely showing signs of quality.
      I'm still on the fence with the lad , but I really do hope comes good.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #611: Apr 13, 2010 01:54:12 am
      I think he has had better games.  I watched the game on LFC.TV and Gary Gillespie must have been sitting in his pants knocking one out over his performance.  I had my pants firmly pulled up and belt tightened.

I like players doing fancy skills.  But I prefer it when we're 5-0 up.

lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #612: Apr 13, 2010 01:56:13 am
      I'm still on the fence with the lad , but I really do hope comes good.

Ye, plenty of shots, a few nice passes, linked up with Gerrard quite well, I must admit I'm an admirer.

I think the only worrying thing is that there has been a question so soon into his Liverpool career about his attitude. Hopefully he can prove he has the right character to plant himself in the first 11.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #613: Apr 13, 2010 02:00:54 am
      I think he has had better games.  I watched the game on LFC.TV and Gary Gillespie must have been sitting in his pants knocking one out over his performance.  I had my pants firmly pulled up and belt tightened.

I like players doing fancy skills.  But I prefer it when we're 5-0 up.

Fair point
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #614: Apr 13, 2010 06:03:25 am
      Well waking up 10 minutes before the game started and seeing No Torres in the tunnel and then on the team sheet had me worried. I thought we'd be in for a tough day.

Must say I was particularly disappointed in Roy Hodgson and his Fulham team for parking the bus.

The have nothing to worry about, their Premiership status is secure, let's get out on the park and have a real game!!!!

Thought Aquilani played very well, at least he was trying to crack the defence, bloody Australian goalkeeper. Must say I was stunned when he came off.

Thought Babel was only good for the 10 minutes before he came off.

Also was getting angry at Stevie. He had some decent set shot opportunities today, a couple of free kicks outside the box that I thought he might have smashed in but instead lobbed it up for someone to get on the end of. Stevie our best attacking player is not playing, that means you are the man. I expected you to grab the game by the scruff of the neck but a lot of the time you walked around like you couldn't wait for the game and the season to be over.

A note also goes out to some of the supporters today. Couldn't believe I was hearing Fulham chants, Zamora songs..it wasn't till the last 15 minutes that some of the fans decided to have their voices heard. It definitely was a flat atmosphere and one I never hope to see again at Anfield.

Well it doesn't look good for 4th spot now but what are we gonna do? Are we just going to wallow in our misery or support the lads in the remainder of the games and hope at the end of the season we have a Europa Championship medal hanging around the lads necks.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #615: Apr 13, 2010 06:52:48 am
      All we needed in that game was an early goal and we would have proper twatted them by 5 or 6.

The performance was almost on par with Sunderland minus the goals.

Interesting little stat they showed after the game where they compared the two central midfielders head to head.

Gerrard passes completed 56 -Danny Murphy 13

Mascherano passes completed 61-Dickson Etuhu 16.

Just goes to show the large amount of possession we had but failed to convert into a goal.

Pissed me right off when Fulham were milking time in that right corner area in injury time, I want these lot in the Europa final to tw*t them properly.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #616: Apr 13, 2010 06:57:49 am
      Is it me, or is the wait for next game seems so so so far away ;D.

Quick Reply