Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Atletico Madrid 1-0 Liverpool - In-game and post-match

Read 52206 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Atletico Madrid 1-0 Liverpool - In-game and post-match
      Reply #667: Apr 23, 2010 09:11:35 pm
      To come to think of it, its obviously not going to make anybody feel any better but Benayoun did still have a goal ruled offside when it is clear to the human eye that he definitely was ONSIDE. We should be taking an away goal back to Anfield with us for the second leg therefore putting us in full control of the tie.

Very true. Was steaming after that.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #668: Apr 23, 2010 09:26:56 pm
      And I don't need approval from a medieval supporter who's claiming he's the only one who loves LFC and everything else is deemed as heresy.

You don't own LFC mate, If i'm guilty for stating the bloody obvious then so be it

AR, do you not think that the fact that practically everyone not only disagrees but is offended by alot of comments you make says that you need to rethink your perspective on a few things.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #669: Apr 23, 2010 09:28:12 pm
      Are you saying that we would still have had 0 shots on target if Torres was playing upfront on his own and the midfield still played and full backs and everybody else played as bad.

I'm saying any forward in the world is heavily reliant on quality service, if there is a lack of quality service then that said forward is going to struggle to impose himself on the game.

How many times have we seen a similar performance only for Torres to pinch a goal through sheer individual brilliance ?

How many times have we seen similar performances and go home empty handed ?

How many times have we seen Torres & Gerrard receive quality service and smash what has been put in front of us ?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #670: Apr 23, 2010 09:35:42 pm
      Gerrard clean on goal - misses the target.

Pepe kept it competitive, as did Carra with their awareness and anticipation. Lucas covered Gerrard and Masch' shiteness and played some delightful balls through.

Gerrard clean on goal, come on mate it was a good through ball by Lucas although just a little over hit and Gerrard running on to it a pace, striking with his weaker left foot ?

As for Lucas covering Gerrards and Mascherano's shiteness, I really think you should consider a career as a stand up comedian, either that or Lucas Leiva's PR Manager as Lucas was as sh*te as any one the pitch, Infact our whole midfield was abysmal from the two in the center to the two wingers, but that has no direct bearing on on our forwards no, I mean they can forage on scraps for 90 minutes and expect to get a hat full of goals no ?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #671: Apr 23, 2010 09:51:44 pm
      Gerrard clean on goal, come on mate it was a good through ball by Lucas although just a little over hit and Gerrard running on to it a pace, striking with his weaker left foot ?

Highlights for RLB, please.

Was a perfect ball through behind the defence. Gerrard's inability to finish is Lucas' fault, is it? I suppose his weaker left foot finish in the exact same position against the blueshite last season was a fluke?

What else, Kuyt's was Lucas' fault also?

Anyway, another point was Johnson caught out of the defensive line by Simao leading to Forlan's goal. The lad cannot defend. He was okay going forward, but is caught out too often.

Carra came across to cover him and Johnson was dawdling behind.

Kuyt, i can't fathom how to put his performance into words.

Gerrard, however. I'd probably have to ban myself after describing his performance.

All that and only 1-0, though. We were there for the taking and Atletico didn't capitalise. Aguero is back but at Anfield we'll have these easily.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #672: Apr 23, 2010 10:18:23 pm

Seriously sweety there is no need, I watched the game live then, put myself through the agony of watching it again on LFC TV.

Where in my post did I solely blame Lucas for anything ?

I think your infatuated eyes are decieving you.

I'll try again and spell it out for you.

O U R   W H O L E   M I D F I E L D   W E R E   F U C K I N G    S H I T E ! ! !
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #673: Apr 23, 2010 10:25:32 pm
      Seriously sweety there is no need, I watched the game live then, put myself through the agony of watching it again on LFC TV.

O U R   W H O L E   M I D F I E L D   W E R E   F U C K I N G    S H I T E ! ! !

I never said you did. But cutting out the rest of my post indicates you don't have any other excuses to slag him off.

