Trending Topics

Lucas Leiva (Liverpool > S.S. Lazio)

Read 1109584 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Lucas Leiva Player Thread
      Reply #11661: Oct 17, 2015 04:08:05 pm
      It was good to see him so animated with him mate.  He's an intelligent player who looked invigorated and enthusiastic talking to him, I think Jürgen will like what he brings to the squad if he can keep the levels up.

Yeah, I think Lucas would probably be the ideal captain under Klopp. Milner is more of a "yes boss" type player that probably suited Brendan, but I think Klopp could handle a captain with a few opinions.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11662: Oct 17, 2015 04:13:39 pm
      Yeah, I think Lucas would probably be the ideal captain under Klopp. Milner is more of a "yes boss" type player that probably suited Brendan, but I think Klopp could handle a captain with a few opinions.

Very true mate.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #11663: Oct 17, 2015 04:25:14 pm
      Always thought he was better than people think.Injuries have plagued him but give him a run in the team and his fitness and timing really come on. I thought he was immense today
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #11664: Oct 17, 2015 04:41:27 pm
      He did. Looked knackered after 20mins but seemed to just carry on. Did a fair bit of talking to Klopp at the end too ... Klopp could hardly get a word in.

I've said this before, I'll say it again, if any of our recent players  should become a coach/manager, it''s this guy.
      « Last Edit: Oct 17, 2015 04:53:26 pm by Roddenberry »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #11665: Oct 17, 2015 04:45:31 pm
      I've said this before, I'll say it again, if any of our recent players  should become a coach manager, it;s this guy.

He seems to have that tactical mind that would translate into coaching.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11666: Oct 17, 2015 04:54:32 pm
      I've said this before, I'll say it again, if any of our recent players  should become a coach manager, it;s this guy.

He seems to have that tactical mind that would translate into coaching.

I think he's already doing his badges, he regularly coaches the younger age groups at the Academy.

Would be fantastic to see him remain at the Club after his playing days are over, see if he can work his up but as much as he loves us I think we'll probably lose him back to Brazil.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #11667: Oct 17, 2015 07:14:52 pm
      I don't think I've ever been upset with Lucas since the day Rafa bought him.

On & off the pitch I have plenty respect for Lucas.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #11668: Oct 17, 2015 08:44:06 pm
      My MoM today. Still here, still making being a DM look easy. Looked good with Emre Can and allows Can to get up the pitch.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #11669: Oct 17, 2015 08:48:32 pm
      Some on here wrote Lucas off completely after his injury and will never give him the credit he deserves.

Sad really because he's a top DM.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #11670: Oct 17, 2015 08:51:15 pm
      My MoM today. Still here, still making being a DM look easy. Looked good with Emre Can and allows Can to get up the pitch.
      Always underrated is Lucas , But he's the backbone of the team and he had a fine performance today . I hope he stays for a while more . not too long ago he was getting the p45.

fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #11671: Oct 18, 2015 12:08:42 am
      Played well Lucas, my only qualm isn't with him, but more with our overall lack of threat when you pair him with any of our other CMs (Can today, Hendo or Milner). It leaves you only 4 attacking players on the field, so we're gonna have to hope to get more goals from somewhere.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6728 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #11672: Oct 18, 2015 08:10:41 am
      Thought he looked a lot quicker too, then what I have normally thought of him.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #11673: Oct 18, 2015 08:22:24 am
      Thought he looked very good against Spurs.

Milner was awful, ditch him for the game against Southampton, Lucas and Can in midfield with Joseph, and Lallana, Coutinho and hopefully Sturridge as the front three.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #11674: Oct 18, 2015 09:21:31 am
      Played well Lucas, my only qualm isn't with him, but more with our overall lack of threat when you pair him with any of our other CMs (Can today, Hendo or Milner). It leaves you only 4 attacking players on the field, so we're gonna have to hope to get more goals from somewhere.

Thought he looked very good against Spurs.

Milner was awful, ditch him for the game against Southampton, Lucas and Can in midfield with Joseph, and Lallana, Coutinho and hopefully Sturridge as the front three.

I agree. He is playing brilliantly. Milner is robbing Lucas the armband.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #11675: Oct 18, 2015 11:22:32 am

Absolutely mate, if Lucas is a regular (a status he never really had under Brendan) the. He is (by far) the best candidate for the captaincy. He's got everything you would want in terms of leading by example, a vocal prescience on the pitch and I believe he is now our longest serving player along with Skrtel.

It would be brave of Klopp to come in and make changes in this respect but I would not complain if he were to be given the arm band. Milner puts in a shift BUT he strikes me as a quiet character who simply gets on with it. I'd like a little bit more from the Skipper given we've lost such a huge presence in Stevie.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #11676: Oct 18, 2015 11:41:50 am
      By the way, he is only 28 years old so he have three more good years in him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #11677: Oct 18, 2015 11:48:45 am
      I love seeing this thread full of positivity :D

The lad is smart and the only one in our midfield capable of doing what he does. He's lost a bit of pace but he kept his stamina up for most of the match in a tough away match.

