Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Chelsea websites verdict on us

Read 2422 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Chelsea websites verdict on us
      Jun 08, 2007 08:03:35 pm
      Found this on another site and thought it would be a good idea to show you what chelsea think of our tital chances next season and for us to take a look at our rivals for next season.

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=68923

Man Utd

They look like they will be strong again next season. Already strengthened by signing Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves, for a total of about £50 million, doesn't look like they can afford anymore big signings, just another striker maybe. But after you look past there first team then they don't really have any strength in depth, so if they get any injuries next season then they could be out of the title race.

Verdict: Another strong push for the title, but if they get a few injuries they could be in trouble.

Arsenal

To me they look like a sinking ship, Henry probably going, if Wenger goes then so does the rest of there team, no money either. Another 4th place finish.

Verdict: Another trophyless season for the Gunners

Chelsea

Going to be another title push from them, a lot of strength in depth and going to sign big again this summer. Can't see them going off the rails and push right to the end.

Verdict: Another good season for the Chavs.

Thats what I think will be happening next season with our title rivals and we can challenge every one of them. Your thoughts?
      « Last Edit: Jun 10, 2007 06:24:46 pm by koolkidda, Reason: Title changed »
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Re: Tital rivals for next season
      Reply #1: Jun 08, 2007 10:08:28 pm
      What a bunch of w@nkers them Chelsea fans are if it wasnt for Roman theyed be nowhere to be seen.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #2: Jun 08, 2007 10:58:36 pm
      irritating bas**rds have even pissed roman off.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #3: Jun 09, 2007 03:56:59 pm
      Full of sh*te are the chavs.I think it looks like a three way battle to me.Arsenal are out of the picture,no money,no Henry?No Wenger?
      Chavski and the urinals have strengthened well,we need to sign at least 3/4 quality players to take us to the next level to bring that league title back home where it belongs.
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #4: Jun 09, 2007 04:54:08 pm
      We don't have rivals if we don't spend this summer....
      I'm sorry to say this but i think we all know that we need quality, Carragher has said this himself after a LOSED game in the prem when he was interviewed after the Man Utd defeat at home when we had run the game only to switch off and lose to that fluke goal by O'Shea. the interviewer asked what liverpool needed and he said as he had to hold back his frustrationand anger.....  decent new players was his reply and it is as simple as that...

We have missed out on; (whether they are our targets are not) ,,,,,why do we never pick up players that are good and on the market;

Pizarro, Hargreaves, Viduka, barton, Ribery, Nani, Anderson, we are not going to get Eto'o, what ever happend to being on the forefront rather then on the back foot.

i have read Pablo Ibanez is talking to Everton, it was not long ago he was Rafa's target as a center half, he has been integral to Athleticos' defense this year as they have the joint 3rd best defensive record and he has been playing well for Spain over the last 3 years, what happend with this player and a bid.

Can anyone tell me why Ryan Babel would chose Arsenal over Liverpool just another winger with great quality who would be cheaper option. Why are we never in the frame not that we want a player like babel but that the type of situation I'm trying to describe.

Take L. Guily from  Barca hes available on the market as reports say he is 80 % leaving Barca, why aren't we looking at him or even  an attractive option for him, its juts that we seem to have work hard to convince players to come here at the moment...
      Another player we should have been in the market for is Klose, why cant we even get near players that aren't even the very best but would have been a good addition to the squad... you do have to start thinking to yourself ....

WHATS GOING ON AT LIVERPOOL :o  rivals , we have plenty but i do fear for us unless we get a striker who just hits the net and a center half,  i mean we can really reply on.  x2 wingers would be good and a creative player who can play on each flank and cover for Finnan.

RIVALS WE WILL NOT NEED THEM IF WE DONT IMPROVE THE SQUAD AND THE PLAYING 11.. END OF

good post if i say so  myself samcharles :D :D :D :D :D
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #5: Jun 09, 2007 05:12:00 pm
       good post samcharles.............w hy does the club hesitate  to go to first class wanted players immediately   like simao,malouda,eto, etc etc ,,,,,,hope i am wrong but if we don't move now it will be another 3rd and 4th placing seoson
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #6: Jun 09, 2007 07:27:30 pm
      There will be no tittle at Anfield next year so this is a dud topic. We will not sign the top players and will not be as good as Man Ure or Chavski. Hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am!
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #7: Jun 10, 2007 12:50:39 pm
      There will be no tittle at Anfield next year so this is a dud topic. We will not sign the top players and will not be as good as Man Ure or Chavski. Hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am!

Blimey, thats what i call pessimistic, I'll wait and see who we buy 1st before i'll comment on a title race
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #8: Jun 10, 2007 01:50:45 pm
      My pessimistic view is born from the local press saying we will not have the funds to buy players of the caliber of Tevez, Henry or Eto. I fear if we cannot move in these kind of circles we will not be able to challenge Man Ure or Chavski. Today the talk is of Man Ure bidding to sign Tevez and Liverpool bidding for Forlan. Like I said I do hope I'm wrong but I don't think the money that we are expecting to be put up for transfers will be there.
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #9: Jun 10, 2007 04:52:55 pm
      Crazy horse good post.

