Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Steven Gerrard
      (55.6%)
      Pepe Reina
      (3%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (0%)
      Alberto Aquilani
      (36.4%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (5.1%)

Burnley 0-4 Liverpool - In-game and post-match

Read 32110 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Re: Burnley 0-4 Liverpool - In-game and post-match
      Reply #437: Apr 25, 2010 10:01:21 pm
      It was Burnley lads. although 4 goals is great for the confidence next thursday, and the 3 points were vital. Didn't post motm as I haven't seen the game yet. Am looking forward to motd tonight, if for nothing more that to hear the tw*ts right us off once again.
      Good to hear from the other posts that Aquilani is coming  good. Always thought he was a talented player, lets hope he gets a run to the end of the season now.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #438: Apr 25, 2010 10:02:05 pm
      Footy First at 10 on Sky Sports 1, give that a butches if you can't be arsed with Match Of The Day and their "highlights". Gonna give Footy First a look meself as I've only got the radio's commentary to go on.

By the sounds of that though, we did alright. Who the F**k am I kidding? Alright? We were a F***ing beast. Thank F**k the fire hasn't gone completely. That's just the sort of confidence boost we needed ahead of Thursday. Athletico won't be able to cope with us on Thursday.

I couldn't care less if "it was only Burnley", it's still three F***ing points and three points I'll be celebrating like mad. Love it when the Reds win, makes the rest of the day so much happier. Means I'm not sulking which is always a good thing for me. Very, very chuffed tonight. And will be more so after actually seeing the goals.

One very, very happy Red here.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #439: Apr 25, 2010 11:21:23 pm
      Another happy red waiting to see motd highlights. Oh and the full replay at 12 tonight on LFCTV. This might sound odd but looking forward to seeing how Ayala got on. Conspiracy waffle starting for the Chelsea game already
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #440: Apr 25, 2010 11:31:18 pm
      Just seen the highlights, looked like a comfortable match. Great goals too ;D Especially Gerrard's 2nd :o

Well in lads.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #441: Apr 25, 2010 11:34:18 pm
      Just seen the highlights, looked like a comfortable match. Great goals too ;D Especially Gerrard's 2nd :o

Well in lads.

Noticed both Stevie's goals came it at both bottom corners ;D

I think the interesting point was Aquilani playing a part in the first three goals.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #442: Apr 25, 2010 11:46:59 pm
      Nice to see a wonder ball by Maxi then Aqua slipped and the burnley fans cheered but then Gerrard smashed it and they were in awe

Loved it!
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #443: Apr 25, 2010 11:55:29 pm
      Unable to watch today's match.  :f_wah: due to family issues.  However caught replay and watched a combination of 30 minutes or so.   What I saw was spectacular. They moved the ball well kept it deep in Burnleys end and just attacked all match long.  Gerrard w/ (2) goals in 6 minutes was very Impressive. I liked how they passed and they looked good.

I dont know what to think about a top 4 finish.  Chelsea are red hot and just destroyed Stoke so it going to be a tough climb.  What sucks is having to rely on other teams and knowing that it doesnt rest in our hands.  I know we need the remaining 6 points for sure and that still doesnt guarantee anything, so I look forward to Chelsea and Hull and Europa.

One thing I noticed is a lot of haters on here at the moment.Misc.posts all talking about giving it to Chelsea just to beat Man U..If Chelsea come in and beat us and win the league then they deserve it and good for them.  But I refuse to think that any true Red will just lay down so Chelsea beats United.  I disagree with that philosophy 100%.  If United get 19 because we beat Chelsea then so be it. We had our chances and WE fu**ed UP. This team did not play good enough to win the title and thats that.  But to lay down, sh*t 3 points and celebrate for Chelsea...F**k that!  If Chelsea want it that bad they need to beat Liverpool Football on OUR ground, at Anfield. The saying "Anyone but United" goes only so far.  If they want it they earn it. Case closed.

Lets get the next 6 points fight for the 4 spot and see where it ends up.  I think a Europa Cup title in this season can be a great boost for a team which was expected to win it all. But sh*t happens and hopefully we/ll be talking league title in 12 months time.
      shaunchef
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 746 posts | 11 
      • JFT96 YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #444: Apr 25, 2010 11:58:37 pm
      Great win and i had 4-0 on the prediction league, wonder what the odds where at the bookies
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #445: Apr 26, 2010 12:45:43 am
      Things that pleased me today

Stevie getting a brace
      Maxi getting his first
      Babel getting 1
      Aqualani playing and playing well
      Ayala playing and doing well
      Pacheco getting a run
      Winning 4 nil

Things that disappointed me today

Missing the first 35 minutes due to family commitments
      MsGerrard
      Reply #446: Apr 26, 2010 12:51:06 am
      No need to worry Brian, you didn't miss much in the first half at all.

