Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

South Park Creators Threatened Over Muhammad Bear

Read 9940 times
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 604 posts |
      South Park Creators Threatened Over Muhammad Bear
      Apr 21, 2010 03:23:58 am
      Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:15PM - By Krystal Clark

Last week Comedy Central aired the  200th episode of the animated series “South Park” and creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone did their best to make it as offensive as possible. That’s what the show is known for and they delivered 200 celebrities and pop culture icons one of whom was a religious figure. According to FoxNews, the appearance of the Islamic Prophet Muhammad as a mascot bear has caused a serious stir in the Muslim community.

After the airing of “South Park’s” anniversary episode RevolutionMuslim.com posted an angry and direct message to Parker and Stone about their negative depiction of Muhammad.

“We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show,” the posting reads. “This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them.”

The quote was posted along with a photo of Van Gogh, a Dutch filmmaker who was murdered in 2004 after making a documentary on violence against Muslim women. They continued to say that this wasn’t a threat but a likely outcome if they continued with their parodies. If that wasn’t scary enough, the website also has audio of Anwar al-Awlaki, an American born preacher (believed to be hiding in Yemen) who promotes assassinating those who defame Muhammad. There was even a report that he along with several others have the details and locations of Parker and Stone’s homes in Colorado.

Faith and religion are very sensitive subjects but “South Park” won’t leave that stone unturned. They’ll make fun of it just as quickly as they would a sex scandal or a celebrity. Honestly, I don’t feel that their creating these characters out of spite or hatred. It’s just bad toilet humor and if it’s not your cup of tea don’t watch it. Don’t support it. But don’t kill somebody over it.

http://screencrave.com/2010-04-20/south-park-creators-threatened-over-muhammad-bear/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Re: South Park Creators Threatened Over Muhammad Bear
      Reply #1: Apr 21, 2010 06:17:32 pm
      bloody love south park!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #2: Apr 21, 2010 06:20:15 pm
      "Kick em in the nuts and respect my authority"

Haven't watched it for a while, but funny as!
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #3: Apr 21, 2010 06:25:12 pm
      “We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show,” the posting reads. “This is NOT a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them.”

If that's not a threat, what is.

If you don't like it change the F***ing channel
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #4: Apr 21, 2010 06:31:15 pm
      Yawn.

Get a sense of humour.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #5: Apr 22, 2010 02:18:55 am
      “We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show,” the posting reads. “This is NOT a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them.”

If that's not a threat, what is.

If you don't like it change the f**king channel
      That's not a threat. As they stated, they were warning the creators of possible consequences. There are radicals out there that would kill over such an issue, and they were warning the producers for their own good.
      liverpoolbhoy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #6: Apr 22, 2010 02:26:13 am
      Those muslims need to settle down, their punishments and reactions like this are way over the top.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #7: Apr 22, 2010 02:38:35 am
      That's not a threat. As they stated, they were warning the creators of possible consequences. There are radicals out there that would kill over such an issue, and they were warning the producers for their own good.

Then why would that muslim site add this part?

The site has been taken down, but can still be seen in cache, just scroll down a bit: click

Not to mention the youtube video that's added.

Don't even try to defend all that.

« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2010 02:57:51 am by Dexter »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Apr 22, 2010 02:47:01 am
      Oh dear.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #9: Apr 22, 2010 03:03:33 am
      The law is mandated for 'Muslims" to not show or characterize Mohammad. MUSLIMS are not allowed to draw or show pictures of Mohammad.  If your not Muslim it shouldn't matter. Where does it end. Should we be forced to fast during Ramadan, or force non Muslim women to wear veils.

I'm sick and tired of these Muslim groups threatening people, especially NON MUSLIMS for not adapting and following THEIR laws and rules.  I'm not Muslim and I wont follow Muslim laws. If you dont want to see a picture of Mohammad. DONT WATCH.  If your offended that my mother doesn't wear a veil, so what. Walk away.

