Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Work Experience!

Read 2300 times
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Work Experience!
      Jun 09, 2007 08:43:51 pm
      hi everyone. im in year 10 and am currently on work experience. I've just finished the first week of it and I am very much looking forward to the next week.
      anyone else been on work experience and any funny stories? :D
      thanx.  ;)
      « Last Edit: Jun 09, 2007 08:46:57 pm by Bpatel »
      banksiemagic
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Re: Work Experience!
      Reply #1: Jun 09, 2007 08:53:33 pm
      my best work experience was when I was at uni doing a degree in european engineering (basically production line mechanics with advance french thrown in!). they sent me to work in a factory in barcelona for three weeks! did I get to see the inside of that factory....? well once - on the first day! never went back & had three weeks on the piss! myself & the two lads with me very nearly got chucked off the course for that little stunt! I hope you don't get drawn into similar mischeviousness on your work experience  ;)
      ozzyred
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts |
      Reply #2: Jun 09, 2007 10:43:02 pm
      my work experiance was on a scaffolding site while i was school i was suppose to spend 2 weeks there but only spent 2 days
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,657 posts | 6949 
      Reply #3: Jun 10, 2007 12:28:52 am
      My work experience was with Merseyside Fire Brigade.  I had a week in the offices at Hatton Garden, and the second week was at Storrington Avenue Fire Station in Croxteth (which is the training centre too).

Went out on some 'shouts'. A bin fire, and some lifs in a flat.  Wore the breathing gear and tunnelled through some training place filled with smoke.  Was superb actually...!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Jun 10, 2007 12:47:21 am
      Mine was nothing compaired to any of yours!

Iceland in Heswall!! Great eh! :D

(There was no other placements left)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,657 posts | 6949 
      Reply #5: Jun 10, 2007 12:51:58 am
      Mine was nothing compaired to any of yours!

Iceland in Heswall!! Great eh! :D

(There was no other placements left)

Ha, I actually 'worked' for Iceland myself for a summer in the middle of Uni.  The one in Kirkby mind!
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #6: Jun 10, 2007 08:57:13 am
      Mine was spent at a bank very boring indeed.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #7: Jun 10, 2007 02:50:28 pm
      Mine was on a building site with a bunch of pranksters!! I was sent to some guy in a digger to ask if I could borrow his 'glass hammer'!! And me being silly fell for it and stood arguing with him for 10 mins before I realised what had happened ;D

I had heard them all apart from the 'glass hammer'!!! ;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #8: Jun 10, 2007 03:33:54 pm
      My work experience was with Merseyside Fire Brigade.  I had a week in the offices at Hatton Garden, and the second week was at Storrington Avenue Fire Station in Croxteth (which is the training centre too).

Went out on some 'shouts'. A bin fire, and some lifs in a flat.  Wore the breathing gear and tunnelled through some training place filled with smoke.  Was superb actually...!

wish i could have some 'work experience' with Merseyside Fire Brigade  ;) ;D ;D
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9: Jun 10, 2007 03:53:37 pm
      ^ Me too.. Scouse firemen.. oh my god! :-* :-* Luuuush!

I did my 2 weeks in year 10 in Cardiff Animal Shelter. I F***ing loved it. 2 weeks 9-5 feeding, cleaning out, playing with, walking, cats and dogs. And there were these 5 puppies that needed loads of attention so I'd spend hours each day going back and forth to them to play with them it was brilliant!
      I'm gutted now though it's shut down :( I'd love to go back there especially now!!
      Bpatel
      • Started Topic

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #10: Jun 10, 2007 07:34:14 pm
      the best thing that has happened to me so far, is probably the fact that i caught a shoplifter ;D ;D ;D. nothing much intersting apart from that so far.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #11: Jun 10, 2007 09:32:26 pm
      Mine was two weeks in Comet at the Aintree retail park. At first I was a bit fed up with it because there wasn't much to do apart from showing people where the tv's were etc...... :f_tongueincheek:
      But later on in the day I'd be able to play Streetfighter2 on the Super Nintendo which was cool! After the management had seen there wasn't that much for me to do for the first week, they decided to put us with the delivery driver for the second week. It was absolutely brilliant!!!!!!
      Not only did we go about all over the place having a laugh, delivering to lots of posh houses and the driver dropping me off at about 2pm - when I should have been finishing at 6pm! The driver was Steve McMahon's brother in law!!!!!!!! Constant LFC!!! ;D
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #12: Jun 12, 2007 09:30:30 am
      I didn't do any work experience when I was at school it was only when I was at catering college that I was let loose on the general public with my culinary skills. I worked at the John Moores building on Old hall street for two weeks, my first week was spent in the canteen for the staff where everything was cooked on a large scale, it was like working on a production line as I fried what seemed like the EU’s stockpiled Cod quota! My second week was much more entertaining as I worked preparing food for the big knobs, you know directors of the board and the like so it was my chance to make a bit of an impression and I certainly did. Part of the chef's uniform as you know is a ten storey high hat and in this particular kitchen they where of the paper disposable variety it was also the type my head chef thought where hilarious when set alight while the rookie chef was wearing it! So unknown to me I had been ignited and was merrily carrying on working whilst doing a good impression of the towering inferno when Sir John Moores himself decides to come through the kitchen on his way to the dining room, but I have always said class shows and he never said a word as he passed through, instead he chose salad to eat that day well would you trust a chef to cook your meal who was slowly cooking at mark 4 himself? ;D

Quick Reply