Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

RTK - Q&A Session With Rick Parry Last Night

Read 1976 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      RTK - Q&A Session With Rick Parry Last Night
      Jun 08, 2007 10:23:39 am
      There was a Q&A session with Rick Parry at Anfield last night, thanks to Leon McCowan for supplying details of the subjects raised & Mr Parry's answers.

1) The "25 incidents" report from UEFA as muted by William Gailliard recently when he labeled the clubs fans the worst in Europe - Rick's response was damning, he said they have not seen a copy of the report, and went as far as questioning if it even existed. To back this up, he said that they had re-read all the reports from the 23 European away games since 2003 (the supposed timeframe of UEFA's list) and there where NO incidents recorded in there

2) The ticketing policy in particular the ballot scheme employed in the distribution of the tickets for the Champions League final in Athens - Mr Parry played the numbers game and quoted the figures of Istanbul and Athens (which where comparable) but never (IMO) really allaid peoples fears that the ballot was unfair or addressed peoples concerns that it was ill advised although he did look resigned to the fact that it was wrong. He will also have got the message and I seriously doubt that style will be used in future

3) The loyalty scheme, how it has been employed, the plans for future employment and the pitfalls of the current system - No real response from Mr Parry on this other than promises to look into it

4) The lack of support/backing for the fans in the light of the UEFA reports and the (joyous) reporting of the comments by Sky Sports News and the Beeb in particular - Again, disappointed by the response from Mr Parry on this, he kept on saying that Mr Gailliard had "hung himself" with the comments and there was little need to do anything on the clubs part. For me and everyone there a "More Robust" response and defence of the fans was in order from the club. Many would like to see comments on the official site to defend us, although they where not forthcoming. Many times fans asked for the club to come out and defend us - we will see if this happens

5) What are the actual numbers on the season ticket waiting list and total nubmer of fan card holders - Parry said there were 60000 on the season ticket waiting list and 160000 fan card holders

6) Will there be a season ticket amnesty to allow people to have the names changed on the season tickets they have inherited ? - Parry said he will look into this, but probably

7) With the 7 12.45 kick offs from last season compared to only 2 for United, after Fergie and their fans moaned about it, is this a sign that the club are a soft touch? - Disappointingly Parry skirted round this issue and never offered a thorough answer other than saying we were not without any real evidence

Makes interesting reading. I'm disappointed that Parry didn't just accept that he'd let the fans down by not backing them to the hilt in the face of criticism from UEFA, but was very impressed with his comments on the '25 incidents' report. It also seems he's got the message that the ballot system didn't work for the final, so I doubt we'll be seeing that again.
      « Last Edit: Jun 08, 2007 10:28:32 am by EddieC »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: RTK - Q&A Session With Rick Parry Last Night
      Reply #1: Jun 08, 2007 06:00:55 pm
      Also heard he mentioned that the new stadium plans to be submitted would be for 61,000 and then during the construction a new plan would be submitted for a 66,000 seater which will hopefully be the opening capacity.

A potential size of 76,000 depends on a whole host of other issues such as the re-opening of a local train station, better traffic measures and also maybe a new look at integrating the tram system that the Government blocked a couple of years back.
      RickparryNo1fan
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #2: Jun 11, 2007 08:04:53 pm
      rick brought in rafa....nuff said! rick parry is top dog, liverpool win the league in two years time.

dont write sX*t about rick!

EddieC
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #3: Jun 11, 2007 08:38:56 pm
      rick brought in rafa....nuff said! rick parry is top dog, liverpool win the league in two years time.

Right, put your toys back in your pram, and read the post again. There was a question & answer session with Rick Parry, I reported the questions asked and the answers given. How does that constitute writing sh*t about Rick?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #4: Jun 11, 2007 09:19:58 pm

Jog on you tool! Must be Parry's Mam! :laugh: Give a reasonable argument and don't keep coming on chatting sh*t! Cretin!
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #5: Jun 11, 2007 09:27:37 pm
      Rick Parry's got his missus signed up to the forum then.  What kind of beaut would pick that as a username anyway.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Jun 11, 2007 09:32:55 pm
      Rick Parry's got his missus signed up to the forum then.  What kind of beaut would pick that as a username anyway.

A useless wind up merchant is my guess. Just a guess....
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #7: Jun 12, 2007 12:07:40 pm

Is this a wind up?

You can be sacked with Parry!!
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #8: Jun 12, 2007 12:57:10 pm
      yes looks like the capacity will defo be 66k i go t this from another forum by the bloke who asked the question

I attended the RTK Q&A session tonight with the aim of asking about the new stadium, but understandably the evening was dominated by events in Athens, the clubs response, the Final ticket issue & genrally loyalty.

Hence, I didn't get to ask my question. I did manage to speak with Rick Parry at the end and he confirmed the following;

The Revised design requires a fresh planning application, to by pass the majority of the delays and objections, the capacity will remain the same, ie 61k, however Parry said the KOP was stunning and it will be around 19k in capacity. The reason why the 61k is the same, is because all the transport infrastructure issues & objections have been looked at & from what I can gather this will allow us to get approval to start building ASAP.

Not wanting to give ammunition to people who object to the ground, Parry went onto say the club may or may not (IMO we will) then put in another application to upgrade the capacity to 66k, while the work is in progress, with a view to completing the stadium on time with 66k capacity, in the same amount of time that they would have completed it with 61k.

I then asked about a upper limit & it appears that the figure mooted was 76k, but this would be dependant on a number of things, including the reopening of the Bootle Branch line & the reserection of the tram scheme, but who knows, maybe with the Yanks help?

Other notable figures from the evening;

Currently 60k on the season ticket waiting list & currently 166k fan card holders.

Quick Reply