And trying to undermine me shows you have nothing constructive to say (ie. you realised Gerrard fu**ed up on that one) so let's move on to more important matters like Burnley.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #674: Apr 23, 2010 10:42:05 pm
      I wish I'm a manc, it's a lot more easier to face life
      Why dont you try supporting L.F.C. in the bad times as well as the good times,it is easy to jump on the bandwagon when things are going good .The way I see it posters look on you as either a manc,a w.u.m. or someone who has forgotten to take their MEDICATION.Surely the fact that you have crossed swords with so many on this thread alone should indicate that your knowledge of L.F.C. is flawed compared to the likes of stuey and  RedLFCBlood many other genuine supporters.Just remember it is only half time and we have got all to play for.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #675: Apr 23, 2010 10:43:31 pm

I never try to undermime you mate, you do that yourself the moment you start typing.

I'll address your points if it suits to serve your passionate support of the Brazillian Maestro.

Was a perfect ball through behind the defence. Gerrard's inability to finish is Lucas' fault, is it? I suppose his weaker left foot finish in the exact same position against the blueshite last season was a fluke?

The pass was a little over hit, I wasn't giving Lucas stick for it, but it was just a tad over hit, but Kudo's for trying, yes it was on Gerrards weaker foot running at pace, di I say his goal at Everton was a fluke ? no it wasn't but you don't score with every similar strike, thats football if you did Torres would have a 100 goals this season.

Like I said have I blamed Lucas DUHHHHHHHHHH !!!!

Anyway, another point was Johnson caught out of the defensive line by Simao leading to Forlan's goal. The lad cannot defend. He was okay going forward, but is caught out too often.

Yes you are correct but you missed the bit about the big greek falling flat on his arse and not being able to recover also.

But like I said our midfield was sh*te, had they even tried contesting the midfield and trying to win the game, that chance may never have come about.

Just like the rest of the midfield quartet keep it simple and put it into one word "sh*te"

Gerrard, however. I'd probably have to ban myself after describing his performance.

Don't see why saying starved of decent service for prolonged periods would result in banning yourself as thats exactly what both our forwards were starved of.

All that and only 1-0, though. We were there for the taking and Atletico didn't capitalise. Aguero is back but at Anfield we'll have these easily.

If we repeat that performance we wont, although I'm optimistic if our midfield turns up and remembers how to tackle and pass.

RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #676: Apr 24, 2010 01:22:22 am

So where were  our so-called forwards.We all have our own preferences,but you can't blame Lucas for our midfield deficiencies,he plays how he is told to.At this level you expect your'e "spine players" to take the lead.Pepe yes Carra yes,Mascher yes Gerrard no Torres unavailable.So with an over tactically  cautious manager and the talented Lucas not being allowed past the halfway line,where the f*ck does our creativity come from.Answer Maxi,he has proved to be the controlling link between a defensive midfield and any pure f*cker who has to lead the line.My "high ground" alows me to reserve judgement on the manager's tactics until the season ends,and we evaluate our overall performance.Players right to be selected game on game should imo be on their current form,not on past performances.That includes everyone in the team,we don't have "get out of jail cards".Myths are built up by supporters, and destroyed by perfomance.Who would be youre most underchieving player of the year?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #677: Apr 24, 2010 01:24:40 am
      Have to say Crouch you take backing Lucas to a whole new level your obviously more a Lucas fan than Liverpool fan, don't know what you have against Johnson either blaming him for that goal is taking the piss.

Lucas barring that good pass for the Gerrard was non existant but then it is hillarious watching your comments in the in thread during games no matter how sh*te he is your making ridiculous comments like Lucas has been brilliant, Lucas is brilliant driving forward.

You make F**k all other comments during any game. I know you feel sorry for him but F**k me you've been completely blinded by the lad.  

If Lucas is still a regular next season we will still struggle because I agree with Redblood it is to important a position to be carrying lads.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #678: Apr 24, 2010 01:29:06 am
      So where were  our so-called forwards.We all have our own preferences,but you can't blame Lucas for our midfield deficiencies,he plays how he is told to.

