Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Is rafa going?

Read 3671 times
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,314 posts |
      Is rafa going?
      Jun 09, 2007 11:08:52 pm
      Ive just seen a preview of tomorrows papers and they don't look good for Rafa?According to them theres been  a big bust up between Rafa and the yanks,hes unhappy that transfers targets haven't been signed as yet and he believes the yanks are full of empty promises?This is bad news for us,the Americans have got to back Rafa,we cannot lose Rafa it will be a major loss.
      Mickey LFC4Ever
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts | -6 
      Re: Is rafa going?
      Reply #1: Jun 10, 2007 12:09:54 am
      ive heard tht rafa isnt too happy with the "talk,talk,talk" situation and to be honest im not either. united hav spent 32 mil on nani and anderson and 17 mil on hargreaves whereas chelsea hav although for free signed pizzaro but at least its a decent signing. however who have we bought... nemeth and some other hungarian youngster.  Although I doubt tht rafa will go and hicks has stated tht he and gillette have been speaking closely to rafa.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Jun 10, 2007 12:12:36 am
      Permission to lock this topic?

I don't know how good your source is but this has to be utter bollocks.

vydex
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | -5 
      Reply #3: Jun 10, 2007 12:15:42 am
      Permission to lock this topic?

I don't know how good your source is but this has to be utter bollocks.

I totally agree with all your bollox as this is tottally and utterly complete

bollox
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #4: Jun 10, 2007 12:35:14 am
      Ive just seen a preview of tomorrows papers and they don't look good for Rafa?According to them theres been  a big bust up between Rafa and the yanks,hes unhappy that transfers targets haven't been signed as yet and he believes the yanks are full of empty promises?This is bad news for us,the Americans have got to back Rafa,we cannot lose Rafa it will be a major loss.

Doubt it. We've just signed 4 of his main players on long contracts and he has only just got back from holiday. The club have enquired about Malouda and Bent.

Media sh*te.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #5: Jun 10, 2007 08:51:17 am
      Rafa will be waiting for the Spainish season to finish before signing another 4 spainards.
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Re: Is rafa going?... not this year but he may soon if no ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ
      Reply #6: Jun 10, 2007 09:47:09 am
       >:(
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #7: Jun 10, 2007 10:07:23 am
      Looks like the media hype is working again guys !!  Do you believe everything you read in newspapers ?   Thought everyone had learned their lesson after Hillborough......I know its not the same, but nontheless more media sh*te !!  >:D   
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #8: Jun 10, 2007 10:28:54 am
      look im all for not going crazy with all this but at the end of the day you love it when you read sh*t on who we're meant to be signing. It is worrying that this one seems to keep coming up and until slick and the yanks show there hand in the transfer market and sign some big star names then it will continue to do so !
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #9: Jun 10, 2007 10:50:54 am
      how many times has rafa told the fans and media that he wont leave liverpool ?
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #10: Jun 10, 2007 10:55:10 am
      Complete and utter rubbish. As it happens I think we've been prety active in the transfer market considering. We've already secured the services of Voronin & signed Lucas & the two young Hungarians. I genuinely believe most of our major targets will come from La Liga, and we'll see some activity when their season ends. Hicks has promised us a major signing to arrive shortly, I don't believe he would be naive enough to say that if it wasn't true, and considering they probably won't be from Spain, my money would be on Malouda.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #11: Jun 10, 2007 11:18:05 am
      Guys,it appears he is growing ever increasingly frustrated that the targets haven't been landed,I think when the Spanish league ends,will be the time to see what happens,as most of our targets will come from this area,i most admit i started this topic without seeing the papers,i was relaying what a guy had told me from the prints of the early additions.He works in the prints.It just seems quite worrying that that this speculation About Rafa wont go away.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #12: Jun 10, 2007 11:18:16 am
      Ed I think the main reason behind rafa's supposed frustration is that the americans wont back him when it comes to signing the big names like eto'o etc . . . if malouda cost 10m then he is no where near that price bracket anyway but yes most likely our main signings will come from spain . . .
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #13: Jun 10, 2007 11:55:15 am
      Nonsense. 

