Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Starting XI - if we have £50million to spend in the summer

Read 17086 times
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Re: Starting XI - if we have £50million to spend in the summer
      Reply #207: Apr 18, 2010 10:37:10 am
      Reina
      Johnson-Skrtel-Agger-Bale
      Maxi-Gerrard-Masch-Turan
      Aquilani
      Torres

To me Maxi & Aquilani can be considered as new and Liverpool don't need that much £50-£60 million.

Maybe can consider of selling/loan out Ngog, Aurelio, Lucas, Riera and Yossi.
      Not sure whether Jovanovic join us, but if not, maybe can try to get Amr Zaki cheap price to back up Torres.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #208: Apr 18, 2010 12:57:30 pm
      If. . . And its a big if. . MON walks id be taking a few of villas young midfielders. Especially milner the handsome gifted b@st@rd
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #209: Apr 18, 2010 01:02:36 pm
      If. . . And its a big if. . MON walks id be taking a few of villas young midfielders. Especially milner the handsome gifted b@st@rd

I know what your saying mate, but in all honesty I think there is better value for money from abroad, English players are vastly over priced for their skill levels... say Ashley Young as an example they'd want in the region of 20/25 million, I'd rather have David Silva as he's a much better all round player.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #210: Apr 18, 2010 01:23:07 pm
      Hey im not greedy id be happy if we only signed milner and silva
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #211: Apr 18, 2010 01:24:38 pm
      Hey im not greedy id be happy if we only signed milner and silva

I'd have a w*nk aslong as we got a left back who can defend and Jovanovich as Nando's understudy. :D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #212: Apr 18, 2010 01:42:03 pm
      Think you may hold off on the self love. A proper left back is almost as rare as a deep lying playmaker
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #213: Apr 18, 2010 01:55:20 pm
      Lets just convert Agger to left back, Insua can be his apprentice, and then we can play Carra and Sotis/Skrtel in the middle :D
      mormarijn
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #214: Apr 18, 2010 01:58:03 pm
      Reina/Cava
      Johnson/Kelly/Darby
      Carra/Sotis/Ayala
      Agger/Skrtel
      Bale/Insua
      Turan/Maxi
      Gerrard/Aquilani
      Masch/Plessis/Lucas
      Silva/Babel
      Pacheco/Jovanovic/Kuyt
      Torres/Nemeth/NGog/Eccleston

Degen, Aurelio, Benayoun, El Zhar and Riera out= £20 million?
      £20 million + transfer funds of lets say £25 million being optimistic= £45 million to play with.

Bring in a replacement for Aurelio, decent left back, someone like Baines, Bale- 8 mill.
      A world class left winger AKA Silva- 20 mill.
      A very good right winger to rotate with Maxi (Turan) who can also be more central if needed- 15 mill.

Those 3 replacing 5 of our current players, 4 of which are hardly regular starters costing £43 mill, with 2 left over for wages.

Yes, you could consider Vargas too for left back or left midfield. But I don't know what the odds are, because Real Madrid wants him too...
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #215: Apr 18, 2010 02:17:41 pm
      Yeah i agree with you mate Carra a grate player but isn't the player we had a few years back maybe as the getting older or just to many centre halfs he had to ply with this year Skirt's,Agger,Soto. he still good enough for liverpool but as a back up like Sammi was the last few season's Who Knows he might not get offerd a new contract

yeah, that's why I included santon in the mix. I'm just saying. this is my ideal team. carra is obviously still a powerhouse for the team but he has been making a lot of mistakes as of late. some of which were pretty costly. and kjaer seems like a good sub who can make it into the 1st team coz carra won't be the same in teh near future. I honestly would like to see someone to replace maxi. I just don't really know who we could put in there. not too much of a lennon fan. I like the prospect of developing hazard from lille or sotiris ninis fro panathinaikos (not sure if that's the right spelling). I think they would make great additions to the team. also, pjanic would be a very good addition to our squad
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #216: Apr 18, 2010 04:33:03 pm
      What a bunch of f**king bullshit. Wenger spots all that talent does he? I personally think Wenger is over-rated with all this youth crap. How long has he been building his youth without a trophy now? Signing a player like Ramsey was not Wenger spotting him - I remember watching the lad for Cardiff before he signed for Arsenal and they were already raving about him. Players like Walcott still have not shown their full potential yet IMO, and then someone like Fabregas was a Barca product. Wenger just gets in on the hard work of other academies! The fact their last trophy win was a week or so before Rafa's first says a lot about that youth program. In reality, his greatest success was when he could get in stars like Henry, Ljungberg, Bergkamp etc, not with the fabled "Wenger Youth"

And before Rafa wrested control of the academy just a year ago, it produced what? Those players all came through over a decade ago FFS! Do some god-damned research.

