Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

David N'gog
      (5%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (2.5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (26.3%)
      Sotirios Kyrgiakos
      (22.5%)
      Daniel Agger
      (3.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (1.3%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (16.3%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (22.5%)

Liverpool 3-0 West Ham: In game and Post Match Thread

Read 39792 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 West Ham: In game and Post Match Thread
      Reply #460: Apr 20, 2010 02:31:49 pm
      The game seemed to pass Lucas by in the first half, hardly heard his name mentioned, the second half he was much better, it was a solid performance from him, as with much of the team last night.

Gerrard was my MOTM for his delivery from set plays, which created 2 of the goals.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #461: Apr 20, 2010 03:31:03 pm
      We shall not
      We shall not be moved...

Still F***ing buzzing after last night. So what if we didn't play the sort of football Arsenal do, we did what we had to do and that was take all three points. Yes West Ham gave us the space to do as we pleased, but we still had to take advantage and we F***ing did.

And while it seems the popular debate (again!) I don't think Lucas played anywhere near as bad as people are making out. The same people who say he's too similar to Masch, well news flash Mascherano didn't start yesterday so it became Lucas' job to break the play up, play it simple and let the "deep lying playmaker" (whatever the F**k that is) spread the play. Stevie was the lad making us tick yesterday and he did it as well as he has all season. Lucas' job was not to be Steven Gerrard, it was to give the ball to Stevie and let him dictate our tempo.

West Ham never really threatened us, while we looked comfortable.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #462: Apr 20, 2010 03:32:42 pm
      We shall not
      We shall not be moved...

Still f**king buzzing after last night. So what if we didn't play the sort of football Arsenal do, we did what we had to do and that was take all three points. Yes West Ham gave us the space to do as we pleased, but we still had to take advantage and we f**king did.

And while it seems the popular debate (again!) I don't think Lucas played anywhere near as bad as people are making out. The same people who say he's too similar to Masch, well news flash Mascherano didn't start yesterday so it became Lucas' job to break the play up, play it simple and let the "deep lying playmaker" (whatever the f**k that is) spread the play. Stevie was the lad making us tick yesterday and he did it as well as he has all season. Lucas' job was not to be Steven Gerrard, it was to give the ball to Stevie and let him dictate our tempo.

West Ham never really threatened us, while we looked comfortable.

Hey Blood.... What he said... HAHAHA.
      No seriously "Lucas' job to break the play up, play it simple and let the "deep lying playmaker" (whatever the f**k that is) spread the play. Stevie was the lad making us tick yesterday and he did it as well as he has all season. Lucas' job was not to be Steven Gerrard, it was to give the ball to Stevie and let him dictate our tempo"

Spot on for me
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #463: Apr 20, 2010 03:36:44 pm
      ermmm one problem with that, we played 4-4-2 yesterday so we had two out and out central midifelders ;D

Plus I never said he played bad, I just said I'd have really have liked to see him follow in Gerrards foot steps and really impose himself on the game. :D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #464: Apr 20, 2010 03:38:55 pm
      ermmm one problem with that, we played 4-4-2 yesterday so we had two out and out central midifelders ;D

Plus I never said he played bad, I just said I'd have really have liked to see him follow in Gerrards foot steps and really impose himself on the game. :D
      We never play 4-4-2
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #465: Apr 20, 2010 03:40:35 pm

Oh yes we did.

Johnson Carra Sotis Agger

Maxi Gerrard Lucas Benayoun

Kuyt N'gog

???
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #466: Apr 20, 2010 03:42:13 pm
                    Reina

Johnson Carra Sotis Agger

Lucas   Gerrard

Maxi       Kuyt        Benni

Ngog

I can do that too.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #467: Apr 20, 2010 03:42:50 pm
      Who gives a F**k!

Liverpool FC is bigger than anyone. We've lived by that since day one but apparently Lucas' performance means more than 3 F***ing points and a 3-0 scoreline.

F**k Lucas off will ye's?!

He's one man playing in a team of XI. Talk about someone is in a match thread for once!

Tedious, tiring and oh so F***ing boring to see 'Liverpool 3-0 West Ham' and then when i anticipate happy Liverpool fans i see people F***ing hung up on whether Lucas played a pass, made a tackle, scored a goal, created something. Who cares!? We won!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #468: Apr 20, 2010 03:45:49 pm
      I'm happy and I think Lucas had a good game. Thought we were just having some post match banter.
       :)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #469: Apr 20, 2010 03:46:07 pm
      "My Liverpool
      The Kop will always rule
      Come and join us
      We're gonna show how
      Football's played"
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #470: Apr 20, 2010 03:48:50 pm
      I'm happy too and have even said Lucas had a decent game, seems like some one is a tad over protective ;D
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #471: Apr 20, 2010 03:50:34 pm
      Who gives a f**k!

Liverpool FC is bigger than anyone. We've lived by that since day one but apparently Lucas' performance means more than 3 f**king points and a 3-0 scoreline.

