Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

David N'gog
      (5%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (2.5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (26.3%)
      Sotirios Kyrgiakos
      (22.5%)
      Daniel Agger
      (3.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (1.3%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (16.3%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (22.5%)

Liverpool 3-0 West Ham: In game and Post Match Thread

Read 39794 times
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 West Ham: In game and Post Match Thread
      Reply #437: Apr 20, 2010 08:48:32 am
      A decent performance and a great result from the team.

However, the crowd was F***ing sh*te. We're 3-0 up and people get up and leave on 84 minutes. Shocking that.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #438: Apr 20, 2010 09:36:07 am
      There's no doubt that the Hammers refused to turn up yesterday, but one couldn't help but notice how playing a proper has more often than not worked for us. Yesterday again, was one of those rare occasions where we played football and did cash on our footballing superiority.

Call me opportunistic or whatever, but yesterday again was evidence to the fact that Lucas is purely a DM. In fact Mascherano adds more value to the attack simply because he can play the ball better. Obviously that dosn't say much.
      However, I have to admit, Lucas is an asset to the club, and is pretty decent as a back up DM to have. Cannot think of too many clubs that have as good a ball winning/game breaking midfielder for backup in the league, other than United and Chelsea.

Again, it pleases me to watch Yossi have an impact on the game. I personally rate him a lot and one would notice that he has had a part to play in a number of goals lately(whenever he's played). I would be shattered if he were to leave this summer. Quite clearly the most creative player we have.

Ngog is a cracking talent. We have to ensure we continue to develop the lad.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #439: Apr 20, 2010 09:40:53 am
      Good game and a good scoreline today. We head to Madrid in a good spirit.

Ngog's goal was superbly taken. Sometimes he takes too long and takes too much time in the box, today was an improvement where he just hit it with power. No time to think, just do it. Goal.

Onwards and upwards. YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #440: Apr 20, 2010 09:55:13 am
      N'gog is the black Torres.

At least he was for the millisecond when he put that goal away.  El Nino would have been proud of that finish.

By the way some of the moaning about the performance after a 3-0 win had me in stitches.  Provides me with so much entertainment.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #441: Apr 20, 2010 10:02:43 am
      Agreed JD, 3-0 win and some people still not happy? Wasnt a great performance but it was solid and we scored 3 without the main man, and got a crucial 3 points!

Credit to N'gog, great finish and as you say nando would have been proud of it!

lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #442: Apr 20, 2010 10:07:13 am
      Job done.

Well played lads. Pleased for Ngog, thought the movement for the goal was as good as the finish.

Come on boys any kind of result over there and we'l have em!
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #443: Apr 20, 2010 10:13:17 am
      3-0 good win ,it shows we can still put a few away with out Nando ,

couldnt get the maxi chant out of my head all way home  ;D what a freebie he was ,
      wish he was available for thurs  :(  gone for him for MOM
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #444: Apr 20, 2010 10:22:17 am
      Thought west ham were awful and looked like a championship side to me, wouldn't be suprised if they go this season and wouldn't be suprised if zola was sacked in the summer either. For a side in a relegation battle with only 3-4 games left to stroll around for 90minutes like that was really shocking and embarassing.

Liverpool did a professional job and easily beat a very poor side last night. I think the pressure of finishing 4th has now gone and the players can relax abit more. If we win our remaining games then i can see us finishing 6th. Our away trips to both burnley and hull will be much different than last nights game though and those sides will be well up for it. Can't see us beating chelsea at home without torres if im honest i just don't know where our goal(s) will come from. If 4th is out of reach by the time we meet chelsea then maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing if we lost to them anyway. As horrible as it sounds losing to them horrible chavs, it would be slightly better than seeing the mancs lift number 19.

yozz1982
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts |
      • http://kitster29.deviantart.com/
      Reply #445: Apr 20, 2010 11:00:12 am
      However, the crowd was f**king sh*te. We're 3-0 up and people get up and leave on 84 minutes. Shocking that.

Gotta agree mate was really disappointed I was in 304 and there were empty seat around me, more whoppers than you could shake a stick at and the F***ing steward telling everyone to sit. Local people moan they cant get a ticket yet you could of bought one on the gate. Enjoyed the game and had a good sing, good to hear Justice for the 96 ring out at the end and  that maxi song lasted a good ten minutes :D

y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #446: Apr 20, 2010 11:32:40 am
      i felt the empty seats were a massive disappointment, the yanks are on their way - slowly but surely.. .so lets damage the club finances by not going! nice one!
      Sam -reds for life
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #447: Apr 20, 2010 11:47:23 am
      hey i know this is completly off topic but cant post yet so.
      Does anyone know if liverpool is making new away shirts with standard charted?
      Thanks
      Andrei
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 149 posts |
      • I'll think about something.
      Reply #448: Apr 20, 2010 11:49:41 am
      A big plus for Nick the greek from me, excellent match. The lad's getting better and better. I saw the frustration of Stevie last night, it's obvious that he doesn't feel comfortable with the team now. N'Gog, nice one, but there's still a lot of work to do. A striker needs more attempts, I'm afraid.
      Good match for Agger as well, I really like the lad. Nice win Reds, make us proud at Madrid!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #449: Apr 20, 2010 11:57:09 am
      3-0 good win ,it shows we can still put a few away with out Nando ,

couldnt get the maxi chant out of my head all way home  ;D what a freebie he was ,
      wish he was available for thurs  :(  gone for him for MOM

SL - whats the chant please matey....thanks.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #450: Apr 20, 2010 12:07:25 pm
      Eight players on the man of the match list and no Johnson, how is that, thought he had a good game last night and was at least better than Kuyt, Lucas, Benyoun, Agger and Ngog.

