Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Juve: Quit Liverpool by next Friday if you want to be our boss

Read 17392 times
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Re: Juve: Quit Liverpool by next Friday if you want to be our boss
      Reply #161: Apr 27, 2010 05:43:01 pm
      Who are you rouge state and what exactly makes you so sure you know all of this info is correct?
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #162: Apr 27, 2010 06:22:08 pm
      Today it was reported that Juve agreed to terms with Rafa's agent. No less than an hour later, Rafa's agent denied it. If I were the media I would connect two and two together. If there was an agreement and it had been agreed upon, why would Rafa's agent keep denying it. If he wanted to keep it quiet he wouldn't comment on it at all.
      rouge state
      Reply #163: Apr 27, 2010 06:28:23 pm
      Simple,for rafa to leave liverpool juventus need to pay up his contract(£20 million).
      Juventus will have to give rafa funds in the region of (£100 millon) fo transfer targets.

IT'S NOT  GOING TO HAPPEN. PERIOD.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #164: Apr 27, 2010 06:39:43 pm
      why wont rafa come out and say no to this bull
      rouge state
      Reply #165: Apr 27, 2010 06:44:31 pm
      Rafa is a good poker player.Chips are in his hand.
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #166: Apr 27, 2010 06:55:13 pm
      AmericanRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #167: Apr 27, 2010 07:11:01 pm
      No this stroy will never materialise.

1. Rafa loves the LFC fansand club
      2. Players and fans will not let him go
      3. New owners will want him to stay on

Remember continuity is important to the overall strategy so LFC needs to hold onto all our prized assets. Rafa is one of them so he will stay well and firmly put.

Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #168: Apr 27, 2010 07:16:02 pm

He has more important things to do, like keeping focused on our chances of European glory and a spot for fourth. Unlike Juve, who apparently don't care about how their team finishes because they are more concerned about next year than the fixtures they have left.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #169: Apr 27, 2010 07:37:40 pm
      Guess rafa must be tired by now,since the start of the season he has had to deal with speculation.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #170: Apr 27, 2010 07:58:14 pm
      How many Fridays have passed?  :laugh:
      I can't wait for him to leave.  :f_tongueincheek:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #171: Apr 27, 2010 09:20:20 pm
      With all these rumours true or not I think it unsettles the squad for the very important semi final  on thursday at Anfield

So i hope Rafa will end this speculation once and for all if he intend (and i believe so) to stay ,
      What exactly do you want him to do? He's signed a long-term contract, denied every report that he wants out and repeatedly expressed his desire to stay and build something here. Do you need him to pinky-swear it or something?
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #172: Apr 27, 2010 09:42:09 pm
      What exactly do you want him to do? He's signed a long-term contract, denied every report that he wants out and repeatedly expressed his desire to stay and build something here. Do you need him to pinky-swear it or something?

lmao, Rafa pinking-swearing to each fan.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #173: Apr 28, 2010 11:23:15 am
      Benitez free to pursue potential Juve move

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/benitez-free-to-pursue-potential-juve-move-1956009.html

The attitude of the Liverpool hierarchy towards Rafael Benitez is that they will not stand in his way if the well-trailed offer from Juventus is finally put to their Spanish manager, but both parties regard that situation as still a long way off.

The pressure has been building this week, with more leaks from Italy suggesting that Benitez, who has four years left to run on his Liverpool contract, will be the subject of a £16m, four-year deal from the Italian club. While the Italians are not yet near to putting a formal request to Liverpool there is the sense that the move will speed up over the next few weeks.

Senior figures at Liverpool have indicated that – unlike in the past when Benitez has parlayed his popularity with the fans into improved contracts and greater influence at the club – this will not be the case should Juventus's offer turn out to be genuine.

Benitez was in a much stronger position in March last year when he signed his existing deal at Liverpool – a four-year extension to 2014. With the club's American co-owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks desperate to keep some semblance of stability to attract potential buyers, Benitez was regarded as untouchable 11 months ago.

His agent, Manuel Garcia Quilon, is considered by the club as a prime mover in the attempts to broker an agreement with Juventus, although not everyone in English football is really convinced that they have the resources to complete the deal. It is likely that there will be some interest from Real Madrid in Benitez this summer, although the Juventus president, Jean-Claude Blanc, would push for a quick answer should the club put together an acceptable deal.

