Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

David N'gog
      (5%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (2.5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (26.3%)
      Sotirios Kyrgiakos
      (22.5%)
      Daniel Agger
      (3.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (1.3%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (16.3%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (22.5%)

Liverpool 3-0 West Ham: In game and Post Match Thread

Read 39795 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 West Ham: In game and Post Match Thread
      Reply #483: Apr 20, 2010 05:07:21 pm
      Lucas.

Is.

F***ing.

Awesome/sh*te.

There. It's done with! :D

Just woke up and I just wanted to say - there really is no better feeling than waking up on the morning after a Liverpool win, is there? F***ing love it ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #484: Apr 20, 2010 05:09:01 pm
      Meant to say that earlier. Ngog looked like the weight of the world lifted from his shoulders when he scored. Lets celebrate! Hes big hes red his kn@b is the size of your head david ngog david ngog
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #485: Apr 20, 2010 05:41:13 pm
      LIV
      ERP
      Double O L
      Liverpool FC

I don't think I've known a Liverpool win to be greeted in such a manner. It seems like we didn't just f**king tw*t West Ham 3-0, more like the other way round.

Fucks sake, we won lets throw a party.

It's not too often this season we've been in cruise control like that, lets be f**king buzzing. These are the sort of results that we've been short of too often this season, so much so it seems like people have forgot how to celebrate them.

Not me, I'm chuffed to bits. Will be smiling for some time yet.

Well in Reds!

Happy with the win obviously, but had proper nerves at times. We won because they played with a negative attitude, not because we played particularly well.

Still annoyed at seeing Gerrard throwing tit fits, his movement at times was very poor, and yet when Yossi tried to pull a fast one at the free-kick he went mental at him. Haven't seen him being a captain in a while, telling your team mates they're sh*te ruins morale and loses games. Had to say I breathed a sigh of relief when he went off, we missed his holding skill, but removed the negativity he was creating.

I want to see his heart back in it.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #486: Apr 20, 2010 06:17:13 pm
      To me, i was actually delighted to see that reaction. We've missed it all season. No malice in telling your player to get up when the opposition have the ball an are looking to counter.

Could of done with it more this season if anything, i feel. Too many times we've seen our men lethargic and standing around with their hands in their pockets when our captain could of rollicked them into gear.

Anyway, thats my take.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #487: Apr 20, 2010 06:21:06 pm
      Maxi is a fire cracker,love his shoot on sight policy & mentality,deffo next season home shirt with maxi on its back.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #488: Apr 20, 2010 06:27:15 pm
      Maxi is a fire cracker,love his shoot on sight policy & mentality,deffo next season home shirt with maxi on its back.

I'm getting Silva 7 on mine. ;D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #489: Apr 20, 2010 06:36:22 pm

Hoping for that as well :D
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #490: Apr 20, 2010 06:42:07 pm
      Thought it was very flat last night, walking away from the ground certainly didnt feel like we'd won 3-0 which sounds daft I know. West Ham were woeful considering they are scrapping for points and the lack of atmosphere (again) just helped bring the whole game down.

On the plus side, Ngog took his goal well and Sotis had a decent game and was just pipped by Stevie for the MOM for me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #491: Apr 20, 2010 08:08:39 pm
      SL - whats the chant please matey....thanks.

(To the tune of Heartbeat!)

Maxi
      Maxi Rodriguez
      Run down the wing for me
      De de de de de.......
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #492: Apr 20, 2010 10:13:13 pm
      Thought it was very flat last night, walking away from the ground certainly didnt feel like we'd won 3-0 which sounds daft I know. West Ham were woeful considering they are scrapping for points and the lack of atmosphere (again) just helped bring the whole game down.

On the plus side, Ngog took his goal well and Sotis had a decent game and was just pipped by Stevie for the MOM for me.

I got slaughtered for suggesting this during the game last night. The remaining 'league' games now have an air of 'too little too late'.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #493: Apr 20, 2010 10:24:33 pm
      I got slaughtered for suggesting this during the game last night. The remaining 'league' games now have an air of 'too little too late'.

'Does anyone give a rats-ass about the result?'

Yeah, that's exactly what you got 'slaughtered' for. You didn't say anything like what he said. Just let whatever beef you have go, it's just tiresome now.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #494: Apr 20, 2010 10:36:01 pm
      'Does anyone give a rats-ass about the result?'