We can't buy a player (eg. Eto'o) if the player doesn't want to leave his club can we?  That's not Hicks/Gillett's fault.

Jose Mourinho didn't leave Chelsea because Steven Gerrard wanted to stay at Liverpool.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #14: Jun 10, 2007 12:20:16 pm
      JD i was just giving eto'o as example of price, we'll see what backing we have as there are plenty of other players out there that cost 25m up wards that rafa would be interested in and i believe to win the league we will need to be signing those type. You cant blame fans for getting uptight when they read the press, we all like to believe we're signing the big names when we read that so its just the same when you read negative stuff such as limited budgets as today etc . . .  .
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #15: Jun 10, 2007 12:35:42 pm
      It is a bit worring when rafa said we need to get players quickly before he's forced to get his 2nd and 3rd choice players, but having said that no-one has signed any of the players he was after yet, if that starts to happen i'll really start to be worried
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #16: Jun 10, 2007 04:06:13 pm
      It is a bit worring when rafa said we need to get players quickly before he's forced to get his 2nd and 3rd choice players, but having said that no-one has signed any of the players he was after yet, if that starts to happen i'll really start to be worried

Yes good point.  If we start getting locked in battles for players that Rafa wants and they go elsewhere because of price then quite rightly we can question the board.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #17: Jun 10, 2007 10:29:13 pm
      I have to admit, I am starting to panic over the lack of action regarding the major players but have to agree with bobbins. The said players havn't signed for any one else so I would imagine all the top clubs they are linked with, have fans as frustrated, impatient, and worried as us. Just hope we can sell the club to them when the time comes and it doesn't just become a matter of who offers the biggest wedge. With all our current big names recently signing lont term deals,that has to help.
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #18: Jun 11, 2007 08:45:38 am
      Few days ago I made a thread "what's going on?". This disappointed situation need to cleared. Steve and Jaime sign a three years contract, Xabi and Pepe five, We're gonna be mad to lose one of the best manager that I've seen !!
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #19: Jun 11, 2007 09:44:56 am
      just give it time, i no we all want to see rafa sign some players, but just wait and im sure that we will start buying
      Rhys.a.red.
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      • Everywhere leads to somewhere
      IN RAFA WE MUST TRUST
      Reply #20: Jun 11, 2007 01:12:58 pm
      I think it is fare to say that we are all wondering and worrying what is going on regarding new players.
      Which i think is only right. However with the media linking us with every squad type player going, The one thing we have not had is rafa coming out telling us who he wants.

He is just back for his break and to be fare after the champs final he did make his feeling known to the board.
      I honestly think that if the money was not there for him to buy the kind of player he wants rafa would have walked by now,
      As he has said in a round about way... he has taken this club as far as he can with little money. Now with the promise of real money he feels he can press on and win the league...

Rafa has never been one to shout about who he will bring in, so i say in rafa we must trust. Two thing will happen this summer first is rafa will get who he wants and the board will be forever loved....Or rafa will walk and the we will know that the club has trouble.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #21: Jun 11, 2007 01:42:19 pm
      Now, whooa there everybody.

First off, one of Moores selling criteria that 30 million would be invested in new players.  We have to give the new board that much at least.

Secondly, we haven't missed out on anybody yet.

Thirdly, have you ever considered that all this 'speculation' may just prevent clubs holding us to ransom on transfer fees? It could all be a clever ruse to keep transfer prices sensible?

