Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Your Greatest Liverpool Stories

Read 1847 times
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Your Greatest Liverpool Stories
      Apr 20, 2010 07:48:49 pm
      I've just spent the last 10 or so minutes looking for a topic similar to this and i couldn't find one If their is a similar one could a mod please merge it or something ?.I just want to hear peoples greatest moments as a Liverpool fan.

I have two stories the first one happened on the evening of 25th May 2005.I was 13 and i was studying for my junior cert in the study centre at the school all i could think off was it going to be Baros or Cisse upfront,would Crespo tear us apart,or would Traore F**k up again.I did not want to be in their but with exams the week after i managed to convince my mam to let me out at 6.At twenty to six i got a text saying Glynno my mate is coming back to mine for the match cause his mother has to go to Limerick.

Now normally i wouldn't mind he came over to my house for 9 games cause he didn't have the channels it was no big deal.
      Liverpool 1-1 Spurs
      Liverpool 1-2 Man Utd
      Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea
      Liverpool 2-2 Blackburn (i think Cisse broke his leg in this one)
      Liverpool 0-2 Birmingham
      Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea again
      Liverpool 1-1 Pompey
      Liverpool 2-2 Totthenham
      Liverpool 0-1 Crystal Palace this game wasn't on tv he came down to mine for a kick around he was down around 4 minutes when Jeff Stelling anounced AJ had scored again. :mad: :mad:

He kept saying he must be bad luck but at the same time he kept coming down. As you can see from the results Liverpool had never won a game when he was at my house. So when the two off us found out he was watching the match at my house we went mad.My mam laughed it off and said it was cause Liverpool were sh*te and not that he was unlucky :/

Anyway we decided to try and forget it and we sat down and cracked open a couple of cans...(of coke as we were only 13 :P)
      and watched the coverage.When the game started we didn't even have time settle down before Maldini scored. Shell-shocked was not the word we kept watching and it kept getting worse  :'(

At half time he decided enough was enough and he headed home started accusing my mother of costing Liverpool the champions league and all sorts he got collected and just as he was leaving he saw Liverpool fans singing YNWA at half time and just stared at the TV.The last thing he said to me was we'll win it now I'm  heading home.Obiously taking the piss but to this day he still says he ment it.  :f_whistle:

Anyway the rest is history if it wasn't for him we'd have only won it four times  :roll:

The reason i started a thread like this is because it seems at the moment there's so much negativity around here ,criticizing the players,the manager, the owners,our finances,the day-trippers.

And rightly so for some of it but i think it's nice to have a topic that will cheer us up cause we F***ing deserve it this year.Thats my story I know for a facht people on this forum are going to have some great stories too  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Re: Your Greatest Liverpool Stories
      Reply #1: Apr 20, 2010 08:00:23 pm
      I've been coming since the age of 13. came down for the Birmingham game 3.1 the Middelsbrorgh 2.0 think season 03/04 then since the bus we came down on stoped the lfc travel we gave it a miss for a few years. it all started again when i turned 16 coming down for the liverpool vs fulham game sitting in the Anfield Road upper 07/08 Season can anyone remember pepe punt up the field and torres finnishing it.

Brimingham 03/04  3.1 Anfield Road Lower
      Middelsbrough 03/04 2.0 Main Stand
      Blackburn in April 07/08 season 3,1  Anfield Road Lower

Fulham   in November 007/08 Season 2.0 Anfield Road Upper

Rangers  Ibrox  4.0 Pre Season

West Brom in November 08/09 season 3.0 first time in kop and Robbie Keane scored Twice
      Burnley   this Season  4, 0 Main Stand
      Wigan     this season  2. 1 Centenery Stand  REDS BAR  18TH Birthday
      Lille        this Season  3. 0 Centenery Stand REDS BAR
      West Ham last night   3.0  Kop

you can see the games are coming thick and fast know want to get to more next season
      Ihatemancs
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | -2 
      Reply #2: Apr 20, 2010 09:10:24 pm
      I've just spent the last 10 or so minutes looking for a topic similar to this and I couldn't find one If their is a similar one could a mod please merge it or something ?.I just want to hear peoples greatest moments as a Liverpool fan.

I have two stories the first one happened on the evening of 25th May 2005.I was 13 and I was studying for my junior cert in the study centre at the school all I could think off was it going to be Baros or Cisse upfront,would Crespo tear us apart,or would Traore f**k up again.I did not want to be in their but with exams the week after I managed to convince my mam to let me out at 6.At twenty to six I got a text saying Glynno my mate is coming back to mine for the match cause his mother has to go to Limerick.

