Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

South Park Creators Threatened Over Muhammad Bear

Read 9946 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: South Park Creators Threatened Over Muhammad Bear
      Reply #23: Apr 22, 2010 12:38:06 pm
      I see you've played forkie spoonie before. :laugh:

Coffee...
      Beer...

C.O.F
      B.E.E

Classic.

They didn't even show Muhammed.
      Did Family Guy get threats for their sketch or was that ok because it was a snapshot as opposed to an entire episode.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #24: Apr 22, 2010 12:56:06 pm
      Why are so many people in the world reverting to islam if its a backward war mongering religion? HHmm.

Is that supposed to be an argument? In the past many people have believed in the craziest and most ridiculous ideas and religions and done the sickest things in the name of those ideas and religions, doesn't make them any less crazy or ridiculous just because many people went along with it.
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2010 01:02:10 pm by Dexter »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #25: Apr 22, 2010 01:02:19 pm
      Is that supposed to be an argument? In the past many many people have believed in the craziest and most ridiculous ideas and religions and done the sickest things in the name of those ideas and religions, doesn't make them any less crazy or ridiculous just because many people went along with it.
      No dexter,its a question that needs answering.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #26: Apr 22, 2010 01:13:39 pm
      No dexter,its a question that needs answering.
      Why would that be a question that needs answering?

Why are most people in Italy catholic? Why are most people in India hindu? Why are most Tibetans budhist? Why are most Israelians jews? Answer those questions and you'll have your answer.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #27: Apr 22, 2010 01:39:23 pm
      Why would that be a question that needs answering?

Why are most people in Italy catholic? Why are most people in India hindu? Why are most Tibetans budhist? Why are most Israelians jews? Answer those questions and you'll have your answer.
      All the religons you have named are falling in number and probably most of them are reverting to islam,its a valid question which has not been answered. ;)
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #28: Apr 22, 2010 02:11:13 pm
      Whats the point you are trying to make then.....?
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #29: Apr 22, 2010 02:15:32 pm
      I don't see other religeons going mad when  there god is made into a joke...
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #30: Apr 22, 2010 03:41:58 pm
      All the religons you have named are falling in number and probably most of them are reverting to islam,its a valid question which has not been answered. ;)
      Why is it a valid question? I really don't get your point. Like I said earlier, just because many people or even most people believe something doesn't make the belief or ideology any more valid. And what does it matter that Islam is rising in numbers now? All big religions have done that at some point obviously. And just because Islam might be the fastest growing religion doesn't say that those people from other religions are reverting to Islam, I personally think most of them revert to nontheism, at least here in western europe.
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2010 03:48:59 pm by Dexter »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #31: Apr 22, 2010 03:50:11 pm
      Dexter you from holland right?
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #32: Apr 22, 2010 03:50:26 pm
      Yes I am, why?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #33: Apr 22, 2010 04:08:01 pm
      Prostitution and taking drugs in holland is accepted and the rest of europe,but when a women desires to cover up in public that is frowned upon!.
      Islam is a very tolerant religion if it were not the world would be in flames right about now.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #34: Apr 22, 2010 04:36:08 pm
      Prostitution and taking drugs in holland is accepted and the rest of europe,but when a women desires to cover up in public that is frowned upon!.
      Islam is a very tolerant religion if it were not the world would be in flames right about now.
      Yeah, we're not hypocrites. We acknowledge that prostitution and the use of cannabis will exist whether it's illegal or not, while at the same time we believe the only way to make these issues less harmfull to our society and the people involved is by regulating both issues. But maybe Morocco is a better example then as a muslim country? Since half of the world's hash supply is produced there, and most Moroccan males frequently smoke hash. But at least it's illegal there right, going to jail for 5-10 years there for smoking hash seems the best way to deal with that kind of stuff :roll:

And what do you mean with cover up? When you're talking about veils, I don't have any issue with that nor does the majority of my country. Burkas however is a different story, but I really don't see that as an issue since I haven't seen one of those ever.

And I disagree that Islam is a very tolerant religion, Buddhism now that's a very tolerant religion.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #35: Apr 22, 2010 04:40:23 pm
      Well said dexter
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #36: Apr 22, 2010 04:41:44 pm
      Dont think the dali lama is very tolerant towards china.

Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #37: Apr 22, 2010 04:43:10 pm
      Dont think the dali lama is very tolerant towards china.
      Really, after they invaded his country? Who would have thought :roll:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #38: Apr 22, 2010 04:45:06 pm
      Really, after they invaded his country? Who would have thought :roll:
      Well dexter my son how do you think muslims view foreign invasion of their lands. :f_whistle:
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #39: Apr 22, 2010 04:48:11 pm
      Well dexter my son how do you think muslims view foreign invasion of their lands. :f_whistle:
      Ever seen me supporting that? No? Because I don't. Not sure what you're trying to say here. You seem to assume that because I'm from Holland I agree with everything that happens in my country or even in western europe? Because I really don't. That's really the same as thinking that you're a terrorist just because you're a muslim. Don't think because I'm dutch that I think the same as Wilders, because I don't have any respect for him and his ideas, to put it mildly.
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2010 04:59:54 pm by Dexter »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #40: Apr 22, 2010 05:01:45 pm
      There is only one reason why i think there is so much islamaphobia in the west,its because of what it stands for,spain under islamic rule flourished while the rest of europe still lived in the dark ages,europeans have a lot to thank islam for they just need to do their research better to see the benefits of islam.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41: Apr 22, 2010 05:11:44 pm
      There is only one reason why I think there is so much islamaphobia in the west,its because of what it stands for

Yeah that would be a pretty good reason all right. In one line you have defeated your own argument.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #42: Apr 22, 2010 05:16:39 pm
      Yeah that would be a pretty good reason all right. In one line you have defeated your own argument.
      Thought the same thing mate and the more extreme they become in trying to convince that it's the ONLY religion the more they entrench the sceptics.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #43: Apr 22, 2010 05:21:05 pm
      Racer I dont think you know much about islam then.

Thought the same thing mate and the more extreme they become in trying to convince that it's the ONLY religion the more they entrench the sceptics.
      No one is being extreme my freind stuey or trying to convince others.
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2010 07:03:49 pm by Bpatel, Reason: Removed the Jewish bit, no need for that at all! »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #44: Apr 22, 2010 05:21:45 pm

I start to pay attention when they say we should be grateful they havent set the world up in flames
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #45: Apr 22, 2010 05:29:44 pm
      Islam has had an essentially political character ... from its very foundation ... to the present day. An intimate association between religion and politics, between power and cult, marks a principal distinction between Islam and other religions. ... In traditional Islam and therefore also in resurgent fundamentalist Islam, God is the sole source of sovereignty. God is the head of the state. The state is God's state. The army is God's army. The treasury is God's treasury, and the enemy, of course, is God's enemy.

The main ideology behind Islamic Terrorism is the principle of Jihad, or struggle, which is the cornerstone of Islam. Jihad advocates war on non-Muslims and apostates.

Quick Reply