Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Atletico Madrid 1-0 Liverpool - In-game and post-match

Read 52212 times
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Re: Atletico Madrid 1-0 Liverpool - In-game and post-match
      Reply #690: Apr 24, 2010 08:38:17 am
      Have to say Crouch you take backing Lucas to a whole new level your obviously more a Lucas fan than Liverpool fan, don't know what you have against Johnson either blaming him for that goal is taking the piss.

Johnson has to shoulder a large portion of the blame for the goal. His positioning was absolutely awful. Simao then exploited the space left by him being 20 yards further up the pitch than the rest of the back four.

It's not all Johnson's fault, though, once that cross comes in, Kyrgiakos or Agger should be marking their only player in the box. He had F***ing donkeys years to scuff it into the goal.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #691: Apr 24, 2010 08:39:07 am
      We were crap, but at the end of the day, the ref cost us the game.

The ref was brilliant, to be honest. The linesman ruled out a perfectly good goal for us.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #692: Apr 24, 2010 10:12:48 am
      Johnson was F**k all to blame for the game Forlan was left completely unmarked in the centre surely people are that blinkered they can't see that. Johnson is the scape goat on here for a few as much as Lucas is. The lad seems to be blamed for every goal scored against us, it's mad when I see Crouch defending Lucas and slating Johnson when Johnson is a much much better player.

I heard some ludricious comment as well that Lucas wouldn't get as much criticism if Masch was gone and he was playing with Alonso. Of course he would he is not at Masch level he has played with Gerrard this season in some of our worst performances. Johnson has a long Liverpool career in front of him I hope the same is not true of Lucas.
      Roxtorresfan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #693: Apr 24, 2010 10:19:53 am
      I am sooooooooooo sure that tommrow Liverpool will win and beat Burnley Gooooooooooooooo Liverpool
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #694: Apr 24, 2010 10:40:11 am
      Johnson was F**k all to blame for the game Forlan was left completely unmarked in the centre surely people are that blinkered they can't see that.

If you're referring to me then have a read of this:

It's not all Johnson's fault, though, once that cross comes in, Kyrgiakos or Agger should be marking their only player in the box. He had F***ing donkeys years to scuff it into the goal.

Also, If you can't see that Johnson's positioning for the goal was awful then you are the one that's blinkered. Carra game across and Johnson gingerly dawdles a few feet behind him, when he should be busting a gut to get back to where the cross is going to go.

How can you say he had F**k all to do with the goal when he is 20 yards out of position and then a cross comes in from which they score?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #695: Apr 24, 2010 10:46:57 am
      Johnson was not at fault for the goal if that was the case as well where was Kuyt sure Kuyt is to blame as well, it is a wide midfielders job to cover as well. The goal was caused by poor marking in the centre the cross should have easily been defended. But look I've come to accept some people will blame Johnson for every single goal scored against us.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #696: Apr 24, 2010 10:52:28 am
      Johnson was not at fault for the goal if that was the case as well where was Kuyt sure Kuyt is to blame as well, it is a wide midfielders job to cover as well. The goal was caused by poor marking in the centre the cross should have easily been defended. But look I've come to accept some people will blame Johnson for every single goal scored against us.

It should have been defended by the right full back! Glen was miles out of position, and Simao had acres of space and loads of time to get a cross in. It's not all Johnson's fault, but his positioning was F***ing awful in this instance.

You're really scraping the barrel saying it's Kuyts fault. Kuyt is an attacker, Johnson should be a defender. What the F**k was he doing after the space behind him was exploited? He was jogging about 3 feet behind Carragher, when he should have been trying to get back in line and cut out the cross.

But look I've come to accept some people will blame Johnson for every single goal scored against us.

Grow up, child. Stop being so pathetic. No-one is blaming Johnson for every single goal, but in this case, Johnson didn't do himself any favours.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #697: Apr 24, 2010 11:01:17 am
      Who the F**k do you think you are calling me child I've no problem you wanting to debate on football but I don't appeciate condensing ignorant comments.

The reason I'm blaming Kuyt is because it is Kuyts job as well to cover the full back if you are going to blame Johnson for non existant marking in the box. Also maybe Ngog should have stopped the original pass out wide then also. The simple fact the goal was caused by our big greek failing to pick Forlan up in the box. In a number of places the goal could have been stopped before it was finished by Forlan.