Way too early to be panicking, and don't believe everything you read in the papers....!!!!
      vince
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #22: Jun 11, 2007 02:28:43 pm
      there is absolutely no way Rafa will leave i go by what i actually see people say with my own eyes rather than what the media says gillet and hicks are business men they are never going to spend 30m on one player until they sort out liverpool making more money on the commercial side they will not be like abramorvich and man u have a huge stadium and commercial interests which allows them to spend this kind of money so don't be disappointed when the big signings don't turn up the Americans never promised us that it was the media!
      Rhys.a.red.
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #23: Jun 11, 2007 02:35:46 pm
      there is absolutely no way Rafa will leave I go by what I actually see people say with my own eyes rather than what the media says gillet and hicks are business men they are never going to spend 30m on one player until they sort out liverpool making more money on the commercial side they will not be like abramorvich and man u have a huge stadium and commercial interests which allows them to spend this kind of money so don't be disappointed when the big signings don't turn up the Americans never promised us that it was the media!
      i thought one of them said a couple of weeks ago they would sign snoopy doopy or whoever rafa wanted.. i may be wrong???
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #24: Jun 11, 2007 02:45:02 pm
      I thought one of them said a couple of weeks ago they would sign snoopy doopy or whoever rafa wanted.. I may be wrong???

We don't want snoopy doopy, he's sh*t. Snoogy Doogy on the other hand.... ;D

You're right though, Gillett & Hicks did promise that Rafa would have the money to buy the players he wants. I honestly don't believe they're stupid enough to make statements like this if they're not willing to back them up.
      Rhys.a.red.
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #25: Jun 11, 2007 02:51:51 pm

You're right though, Gillett & Hicks did promise that Rafa would have the money to buy the players he wants. I honestly don't believe they're stupid enough to make statements like this if they're not willing to back them up.
      I thought they had said something like that.. Also think that was part of the reason everyone is expecting good world class player to arrive. as for snoopy doopy... oops my bad..
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #26: Jun 11, 2007 02:53:53 pm

So true Eddie mate if they were that stupid then our beloved club is definitly in trouble.
      I think we need to wait for the season to start and then we'll all come back here and discuss our actual signings and not the speculated ones maybe then we'll all be smiling or crying but then at least we'll have proper reason for our actions.

I must admit i am nervous but i do trust in the owners and we'll only know what they are really about and if what they say should be believed once te season starts
      Rhys.a.red.
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #27: Jun 11, 2007 02:57:21 pm
      So true Eddie mate if they were that stupid then our beloved club is definitly in trouble.
      I think we need to wait for the season to start and then we'll all come back here and discuss our actual signings and not the speculated ones maybe then we'll all be smiling or crying but then at least we'll have proper reason for our actions.

I must admit I am nervous but I do trust in the owners and we'll only know what they are really about and if what they say should be believed once te season starts
      so true, how cool would it be thought if we woke tomorrow to breaking news, "rafa gets his top 5"
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #28: Jun 11, 2007 03:00:25 pm
      I hope that happens can't wait for that and i do think we will get our top targets not the second grade players we are being linked with now.
      Rhys.a.red.
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #29: Jun 11, 2007 03:06:37 pm
      I hope that happens can't wait for that and I do think we will get our top targets not the second grade players we are being linked with now.
      i tell ya, it's so bad at the moment i'm eat, drinking, sleeping, ssn at the mo just incase we get breaking news. I just feel that we are going to get a major player any day now. i mean top top world class jaw dropping player.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #30: Jun 11, 2007 05:58:44 pm
      I tell ya, it's so bad at the moment I'm eat, drinking, sleeping, ssn at the mo just incase we get breaking news. I just feel that we are going to get a major player any day now. I mean top top world class jaw dropping player.

Hope your right mate, i'm doing the same SSN on constantly just waiting for that yellow ticker bar to go across the screen with the biggest signing yet !!   ;) ;D ;D
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #31: Jun 11, 2007 07:48:35 pm
      Hope your right mate, I'm doing the same SSN on constantly just waiting for that yellow ticker bar to go across the screen with the biggest signing yet !!   ;) ;D ;D

I am also watching SSN constantly waiting for for the yellow ticker bar to tell me who we've signed and I'm not just blimping at Georgie Thompson all day! Honest! ;)
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #32: Jun 12, 2007 07:44:40 am
      I tell ya, it's so bad at the moment I'm eat, drinking, sleeping, ssn at the mo just incase we get breaking news. I just feel that we are going to get a major player any day now. I mean top top world class jaw dropping player.

