Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Atletico Madrid 1-0 Liverpool - In-game and post-match

Read 52200 times
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Re: Atletico Madrid 1-0 Liverpool - In-game and post-match
      Reply #713: Apr 25, 2010 01:02:37 am
      Lmao....what I'm ponting to is you saying what about Kuyts miss ? Is Lucas to Blame for that  and Johnsons miss Is that Lucas's fault too ? or what ever words to that effect "you used", but I'm not going to get drawn into a childislittle argument with you mate, when it's there in black & white and its glaringy obvious who brought Lucas to the table.
      This is not a blame thread.Lucas does what he's told to do.He is a fringe player and has to produce his worth game by game.The "spine players" are usually automatically selected on status rather than performance,game by game.For me the manager now has to grow some b*llocks,the next two weeks will determine our future.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #714: Apr 25, 2010 01:14:37 am
      This is not a blame thread.Lucas does what he's told to do.He is a fringe player and has to produce his worth game by game.The "spine players" are usually automatically selected on status rather than performance,game by game.For me the manager now has to grow some b*llocks,the next two weeks will determine our future.
      How can you call Lucas a fringe player ? A fringe player is a player that is in the squad but struggles to get a game like El Zhar... I have to agree with RedLfc on this one !
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #715: Apr 25, 2010 02:19:37 am
      Kyrgiakos was out of position because Carragher had to move across to cover for Johnson. Which means Agger should have tucked in as well.

Johnson is an attacking fullback, but that doesn't mean that he is relieved from defensive duties. Look at the 2 best fullbacks in this league: Evra and Cole. Both can defend and attack. Rarely do either of them get caught out as badly as Johnson did yesterday.

The whole of the defense would have been in a better shape to deal with the threat if Johnson had been in line with, or at least closer to, the rest of the back 4.

Kyrgiakos didn't sit in enough to cover the gap so therefore he didn't do his job correctly because Forlan was left unmarked in the CENTRE where Kyrgiakos was. Why mark space where there is a player in the area, yes Johnson should have been in position but it's not his fault that Kyrgiakos can't man mark Forlan.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #716: Apr 25, 2010 05:41:22 am
      The day i accept mediocre is the way forward, will be the day that i may as well be done with football.

We might as well not turn up next season if thats the attitude, and unfortunately its an attitude thats dogged not just fans but the manager and players alike.

Its not like we are talking 10 years of constant mediocrity here is it?

The owners will hopefully bugger off and this will all be a footnote in history hopefully. But i cant accept that our manager - and some of our best players have given up, thats what hurts the most. In any normal circumstances tonight would be a good result, but take in consideration the opposition and the season we've had and its bollocks. yeah we may go through next round, hopefully they'll be poor enough that we can grab the victory, but too many times, especially this year we rely on the opposition or others to propell ourselves forward, and although our squad is thin, its much better than its showing and the manager is much better than he's showing.

Again my beef is with those that have come to accept this as the norm and then pee all over those who are unhappy with the result, not the whoppers who tell Rafa to eff himself or insult the man, im talking supporters with genuine concern, its actually more disheartening to me to read peoples acceptance of where we are. me i find that hard to stomach. It may not be my cup of tea all the time but Rafa had us going in a positive direction, a direction that seems like another life now.

I hope this summer answers a lot of questions and we can move on.

Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #717: Apr 25, 2010 09:12:13 am
      Kyrgiakos didn't sit in enough to cover the gap so therefore he didn't do his job correctly because Forlan was left unmarked in the CENTRE where Kyrgiakos was. Why mark space where there is a player in the area, yes Johnson should have been in position but it's not his fault that Kyrgiakos can't man mark Forlan.

It's not his fault Kyrgiakos couldn't mark Forlan, true. And I gave Kyrgiakos, Carragher, Agger and Johnson all their fair share of the blame.

But that cross should never have come in, and it's Johnson's fault that it did.

Quick Reply