Benitez is still planning for next season with Liverpool, having expressed an interest in Rafael van der Vaart of Real Madrid. The 18-year-old Charlton midfielder Jonjo Shelvey also had a medical at the club yesterday before a possible £1.7m move to Anfield. Shelvey first came to prominence during the Addicks unsuccessful fight against relegation from the Championship last season and last summer was reported to have turned down a move to Chelsea.

Check out comments on the page.

*LFCexiled (LFC Reds)

"Beat Chelsea. hope other scores favour us. If they get to 19 before us? We'll just have to get to 20 before them won't we?"
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #174: Apr 28, 2010 11:30:08 am
      Who are you rouge state and what exactly makes you so sure you know all of this info is correct?

Ive asked the same question in the Alex Curran thread a minute ago. Keeps quoting all this inside info then contradicts him/herself in the next post.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #175: Apr 28, 2010 11:35:38 am
       I dont care what some hack writes Rafa will be going nowhere. Why should he keep having to deny bullshit stories all year long? He has said hes here for the long haul and frankly hes got much more serious matters at hand.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #176: Apr 28, 2010 04:42:43 pm
      Source: ssn
      Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez insists he is committed to the club and is frustrated at rumours over his future.

Benitez's position at Anfield has been the subject of intense speculation in recent weeks with Italian giants Juventus strongly linked with a move for his services.

The Spaniard, who is preparing for Thursday's Europa clash with Atletico Madrid, is annoyed with the constant speculation over his Liverpool future and claims the signing of Charlton youngster Jonjo Shelvey proves his long-term planning for the club.

"I don't like [the rumours]," said Benitez.

"I would like to see news in the press about trophies, or goals or fantastic performances about players but you cannot control everything.

"My future is Atletico Madrid. We have to concentrate on this game and try to win because it is the best for the club."

Signings

Benitez is happy with the signing of Shelvey and admits he has other young British talent lined up to bring in at Anfield.
      "But we have been working for years; I was trying to sign Gareth Barry before and Glen Johnson was the same idea - we were trying to bring in British players with passion," added Benitez.

"Players who could feel what Liverpool means for them. Shelvey is one of these and we have two or three names ready so we will try to do the best for the club.

"We have this long-term plan in place and we will try to follow the plan."

In other words... He's here for the long haul people
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #177: Apr 28, 2010 04:46:29 pm
      Best news since sliced bread racer.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #178: Apr 28, 2010 04:47:35 pm
      "My future is Atletico Madrid. We have to concentrate on this game and try to win because it is the best for the club."
      I'm surprised SSN haven't twisted that into 'Benitez to leave Liverpool for Atletico Madrid'
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #179: Apr 28, 2010 04:49:02 pm
      I'm surprised SSN haven't twisted that into 'Benitez to leave Liverpool for Atletico Madrid'

Damn. Guess he's off so. Surprised I missed that. It seems so obvious now. Ha Ha
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #180: Apr 28, 2010 04:51:48 pm
      Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez insists he is committed to the club and is frustrated at rumours over his future.

Benitez's position at Anfield has been the subject of intense speculation in recent weeks with Italian giants Juventus strongly linked with a move for his services.

The Spaniard, who is preparing for Thursday's Europa clash with Atletico Madrid, is annoyed with the constant speculation over his Liverpool future and claims the signing of Charlton youngster Jonjo Shelvey proves his long-term planning for the club.

"I don't like [the rumours]," said Benitez.

"I would like to see news in the press about trophies, or goals or fantastic performances about players but you cannot control everything.

Signings

Benitez is happy with the signing of Shelvey and admits he has other young British talent lined up to bring in at Anfield.
      "But we have been working for years; I was trying to sign Gareth Barry before and Glen Johnson was the same idea - we were trying to bring in British players with passion," added Benitez.

"Players who could feel what Liverpool means for them. Shelvey is one of these and we have two or three names ready so we will try to do the best for the club.

"We have this long-term plan in place and we will try to follow the plan."

In other words... He's here for the long haul people

Thanks Rafa, I'm glad you have came out and told us this.

Now lets see what stories the media can think of now in order to knock us down.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #181: Apr 28, 2010 05:18:19 pm
      Exactly what I thought, while everyone in the media was questioning Rafa's future. Rafa was doing what he is paid to do, run a football club and ignore what the media speculates.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #182: Apr 28, 2010 06:19:13 pm
      Should lock all topics now regarding rafa's future.

All of us now need to concentrate on the 3 finals we have.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,729 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #183: Apr 28, 2010 07:48:49 pm
      Should lock all topics now regarding rafa's future.

All of us now need to concentrate on the 3 finals we have.
      End this thread with a good taste ;)

Quick Reply