At the moment the summer spending that should be straight forward has been blown up into a f***ing side show.

Typical newspapers but we cant blame them for media interest and the gossip, so of which is always true.

Liverpool are just f***ing crap at getting more than 2 or even 3 good players in, in one whole summer spree, lets face it.

Its  same old crap every summer  (wait until we can re- build is what everyone  mutters)

Every LFC fan says LETS SEE.

THIS IS WHAT OCCURS, WE fu*k the league campaign by september Oh ! well lets see what the summer brings.

Same old story, for the first time in ages we have a fairly settled squad with a great manager who aggressively wants to be the best and take club forward and its now or never that we really need big squad investment to go alongside filling the so called great new stadium.

we can go on pinching  the odd trophies and being there or there abouts but this has to move on if we want to challenge, and please all of you just ask yourself even if the following lot did sign contracts, don't be fooled that will and can change just like that.....

ALONSO, GERRARD, REINA, SISSOKO, KUYT ETC.. IS GOING TO WANT TO STAY IF THE SAME OLD CRAP IS BEING PLANNED EVERY YEAR IF ONY FOR EMPTY PROMISES, IT DOESNT MATTER IF THEY HAVE SIGNED CONTRACTS THEY WILL ALL GO SOON ENOUGH IF THE ACTIONS DONT SPEAK LOUDER THAN CRAPPY WORD AND MARK MY WORD BENITEZ WILL GO SOON IF HE DOESNT GET IT HIS WAY....... HOW ELSE WILLL MANAGE THIS CLUB LIKE HE CAN (Caps lock off - Mods)
      « Last Edit: Jun 10, 2007 06:24:16 pm by koolkidda, Reason: A million commas removed and some semblance of English language restored. »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Chelsea websites verdict on us
      Reply #10: Jun 10, 2007 08:17:14 pm
      My pessimistic view is born from the local press saying we will not have the funds to buy players of the caliber of Tevez, Henry or Eto. I fear if we cannot move in these kind of circles we will not be able to challenge Man Ure or Chavski. Today the talk is of Man Ure bidding to sign Tevez and Liverpool bidding for Forlan. Like I said I do hope I'm wrong but I don't think the money that we are expecting to be put up for transfers will be there.

I'm beginning to feel the same I'm afraid. The way things are going at the moment we are just gonna have third or fourth place rivals.
      There's no doubting if Rafa had the choice between Tevez or Forlan, I'm sure he'd be choosing Tevez. So it speaks volumes where the problem stems from.
      If the money is supposed to be there, why are we not going for the best players that would make winning the prem next season a little less harder!! Third and second choice players will not bring us the prem. It's already been proven.
      Yazan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #11: Jun 10, 2007 08:40:57 pm
      people, I heard that we are moving for Sevilla's Kanoute.. what do you think?>
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #12: Jun 10, 2007 08:44:28 pm
      I'm beginning to feel the same I'm afraid. The way things are going at the moment we are just gonna have third or fourth place rivals.
      There's no doubting if Rafa had the choice between Tevez or Forlan, I'm sure he'd be choosing Tevez. So it speaks volumes where the problem stems from.
      If the money is supposed to be there, why are we not going for the best players that would make winning the prem next season a little less harder!! Third and second choice players will not bring us the prem. It's already been proven.
      I've been feeling like that for days seeing man u make signings only made things worse it seems like we're gonna miss out on a lot of our targets we can beat anybody on the day but don't have the squad to be consistent through a whole season
      vince
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #13: Jun 10, 2007 08:50:38 pm
      i think if we can improve are form against the other contenders and get a good start we can be strong challengers i know we were way of this year but we had a great defense and home record our start and away defeats sapped our confiedents
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #14: Jun 10, 2007 09:17:46 pm
      I actually think what that Chelsea fella wrote on us was fairly accurate. Lets not cusre him out just because he is a chelsea fan......he made alot of correct points. We have consistently missed out on top quality, world respected players year in year out. In the past this didn''t matter so much because you could always find diamonds with our extensive scouting system or with the allure of the Anfield legacy....but today is about money...cold hard dirty cash.

We.....as has been made earlier, are getting close to really messing up this transfer season.....the disatisfaction amongst Liverpool fans might lead to the board just making some aquisitions just to apease us.....God I hope not.

