Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Jonjo Shelvey (Liverpool -> Swansea)

Read 160145 times
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Jonjo Shelvey (Liverpool -> Swansea)
      Apr 25, 2010 11:36:49 pm
      Reds line-up Shelvey deal
      Liverpool are set to win the race to sign Charlton starlet Jonjo Shelvey, skysports.com understands.

The 18-year-old midfielder has long been touted as one of the finest young prospects in England.

He has previously turned down Chelsea's overtures, whilst Tottenham, Arsenal and West Ham are also known to have been keen on securing his services.

However, skysports.com now understands that Liverpool have indeed won the battle for his services.

Despite the ongoing uncertainty at Anfield over boss Rafa Benitez and the club's owners, they have managed to seal a deal for Shelvey.

It is understood that the teenager will travel to Merseyside early next week to undergo a medical before completing a summer switch.

Shelvey will finish the season with Charlton, who he still hopes to guide back into the Championship.

The 18-year-old has long been touted as one of the finest young prospects in England.

He has previously turned down Chelsea's overtures, whilst Tottenham, Arsenal and West Ham are also known to have been keen on securing his services.

However, skysports.com now understands that Liverpool have indeed won the battle for his services.

Despite the ongoing uncertainty at Anfield, over boss Rafa Benitez and the club's owners, they look to have managed to seal a deal for Shelvey.

It is understood that the teenager will travel to Merseyside early next week to undergo a medical - before a summer switch.

Shelvey will finish the season with Charlton, who he still hopes to help back into the Championship.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6116529,00.html

I haven't seen this lad but he sounds exciting shows we are now starting to target the best young talents in England
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2015 06:24:21 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Re: Jonjo Shelvey-Charlton
      Reply #1: Apr 25, 2010 11:39:05 pm
      Good deal  :gt-happyup:
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #2: Apr 25, 2010 11:46:04 pm
      Liverpool are set to win the race to sign Charlton starlet Jonjo Shelvey, skysports.com understands.

The 18-year-old midfielder has long been touted as one of the finest young prospects in England.

Despite the ongoing uncertainty at Anfield over boss Rafa Benitez and the club's owners, they have managed to seal a deal for Shelvey.

It is understood that the teenager will travel to Merseyside early next week to undergo a medical before completing a summer switch.

Shelvey will finish the season with Charlton, who he still hopes to guide back into the Championship.

The 18-year-old has long been touted as one of the finest young prospects in England.

Despite the ongoing uncertainty at Anfield, over boss Rafa Benitez and the club's owners, they look to have managed to seal a deal for Shelvey.

It is understood that the teenager will travel to Merseyside early next week to undergo a medical - before a summer switch.

Shelvey will finish the season with Charlton, who he still hopes to help back into the Championship.

I haven't seen this lad but he sounds exciting shows we are now starting to target the best young talents in England

H

Link?
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #3: Apr 25, 2010 11:52:10 pm
      SkySports site I copied and pasted that directly off there site.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #4: Apr 26, 2010 12:41:00 am
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6116529,00.html is the link for anyone interested.  Has anyone seen him play before or for that matter have any information about him?
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #5: Apr 26, 2010 12:47:52 am
      Has anyone seen him play before or for that matter have any information about him?

Dare I mention him being in the Stevie G mould....
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6: Apr 26, 2010 12:51:15 am
      Yet more signs that the best young talent in the country knows that our club is now the best youth system in the country
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #7: Apr 26, 2010 12:52:53 am
      Looks older than 18.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #8: Apr 26, 2010 12:56:40 am
      I don't think I ever watched him play, but he is a wonder kid on Football Manager 2010. I always sign him when I can!
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #9: Apr 26, 2010 01:18:56 am
      Dare I mention him being in the Stevie G mould....

I'm hard.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,056 posts | 2744 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #11: Apr 26, 2010 01:43:43 am
      Cant see us signing a top young lad from the London area. If hes that good Chelsea Spurs Arsenal will be in for him (especially Arsenal) so why would he move north to us?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #12: Apr 26, 2010 01:48:18 am
      Because there is a better chance of him developing in our system and actually getting to the first team if he is good enough
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #13: Apr 26, 2010 01:50:14 am
      Don't we have R.Bora ( something like that )

Our new scout who scouted likes of messi?

So i guess he sees something in this lad
      LiverpoolJay
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      • Never lose hope
      Reply #14: Apr 26, 2010 01:57:46 am

He's not been blessed with the best of looks ;D

My mate who's a charlton fan really rates this lad, he said if he goes he will cry. I have also seen some of his goal and they have been worldies. Its nice to see us finally looking for some British talent rather than the heavily focused spanish side we have. Good old Rodolfo
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #15: Apr 26, 2010 02:02:24 am
      Contrary to popular believe we have a lot of talented English players in our youth system. Makes no difference to me except for the quota ruling
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #16: Apr 26, 2010 03:19:20 am
      Because there is a better chance of him developing in our system and actually getting to the first team if he is good enough

Where do you get that from? Our youth system hasn't produced a quality first team regular since a certain Steven Gerrard in the late 90s.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #17: Apr 26, 2010 03:48:34 am
      Based on watching all of our youth and reserve games this year since i got LFCTV. Read the article i posted in the kop about it if your not convinced
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #18: Apr 26, 2010 10:48:45 am
      Should be a good shout. He's a top youngster.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Jonjo Shelvey (Charlton)
      Reply #19: Apr 26, 2010 11:25:13 am
      Where do you get that from? Our youth system hasn't produced a quality first team regular since a certain Steven Gerrard in the late 90s.
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=29478.msg647777#msg647777
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #20: Apr 26, 2010 01:14:23 pm
      Brilliant signing, if true. I have only watched him once or twice and have been very impressed by him. Also, i have read a lot of media reports about him and he always seems to recieve high praise. Another sign that this club is moving in the right direction.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,056 posts | 2744 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #21: Apr 26, 2010 02:06:45 pm

Really! Dont tell Pacheco/Nemeth/Amoo that
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #22: Apr 26, 2010 02:10:45 pm
      Really! Dont tell Pacheco/Nemeth/Amoo that

Doubt Pacheco would have many arguments. My point is made for the current crop of players we have been bringing into our youth team and how they will develop under Rodolfo and his team. See above link. Tired of people making the "Our youth policy doesn't work statement" when my arguments are based around how the system has been overhauled this season and how it will affect us in the future. Not how Nemeth, Amoo, Eccleston, Spearing or any of the players already in the Reserves this year will be affected by it

Quick Reply