I'm also currently living on the SSN and LFC sites waiting for the unveiling of our new stars I really cant wait
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #33: Jun 12, 2007 09:34:56 am
      Taken from The Times

GILLETT DENIES TALK OF CRISIS AT LIVERPOOL

Rafael BenÍtez, the Liverpool manager, has demanded actions rather than words from the new owners at Anfield, but with the club’s summer being dominated by unrest behind the scenes rather than the top-class signings he was hoping for, their supporters may be partly reassured by yesterday’s address from George Gillett Jr.

BenÍtez is known to have been disgruntled by the lack of progress in his search for reinforcements, particularly in view of Manchester United’s projected £55 million outlay on three new players. The Spaniard has expressed displeasure in conference calls with Rick Parry, the chief executive, and Gillett and Tom Hicks, the co-owners, whose working relationship is not running smoothly, but Gillett moved to defuse the crisis talk yesterday in characteristically colourful terms.

“I read that Rafa is throwing hand-grenades at us and making demands, that there’s a tension or disagreement between him and the Gillett and Hicks families,” Gillett said. “Nothing could be farther from the truth. As far back as February, Rafa laid out a programme for us. Each one of our sports businesses has a core concept. You can’t just flop around looking at opportunities here and there, go left, go right. It has to be part of an integrated plan.

“We have one at Liverpool, one we understand 100 per cent, believe in and support. The plan involves us spending money, but it will be part of a plan, not just spending like a drunken sailor.”

BenÍtez has come to accept that the Americans’ promise of support in the transfer market does not equate to the blank chequebook that he envisaged after his initial conversations. That feeling was reinforced at the weekend, when it emerged that a shopping list previously headed by Samuel Eto’o, the Barcelona forward, includes less inspiring names such as Diego ForlĂĄn, the Villarreal striker whose name was synonymous with profligacy during 2Âœ unsuccessful seasons with Manchester United.

Talks are continuing behind the scenes with a view to signing at least one top-class winger – possibly Mancini, of AS Roma, or Florent Malouda, of Lyons, although the latter is also courting interest from Arsenal and Chelsea – and a centre forward, but these talks have not always been harmonious.

While much has been made of tension between BenÍtez and Parry, particularly about the time of the Champions League final , there have also been disagreements between Gillett and Hicks over the money they should be making available to strengthen the squad.

It is increasingly clear to BenÍtez that his transfer kitty this summer will be more modest than he thought when he was making plans to sign Eto’o. He is also likely to have to look beyond his secondary targets – such as Carlos TĂ©vez, of West Ham United, Fernando Torres, of AtlĂ©tico Madrid, and David Villa, of Valencia – to a list that includes forwards such as David Trezeguet, of Juventus, Darren Bent, of Charlton Athletic, Diego Milito, of Real Zaragoza and ForlĂĄn. There is support within the club for a bid to resign Michael Owen from Newcastle United, but BenÍtez is cool on the matter.

Much will depend on the amount of funding BenÍtez is able to raise by selling players. Negotiations are continuing with Marseilles this week over a deal for Djibril CissĂ©, who spent last season on loan to the French club and is also attracting interest from Bolton Wanderers, while Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers and West Ham United have registered strong interest in Craig Bellamy.