And I'd agree with everything you said there  :)

Good as well to see Aquilani getting so many assists as well, I've said it before and I'll say it again, you won't see the best of Aquilani until next season, but if today is a starter then I can't wait for the main course  ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #447: Apr 26, 2010 12:52:59 am
      Anyone got links to the goals as missed highlights?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #448: Apr 26, 2010 12:54:10 am
      quote author=MsGerrard link=topic=29484.msg648712#msg648712 date=1272239466]
      Good as well to see Aquilani getting so many assists as well, I've said it before and I'll say it again, you won't see the best of Aquilani until next season, but if today is a starter then I can't wait for the main course  ;)
      [/quote]

Yep if he stays/not sold I think 12 months from now well be well pleased with our little Italian
      MsGerrard
      Reply #449: Apr 26, 2010 12:55:22 am
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #450: Apr 26, 2010 02:13:14 am
      Highlight of this match. Stevies second goal. Not for Maxis glorious pass. Not for Alberto falling on his arse. Not even for the goal itself. . . But for the way the cheers shifted from Burnley fans laughing to Liverpool celebrations. Fantastic. Pun.
      asparagus
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | -8 
      Reply #451: Apr 26, 2010 02:25:21 am
      Aquilani should be in the starting line next Thursday. You could see the difference he has made to the team play. But on Thursday, I can guarantee Rafa won't start Aqua. I just don't understand why he doesn't get how much of an important player he is for us! Not as much a goalscorer, but definitely a superb provider! Fed up saying that Aquilani and Babel should always start.But im sure that against Atletico there will be Lucas again!! Rafa please change your tactics
      asparagus
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | -8 
      Reply #452: Apr 26, 2010 05:20:27 am
      so....no Lucas anbd no Ngog and we smash 4 more.....remember Portsmouth..Aquilani starts, 4 goals.....come on Rafa...drop Lucas and Ngogfor good and start aquilani every game and we' might just get a trophy this season. Great result but once again the question has to asked of rafa...why not pick this team every game?
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #453: Apr 26, 2010 08:13:34 am
      Shocking first half and a couple of Burnley assaults on our goal early in the 2nd half had me wondering what was going on.

Then Kuyt coming off for Benayoun and Steven Gerrard coming alive and suddenly we were a different side. Of course some observers have been bagging Gerrard for much of the season, and by his own admission he has been disappointing this season. 

The big factor for me is the dropping of Lucas. Gerrard naturally drops back into central positions when Lucas is not there and starts pulling the strings. he starts getting his foot on the ball, and starts gaining in confidence. In this mood he comes forward and looks more confident. In this mood, he again becomes a goal threat.

I would love to see us stick with this set up and play only one of Mascherano/Lucas, not both. I know Lucas lovers will be up in arms, but it is time to face the truth and the two defensive mids tactic has not worked this season. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #454: Apr 26, 2010 11:51:34 am
      Things that pleased me today

Stevie getting a brace
      Maxi getting his first
      Babel getting 1
      Aqualani playing and playing well
      Ayala playing and doing well
      Pacheco getting a run
      Winning 4 nil

Things that disappointed me today

Missing the first 35 minutes due to family commitments

With you Brian. Lots of positives.

I also missed the first 35 coincidentally.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #455: Apr 26, 2010 03:04:03 pm
      Only just been able to see ten minutes of highlights, so can't really have a say on much.

But what I did see was (again) some slack defending. How opposition players are getting so much space in our box for free headers, is bewildering. This has got to be improved on one way or another because it's simply happened too much this season.

Gerrards second goal was a gem and it was great to see him knocking two in. Well in our captain! Great to see Maxi slot one in and for Babel to get on the scoresheet again this season. Also lovely to see some nice balls being played from midfield from the likes of Aquilani and Lucas.

higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #456: Apr 26, 2010 03:05:50 pm
      Loved the fact that the burnley crowd let out an almighty roar when aqualani slipped only for gerrard to run in and score a peach! That shut them up quite quickly  :laugh:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #457: Apr 26, 2010 03:19:54 pm
      Was at the airport so had to rely on text updates for the game.

A good result away from home.  We haven't had too many of those this season.

Helped the goal difference which may be worth a place or two come the final day.  4th is clearly out our hands and could practically be all over before we even face Chelsea.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #458: Apr 26, 2010 04:46:24 pm
      Aquilani should be in the starting line next Thursday. You could see the difference he has made to the team play. But on Thursday, I can guarantee Rafa won't start Aqua. I just don't understand why he doesn't get how much of an important player he is for us! Not as much a goalscorer, but definitely a superb provider! Fed up saying that Aquilani and Babel should always start.But im sure that against Atletico there will be Lucas again!! Rafa please change your tactics
      I have a feeling Aquilani will start...
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #459: Apr 26, 2010 05:25:06 pm
      How funny is it

They all cheer when Aqualiani is on the floor and then gerrard smashes that ball and they are like ohhh were down now :(

Great

Quick Reply