Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Urgent Virus Help

Read 12596 times
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Re: Urgent Virus Help
      Reply #46: Jun 16, 2011 12:28:59 am
      Right i got a virus detection notice this afternoon and thought i had caught it but the way my pc slowed down and played up it must have slipped through or part of it , anyhow i have done a system restore  deleted chrome because it had attached to that , i have now re installed chrome but have lost all my bookmarks does anyone know if you can retrieve them and how .

To my Knowledge, I don't think you can.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #47: Jun 17, 2011 11:21:29 am
      Well my system restore didn,t work going to have to go back to an earlier date.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #48: Jun 17, 2011 11:38:34 am
      Using System Restore is often ineffective for removing virus', no matter how far back you take it. Many virus' actually embed themselves in a way that they are 'restored' along with the system.
      Do you have any details about the virus warning, what it said specifically?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #49: Jun 17, 2011 11:42:46 am
      I got that fu**ed off with my good lady & Daughter infesting my P.C. with viruses that I went Linux on their ass and now operate on Unbuntu.

Even those two haven't been able to F**k that one up.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #50: Jun 17, 2011 01:49:51 pm
      Using System Restore is often ineffective for removing virus', no matter how far back you take it. Many virus' actually embed themselves in a way that they are 'restored' along with the system.
      Do you have any details about the virus warning, what it said specifically?
      You may be right i went back to may 14th and i know its still there the way my pc is operating its slow and jumpy when i tried to run system restore the damn thing went haywire filled my screen up with messages about me being infected and to download new antivirus from xp and such like dont know what to do now i am a bit stuck ,i could wipe the lot and start again but i didnt really want to go down that road , also loading the internet has slowed right down took me ages to get on here ,any help would be appreciated .
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #51: Jun 17, 2011 01:56:57 pm
      What virus protection software do you use andy?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #52: Jun 17, 2011 02:17:46 pm
      Been running avg the free version i ran a scan yesterday and below is a list of what it picked up i know there is still something there the way it is playing up pages are loading in sections parts missing and such like

trojan generic23 dsy dropper
      unknown virus win32/dh.caff820 373
      trojan dropper generic3 .cike
      warning corrupted executable file
      trojan agent3.nxa
      malware win32/kryptic.pbm
         "        generic 22.bxud
         "        tr/crypt.xpack. gen2
      i realize im in the sh*t but am i up to my ankles or drowning in it.    :f_wah:
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #53: Jun 17, 2011 02:44:34 pm
      It looks like your system has been seriously compromised, the "trojan dropper generic3.cike" is basically a virus that will open the door for all sorts of other malware, trojans, worms etc and problems you don't want to have to deal with.

I realise because of your current issues this might be a bit slow, but try and run BitDefender. It's a browser based virus scanner that might pick up someone AVG hasn't.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #54: Jun 17, 2011 02:55:54 pm
      Just tried to run it and it asked to download an extension is this normal?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #55: Jun 17, 2011 03:05:51 pm
      Yes, that's fine. If you don't want to use it after the scan you can easily remove it.

Do you use or have you used any anti malware scanners such as Malwarebytes, or Spybot?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #56: Jun 17, 2011 03:18:15 pm
      No never used any of them before .ran that one you said results came back clear said there was no infection.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #57: Jun 17, 2011 03:28:40 pm
      I highly recommend this one mate - http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html

Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #58: Jun 17, 2011 03:45:19 pm
      Interesting that nothing is picked up. I'm afraid without a proper expert in these matters it's hard to tell whether what you're experiencing is down to malware or if AVG has detected false positives and there are other problems causing your computer to slow down.

I recommend you read this forum post here: (http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407). I know there's a lot of steps and if you're not at all tech savvy some of them might cause a bit of a problem, but it's pretty concise, and gives you a lot of good advice, including the fact your problems may not even be caused by malware.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #59: Jun 17, 2011 03:47:54 pm
      Thanks for the help and info will let you know what i find.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #60: Jun 17, 2011 03:54:05 pm
      No problem mate, I'm sorry I could not be more definite in my help.

To go with Rep's Anti spyware, I can also recommend Malwarebytes "Anti Malware". Both of these programs are also recommended and required if you follow the malware removal steps in the forum post I've linked above.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #61: Jun 17, 2011 03:59:22 pm
      Had some bad Trojans and sh*t like that and in the last fortnight ESET quarantined two sites and Stopzilla which is spot on by the way, notified me that some high risk sites had been detected on a scan - that's 4 or 5 high risk sites in a fortnight when previously it would be months between such alerts. Somebody is definitely having a go.  
      « Last Edit: Jun 17, 2011 05:46:35 pm by stuey »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #62: Jun 17, 2011 05:38:39 pm
      I am running the one Kenny named above and so far it has detected two it says they are ,disabled security centre option, any clues anyone its still scanning at present .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #63: Jun 17, 2011 05:47:59 pm
      Scrap that think i am in the crapper its gone up to 68 threats so far the latest being an adware tracking cookie.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #64: Jun 17, 2011 05:54:55 pm
      I didn't say anything, ;D

One program I would highly recommend is Combofix, it cures all manner of pc problems and it's worth a go even if you think the problem has gone. IF you're going to give it a bash though, 3 things you should know :

1 - Get it from here -> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix . There are sites such as combofix.org that have nothing to do with it and want you to either pay for it (it should be free) or download malicious software thinking it's Combofix.

2 - Anti-virus software has to be turned off to run this, it might not work properly otherwise.

3 - Once started, it should never be interrupted. It will bring up blue or black screens and possibly beep now and then, just don't panick, it's normal.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #65: Jun 17, 2011 06:08:17 pm
      cheers rep its still scanning at the moment.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #66: Jun 17, 2011 10:30:56 pm
      Think i have cracked it took me about five hours mind.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #67: Jun 18, 2011 10:32:55 am
      No i didnt have it beat, turned on this morning keep getting a security shield message asking me to register and telling me that i have all kind of infections going on argggggggggg  i know that it has something to do with it , was running like a dream last night so dont quite understand what has happened
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #68: Jun 18, 2011 10:36:17 am
      Have you tried Combofix yet?

Quick Reply