Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

My Night Of Pain, And More

Read 10856 times
      Murph
      • Forum Neil Ruddock
      • Started Topic

• 153 posts | 17 
      My Night Of Pain, And More
      Apr 15, 2010 02:02:28 am
      Posted 6 years ago on 'Red all over the land forum', since then, this lad is burrying his brother Friday, where the F**k do you start

Just thought I'd try and put everything down into words , words that sum up the pain that this night means to me !

A few of you know me out there , and I come on here occasionally to have a laugh etc , one thing I've never done on here is to tell everyone that My brother died at Hillsborough , Its not something I ever wanted to do and thought I would ever do as well !

I can get through the 15th April , the memorial takes up time , going to the Cememetery takes up time , My Family take up my time But when the nightime comes , everything comes back to haunt me !I'm on my own !

On the 15th April 1989 , I was a twenty year old lad , didn't have a care in the world , it was me,myself & I only ! That day changed me forever , The way I thought , the way I lived was gone !

That night after arriving back from Sheffield that day at around 8pm After hours of waiting in the house , phoning emergency numbers ,phoning hospitals etc ! I decided I had to do something , so along with a very dear friend of mine (Peter) I headed into town , heard there was transport to Sheffield free that night leaving from Hatton Garden , Getting down there we couldn't see a thing , so I headed to Radio City in Stanley Street to see if they could do anything for me .

Well I ended up in a Taxi , the journey was done in virtually complete silence not knowing what to expect when we got there and what to do anyway!

The Taxi seemed to take an age to get there , once in Sheffield we headed for the Hospitals , The Northern General & Hallamshire are the ones I went to if I remember rightly .

In there I asked in desperation if anyone had seen my younger brother , getting frantic at this time , my memory now fades into a kind of dream state , looking back now !

I was told to go back down to Hillsborough Stadium, It was about 4am on the 16th , to see the police there.

Well alls I remember now , is that I ended up in a side room to what I know now to be the gymnasium.

Confronting me on a wall was dozens and dozens of pictures of OUR dead fans ! With me being now in a total state of shock , I was shouting "he's not there, He's Not there" when Peter pointed at a picture and said "He's there" , In disbelief I studied the picture hard I still couldn't believe it , There was my little brother who'd been with me all my life , On a picture , On a wall ,all battered and bruised . Forgive me anyone , this is killing me writing this !

They(the police) took the picture away , I can't tell you how long they were gone , but within a moment in time I was taken into the gymnasium were below my feet , on the floor lay a green body bag , the bag was unzipped and there lay my brother , I touched his face , I even checked his clothes to make sure it was him ! It was just me trying to deny it , I didn't want it to be him , He looked so sad , I held him for a second before he was taken away from me !

Well then I had to sit down , be interviewed , Now I was in No fit state to be interviewed at this time , being asked if he'd had a drink and all that sh*te was already in the mindset of the Police ! The scapegoat was there ! And that scapegoat was me & my dead brother !
      After the interview , if I could ever be as low as this again , I'd kill myself first !

I had to phone home from the gymnasium , the number had to be dialled for me ,because basically I couldn't see the dial !
      The Phone rang , a couple of times before My elder brother answered , "I'm sorry" I said " He's dead" I can't recollect now what my brother said because all I can remember is the sound of My Mum screaming in the background ( That will live with me forever !)
      My Dad then got on , and told me to make sure I got back home safely .

I left Hillsborough on this morning 12 years ago , a broken young man , and I'm still broken today !

The Taxi ride home , there is nothing i remember about it , I remember arriving home though and I gave the Taxi driver £20 quid for his help ( a couple of days later he returned it !) , thanked Peter for his help , and went into my house , My Mum and Dad were still up , It was nearing 7am by this time ! We all just sat there in disbelief , empty & alone with our own feelings .

The Nightmare had only just begun !

So once again I ask for forgiveness for upsetting anyone , But this is my most terrible night, I can't sleep , and I had to share it with some !

I will go down to the Dockers club to support the match as I am a proud memeber of the H.J.C. and if anyone see's me in the Albert before the Derby , Don't comment on the bags under my eye's because You'll know the reason why !

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE -- JUSTICE !

Thanks to everyone for helping me through this year's anniversary.
      On this 18th year .... I truly have NEVER WALKED ALONE !

