Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Johnathon Pearce Vs Peter Crouch

Read 1844 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Johnathon Pearce Vs Peter Crouch
      Jun 07, 2007 09:07:51 pm
      Did any one watch MOTD last night, Estonia vs England? That F@T git pearce did not have one good word to say about Crouch, claiming that his excellent scoring form for England was only because the opposition were not of top quality so they don't really count!, 12 goals in 19 matches is good by any mark, Shrek has 12 in 38!
      Why do the media put him down, he has a goal in Goal for the Season, he can speak the queen's English, has not been sent off, but hey give him a dogs life, why 'cos he plays for us. I just can't stand pearce, he ALWAYS denies any of our players any credit.

Anyone else notice this?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Johnathon Pearce Vs Peter Crouch
      Reply #1: Jun 07, 2007 09:13:12 pm
      I'm past the point of caring what no-marks in the media do or don't say about our players anymore.

If they don't want to credit our players then that's fine.  We know the score. We know who is decent and who isn't. 

I remember Pearce being VERY anti-Liverpool back in the days when he was with Sky so this comes as no surprise. 
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #2: Jun 07, 2007 10:55:26 pm
      Im sure Bobby Charlton and Gary Linekar scored all there goals against top sides,what a tool.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #3: Jun 07, 2007 11:36:35 pm
      You have to ignore them redpuppy. It seems it will always be like that with some sections of the media. On the Crouch point I don't seem to remember many other England players scoring too many over the period that Crouch got his goals. So if he hadn't have scored them who would have??
      vydex
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | -5 
      Reply #4: Jun 08, 2007 07:40:07 am
      Im pretty much past caring too. What I tend to do if I can is switch off the commentators, or stream games with chinease commentators that way I cant understand a word they say so dont care. By doing that I dont get so wound up in a game when watching on tele.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #5: Jun 08, 2007 09:58:18 am
      Liverpool players seem to get this a lot, and especially Crouch because of his physical appearance. You half expect it from opposition fans, but for a 'professional', and I use the term lightly, to make those sort of assumptions because the lad doesn't look like a footballer is ridiculous. There's a reason why clubs are willing to pay £15m for him, and there's a reason we're not willing to let him go for that price.
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #6: Jun 08, 2007 10:13:42 am
      I'm sick of pundits saying that crouch only scores against lesser teams that's only because as soon as we play so called better teams he gets dropped and never gets the chance to prove himself there seems to be some sort of hate to wards crouch because of his size people don't take him seriously and england fans haven't warmed to him in the same way they have to Owen Hargreaves who was the figure of hate a few months ago.people have to realize that crouch possesses qualities that others in the england team do not and has a good footballing brain.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #7: Jun 08, 2007 09:03:53 pm
      Let the sad bas**rds get on with it. The'll have to eat humble pie before too long. Once a goal scorer, always a goal scorer.
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #8: Jun 09, 2007 03:40:54 am
      Of course he scores against lesser teams ......Are not all teams beneath us ...Are we not the greatest club in the world  ::)
      Cy
      Reply #9: Jun 09, 2007 10:40:06 am
      I stopped watching MOTD, I'm getting tired of people like Pearce pretending to know everything and are always right. On  tactics for example, when none of them have been coaches themselves, or which player is good and who is not. There is nothing wrong to have a debate about it as fan like we do here,  what is annoying it's the certitude they have in their opinions and when got it wrong not even have the guts to admiting it. Pathetic.

Quick Reply