Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

There seems to be a sudden influx of Man U fans...

Read 2162 times
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      There seems to be a sudden influx of Man U fans...
      Jun 09, 2007 05:10:12 pm
      Glory hunters?
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Re: There seems to be a sudden influx of Man U fans...
      Reply #1: Jun 09, 2007 05:29:31 pm
      i agree. it was like that with chelsea last year and the year before as well.

stupid glory hunters!!!

Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Jun 09, 2007 07:18:42 pm
      Soo true... The amount of people that wear Chelsea and Man Utd shirts around here just winds me up...

Cork City FC
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • Cork City FC - The Rebel Army
      Reply #3: Jun 09, 2007 08:59:44 pm
      At least they're wearing jersies from their own league.

In Ireland there's a load of people wearing Utd/Liverpool/Chelsea jerseys and recently Sunderland. It's quite frustrating especially when they start to bad mouth their own countries league. Most of em will only ever watch "their" team on the couch or on the pub. In Cork we call them barstoolers.
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #4: Jun 09, 2007 09:38:15 pm
      I support Oxford because they are my hometown club. I support them through thick and thin. People like glory hunters and as Cork put it "barstoolers" make me sick. You should support your club through everything. Not ditch them because some other club is doing well.

Anyway, if we win the league next season, suddenly we'll have a whole load of unwanted and unloyal fans :(
      Cork City FC
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #5: Jun 09, 2007 10:02:04 pm
      I support Oxford because they are my hometown club. I support them through thick and thin. People like glory hunters and as Cork put it "barstoolers" make me sick. You should support your club through everything. Not ditch them because some other club is doing well.

Anyway, if we win the league next season, suddenly we'll have a whole load of unwanted and unloyal fans :(
      I hate it aswell. They laugh at ya when you say you support the likes of Cork City/Derry City put when we play in the big Euro matches they're huge supporters. We played Red-Start Belgrade last year in the Champions League and it was sold out within a couple of hours (though we only had a capacity of 5,500 back then, we now have about 8,000).

Then in the next league match a lot of those people were no where to be seen. Granted we had about 4,000 it was a big match against Derry but, a lot of the people who were there were true fans who failed to get tickets for Belgrade.

And on the 30th of July we will play host to Sunderland for a friendly. The place will be crawling with barstooler Sunderland "fans". Imagine playing at home (well it's a game organized by our landlords so, it's technically a neutral game) and being outnumbered by a foreign team. It's the kind of thing that happens in Ireland.
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #6: Jun 09, 2007 10:06:15 pm
      Be content in the fact you're not a glory grabbing scumbag.
      Cork City FC
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #7: Jun 09, 2007 10:12:55 pm
      Be content in the fact you're not a glory grabbing scumbag.
      Well, a lot of fans start off that way. You know, they come to a big match, enjoy the atmosphere and come along to the next one. Now others are different. They come to a big match and wait for the next big one.

A lot of our fans think the best way to get people to support their local team is to get people who don't really have an interest in soccer/football to come along. It's just too hard to convert the "non-believers" (people who support foreign teams). I'd say I'd be more likely to get an English Liverpool fans to come along to a Cork City game with me than and Irish one.

Quick Reply