Yeah, that's exactly what you got 'slaughtered' for. You didn't say anything like what he said. Just let whatever beef you have go, it's just tiresome now.

So why did you reply?

I asked what i did, because i know full well we have little to play for. 3 points is 3 points, but like the majority of the crowd know, its a case of too little too late. The birmingham and fulham result effectively ended our season. I don't have beef with anyone. You have been chasing my posts since yesterday. The only one who appears to have a bee in their bonnet is your self. I was replying to the guy above. I have no interest in speaking with you further.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #495: Apr 20, 2010 10:40:53 pm
      Thought we were a chance for 10 at one stage. Oh well 3 's not bad, another 3 points and a Pepe clean sheet. I'll take that.

Well done lads.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #496: Apr 20, 2010 10:43:29 pm
      Nice controlled performance. Confidance building  performance. Bodes well for thursday
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #497: Apr 21, 2010 12:37:14 am
      First off, well done lads, good result, average performance at best, against a West Ham side that looked like they didn't want to be there, let alone put up a fight. I look forward to constructing a post match analysis, but to be honest it was a walk in the park against a pile of sh*te. Yossi was man of the match for me, again though, he showed why he should play in the middle, as his constant forays into the centre of the park proved again, this is where he is most effective, something i covered in another thread quite recently. Nothing to say really, apart from well done.

And to those who keep defending an inadequate Lucas Leiva, please go to the 'Formation' thread and read reply #213 on page 9. I really look forward to reading a reply from anyone who can put a valid case up for him in light of his over involvement in the first team this season, in the most important position in the formation.

As for the 'boring' comments aimed at RedLFCBlood's posts regarding the negativity of Lucas' performances, they are no more boring than the 'Lucas is awesome', 'Lucas is being stifled by Rafa', 'He won the Ballon D'or' comments. The only difference is that the Lucas lover's post counts far outweigh those that see nothing in the lad.

Crouchinho, i am still awaiting your assessment on Lucas Leiva mate. I've asked you on many occasions to tell me what Lucas brings to the side from an offensive perspective, yet still i am waiting. How has Lucas improved as an attacking midfielder in his three years as a Liverpool player, more so this season, where he has played the majority of our games in the playmaker role?.

P.S. I am fully aware that he played in the Mascherano role last night, i am fully aware that he he tops the Opta stats for five yard, sideways and backwards passes. I am fully aware that his slide tackling is akin to that of Paul Scholes and i am fully aware that he is an attacking midfielder.

I really want to see him through the eyes of the pro Lucas lads/lasses, as i am really struggling to see him in this attacking Brazilian goal scoring midfielder light.

Sorry for going off topic, but i really want to hear some assessments in the 'Formation' thread if people don't mind. Thank you.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #498: Apr 21, 2010 02:47:04 am
      To me, I was actually delighted to see that reaction. We've missed it all season. No malice in telling your player to get up when the opposition have the ball an are looking to counter.

Could of done with it more this season if anything, I feel. Too many times we've seen our men lethargic and standing around with their hands in their pockets when our captain could of rollicked them into gear.

Anyway, thats my take.

I too was a fan of that reaction, mind you Stevie did sprint 30 yards to tackle noble he after Yossi gave the ball away he only blew up when the ref gave a free kick against him.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #499: Apr 21, 2010 02:56:33 am
      Top Top post Hardcore, now I'm going to sit back relax and eat my pop corn and wait for it all to kick off. ;D

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #500: Apr 21, 2010 10:17:37 pm
      Top Top post Hardcore, now I'm going to sit back relax and eat my pop corn and wait for it all to kick off. ;D

No worries mate. I've still yet to read a valid assessment of how Lucas has progressed from an attacking perspective since joining us 3 years ago. And i'm still waiting. You'd think all these forumites that go up in the air when Lucas gets criticised for his mediocre displays would be chomping at the bit to ram my words down my throat, wouldn't you?
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #501: Apr 21, 2010 10:21:32 pm
      Lucas doesn't play as an attacking midfielder. He plays as a holding midfielder. Gerrard provides the link between midfield and attack supposedly supported by two wingers.

I'm surprised at the attacks on a player who its pretty obvious to me was never meant to be playing week in week out for us. He, like the squad is a victim of circumstances. Ive replied to that post on the formations one. To be honest, i found it to be full of contradictions and unfounded supposition.

Quick Reply