His distribution is underrated. He is the base of our midfield that gets things rolling - can take it under pressure and find a man with a first time pass.

Always in the right position to stop an attack (even though he loves giving a foul or two away :D )

Crucial player for us.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #11678: Oct 18, 2015 12:01:00 pm
      By the way, he is only 28 years old so he have three more good years in him.

Exactly. Give him a 4-5 year contract, he deserves it!
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #11679: Oct 18, 2015 04:17:13 pm
      Some on here wrote Lucas off completely after his injury and will never give him the credit he deserves.

Sad really because he's a top DM.

Some of our fans writing off Lucas completely and never giving him the credit he deserves is the perfect summary of his career.

He will always be extremely underappreciated by a good portion of our fan base. It's due to a mixture of his position (not many even understand the true necessity of a tactical DM in certain systems) and his personality (his humility/lack of flashiness). He's a working man's player. He goes in, gets the job done, keeps quiet, and repeats it again the next day the same way. People - especially those who might not be inclined to understand the game in its entirety - can't appreciate how essential he is to our success.

His discipline, tactical mindset, ability to read the game and breakdown opposition attacks before they hit our backline are not only hugely important for our defense, but also for our midfield. He allows someone like Can, Milner, and Hendo to be relieved of a good amount of their defensive duties and instead focus on being creative and launching attacks from the midfield. Whereas without Lucas, maybe we play with Hendo and Milner, then both of them are left worrying about defensive duties and as we saw, our offense had looked pretty flat as a result in our first few games.

Not only would I hand Lucas the captain's band (at least on a vice captain level), but I would hand him a new contract and sign someone who could be backup for his exact position and fill his role in 2-3 years time (i.e. Ruben Neves).

As said above, I think Hendo and Milner  are both "yes men" with good work ethics who agreed with everything Brendan had to say and for that reason were rewarded. But I think Lucas represents Klopp's ideals in a sense and also has been a key fixture in our team for longer than Hendo and Milner have been here combined. If Klopp is the normal one of managers, then Lucas is the normal one of players.

Really would like to see him paired with Can again in our midfield and hopefully Klopp continues to reward him for his loyalty and significance to our team.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #11680: Oct 18, 2015 07:52:32 pm
      Incredible that Lucas is still only 28.  Feels like he has been here for 20 years.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #11681: Oct 18, 2015 08:14:09 pm
      Some of our fans writing off Lucas completely and never giving him the credit he deserves is the perfect summary of his career.

He will always be extremely underappreciated by a good portion of our fan base. It's due to a mixture of his position (not many even understand the true necessity of a tactical DM in certain systems) and his personality (his humility/lack of flashiness). He's a working man's player. He goes in, gets the job done, keeps quiet, and repeats it again the next day the same way. People - especially those who might not be inclined to understand the game in its entirety - can't appreciate how essential he is to our success.

His discipline, tactical mindset, ability to read the game and breakdown opposition attacks before they hit our backline are not only hugely important for our defense, but also for our midfield. He allows someone like Can, Milner, and Hendo to be relieved of a good amount of their defensive duties and instead focus on being creative and launching attacks from the midfield. Whereas without Lucas, maybe we play with Hendo and Milner, then both of them are left worrying about defensive duties and as we saw, our offense had looked pretty flat as a result in our first few games.

Not only would I hand Lucas the captain's band (at least on a vice captain level), but I would hand him a new contract and sign someone who could be backup for his exact position and fill his role in 2-3 years time (i.e. Ruben Neves).

As said above, I think Hendo and Milner  are both "yes men" with good work ethics who agreed with everything Brendan had to say and for that reason were rewarded. But I think Lucas represents Klopp's ideals in a sense and also has been a key fixture in our team for longer than Hendo and Milner have been here combined. If Klopp is the normal one of managers, then Lucas is the normal one of players.

Really would like to see him paired with Can again in our midfield and hopefully Klopp continues to reward him for his loyalty and significance to our team.

Agree with all that mate except the point about Neves coming in as back up to Lucas. If we are bringing in a new DM he has to be better than what we already have. Neves is such a player. He is outstanding and would go straight in to the first team. Will give us great options in midfield if he comes in.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #11682: Oct 18, 2015 09:05:50 pm
      I gave him MOTM yesterday..
      Ran his F**kin heart out... again !
      great to see his one to one with Klopp on the way off the pitch at the end along with his post match interview..
      Mad to think he is now playing under his 5th LFC manager...
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #11683: Oct 18, 2015 10:24:31 pm
      Might just find himself as captain if he isn't careful. He should be at the very least appointed club captain if not first team skipper, he should have got that in the Summer IMHO. 

Quick Reply