Johnson is blamed on here for a large percentage of the goals that is my opinion and not pathetic as you call it.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #698: Apr 24, 2010 11:09:49 am
      The reason I'm blaming Kuyt is because it is Kuyts job as well to cover the full back if you are going to blame Johnson for non existant marking in the box. Also maybe Ngog should have stopped the original pass out wide then also. The simple fact the goal was caused by our big greek failing to pick Forlan up in the box. In a number of places the goal could have been stopped before it was finished by Forlan.

The least I expect from my right full back is to attempt to stop the cross. Johnson was F***ing sh*te in the build up the this goal, and it's inexcusable.

Had that been Insua, you'd be lambasting the poor f**ker for being poor defensively, but when it's Johnson, he can have absolutely nothing to do with the goal? Please.

I didn't blame Johnson for the poor marking in the box, please read my F***ing posts once in a while. I blamed Sotis and Agger for that, but the fact that Simao has a lifetime to get a ball into the box is Johnson's fault, pure and simple. Kuyt maybe should have been there covering, but his primary job is to attack, not defend. Johnson is there to defend which he simply did not do in the build up to this goal.

Who the F**k do you think you are calling me child I've no problem you wanting to debate on football but I don't appeciate condensing ignorant comments.

I called you child because you're spouting the type of comments most people grow out of by secondary school. I was referring to the childish nature of your comments, not calling you personally immature. I'm not here to make enemies.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #699: Apr 24, 2010 11:18:35 am
      How can you call me childish because my comments I'm sure I'm older than you, I'm defending a player that I feel is getting a lot of unwarranted criticism, a full back can't be expected to stop every cross it is up to your centre halfs to mark.

I've yet to see you make similar comments to anyone making ludicrous comments defending other players ie Lucas. Johnson was blamed a few weeks ago on here as well against Birmingham when it was clearly Maxi not picking up. My point is he cannot be blamed for every single thing that originates on the right side.

I don't want to make enemies here either but I trying to defend my point sorry if it annoys anyone. I was using Kuyt because of late he is providing very little cover as a wide midfielder.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #700: Apr 24, 2010 11:28:03 am
      How can you call me childish because my comments I'm sure I'm older than you,

Firstly, age has nothing to with childish comments. Age is just a number. But i'm over that, and am going to discuss football and football only with you.

I've yet to see you make similar comments to anyone making ludicrous comments defending other players ie Lucas. Johnson was blamed a few weeks ago on here as well against Birmingham when it was clearly Maxi not picking up. My point is he cannot be blamed for every single thing that originates on the right side.

Lucas gets more than his fair share of criticism, and no-one is saying he is exempt from blame when we concede (like you are saying Johnson is).

The goal against Birmingham was poor marking by everyone in the box (as was Forlan's). The whole of the back four on that occasion got sucked in and left acres of space. Johnson deserves his share of the blame for that goal (and before you say anything, so does everyone else who was in the box).

The goal against Atletico was sh*te marking in the box, but that cross should never have come in. It originated from Johnson's sh*te positioning.

a full back can't be expected to stop every cross it is up to your centre halfs to mark.

To expect that a full back stops every cross is unreasonable, but I do expect the full back to be in position and not let the entire back four have to get jerked out of position.

Johnson's defending worries me, it really does. It's not just coincidence that our best defensive spell of the season came when he was out of the team.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #701: Apr 24, 2010 11:35:42 am

How was it a little over hit? He was sent away through on goal without a defender in front of him and he fu**ed up! That's as good a ball as you can expect at this level. Your defending Gerrard so vociferously but you cannot see how he missed a one on one after being released by Lucas.

It was a little over hit as the ball run on and sent Gerrard a little wide, yes he missed the chance, but it was a very hard chance to take, I'd honestly love to see you in a similair position on the pitch and I know for certain, you'd F**k the same chance chance up more often than not mate.

Don't say I can not see that he missed a one one as I have not said that, what I said was basically it was a hard chance to take with him running onto teh ball striking it with his weaker left foot.

I'm not having a go at Lucas, it's you turning it into a Lucas Leiva debate mate, all I said was our midfield "Collectively" were sh*te and I stand by that, no blaming individuals, but if you want to put words into my mouth and say I'm "Solely" blaming Lucas, knock yourself out kid, your only making yourself look a fool as its in black & white over the last few pages exactly what I have said about our "Whole" midfield not turning up.