As a matter of principal, if a US based Islamic group were to carry out an assassination of 2 public people on US soil. That would be very bad for Muslims in the US. It would result in direct actions against Muslim organizations and mosques in the US. Whether they are peaceful or not.  It would spiral out of control and Innocent people would be killed. That is a fact. It would fuel Militia groups and Muslim communities and mosques in the US would be burnt to the ground. And as that website "Revolution Muslim" stated so eloquently..."This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them.”....I though it only fair to issue the same warning to that group.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #10: Apr 22, 2010 03:08:26 am
      Get a F***ing sense of humor you cu*ts.

I don't get offended when that Simpsons episode set in Australia airs, they give Aussies sh*t on that - to the contrary, I F***ing love it! Learn to lighten the F**k up is all I can say.

Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #11: Apr 22, 2010 03:26:35 am
      I think i should explain the reason for not showing the Prophet's image or likeness. It is disliked for Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) image to be shown as there's a possibility of the Prophet being worshipped as a result of a sort of idolatry, much like the way Jesus' (PBUH) representations have resulted in the worship of him (according to Muslims).

I understand where you all are coming from. I too wouldn't want to see restrictions placed on everybody because of what a minority believes. That being said, i think the Prophet's face shouldn't be shown as a show of respect. 
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #12: Apr 22, 2010 03:45:52 am
      They didn't even show his face though, the bearsuit is Mohammed:

And a person should have the right to not have respect for religion in general, or for a specific religion or even just a certain attribute of a certain religion, and should even be allowed to mock that, just like with political views and other ideologies. Religious people should not have more rights than other people and should not be shown more respect than other people.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #13: Apr 22, 2010 04:29:23 am
      Religion is a load of s**t anyway to be fair.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #14: Apr 22, 2010 05:47:41 am
      What's the big deal? The characters in the show know they aren't supposed to show Mohammed. Did they not see the first episode when the did this?
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #15: Apr 22, 2010 05:51:49 am
      I think i should explain the reason for not showing the Prophet's image or likeness. It is disliked for Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) image to be shown as there's a possibility of the Prophet being worshipped as a result of a sort of idolatry, much like the way Jesus' (PBUH) representations have resulted in the worship of him (according to Muslims).

I understand where you all are coming from. I too wouldn't want to see restrictions placed on everybody because of what a minority believes. That being said, i think the Prophet's face shouldn't be shown as a show of respect.

I agree fully that you should respect anothers beliefs and ideology. As a whole I dont care what faith one preaches. Muslim,Jewish Catholic,Protestant etc,, I dont care.

But I dont believe that the respect must be given under the threat of a gun,bomb or death threat, which is at the heart of this debate,  The thought that a picture of the prophet would turn him into an object of "Idolatry" is a non topic and non excuse anyway.  All terrorist action and all forms of radical Islam are already performed under his name anyways, so he is already an Idol and a symbol for the Islamic fundamentalists.

Respect is earned it is not a right forced upon the majority under the threat of terror. Which this clearly is.  

Do you think its right that If you show a picture of Mohammed than all responsible must be killed?  Is that how you perceive "respect"?

Just as I dont force Muslims to go to church and take mass, I should not be forced to abide by your religious doctrines or laws. Especially in the US. Freedom of religion is a cornerstone in our constitution.  It is not merely a right saying that you can follow any religion you wish, But, it is a law which dictates that your religion is YOUR religion, You must practice it in your own way and follow its doctrines.  It does not give you the right to force it upon others.  A sign of respect would be for YOU as a Muslim to not watch the show and leave it at that and allow those who wish to view it to do so and those who dont want to view dont have too. This is yet again another example of a minority ruining it for the majority.

And finally dont use "Respect" as an excuse or as a way of shaming us into agreeing with the argument,   All feelings of respect and honor that Americans may of had when it comes to the Muslim faith, were all used up on 9-11.  Where was respect given to those people. Respect is not something you will receive in the US. Especially now after a website entitled "Revolution Muslim" makes a "Do it or else" statement.

If a group of fundamentalists were to kill Parker and Stone, I truly and honestly fear for any and all Muslims and those who practice Islam.

Their are some very f***in' serious, well funded, well armed groups who are just waiting for an Islamic based terror campaign to kick-off in the US, A lot of innocent well meaning Muslim people will be caught in a very serious situation.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #16: Apr 22, 2010 06:58:40 am
      I agree fully that you should respect anothers beliefs and ideology. As a whole I dont care what faith one preaches. Muslim,Jewish Catholic,Protestant etc,, I dont care.