None of them should have been on it. Especially Kuyt who like most of the season was sh*te again.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #451: Apr 20, 2010 12:18:04 pm
      Thought Steven Gerrard's deliveries have improved the past few weeks/months. Maxi looks like he's settling in as well.

And congratulations on hitting 3000, corbally.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #452: Apr 20, 2010 12:21:01 pm
      Thanks Ad and I'd say only about 2000 of the posts have been about Lucas :)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #453: Apr 20, 2010 12:50:34 pm
      Funny at first. Getting F***ing boring now to be honest and you are starting to show yourself up which is extremely disappointing.

Lmao yes I'm certainly showing myself up JD, I'm not the one saying Lucas is Boss or any thing other an able "Squad" player, to be honest I'll gladly eat humble pie when I see him bossing our midfield and the opposition.

Come on JD you must even agree yourself last nights game against West Ham,  Lucas had the opportunity really to shine, I can't remember a game all season where he had so much time and space all season long, I'm not saying he had a bad game, he had a decent effective game, but it could have been so much more had he imposed himself.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #454: Apr 20, 2010 01:27:03 pm
      Lmao yes I'm certainly showing myself up JD, I'm not the one saying Lucas is Boss or any thing other an able "Squad" player, to be honest I'll gladly eat humble pie when I see him bossing our midfield and the opposition.

Come on JD you must even agree yourself last nights game against West Ham,  Lucas had the opportunity really to shine, I can't remember a game all season where he had so much time and space all season long, I'm not saying he had a bad game, he had a decent effective game, but it could have been so much more had he imposed himself.

Out of interest how do you think Kuyt did last night? Serious question
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #455: Apr 20, 2010 01:29:58 pm
      Out of interest how do you think Kuyt did last night? Serious question

Same as Lucas he had a decent effective game without being spectacular. :)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #456: Apr 20, 2010 01:33:57 pm
      Same as Lucas he had a decent effective game without being spectacular. :)

See I disagree. I thought his touch was terrible and a lot of the time our attack broke down it did so because of Kuyt either miscontrolling the ball or misplacing a pass.
      Would like to see him sit out the Atletico game but seeing as Maxi is out I imagine he will start. Mind you I would like to see Lucas beside him. Of the two I think if you are going to criticise a player after last night I would tend to be more inclined to do so with Kuyt not Lucas.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #457: Apr 20, 2010 01:34:32 pm
      Great win all in all, i still have my worries about Ngog being up front on his todd in bigger games.

And i wont even post about how i thought Lucas played.

Fingers crossed we get to madrid early and keep that teak spirit going
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #458: Apr 20, 2010 01:42:33 pm
      See I disagree. I thought his touch was terrible and a lot of the time our attack broke down it did so because of Kuyt either miscontrolling the ball or misplacing a pass.
      Would like to see him sit out the Atletico game but seeing as Maxi is out I imagine he will start. Mind you I would like to see Lucas beside him. Of the two I think if you are going to criticise a player after last night I would tend to be more inclined to do so with Kuyt not Lucas.

I could say the same about Lucas mate, In the first half especially he was very wasteful in possession, yet in the second half he was much improved, Kuyt wasn't spectacular and he his touch did let him down on a few occasions however there were moments when he linked up well with Maxi and Gerrard, hence me saying they both had decent games without being spectacular, they were both guilty of poor touches and poor passes, but they done a job, I'd have just liked to have seen Lucas offer more the game was made for him with all the space he had and I wanted to see this attacking midfielder shine through, not too much to ask is it ?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #459: Apr 20, 2010 01:46:43 pm
      I could say the same about Lucas mate, In the first half especially he was very wasteful in possession, yet in the second half he was much improved, Kuyt wasn't spectacular and he his touch did let him down on a few occasions however there were moments when he linked up well with Maxi and Gerrard, hence me saying they both had decent games without being spectacular, they were both guilty of poor touches and poor passes, but they done a job, I'd have just liked to have seen Lucas offer more the game was made for him with all the space he had and I wanted to see this attacking midfielder shine through, not too much to ask is it ?

Hopefully they both step up for the Atletico game in a similar way to the Benfica game then we can lay some compiments down for them. For now though I think for the most part they played well within themselves. Maxi, Stevie, Dagger, Soto all had far better games and I was glad to see Johnson linking up well. Reckon their is a new partnership that will tear clubs apart down that side

Quick Reply