This whole takeover business is losing its gloss...the honeymoon is over and we need positive action....they have to spend money and keep rafa happy.....really wouldn't be surprised  if he leaves if this keeps up....he stayed on the promise of improvement.....Forlan, Bent, and Pederson are not good enough.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #15: Jun 10, 2007 10:07:23 pm
      I've been feeling like that for days seeing man u make signings only made things worse it seems like we're gonna miss out on a lot of our targets we can beat anybody on the day but don't have the squad to be consistent through a whole season

Can't debate that Lester. Summed up my feelings exactly.
      And you're bang on the money saying the honeymoon period is over with the take over, in your last post. Like a few people have said on here and hearing it from mates, that there will probably be transfer movement when La Liga ends. That's a fair assumption. But do all the best players available play in La Liga?
      Surely we should be having some "decent" transfer news at this point in time if we want to have title rivals next season...
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #16: Jun 10, 2007 10:14:30 pm
      I reckon a lot of people are getting pessimistic too soon. I'm not saying we're definately going to get it right in the transfer market this summer, but so far we haven't got it wrong. There aren't any players yet that we've made a serious attempt to sign & they've gone elsewhere. Just because there's nothing in the news doesn't mean there's nothing going on. Mr Hicks has said that a top signing is coming to Anfield shortly, he is an experienced businessman and  knows the consequences of that turning out to be a lie, I believe him that someone's on their way. Considering a lot of our targets are undoubtedly going to be in La Liga, to expect any major activity now is unreasonable. I for one believe that work is going on behind the scenes, people quite rightly slated Parry for naming Simao as a target, and I wouldn't expect the club to publicise any ongoing negotiations.

Until we actually start losing out on targets to other clubs I won't be getting too concerned.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #17: Jun 10, 2007 10:33:22 pm
      I reckon a lot of people are getting pessimistic too soon. I'm not saying we're definately going to get it right in the transfer market this summer, but so far we haven't got it wrong. There aren't any players yet that we've made a serious attempt to sign & they've gone elsewhere. Just because there's nothing in the news doesn't mean there's nothing going on. Mr Hicks has said that a top signing is coming to Anfield shortly, he is an experienced businessman and  knows the consequences of that turning out to be a lie, I for one believe him that someone's on their way. Considering a lot of our targets are undoubtedly going to be in La Liga, to expect any major activity now is unreasonable. I for one believe that work is going on behind the scenes, people quite rightly slated Parry for naming Simao as a target, and I wouldn't expect the club to publicise any ongoing negotiations.

Until we actually start losing out on targets to other clubs I won't be getting too concerned.

I'm a beaming ray of sunshine!!! Got a proper tan today! ;D

Fair enough. I'm trying not being pessimistic. It's probaly more impatience. And regards to the thread, I'm desperate to have title rivals next season. Been FAR too long!! I've said before I believe we've got a lot in place to win the league. And it's obvious what we need to be more consitant - deadly striker, two quality wingers.
      The more time goes on without no action then it's easy to slip into the thought of "are we gonna have to settle for second best again".
      I'm certainly not having a dig at the new owners. It's far too early for that. But the dust has settled in regards to G&H for me. I'm just waiting in excitment and hope, for the money to be put where the mouth is.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #18: Jun 11, 2007 10:52:15 am
      I don't read the national press, I have never had a very high opinion of them. But I make no apology for my pessimism when my Echo drops though my door with this plastered all over the back page.

Forlan is new Anfield target
      Jun 9 2007
      by Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

RAFA BENITEZ is considering a swoop for former Manchester United striker Diego Forlan or Real Zaragoza’s Diego Milito as he revises his striking targets according to his budget restrictions.

While the feverish speculation has focused on high profile signings such as Barcelona’s Samuel Eto’o or West Ham’s Carlos Tevez, Benitez has concluded he doesn’t have the funds required to operate in that end of the transfer market.

Now his scouts have drawn up a list of alternative forwards costing in the region of £16-£18m, which would still be club record fees, with Uruguayan Forlan and Argentinian Milito heading the possibilities.

Milito, 27, the older brother of one time target Gabriel Milito, has scored 33 goals in 71 games in Spain. Barcelona have also been tracking him.

Forlan wasn’t considered a success during his time at Old Trafford, but he’s excelled in La Liga at Villarreal where he averages a goal every two games.

He has an exit clause of around 24m euros.

Most of Benitez’s budget this summer, as in previous years, would appear to coming from player sales and Champions League winnings.

He’s hoping to raise as much as £15m from selling Craig Bellamy and Harry Kewell.

Although he’s received assurances from the new owners he will be supported, he’s still not been told exactly how much he can spend.

He’s still awaiting the green light to move for Roma winger Allessandro Mancini, while the deal to bring Florent Malouda to Anfield has been ongoing for some time.

With the manager keen to make recruitments as soon as possible, he’s no intention of pursuing a seemingly futile chase for the player he’d really like – Eto’o – in the continued absence of any suggestion he could afford the African.

In relative terms, signing a striker costing £16m will eclipse most of the Premiership, but Liverpool fans may be disappointed the kitty doesn’t appear to be in place to make the signing which would be the real signal of intent in the pursuit of United and Chelsea.

Unless the club’s American owners are more specific on what Benitez can afford, he’ll continue to monitor his alternative list of strike targets.

On a more positive note, Benitez is thrilled to have secured so many key players on longer term deals.

Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Pepe Reina, Momo Sissoko and Steve Finnan have made it a busy week.

“It was a priority to secure the future of players already here who represent the future of the club,” said Benitez.

“Now we need look at our other options. We have sent out a positive message by signing these players on longer deals. We knew it was important to keep the spine of our team together.”

The problem here is Chris Bascombe is a reporter that I trust and wouldn't pen a piece like this unless he thought it to have some real substance.

Quick Reply