F**k Lucas off will ye's?!

He's one man playing in a team of XI. Talk about someone is in a match thread for once!

Tedious, tiring and oh so f**king boring to see 'Liverpool 3-0 West Ham' and then when I anticipate happy Liverpool fans I see people f**king hung up on whether Lucas played a pass, made a tackle, scored a goal, created something. Who cares!? We won!

Although I do whole heartedly agree from the other side of the fence it becomes equally annoying and frustrating when people are being so pro-Lucas and trying to convince you that sh*t don't stink.

I made my observation on 5 players in total in my original "analysis" of the match the moment you mention Lucas people go up in arms and say don't you dare. Just like you I am chuffed with the 3 points and the win but I was under the impression you are allowed to analyse a match and highlight the not so bright points of a match even when it is won?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #472: Apr 20, 2010 03:51:52 pm
      I'm happy too and have even said Lucas had a decent game, seems like some one is a tad over protective ;D

Someone's a tad obsessed :roll:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #473: Apr 20, 2010 03:55:43 pm

Not obsessed at all mate, Just stating a point that I picked up on in last nights match, if you don't like my opinion, blissfully Ignore it, however I think if you read what I have been saying it makes perfect sense as all I have said really  is "The time and space West Ham afforded Lucas, I'd have liked to see him Impose himself and really make his mark on the match", wouldn't you have ?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #474: Apr 20, 2010 03:56:05 pm
      Although I do whole heartedly agree from the other side of the fence it becomes equally annoying and frustrating when people are being so pro-Lucas and trying to convince you that sh*t don't stink.

I made my observation on 5 players in total in my original "analysis" of the match the moment you mention Lucas people go up in arms and say don't you dare. Just like you I am chuffed with the 3 points and the win but I was under the impression you are allowed to analyse a match and highlight the not so bright points of a match even when it is won?

That is the point of these threads, but please, he did a job and that was it, everyone is in agreement. He was effective without being spectacular. All this while there is a real divide in opinion over Kuyt and if he did well or not, whether Aquilani should of come on, how good Sotis was, Agger at left back and how Ngog performed.

All these points carry more various opinions, but it comes back to Lucas over and over again. It's tiresome.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #475: Apr 20, 2010 04:08:31 pm

All these points carry more various opinions, but it comes back to Lucas over and over again. It's tiresome.

Well my bad for picking out what I thought was a valid point, I'll not mention Lucas no longer as I know how much it upsets you and I end up with the resulted ban when we "Both" start slinging mud.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #476: Apr 20, 2010 04:09:49 pm
      I'll not mention Lucas no longer as I know how much it upsets

So you will mention Lucas then......
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #477: Apr 20, 2010 04:14:29 pm
      So you will mention Lucas then......

Maybe in my formations mate but that will be it, you can't say anything negative about him without kids jumping on your back for it. Then when you stand your ground and return insults back, you get banned for your efforts.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #478: Apr 20, 2010 04:21:03 pm
      LIV
      ERP
      Double O L
      Liverpool FC

I don't think I've known a Liverpool win to be greeted in such a manner. It seems like we didn't just F***ing tw*t West Ham 3-0, more like the other way round.

Fucks sake, we won lets throw a party.

It's not too often this season we've been in cruise control like that, lets be F***ing buzzing. These are the sort of results that we've been short of too often this season, so much so it seems like people have forgot how to celebrate them.

Not me, I'm chuffed to bits. Will be smiling for some time yet.

Well in Reds!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #479: Apr 20, 2010 04:23:44 pm
      :D @ DLS, Really made up aren't ya lad.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #480: Apr 20, 2010 04:36:20 pm
      LIV
      ERP
      Double O L
      Liverpool FC

I don't think I've known a Liverpool win to be greeted in such a manner. It seems like we didn't just F***ing tw*t West Ham 3-0, more like the other way round.

Fucks sake, we won lets throw a party.

It's not too often this season we've been in cruise control like that, lets be F***ing buzzing. These are the sort of results that we've been short of too often this season, so much so it seems like people have forgot how to celebrate them.

Not me, I'm chuffed to bits. Will be smiling for some time yet.

Well in Reds!

Amen!

Well in redmen for bring it home :kop5cf8koxp6: :clap:

How relieved did Ngog look after he scored? Chuffed for him. Just looked as though he was thinking 'I needed that.'
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #481: Apr 20, 2010 04:46:32 pm
      He did need that!

haha i am happy dls!
      Happy we won, happy the lads will have some confidence going to madrid... and happy we silenced the idiots who think we are crap without Torres!

Well played, happy with the whole team!
      Repeat performance against Athletico please!
      shaunchef
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 746 posts | 11 
      • JFT96 YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #482: Apr 20, 2010 04:59:34 pm
      Just back from doing the stadium and museum tour ( had a friend up from london for last nights game) and had never done it, best £14 i've spent all season, got some boss pictures, will be unvailing my new avatar later this evening

Quick Reply