Forget Wenger then as he seems to deeply upset you, just tell me what youth rafa has nurtured or discovered?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #217: Apr 18, 2010 05:47:01 pm

Forget Wenger then as he seems to deeply upset you, just tell me what youth rafa has nurtured or discovered?

He's actually right though mate, I've said this myself Fabreagas, product of Barcelona's excellent youth,  Walcott he was raved about as the next big thing at Southampton, the same with Ramsey at Cardiff, Wenger takes a gamble and gives such youngsters a chance at a big club, but more often than not they are quite special players already.

In the same sense since Wenger introduced his youth policy, which has basically coincided with Rafa's arrival on English soil, Rafa has actually been more successful than Wenger in terms of the silver ware they polish from 2004 onwards.

Pacheco, Nemeth, bright futures for two right there.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #218: Apr 18, 2010 07:26:42 pm
      Rafa has taken full control of the youth setup this year and appointed two great men to both the youth and reserve teams. Its only a matter of time before we reap the reward. All rafa needs is a transfer budget to assist this then the likes of pacheco nemeth eccleston darby kelly amoo dalla valle etc can help this club be great again. Plenty of youth being developed by rafa
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #219: Apr 18, 2010 07:41:21 pm
      I read today Rafa will be offered 25 mill for rebuilding, Rafa has already stated we need 60-80 mill just to try and keep up with Spurs, that's how long it is since these owners gave any funds for players.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #220: Apr 18, 2010 07:48:55 pm
      According to reports all week Barclays were going to provide £50 million part of the refinacing structure.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #221: Apr 19, 2010 04:24:23 am
      I read today Rafa will be offered 25 mill for rebuilding, Rafa has already stated we need 60-80 mill just to try and keep up with Spurs, that's how long it is since these owners gave any funds for players.
      Rebuilding after 6 seasons and got rid all foreign players under Houllier?
      What rebuilding?
      And to keep up with Spurs? Spurs?
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #222: Apr 19, 2010 04:38:10 am
      Some of the reports indicated in the press we are moving for Gary Cahill. Anyone like the move, it's reported to be around 15  million.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #223: Apr 19, 2010 04:58:58 am
      Rebuilding after 6 seasons and got rid all foreign players under Houllier?
      What rebuilding?
      And to keep up with Spurs? Spurs?

Learn to think. Please.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #224: Apr 19, 2010 05:44:39 am
      http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en-gb/news/2557/news/2010/04/19/1884748/liverpool-boss-rafael-benitez-premier-league-title?

Now Rafa has admitted he couldn't win the premierleague.
      And I love to see those comments.

« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2010 07:56:32 am by alliphone »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #225: Apr 19, 2010 06:04:12 am
      Some of the reports indicated in the press we are moving for Gary Cahill. Anyone like the move, it's reported to be around 15  million.

Where did you see it? I'm a big fan of Gary Cahill, he's a great CB, should be playing for England IMO. Not sure if a CB would be my priority though.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #226: Apr 19, 2010 06:07:31 am
      Can't argue with that, alliphone. Such a solid source and all to back you up :roll:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #227: Apr 19, 2010 08:06:11 am
      What Rafa has said is what we've all said. We didn't build on last season in the transfer market.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #228: Apr 19, 2010 08:48:35 am
      Where did you see it? I'm a big fan of Gary Cahill, he's a great CB, should be playing for England IMO. Not sure if a CB would be my priority though.

The mirror. It says Liverpool plan summer raid for Bolton star.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #229: Apr 19, 2010 01:24:53 pm

15?? Sooner see Ayala come through

Quick Reply