Again Roy I'm not "Solely" blaming Lucas, however Is it not the midfields, I'E Lucas, Mascherano, Kuyt, Bennayoun's job to create chances for our forwards to feed off ?, can you tell me how many clear cutchances our midfield created over 90 minutes ?, In the same sense is it not our midfield quartets job to protect the back 4 ?

Bottom line is our midfield did not turn uplast night, they allowed Atletico to play through us, offered the defense not verymuch cover and were poor creatively and offensivley, yet I'm supposed to blame our forwards for their lack of involvement in teh game due to teh poor service they were recieving ?

Ok I'd do that but I'd have so much more fun burrying my head n the sand.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #679: Apr 24, 2010 01:37:05 am
      Have to say Crouch you take backing Lucas to a whole new level your obviously more a Lucas fan than Liverpool fan, don't know what you have against Johnson either blaming him for that goal is taking the piss.

Lucas barring that good pass for the Gerrard was non existant but then it is hillarious watching your comments in the in thread during games no matter how sh*te he is your making ridiculous comments like Lucas has been brilliant, Lucas is brilliant driving forward.

You make f**k all other comments during any game. I know you feel sorry for him but f**k me you've been completely blinded by the lad. 

If Lucas is still a regular next season we will still struggle because I agree with Redblood it is to important a position to be carrying lads.
      I don't back Lucas,but I resent him being made the scapegoat.He is picked to do a job bt the manager,if you don't agree with that then critisice Rafa,not Lucas.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #680: Apr 24, 2010 01:40:21 am
      Are we really surprised... That how the club has played all season.  One game they play perfect football and look awesome. Then the next match is complete sh*t.  So. Whatever.

Their is no need to fight with eachother and try and explain it all out.  It is just the way were playing this season.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #681: Apr 24, 2010 01:54:17 am
      There are times on this forum that i think im stuck in the lucas thread
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #682: Apr 24, 2010 01:59:39 am
      We'll sink them at Anfield!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #683: Apr 24, 2010 02:00:58 am
      There are times on this forum that I think im stuck in the lucas thread
      Same.. Hes not the problem. We play two defensive midfielders and none can craete great so we blame him for not creating enough when its not one of his good sides. Lucas is a DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER.. I bet if Mascherano was gone and we had Alonso, he would not get slated because he would do what he can do and let Alonso do the creating. The problem is Mascherano and Lucas are both not creative and the two shouldnt be playing together.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #684: Apr 24, 2010 03:42:54 am
      It's only HALF- TIME.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #685: Apr 24, 2010 03:54:40 am
      I don't back Lucas,but I resent him being made the scapegoat.He is picked to do a job bt the manager,if you don't agree with that then critisice Rafa,not Lucas.

Bingo.

I'm not deluded to think Lucas will be the key next season, you people just jump on whoever backs him, which is why i do back him because it's ridiculous the amount of sh*te he cops when if he played like our captain has this season then he'd be chased out of town.

Was he terrible last night? F**k no he wasn't.

I never try to undermime you mate, you do that yourself the moment you start typing.

I'll address your points if it suits to serve your passionate support of the Brazillian Maestro.

The pass was a little over hit, I wasn't giving Lucas stick for it, but it was just a tad over hit, but Kudo's for trying, yes it was on Gerrards weaker foot running at pace, di I say his goal at Everton was a fluke ? no it wasn't but you don't score with every similar strike, thats football if you did Torres would have a 100 goals this season.

How was it a little over hit? He was sent away through on goal without a defender in front of him and he fu**ed up! That's as good a ball as you can expect at this level. Your defending Gerrard so vociferously but you cannot see how he missed a one on one after being released by Lucas.

Yes you are correct but you missed the bit about the big greek falling flat on his arse and not being able to recover also.

This was posted as they scored:

F**k off.

Carra sh*te. Sotis sh*t. Johnson sh*te.