However if you can lambast Gerrard for having an ineffective performance, then surely you have to be critical of the midfield quartet, who's primary job is to supply quality service for the front men to feed off, No service = No Goals... but we'll blame Gerrard for that as he did not deep into the midfield and play himself endless subliminal through balls to run on to eh ?

Honest to god mate, you say I have agenda ....... well I digress and say you certainly must have an agenda if you really think you can make a convincing argument for any of our midfield quartet against Athletico as they were F***ing sh*te mate full stop.

Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #702: Apr 24, 2010 11:37:38 am
      you'd F**k the same chance chance up more often than not mate.

It might just be me, but I think most people who aren't professional footballers would F**k that up. That's a really, really poor argument.

I'd expect Gerrard to hit the target at least, but I can accept that he didn't.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #703: Apr 24, 2010 12:25:32 pm

To expect that a full back stops every cross is unreasonable, but I do expect the full back to be in position and not let the entire back four have to get jerked out of position.

Glen isn't a defensive type of right back and people knew that before he arrived so with him being upfield sometimes, somebody should be sitting back to cover the gap left behind by him when he's tracking back or attacking with the ball but more often than not that doesn't actually happen. If it does then its likely to be Carragher and sorry but he's far to clumsy against tricky wingers. I think its safe to say though to be honest that Kyrgiakos was definitely in position but he failed to get closer to Forlan and simply left him unmarked with the opportunity of 2 or 3 attempts at goal before it finally went into the net.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #704: Apr 24, 2010 12:36:29 pm
      It might just be me, but I think most people who aren't professional footballers would F**k that up. That's a really, really poor argument.

I'd expect Gerrard to hit the target at least, but I can accept that he didn't.

Well maybe a poor argument, but alas my main point is it was a hard chance to take on his weaker left foot and like you mate I  can accept that he missed, it's part & parcel of football, show me a forward with a %100 conversion rate and I'll show you a club willing to pay 10000000 zillion billion $$$$$$$$$$$$.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #705: Apr 24, 2010 12:48:26 pm
      Glen isn't a defensive type of right back and people knew that before he arrived so with him being upfield sometimes, somebody should be sitting back to cover the gap left behind by him when he's tracking back or attacking with the ball but more often than not that doesn't actually happen. If it does then its likely to be Carragher and sorry but he's far to clumsy against tricky wingers. I think its safe to say though to be honest that Kyrgiakos was definitely in position but he failed to get closer to Forlan and simply left him unmarked with the opportunity of 2 or 3 attempts at goal before it finally went into the net.

Kyrgiakos was out of position because Carragher had to move across to cover for Johnson. Which means Agger should have tucked in as well.

Johnson is an attacking fullback, but that doesn't mean that he is relieved from defensive duties. Look at the 2 best fullbacks in this league: Evra and Cole. Both can defend and attack. Rarely do either of them get caught out as badly as Johnson did yesterday.

The whole of the defense would have been in a better shape to deal with the threat if Johnson had been in line with, or at least closer to, the rest of the back 4.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #706: Apr 24, 2010 01:31:17 pm
      Eem i referred to age because you made a reference to me being a child when i was debating with you about football. You brought it up not me. I've no problem talking football with you I was just reacting to a comment you, made you didn't call me childish you said I was a child. I'm a 29 year old adult so obviously it pisses me off to be referred to by anyone as a child. Anyway it is forgotten about now.

I referred to Opta last week which according to stats Johnson is the second best defender in England after Cole ya he is ahead of Evra who is also on the list. If people think opta is sh*te they should look at the eight on it and they will probably agree they are the best in England. F**k me not one well done to Glen I think sometimes people forget he is a Liverpool player.

Johnson is going to get caught out of position as he is an attacking full back as is Alves as is Maicon as is Evra as is Cole. When a move breaks down they are hardly expected to be there straight away. F**k me if that is the case we should tell Johnson to never attack and never cross the half way line. Surely that is what we are playing 2 defensive midfielders to cover attacking full backs. Where were Lucas or Masch if that is the case. It is ludicrous blaming Johnson for that goal which was down to poor marking by Kyrgiakos.
      redcraig
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts | 14 
      Reply #707: Apr 24, 2010 01:39:36 pm
      In every game every week goals are scored because players get dragged out of position for whatever reason. Sometimes players push further up the park to support an attack and we create a chance. Sometimes players push up the park to support an attack, it breaks down and the player has to fight to get back in position. It just so happened that they scored from it. I don't think Johnson's positional sense is any different to other similar full backs who like to get forward like Alves. It's part of our already limited attacking tactics for Johnson to get forward.

