Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Liverpool FC Vs. Club Atlético de Madrid - Pre match thread

Read 19033 times
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Re: Liverpool FC Vs. Club Atlético de Madrid - Thursday 29th April; 20:05pm
      Reply #23: Apr 26, 2010 09:52:03 pm
      Ticket came this morning buzzing cant wait for this hope we attack from the get go dont think AM defense will be able to cope if we put them under pressure !! come on redmen YNWA
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #24: Apr 27, 2010 12:25:40 am
      Hugh, your on the internet right, try searching, Google, BBC, UEFA, I'm not having a go but come on.
      Thanks RP,but I was answering the question in my post
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #25: Apr 27, 2010 01:21:19 am
      My tickets came this morning too!

Cant wait- and im excited already! My first european game!!

Sitting Anny road end- 126, will be in full voice- and hoping im not the only one-
      12th man to help us to the final!!

Exciteddddd!!!!!!!!!!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #26: Apr 27, 2010 01:34:32 am
      Hope Aquilani starts this ;D

The team and especially Steven Gerrard could do with a player like Aquilani around him.
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #27: Apr 27, 2010 01:42:59 am
      I share your hopes Adryan,but it will hardly happen imo
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #28: Apr 27, 2010 01:56:25 am
      Hope Aquilani starts this ;D

The team and especially Steven Gerrard could do with a player like Aquilani around him.

I hope Aquilani starts to and i think he did enough on Sunday to show he warrants a start but the fact Lucas was rested makes me think he will start in midfield with Masch. Depends on how Rafa wants to play it, we could go out to score early or we could play it patient and avoid giving away counter attacks.

The fact that Rafa stuck Babel up top when Kuyt came off injured shows maybe he is ready to play him upfront a bit more, it suprised me as i expected Ngog to come straight on to play there. Given this could we see Babel start a game as striker for the first time in ages. 

Maybe Aquilani or Babel up top. But i don't see both happening.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #29: Apr 27, 2010 01:57:25 am
      If (when) we win- do we really care who plays as long as we win?

Obviously i have my favourites and players i would like to see sitting on the bench- but in all honesty, as long as we win- Rafa can play whoever he wants!
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #30: Apr 27, 2010 02:46:05 am
      if dirk is injured time to put pacheo in he could shine
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #31: Apr 27, 2010 05:09:41 am
      My tickets have arrived as well. Never been so close to the front of The Kop before because I like to stand and sing, but I realised its Europe and it doesnt matter so I thought Id kick into some top quality seats.

Yeahyeahyeahhhh OHHH I AM A LIVERPUDLIAN FROM THE SPION KOP...
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #32: Apr 27, 2010 08:20:58 am
      I have just re-watched the Istanbul UCL Final for the 182908109th time, and it made me look forward for this game even more. Come on Liverpool, another special European night please!
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #33: Apr 27, 2010 08:32:06 am
                         Reina

Johnson  Carra    Kyrgiakos   Agger

Masch     Gerrard

Benayoun     Aquilani      Babel

Kuyt

I'd go with that one, too.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #34: Apr 27, 2010 09:34:09 am
       As this is the last European match at Anfield for this season I have enough faith in RAFA and the MIGHTY REDS to see off Athletico Madrid and book our place for the final.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #35: Apr 27, 2010 09:55:58 am
      I want a trophy this season, this is ours.
      Sweeney The Red
      • Forum Phil Babb
      • Started Topic

• 170 posts |
      Reply #36: Apr 27, 2010 10:10:27 am
      I want a trophy this season, this is ours.

This.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #37: Apr 27, 2010 10:21:08 am
      I'd much rather Dirk if he's fit go up top than Babel. Babel's pace and skill should be a threat to any defender but I just think he knows how to play the cutting in from the left play more. I may be completely wrong but every single goal he scored at Ajax (at least the ones on you tube ;) ) were scored cutting inside from the left wing. Lots of people on here complain that he is and always has been a centre forward, I'm not so sure. I've heard him interviewed where he has said he would like to end up there, but I don't believe he knows how to play as a centre forward.  His hold up play is dreadful and he losing posession when your defenders need a rest is a big no no. This would be my team if Dirk is fit

Reina

Johnson  Carra  Sotis   Agger

Yossi   Gerrard   Masch  Babel

Aquilani

Kuyt
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,254 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #38: Apr 27, 2010 10:48:31 am
      Quite sad that a semi final 2nd leg of a European comp is on 2 pages while the outcome of Sundays game thread is on 9 pages. Says alot to me that
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #39: Apr 27, 2010 10:53:14 am
      Quite sad that a semi final 2nd leg of a European comp is on 2 pages while the outcome of Sundays game thread is on 9 pages. Says alot to me that

Does indeed.

I think a lot of people think we're going on Thurs. Last weeks result really didn't help matters.

It's just the fact that if Atletico score one we'll need three. It will be difficult on the night - we will have to be extremely compact yet be looking for goals at the same time. Not sure how we'll approach it.

But at the same time if Atletico can beat us 1-0 at their place why can't we do the same?
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #40: Apr 27, 2010 11:34:09 am
      Aquilani must start if he comes up with a cold we can know it's about money.  :laugh:

Anyway, with Stevie speaking so inspirational of late, I fully expect us to be in a rampant form. You can tell when he's happy with the people around him. I just wish Maxi could play in this one even though Benny may prove to be instrumental. The blackline picks itself really - Soto, Carra, Dagger, Johnson.  We can do this! The perfect semi-final, and we don't care who reaches the final for our opposition; for they'll only be under escruciating pain for 90mins.

y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #41: Apr 27, 2010 11:36:08 am
      Reina

Aquilani

Pachecco
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #42: Apr 27, 2010 11:55:46 am
      Does indeed.

I think a lot of people think we're going on Thurs. Last weeks result really didn't help matters.

It's just the fact that if Atletico score one we'll need three. It will be difficult on the night - we will have to be extremely compact yet be looking for goals at the same time. Not sure how we'll approach it.

But at the same time if Atletico can beat us 1-0 at their place why can't we do the same?
      Same as that think if we had of attacked them they would of crumbled hope Anfield swinging will be all to much for them cant wait YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #43: Apr 27, 2010 12:05:02 pm
      What happened last away game? And the one before that in Europe? Lost 1-0. And here we are still.

Come on Atletico, don't be scared >:D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44: Apr 27, 2010 12:06:03 pm
      I hope the Icelandic Volcano blows it's lid just enough for the planes to be disrupted, just before Athletico are due to fly out of Spain.  ;D

I'm hoping they have to suffer a torturous journey the same way we did.  >:D

Whatever the build up will be, it's going to be a cracking European night at Anfield. What I'd do to be there.  :f_wah:

Come on you Redmen, do us proud. On to Hamburg we must go.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #45: Apr 27, 2010 12:11:13 pm
      Personally I think the Lucas / Mascherano pairing should be seperated for this one, we're at home trailing 1-0 so the impetus should be on us to attack and get about these from the off.

Entirely agree mate. In my view, that midfield pairing should be put to rest for the season now. And I'd go along with your team as well but drop Gerrard back in midfield next to Mascherano and throw Aquilani further up ahead. Ideally, I want Gerrard and Mascherano to boss the game.

Reina

Aquilani

Kuyt

That would do me that.

Quick Reply