Interesting, your thoughts?
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #34: Jun 12, 2007 09:44:04 am
      Personally I don't believe one word of it. The press try to stir things up at Liverpool all the time, usually it's like water off a ducks back, but this time it really seems to be getting to some fans. My view is simple, Rafa had the front to come out & say that he wasn't happy with the way things had been done & that they needed changing, I'm pretty sure he would've come out & said if he still wasn't happy, or indeed might have even resigned. No official source from the club is saying there's any problem, just the media. I believe that as we have new owners and no-one's quite sure whether to trust them yet, we're not taking press articles with a pinch of salt like we usually do. Personally I'm not getting worried, as I said I'm sure Rafa would've piped up again if things still weren't right, and our core players are signing new contracts, as far as I can see there's no problem apart from the fact that Man Utd have confirmed a couple of deals that they had wrapped up months ago. No other big club has been any more active than us in the transfer market, yet it's a crisis when it's happening to us. I don't get it?
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #35: Jun 12, 2007 09:56:51 am
      Personally I don't believe one word of it. The press try to stir things up at Liverpool all the time, usually it's like water off a ducks back, but this time it really seems to be getting to some fans. My view is simple, Rafa had the front to come out & say that he wasn't happy with the way things had been done & that they needed changing, I'm pretty sure he would've come out & said if he still wasn't happy, or indeed might have even resigned. No official source from the club is saying there's any problem, just the media. I believe that as we have new owners and no-one's quite sure whether to trust them yet, we're not taking press articles with a pinch of salt like we usually do. Personally I'm not getting worried, as I said I'm sure Rafa would've piped up again if things still weren't right, and our core players are signing new contracts, as far as I can see there's no problem apart from the fact that Man Utd have confirmed a couple of deals that they had wrapped up months ago. No other big club has been any more active than us in the transfer market, yet it's a crisis when it's happening to us. I don't get it?

i think if we really couldn't get our first choice players that Rafa wants he would be gone simply because of empty promises made by the new owners i do think we shouldn't spend like "druken sailors" but if Rafa thinks we need a player the funds will be made available else the "snoogy doogy" comment was a stupid thing to say.

i think we really need to stop reading so much into tabloids as they just trying to sell papers and unsettle people i for one am not worried by there comments and think everything will go well in the summer
      Rhys.a.red.
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #36: Jun 12, 2007 10:20:06 am
      I think the problem us fans have is, we all read that rafa wanted to have all his new players early and not in august. With that we are all looking every morning to see if we have a new player, when infact it takes longer than just two weeks to get it sorted. I myself have said i am addicted to ssn every minute of the day to see  what is happening.... I should go and take a holiday but i cant until i know who we got.... :action-smiley-060:
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #37: Jun 12, 2007 10:36:57 am
      Why are the press coming up with these stories? because they are clueless as to the real situation at Anfield, I mean how the hell can anyone know what was said in a conference call between Rafa and Rick Parry? and that those calls are taking place because Rafa is disgruntled because of broken promises regarding transfer funds,and so annoyed is he that he hasn't resigned despite the press linking him to Madrid every other Tuesday! no he is sat at his desk getting on with his job but that news doesn't sell newspapers does it?
      Fans are also desperate to know what's happening some to the point of having a go at the new owners, Rick Parry and even Rafa himself, get a grip for gods sake it's the second week of June and seasons are still ending across Europe,a lot of players are only now being approached for possible moves. When we do become active in the transfer market it will be interesting to see who we can afford as the papers all seem to have changed points of view on our “kitty” this year, a month a go we were signing Eto’o, Tevez, Torres now they think it's Forlan and Bent, this argument is flawed for me in the fact that they say it will depend on how much Rafa can raise from the sale of players. Well if that is the case why would Rafa be so desperate to tie Alonso and Sissoko down to new contracts as they are two of the players the press were telling us would be sold to fund such raids into the transfer market. We have a business plan in place and the owners the manager and Parry all know what it is and they are working towards achieving this, as far as I know no media outlet has been told what it is so unless we have a spy in the camp its all guess work and fantasy, I'm also as impatient as the next man (or woman) regarding possible signings but please give it a few more weeks before revolting and storming the ground! as some deals take a bit longer to finalise no matter what the daily papers are telling you.
      « Last Edit: Jun 12, 2007 10:41:42 am by Glenbuck »
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #38: Jun 12, 2007 10:58:35 am
      Why are the press coming up with these stories? because they are clueless as to the real situation at Anfield, I mean how the hell can anyone know what was said in a conference call between Rafa and Rick Parry? and that those calls are taking place because Rafa is disgruntled because of broken promises regarding transfer funds,and so annoyed is he that he hasn't resigned despite the press linking him to Madrid every other Tuesday! no he is sat at his desk getting on with his job but that news doesn't sell newspapers does it?
      Fans are also desperate to know what's happening some to the point of having a go at the new owners, Rick Parry and even Rafa himself, get a grip for gods sake it's the second week of June and seasons are still ending across Europe,a lot of players are only now being approached for possible moves. When we do become active in the transfer market it will be interesting to see who we can afford as the papers all seem to have changed points of view on our “kitty” this year, a month a go we were signing Eto’o, Tevez, Torres now they think it's Forlan and Bent, this argument is flawed for me in the fact that they say it will depend on how much Rafa can raise from the sale of players. Well if that is the case why would Rafa be so desperate to tie Alonso and Sissoko down to new contracts as they are two of the players the press were telling us would be sold to fund such raids into the transfer market. We have a business plan in place and the owners the manager and Parry all know what it is and they are working towards achieving this, as far as I know no media outlet has been told what it is so unless we have a spy in the camp its all guess work and fantasy, I'm also as impatient as the next man (or woman) regarding possible signings but please give it a few more weeks before revolting and storming the ground! as some deals take a bit longer to finalise no matter what the daily papers are telling you.

