Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Hicks reveals plans for Stadium are finalised

Read 5992 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Hicks reveals plans for Stadium are finalised
      Jun 07, 2007 12:19:21 am
      Article from LFC.tv from yesterday - exciting stuff. I look forward to the plans being shown later on this month.

Hicks reveals new stadium will excite fans
      5th June 2007

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has revealed that plans for the new stadium have now been finalised and promised Reds fans will love what they see.

According to Hicks, the new designs are set to be presented to the council later this month and then will be available for the fans to see.

"The design is now final," he enthused, "it's spectacular and I can't wait for everybody to see it. I think our fans will love it. It's very creative architecture, very contemporary but also unique to Liverpool.

"It is all centered around the Kop - it will be the symphony stage that plays to the symphony hall."

Meanwhile, Hicks also promised supporters that a lot of work is going on behind the scenes to tie up players on longer deals and bring in new faces to strengthen Rafael Benitez's squad ahead of the new season.

"I would say to fans, 'just be patient', because we're talking to Rafa often," he added. "Rick Parry is in charge of getting the contracts negotiated and I think the fans will like the outcome. Maybe we'll hear something in the next week."
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Re: Hicks reveals plans for Stadium are finalised
      Reply #1: Jun 07, 2007 12:57:58 am
      Sounds good.  I can't wait.

Maybe that's why the transfers haven't all developed yet.  I hope that's their excuse anyway - that they've been too busy sorting all this out.

Let's hope the useless council don't block any more developments when its presented.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #2: Jun 07, 2007 10:43:22 am
      no i think all the noises we have heard from the council is great, they seem to love H&G and must have had some snippits of what the new stadium will look like, warren bradley was going on about what a world class stadium it will be so roll on the 18th !

it just goes to show up the previous board as inept at working with the lcc however frustrating they have ben to deal with in the past.

as story and bradley have said lets hope we have struck oil in stanley park ! :)
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #3: Jun 07, 2007 02:24:55 pm
      From what I've heard, The Kop is the main feature of the ground. It's totally different from the rest of the ground.
      It's designed for atmosphere and also the focal point.
      To be honest I can't wait for it all to happen.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #4: Jun 07, 2007 05:37:40 pm
      sounds good i think
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #5: Jun 10, 2007 12:12:02 pm
      I am buzzing in anticipation for these plans! Can't wait to see them! Hope THe Kop's still single tier, I love it the way it is and to change that would be a bit of a let down but fingers crossed ay?  :laugh:
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #6: Jun 12, 2007 01:01:32 pm
      I posted this in RTK - Rick Parry but thought it was suited in here. The below is from another forum this guy soke with Parry while at the RTK meeting. Looks like to start with will be 66k - hopefully !

I attended the RTK Q&A session tonight with the aim of asking about the new stadium, but understandably the evening was dominated by events in Athens, the clubs response, the Final ticket issue & genrally loyalty.

Hence, I didn't get to ask my question. I did manage to speak with Rick Parry at the end and he confirmed the following;

The Revised design requires a fresh planning application, to by pass the majority of the delays and objections, the capacity will remain the same, ie 61k, however Parry said the KOP was stunning and it will be around 19k in capacity. The reason why the 61k is the same, is because all the transport infrastructure issues & objections have been looked at & from what I can gather this will allow us to get approval to start building ASAP.

Not wanting to give ammunition to people who object to the ground, Parry went onto say the club may or may not (IMO we will) then put in another application to upgrade the capacity to 66k, while the work is in progress, with a view to completing the stadium on time with 66k capacity, in the same amount of time that they would have completed it with 61k.

I then asked about a upper limit & it appears that the figure mooted was 76k, but this would be dependant on a number of things, including the reopening of the Bootle Branch line & the reserection of the tram scheme, but who knows, maybe with the Yanks help?

Other notable figures from the evening;

Currently 60k on the season ticket waiting list & currently 166k fan card holders.
      Liverpool Fc Biggest Fan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #7: Jun 13, 2007 01:36:16 pm
      Hopefully the stadium will be rally big for all the millions of liverpool fans
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #8: Jun 13, 2007 03:50:14 pm
      Hopefully the stadium will be rally big for all the millions of liverpool fans

Don't think it's that big pal ;)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #9: Jun 13, 2007 10:29:31 pm
      I've got this magic image of the new Kop in me head... I'm just hoping it won't be a dissapointment! Although a 19k single tier can only be nothing short of fantastic!  8)

76k tops sounds good too! Just hoping for some snippets, I'll be away the start of next week so I'll have to get into a internet cafe to av a look! Are the plans out on the 18th of June?
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #10: Jun 13, 2007 11:24:00 pm
      That's the date I've heard mate.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #11: Jun 27, 2007 07:47:43 pm
      can anyone confirm if they are revealing the new stadium plans tomorrow, i read in the sunday paper/s it was this week and it says the 28th on the echo website
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #12: Jun 27, 2007 08:04:44 pm
      can anyone confirm if they are revealing the new stadium plans tomorrow, I read in the sunday paper/s it was this week and it says the 28th on the echo website

The plans were submitted last week to the council who are now going through all the yada yada paperwork stuff. 

Maybe tomorrow is when it is all made public.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #13: Jun 27, 2007 08:14:35 pm
      cheers jabba i read that was all crap with regards to it be given to the lcc, and that the plans were yet to be revealed but they would be made public on the day of submition to cc, heard that it was tomorrow and just hoping someone can confirm . . . .
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #14: Jun 27, 2007 10:34:36 pm
      Some new images starting to do the rounds.... ?

« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2007 10:37:02 pm by JD »
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #15: Jun 27, 2007 10:40:47 pm
      This would certainly be unique,it will take alot of getting used to.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #16: Jun 28, 2007 12:24:17 am
      cant work out where the sides are are the outside of the stadium, it looks like there missing and its just a bare frame of the seats ???

not sure im too keen on the colour (id rather all red) but i have heard that there have been pics of the whole design at different stages so it could be that these are some picks of it not complete.

Quick Reply