Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Lucas Leiva (Liverpool > S.S. Lazio)

Read 1109358 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Lucas Leiva Player Thread
      Reply #11822: Feb 02, 2016 11:18:45 pm
      I didn't say anything about Lucas' performance today. Other than some shoddy passing, he wasn't at fault for too much, especially not for the goals. I was speaking generally.

Sorry TRM less aimed at you and more towards those in the match thread and above, was just quoting you to get the ball rolling I suppose, apologies if you thought it was totally aimed at you, not my intention.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #11823: Feb 02, 2016 11:30:29 pm
      I am surprised once again that with 60+% possession that a DM is too blame for the result. I imagine sticking the ball in the net via creative play is the problem. I don't think that is a DM related issue. Nor is cutting out a wonder goal. I don't think Barca are relying on Busquets goals or Bayern on Alonso to get them in front.

bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #11824: Feb 03, 2016 12:31:16 am
      I am surprised once again that with 60+% possession that a DM is too blame for the result. I imagine sticking the ball in the net via creative play is the problem. I don't think that is a DM related issue. Nor is cutting out a wonder goal. I don't think Barca are relying on Busquets goals or Bayern on Alonso to get them in front.

Lucas played fine tonight , broke up play recycled the ball diligently . Some people are looking for a scapegoat . Hendo was horrendous and lost possession a lot of the time .

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #11825: Feb 10, 2016 12:08:52 am
      New role for Lucas?...... apart from him giving away the the needless freekick he was imperious tonight.

He marshalled the defence really well, obviously helped by his composure on the ball and great reading of the game.

His lack of pace is also less likely to be exposed as a CB.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11826: Feb 10, 2016 12:11:19 am
      New role for Lucas?...... apart from him giving away the the needless freekick he was imperious tonight.

He marshalled the defence really well, obviously helped by his composure on the ball and great reading of the game.

He's played well at CB everytime he's played there this season which I think is about 3 or 4 times. I wouldn't be against it.

American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #11827: Feb 10, 2016 12:16:21 am

He's much more agile and quicker than Lovren, more composed and mentally capable at understanding the game than Sakho, and as you said he marshalls the defense extremely well when he's in there. Wouldn't mind him in that position regularly as he doesn't really offer much offensively from his usual midfield position anyway.

More than anything, I think his height could be exposed at that position. Many strikers are taller than him, and most who aren't could probably out jump him, not for his positioning abilities.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #11828: Feb 10, 2016 12:20:13 am
      He's much more agile and quicker than Lovren, more composed and mentally capable at understanding the game than Sakho, and as you said he marshalls the defense extremely well when he's in there. Wouldn't mind him in that position regularly as he doesn't really offer much offensively from his usual midfield position anyway.

More than anything, I think his height could be exposed at that position. Many strikers are taller than him, and most who aren't could probably out jump him, not for his positioning abilities.

Many things he is but he is not quicker than Lovren.

Lucas would be the slowest lad in the squad.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #11829: Feb 10, 2016 12:52:45 am
      If he can act as cover in defensive midfield and at centre back, he might prolong his career with us.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #11830: Feb 10, 2016 01:18:42 am
      He looks almost natural back there but there is a main reason why I wouldn't play him in a CB pairing; I don't think he's big enough quite frankly. The nudges he gave in the back to their players (and I'm not talking about the last one) and conceded free kicks, would become the norm as his lack of height doesn't allow him to tower in behind the attacker, to win it fairly. If he played it fairly, he would lose many of these kind of balls especially against your Carrols, Lukaku's and what-nots, and they are quite frequent in the Prem. We're already gnash at defending set-pieces that we don't need to be giving-up defensive aerial battles in-play to teams as well.

He's an excellent reader of the game, and would suit playing the central role of a trio of CB's, like Matthaus in the sweeper role, only just not as good as the German with his timing in the tackle. In saying that though, I ain't no fan of a back three, so therefore for me, Lucas wouldn't make a permanent CB, a fill in from time to time like today but not permanent.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #11831: Feb 10, 2016 01:37:43 am
      where was he for the goals?

he is not good enough

he has served us well, but we need better 
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #11832: Feb 10, 2016 01:48:15 am
      he was boss tonight.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #11833: Feb 10, 2016 01:49:23 am
      Totally agree.
      Played very well and oozed confidence and class.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #11834: Feb 10, 2016 04:48:01 am
      craigsmith1995
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #11835: Feb 17, 2016 12:59:44 pm
      He plays well as the holding sometimes but he has lost his pace since his ACL. I remember a few years back under Kenny he was class man city at home it was. However the games he has played CB (Less running) he has been really good, he reads the game quite well, really good in the air and gives it his all.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #11836: Feb 25, 2016 09:46:58 pm
      Top fella. top dog. they say you are poor whatever...they are idiots.

well done leiva, what a f***in double performance. 14 headers won? wow. my motm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #11837: Feb 25, 2016 09:52:45 pm
      Top fella. top dog. they say you are poor whatever...they are idiots.

well done leiva, what a f***in double performance. 14 headers won? wow. my motm

If it weren't for that 1 huge mistake in the first half and another in the 2nd half, he would've gotten my MOTM, but I agree, he played very good good tonight.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #11838: Feb 26, 2016 09:35:55 am
      Fantastic positional awareness. If he had a bit of height and pace about him he'd have beena top class centre back.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #11839: Feb 28, 2016 07:47:59 pm
      What a game from Lucas.

Playing at CB, then having to switch to his wrong side and still was the best player on the pitch.

I'm almost more gutted for him than for myself.

Absolute proper footballer is that lad.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #11840: Feb 28, 2016 07:55:58 pm
      I'd have to give this guy motm or Miggalo, can't believe the keeper doing what he did.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #11841: Feb 28, 2016 07:56:37 pm
      Had a boss game. My MOTM tonight. Make him captain!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #11842: Feb 28, 2016 07:57:55 pm
      Brilliant player our Lucas.

Would consider moving him to CB permanently.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #11843: Feb 28, 2016 07:59:10 pm
      Fantastic positional awareness. If he had a bit of height and pace about him he'd have beena top class centre back.

Don't really need the pace for CB but yea if he was a bit taller he'd be a superb defender.
      Kopite78
      Reply #11844: Feb 28, 2016 08:00:55 pm
      His first name is Lucas, Lucas, Lucas

His second name is Leiva Leiva Leiva

And that is why we like him like him like him

In fact we F***ing LOVE HIM LOVE HIM LOVE HIM

Whoa whoa whoaaaaaaaa
      Whoa whoa whoaaaaaaaa

Boss you lad

You'll never walk alone

Quick Reply