Exactly my point it's a guessing game for everybody right now and "signing the players we want early" could mean after La Liga ends not necesarilly right now today or erlier than our rivals either way i do believe we have the funds w were promised and we will only know once we start buying players.
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #39: Jun 15, 2007 11:30:14 am
      just read this in the daily mail: " Rafael Benitez could quit as Liverpool manager after becoming increasingly frustrated at the lack of spending power at Anfield.

The Spaniard warned the club's new owners, George Gillett and Tom Hicks, he needed a ÂŁ100m transfer kitty to overhaul his squad and turn them into Premier League title contenders.

And he set his sights on making two major signings over ÂŁ10m immediately after losing to AC Milan in the Champions League final.

But the American tycoons are reported to be at loggerheads over the transfer budget.

The first signs of conflict came after Liverpool pulled out of the ÂŁ17m race to sign Charlton and England striker Darren Bent.

Then the Reds made a ÂŁ1m bid for West Ham winger Yossi Benayoun, which the Hammers described as an "insult".

Now a Reds source has told daily financial newspaper CityAM that Benitez has real concerns about the future ambitions of the club.

"If Gillett and Hicks cannot give Rafa a budget in which a sensible assault on the title, then Rafa will not hang around for long," he said.

"It simply doesn't look like Liverpool are competing in the transfer market and Rafa would definitely position than he is right now."
      talk like this scares the crap out of me. we can't lose rafa.

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #40: Jun 15, 2007 11:34:25 am
      just been reading that myself, and yeah, scared the crap out of me too -  just calming myself down and continually saying 'Its all media hype" over and over again !!!!! 

This cant happen, we need Rafa's brain !!!!   I cant see the problem, this must of been discussed thoroughly before G&T took over.
       ??? ???  :( :(
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #41: Jun 15, 2007 11:59:47 am
      So if all is that bad at Anfield why is Rafa still manager?.. Because he has now been back for a week from his hols and is currently working on transfer deals, granted they may not be in the inflated bracket that we first thought but they must still be acceptable to him or he would of walked away, I base this on the assumption that he is still the no nonsense kind of guy we have grown to love. Rafa has the reputation of being straight forward with players and emotions don't come into whether or not a player plays or not for Liverpool as he is ruthless in his ambitions for our club, so with that in mind do you think he would sit there being told one thing and another about transfer funds and then quietly accepts he only has twenty quid to spend this year? Or do you think he would kick up an almighty fuss and not threaten to quit but actually do it?
      As I posted above the press and media are clueless to the situation within Anfield and constantly change their ideas with the wind, A month ago we where spending £100m now they reckon we are trying to get Benayoun on the cheap so in the immortal words of Dad's army's Corporal Jones “Don’t Panic”
      bruno7
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #42: Jun 15, 2007 12:05:19 pm
      I don't know whats going on!! This stuff in papers has been going on since athens now, Very worrying To me!!!!! (Losing Rafa??) I feel unwell just saying that

Quick Reply