But I dont believe that the respect must be given under the threat of a gun,bomb or death threat, which is at the heart of this debate,  The thought that a picture of the prophet would turn him into an object of "Idolatry" is a non topic and non excuse anyway.  All terrorist action and all forms of radical Islam are already performed under his name anyways, so he is already an Idol and a symbol for the Islamic fundamentalists.

Respect is earned it is not a right forced upon the majority under the threat of terror. Which this clearly is. 

Do you think its right that If you show a picture of Mohammed than all responsible must be killed?  Is that how you perceive "respect"?

Just as I dont force Muslims to go to church and take mass, I should not be forced to abide by your religious doctrines or laws. Especially in the US. Freedom of religion is a cornerstone in our constitution.  It is not merely a right saying that you can follow any religion you wish, But, it is a law which dictates that your religion is YOUR religion, You must practice it in your own way and follow its doctrines.  It does not give you the right to force it upon others.  A sign of respect would be for YOU as a Muslim to not watch the show and leave it at that and allow those who wish to view it to do so and those who dont want to view dont have too. This is yet again another example of a minority ruining it for the majority.

And finally dont use "Respect" as an excuse or as a way of shaming us into agreeing with the argument,   All feelings of respect and honor that Americans may of had when it comes to the Muslim faith, were all used up on 9-11.  Where was respect given to those people. Respect is not something you will receive in the US. Especially now after a website entitled "Revolution Muslim" makes a "Do it or else" statement.

If a group of fundamentalists were to kill Parker and Stone, I truly and honestly fear for any and all Muslims and those who practice Islam.

Their are some very f***in' serious, well funded, well armed groups who are just waiting for an Islamic based terror campaign to kick-off in the US, A lot of innocent well meaning Muslim people will be caught in a very serious situation.
      Fair enough, but using the old cliche, don't target the entire Muslim community with regards to the 9/11 attacks. It's a minority ruining it for the other 99.9% of Muslims.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #17: Apr 22, 2010 07:42:53 am
      Get a F***ing sense of humor you cu*ts.

I don't get offended when that Simpsons episode set in Australia airs, they give Aussies sh*t on that - to the contrary, I F***ing love it! Learn to lighten the F**k up is all I can say.

I see you've played forkie spoonie before. :laugh:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #18: Apr 22, 2010 07:49:31 am
      I see you've played forkie spoonie before. :laugh:

:lmao: Love it!
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #19: Apr 22, 2010 11:29:32 am
      I watched it and it was funny so har har
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #20: Apr 22, 2010 11:41:18 am
      The law is mandated for 'Muslims" to not show or characterize Mohammad. MUSLIMS are not allowed to draw or show pictures of Mohammad.  If your not Muslim it shouldn't matter. Where does it end. Should we be forced to fast during Ramadan, or force non Muslim women to wear veils.

I'm sick and tired of these Muslim groups threatening people, especially NON MUSLIMS for not adapting and following THEIR laws and rules.  I'm not Muslim and I wont follow Muslim laws. If you dont want to see a picture of Mohammad. DONT WATCH.  If your offended that my mother doesn't wear a veil, so what. Walk away.

As a matter of principal, if a US based Islamic group were to carry out an assassination of 2 public people on US soil. That would be very bad for Muslims in the US. It would result in direct actions against Muslim organizations and mosques in the US. Whether they are peaceful or not.  It would spiral out of control and Innocent people would be killed. That is a fact. It would fuel Militia groups and Muslim communities and mosques in the US would be burnt to the ground. And as that website "Revolution Muslim" stated so eloquently..."This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them.”....I though it only fair to issue the same warning to that group.

Mate - F***ing top post and very well said.

A plus from me.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #21: Apr 22, 2010 11:43:03 am
      Religion is a load of s**t anyway to be fair.

Agreed - all it has achieved over countless years is war.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #22: Apr 22, 2010 12:16:58 pm
      Why are so many people in the world reverting to islam if its a backward war mongering religion? HHmm.

Quick Reply