You make F**k all other comments during any game. I know you feel sorry for him but F**k me you've been completely blinded by the lad. 

When he does something good, i back him. If you weren't so blinkered you would of seen me praise Johnson for his attacking game and especially his cross for Benayoun just after Forlan scored.

You backing the most feeble attempts to defend is ridiculous, too. He was out of position. Simple. If it were a one off then fair enough but how many times have i seen a ball come into the box and pull our defence out of shape because Glen Johnson is behind play and out of whack with his other defenders.

He cannot defend in the Liverpool system. No coincidence to me that our best defensive spell all season was when he wasn't in the side.

AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #686: Apr 24, 2010 05:03:40 am
      Why dont you try supporting L.F.C. in the bad times as well as the good times,it is easy to jump on the bandwagon when things are going good .The way I see it posters look on you as either a manc,a w.u.m. or someone who has forgotten to take their MEDICATION.Surely the fact that you have crossed swords with so many on this thread alone should indicate that your knowledge of L.F.C. is flawed compared to the likes of stuey and  RedLFCBlood many other genuine supporters.Just remember it is only half time and we have got all to play for.

for the 100th time, it's not about winning the game or the scoreline.

It's about passion, performance, drive, hunger of the game.

I can tolerate losses and support the team, but this sh*t on a stick does not merit any praise or positives, 0 shots on targets for a liverpool FC is atrocious. The guys are not even bother to try, they're millionaire footballer and can't even string a few passes. Surely our great master tactician should take some blame in that??

That is all, performance, something to make me believe that this season is nothing but a blip.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #687: Apr 24, 2010 05:13:22 am

Like I said have I blamed Lucas DUHHHHHHHHHH !!!!

But like I said our midfield was sh*te, had they even tried contesting the midfield and trying to win the game, that chance may never have come about.

Just like the rest of the midfield quartet keep it simple and put it into one word "sh*te"

Don't see why saying starved of decent service for prolonged periods would result in banning yourself as thats exactly what both our forwards were starved of.

If we repeat that performance we wont, although I'm optimistic if our midfield turns up and remembers how to tackle and pass.

Honestly, I don't watch the match , either on telly / live.

And ussually stats means nothing to me, but 0 shots on targets is glarringly visible that something is wrong.

When you are 1-0 down you throw away everything, you try, you shoot, you push forward, and when you don't have 1, bloody 1 shot on target, how do you expect to win anything at all?

We have one hell of a good football with Aquilani and babel on our side, and why on the planet earth we didn't at least stick to it.

I'd pity Aquilani, he must be thinking what's inside Rafa's head. He's playing good, bought for quite some amount and still he can't get games. And if our atrocious games is too good for him, what are the odds he can get back into the team.

The thing that irks me is that almost every rafa brigade draws the defence almost seemingly absolve Rafa of any blame.

1. The yanks,
      2. hand tied
      3. Lack of investment
      4. Gerrard off form
      5. Torres Injury
      6. Rick Parry
      7. The midfield and fullbacks (OF HIS CHOICE) is sh*te so that our great forward (of his choice) can't even have a shot on target

While IMO the problem is already solved this season, to play a more fluid and creative lineup with the likes of babel and aquilani. But Rafa seems to be too stubborn to do just that.

I don't need to analyse the goal, positioning, strats, tactics, etc.

When we're at our positions, and this SEMI - FINAL of a EUROPA CUP and we're 1-0 down we don't even look like we're bothering to make a difference.... i don't know what to say
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #688: Apr 24, 2010 05:17:49 am
      We were crap, but at the end of the day, the ref cost us the game.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #689: Apr 24, 2010 08:35:37 am
      I know I said we did not come out of the dressing room but hey gang lets not forget this is Liverpool,our team,our pride,our joy,so lets stop with all negs and slagging and get behind the manager and the lads and show our support.I will be there for the home game and will be screaming my lungs out and in my heart I know we can do it,COME ON YOU REDS!.

Quick Reply