Now normally I wouldn't mind he came over to my house for 9 games cause he didn't have the channels it was no big deal.
      Liverpool 1-1 Spurs
      Liverpool 1-2 Man Utd
      Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea
      Liverpool 2-2 Blackburn (I think Cisse broke his leg in this one)
      Liverpool 0-2 Birmingham
      Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea again
      Liverpool 1-1 Pompey
      Liverpool 2-2 Totthenham
      Liverpool 0-1 Crystal Palace this game wasn't on tv he came down to mine for a kick around he was down around 4 minutes when Jeff Stelling anounced AJ had scored again. :mad: :mad:

He kept saying he must be bad luck but at the same time he kept coming down. As you can see from the results Liverpool had never won a game when he was at my house. So when the two off us found out he was watching the match at my house we went mad.My mam laughed it off and said it was cause Liverpool were sh*te and not that he was unlucky :/

Anyway we decided to try and forget it and we sat down and cracked open a couple of cans...(of coke as we were only 13 :P)
      and watched the coverage.When the game started we didn't even have time settle down before Maldini scored. Shell-shocked was not the word we kept watching and it kept getting worse  :'(

At half time he decided enough was enough and he headed home started accusing my mother of costing Liverpool the champions league and all sorts he got collected and just as he was leaving he saw Liverpool fans singing YNWA at half time and just stared at the TV.The last thing he said to me was we'll win it now I'm  heading home.Obiously taking the piss but to this day he still says he ment it.  :f_whistle:

Anyway the rest is history if it wasn't for him we'd have only won it four times  :roll:

The reason I started a thread like this is because it seems at the moment there's so much negativity around here ,criticizing the players,the manager, the owners,our finances,the day-trippers.

And rightly so for some of it but I think it's nice to have a topic that will cheer us up cause we f**king deserve it this year.Thats my story I know for a facht people on this forum are going to have some great stories too  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

;D, great story mate! Can't understand why the muppet would want to watch it at your place, since he obviously was a bad luck charm though!!! Have a neigbhour like that too! Used to go to away games regularly! I had started going for a good few years before him though, as I used to go with my Dad, but he became busy with work, so me and this lad started going every week. This was at the end of last season! Started with the Stoke game away last season! We were top of the league and things were looking rosy! Then, bang the first game we go to a frustrating 0-0 draw with Stoke! The next 3 games we went to followed the same suit! Went to the home game v Everton with him: DRAW! Away game to Wigan: DRAW... We said we'd give it one last go and we went to that Boro away game, and we all remember that dark humiliating day!

Fortunately, I didn't have to ask him again after that, he's a die hard red and said I'd rather sit at home and watch us win, than follow my beloved reds around the world like an unlucky charm... haha... He's never been since amazingly enough... Convinced he's at fault! Haha, have to give him credit though... He's passed on a few tickets too! Wish your mate could get his priorities right and make a bloody sacrifice like him too! Might have passed out the bitters in the league that season too, if it wasn't for the bloody tw*t. ;D!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #3: Apr 21, 2010 12:51:34 am
       http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/features/brian-reade-s-top-10-anfield-games

4-0 v LEICESTER, September 1968. (League)

Briann reade  LiverpoolFcTV
      "We needed something young and special up-front alongside the ageing Roger Hunt, and Shankly, like many of us had decided it wasn't Tony Hateley. But Alun Evans looked the part. The first £100,000 teenager was signed from Wolves and thrown straight into his League debut. Within 12 minutes we were 4-0 up against our 60s bogey team. One of those goals a superb swivel and drive from Evans. Next week we won 6-0 at Wolves with Evans scoring twice. I was convinced we'd signed a blonde Pele."

September 21st 1968. We had been there since 1.30.
      Had got the 510 down from Tinlings at Prescot and with my mates got off at Shiel Road Ice Rink.
      Got me "spec" in the Kop right behind the goal.
      Glorious autumn day.

Lads came out of the blocks and the first half we were attacking the Kop end so the game was coming at the Kop.
      It was our new signing Alun Evan's debut. The 100,000 pound wonderkid.
      We were 4 - 0 up after just 14 minutes all the goals going into the net right in front of us.

We all thought we would be at 12-0 by half time!
      Great day. All good memories.

Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #4: Apr 21, 2010 08:51:02 pm
      I think I was about 14 at the time when I wrote a letter to Peter Robinson (secretary at LFC ) as Liverpool had gone out of Europe quite early that season at the hands of Dinamo Tblisi and I had read in the echo the club were gonna have to watch every penny , in my letter I came up with the idea to charge for stadium tours as they didn't do them at the time , I got a reply a couple of weeks later to come to Anfield to have a look round, I had been given Bob Paisley's book as a present so I took it with me to get signed as I was looking at some of the trophies a door opened and out walked Sir Bob with his slippers on and I mumbled cccaaann yyyeee. Ssign dis pleeese Bob he seemed more made up than me that I had HIS book he signed it and took me down to the dressing room area and had our picture taken by the This is Anfield sign. He will always be Sir Bob in my eyes .

« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2010 01:20:40 am by MsGerrard, Reason: Tidied your post up a bit. »
      johnno7
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #5: Apr 21, 2010 10:28:25 pm
      guys I know im off topic but could u plz help our cause, get YNWA to the top stop by sunday as a tribute to the reds hopefully getting to the europa cup final and help us celtic fans out.

you could make another great liverpool story if we pull it off

http://www.thekhans.me.uk/stuff/iTunes.php

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/pages/Youll-Neva-Walk-Alone-to-number-1/372780339200

it will also piss off the mancs, come on you know it makes sense
      « Last Edit: Apr 21, 2010 10:33:30 pm by johnno7 »

Quick Reply