Rather than lambasting players for the goal Atletico scored I wouold be more concerned that against a team who were really poor considering this was a semi final home leg for them and who created only 2 or 3 chances that we created very very little and at times really struggled to hold on to the ball. That, in my opinion is why we were beaten.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #708: Apr 24, 2010 01:51:34 pm
      I referred to Opta last week which according to stats Johnson is the second best defender in England after Cole ya he is ahead of Evra who is also on the list. If people think opta is sh*te they should look at the eight on it and they will probably agree they are the best in England. F**k me not one well done to Glen I think sometimes people forget he is a Liverpool player.

Johnson is going to get caught out of position as he is an attacking full back as is Alves as is Maicon as is Evra as is Cole. When a move breaks down they are hardly expected to be there straight away. F**k me if that is the case we should tell Johnson to never attack and never cross the half way line. Surely that is what we are playing 2 defensive midfielders to cover attacking full backs. Where were Lucas or Masch if that is the case. It is ludicrous blaming Johnson for that goal which was down to poor marking by Kyrgiakos.

Poor marking by Kyrgiakos, yes, but it's also poor positioning by Johnson. You can't possibly think that Johnson can take no blame for the goal, that would be ludicrous.

Glen gets plenty of praise for his attacking play. He is breathtaking going forward and is arguably our most potent attacking threat from wide positions. He is not very good defensively. That is a fact.

Opta Stats don't mean squat. They cannot tell you that Johnson was a mile out of position in the build up to this goal.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #709: Apr 24, 2010 01:55:57 pm
      In every game every week goals are scored because players get dragged out of position for whatever reason. Sometimes players push further up the park to support an attack and we create a chance. Sometimes players push up the park to support an attack, it breaks down and the player has to fight to get back in position. It just so happened that they scored from it. I don't think Johnson's positional sense is any different to other similar full backs who like to get forward like Alves. It's part of our already limited attacking tactics for Johnson to get forward.

Rather than lambasting players for the goal Atletico scored I wouold be more concerned that against a team who were really poor considering this was a semi final home leg for them and who created only 2 or 3 chances that we created very very little and at times really struggled to hold on to the ball. That, in my opinion is why we were beaten.

Agreed mate some tend to over complicate things when the glaringly obvious is right in front of them,  our midfield did not create anywhere near enough chances for us to go on and win the game a goal conceded can be over come if you are controlling the game and creating chances, something which we weren't.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #710: Apr 24, 2010 01:58:32 pm
      How much of a F***ing cheat is reyes by the way?

Never off the flor holding his face/ankle/shin/arse the rest of them were no better. Thank F**k i dont have to go to Spanish games every week and watch a load of F***ing tossers screaming in agony after their alice band gets snapped

F**k off. We'll dick you at Anfield you set of tw*ts
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #711: Apr 24, 2010 03:51:12 pm
      I'm not having a go at Lucas, it's you turning it into a Lucas Leiva debate mate, all I said was our midfield "Collectively" were sh*te and I stand by that, no blaming individuals, but if you want to put words into my mouth and say I'm "Solely" blaming Lucas, knock yourself out kid, your only making yourself look a fool as its in black & white over the last few pages exactly what I have said about our "Whole" midfield not turning up.

No mate, sorry. I talked about Carra, Pepe, Gerrard, Johnson, Sotis, Kuyt and Ngog to create more debate and express how i feel.

I would suggest your turning this into a Lucas debate once again as you only seem to point out my posts on Lucas which is evident through you cutting out and quoting parts of my posts that contain Lucas and leaving any reference to other players out.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #712: Apr 24, 2010 06:24:13 pm
      No mate, sorry. I talked about Carra, Pepe, Gerrard, Johnson, Sotis, Kuyt and Ngog to create more debate and express how i feel.

I would suggest your turning this into a Lucas debate once again as you only seem to point out my posts on Lucas which is evident through you cutting out and quoting parts of my posts that contain Lucas and leaving any reference to other players out.

Lmao....what I'm ponting to is you saying what about Kuyts miss ? Is Lucas to Blame for that  and Johnsons miss Is that Lucas's fault too ? or what ever words to that effect "you used", but I'm not going to get drawn into a childish little argument with you mate, when it's there in black & white and its glaringy obvious who brought Lucas to the table.

Quick Reply