Eternally grateful

HAIL HAIL

wrighty
      « Last Edit: Apr 15, 2010 02:04:12 am by JD »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: My Night Of Pain, And More
      Reply #1: Apr 15, 2010 02:08:48 am
      Tears in my eyes.

JFT96
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #2: Apr 15, 2010 02:13:06 am
      Thanks for posting that Murph.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3: Apr 15, 2010 02:17:13 am
      F***ing hell, shocking stuff that. :(

JFT96!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #4: Apr 15, 2010 02:21:11 am
      JFT96.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #5: Apr 15, 2010 02:25:16 am
      Pretty horrific really, feel very sorry for the lad, to think nearly a hundred more went through it too.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #6: Apr 15, 2010 02:26:34 am
      Thank you for posting that.

JFT96.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #7: Apr 15, 2010 02:30:33 am
       :(jesus fair play to ya for writin dat....cant even imagine..im jus 19...no words can make me really understand what families of the 96 are goin thru...deeply sorry mate.. JFT 96!!!!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #8: Apr 15, 2010 02:31:24 am
      In tears reading that.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #9: Apr 15, 2010 02:33:12 am
      JFT 96.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #10: Apr 15, 2010 02:40:58 am
      wow - Hillsborough was before my time, and I've never been able to fully relate to the emotion attatched to April 15th - after reading that, I feel more able
      YNWA
      « Last Edit: Apr 15, 2010 02:50:00 am by Henrik577 »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #11: Apr 15, 2010 02:56:59 am
      A truly hard read that.

Murph was that ever printed in the fanzine as I'm sure I've seen it before or something similar.

Stories like the above and some of those featured in Phil Scraton's book are seriously some of the hardest, painful things I think I've ever read.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #12: Apr 15, 2010 03:01:12 am
      If i ever feel that i am upset because of girls or because of a petty argument with family, i will read this story and it will put me in my place, tragedy's like these really show you what's really important in life and not to take anything for granted.

RIP 96, JFT 96.
      notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #13: Apr 15, 2010 03:09:21 am
      a very very sad story and I just hope each year it gets a little easier for the families but i know it dosent always work like that. keep yer heads up, YNWA.
      ssr.w
      • Forum David Johnson

• 245 posts |
      • Liverbird tattoed in my heart!
      Reply #14: Apr 15, 2010 03:35:19 am
      I'm in tears mate

JFT96
      Murph
      • Forum Neil Ruddock
      • Started Topic

• 153 posts | 17 
      Reply #15: Apr 15, 2010 03:44:10 am
      A truly hard read that.

Murph was that ever printed in the fanzine as I'm sure I've seen it before or something similar.

Stories like the above and some of those featured in Phil Scraton's book are seriously some of the hardest, painful things I think I've ever read.

Don't think so mate, Wrighty's not like that, its me putting his story up, he wouldn'tdo that, sad thing is, he's brother has just died and gets buried Friday
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #16: Apr 15, 2010 04:17:47 am

Don't think so mate, Wrighty's not like that, its me putting his story up, he wouldn'tdo that, sad thing is, he's brother has just died and gets buried Friday

Fair enough mate.

Truly sad about his brother as well, definitely going to be a hard few days for the family.

Best wishes to the lad and his family.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #17: Apr 15, 2010 04:24:41 am
      I am so so sorry man, JFT96.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #18: Apr 15, 2010 05:18:34 am
      Thats the first thing on this forum thats made me ball my eyes out...JFT 96 murph
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #19: Apr 15, 2010 06:01:26 am
      Extremely moving read , best wishes to you and all the other families of those who never returned home from a game of football . JFT 96
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #20: Apr 15, 2010 06:19:38 am
      Such a horrible thing to read, yet so important. Hope he gets through this difficult weak, thoughts to that guy.

YNWA.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Apr 15, 2010 08:25:43 am
      Bloody hell. All that and he was 20 at the time which is so much for someone so young to take in.

YNWA

JFT96
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #22: Apr 15, 2010 09:22:08 am
      I have tears running down my cheeks after reading that, and to lose another brother so close to the event must be very harrowing I'm truly sorry for your loses.
      J.F.T.96 

Quick Reply