Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Lucas Leiva (Liverpool > S.S. Lazio)

Read 1109423 times
      RobyMancio
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Re: Lucas Leiva Player Thread
      Reply #11914: Jul 30, 2016 03:18:45 pm
      http://www.aloadofw**k.com/articles/galatasaray-in-advanced-talks-for-liverpool-midfielder-lucas-leiva-4140085

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/galatasaray-confirm-want-sign-liverpool-8523685

Ah Ha .

You read English papers.
      You read English internet.

haha genious :)

Mr Erdogan not arrested you yet ?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #11915: Jul 30, 2016 04:00:43 pm
      Good servant Lucas. Was outstanding in the Capital One final.

If he goes I'll always wonder what might have been had he not got injured vs Chelsea under Kenny.

He was imperious at the time - really hitting his straps.....

Was world class back then. Always wonder whether Kenny would have been sacked from the job if it weren't for that either. After he got injured our form just skydived. Seemed to be the bolt holding it all together.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #11916: Jul 31, 2016 09:47:25 am
      looks like he is on his way shame but time and injuries stopped us seeing him at his very best from a few years ago.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #11917: Jul 31, 2016 08:58:49 pm
      http://www.90min.com/posts/3538418-galatasaray-agree-deal-with-liverpool-for-lucas-leiva-transfer

If true. and it happens, can only wish all the very best to Lucas.  As one of the older stagers, so will be sorry to see him go.

Divided opinion at various times, and even though I think he lost a yard or two couple of years back, his reading of the game and his ability meant he could still fill in at the deep lying role.

It's pity really, still only 29, should have a good 3 or 4 years in him at PL level, but injury has hit him hard. Seems like a decent lad, and a good professional. Reckon he'll be missed about the place, and hope if he moves he gets more first team footy/time on the grass - would think would be what every player wants, specially when in the twilight years.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #11918: Jul 31, 2016 09:10:38 pm
      I'll be very sad to see him go.

Great servant for the club.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #11919: Jul 31, 2016 09:41:50 pm
      I can only assume that he wanted away and the low fee must have been a reward for his loyal & long service because the lousy couple of million wouldn't pay for the loss of his experience, or presence, in the 'dressing room' - a real clubman in my opinion.
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2016 09:52:26 pm by bad boy bubby »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 764 
      Reply #11920: Jul 31, 2016 09:49:02 pm
      Good luck to the lad, although will be sorry to see him leave tbh.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #11921: Jul 31, 2016 09:53:28 pm
      sorry to see him go and sorry injuries robbed us of a very special player. He did give his all in every game and must have made more tackles with his big toe than any other player in History
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #11922: Jul 31, 2016 11:15:40 pm
      Have a real soft spot for Lucas - said earlier that had he not picked up that bad one at Chelsea his history could be very very different with us.

His form around then was sensational - he was everywhere and really efficient and economical in possession. In my opinion he was approaching his peak and the player since hasn't been quite as mobile or fluid.

Good luck kid. You deserve to play and be appreciated.

We will miss you. YNWA.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #11923: Aug 01, 2016 06:24:13 am
      Please not Lucas  :( He really knows what it means to wear the red shirt and play for Liverpool! True legend to this club! 100% identification with him as a player!  He never gave up fighting for his place, despite no one believed in him at times!

You need such character in the team for god sakes.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #11924: Aug 01, 2016 07:51:59 am
      Please not Lucas  :( He really knows what it means to wear the red shirt and play for Liverpool! True legend to this club! 100% identification with him as a player!  He never gave up fighting for his place, despite no one believed in him at times!

I agree, Lucas is perhaps the only one in midfield who can control things.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #11925: Aug 01, 2016 09:37:42 am

I could be wrong but I seem to recall his first game for us,I am sure he came on as a sub against Everton at Goodison.If my memory is right I think he won us a penalty.Irrespective he will always be remembered as a good RED and will always be welcome at Anfield.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #11926: Aug 01, 2016 11:29:16 am
      I could be wrong but I seem to recall his first game for us,I am sure he came on as a sub against Everton at Goodison.If my memory is right I think he won us a penalty.Irrespective he will always be remembered as a good RED and will always be welcome at Anfield.
      They subbed off Gerrard! Lucas had the shot that Phil Neville punched off the line, and unlike Suarez in the WC, he was doing what anyone would do. I am a huge fan of Lucas for his ability, attitude and because of where he plays for us.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #11927: Aug 04, 2016 12:04:42 pm
      I guess this is good news IMO
      Lucas won't leave if no defensive cover is available
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lucas-stay-liverpool-until-defensive-11703582

YNWA
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #11928: Aug 04, 2016 01:03:44 pm
      They subbed off Gerrard! Lucas had the shot that Phil Neville punched off the line, and unlike Suarez in the WC, he was doing what anyone would do. I am a huge fan of Lucas for his ability, attitude and because of where he plays for us.

If I remember right, Gerrard got subbed off for being, well, let's call it over exuberant in his pursuit of the ball ;)

If Lucas just had some pace, he'd be one of the best around in that role.

I hope he stays.
      He's exactly the kind of player who could add to our coaching staff.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #11929: Aug 04, 2016 01:05:10 pm
      I hope the lad stays, still has plenty to offer us.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #11930: Aug 05, 2016 02:18:19 am
      I've said it before, I gave up on football heroes a long, long time ago. Lucas came damn close, undervalued by many of our own, underestimated by many an opposition and despite the very stiff competition, my favourite player of the last decade.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #11931: Aug 05, 2016 02:00:03 pm
      I've said it before, I gave up on football heroes a long, long time ago. Lucas came damn close, undervalued by many of our own, underestimated by many an opposition and despite the very stiff competition, my favourite player of the last decade.

That's quite a recommendation mate, given both the competition and your football knowledge.

I think he embodies everything the club stands for; he never gave up, he always held his head high, he always gives 100%
      On top of that, he made it his business to learn the club folklore, traditions and way of doing things.
      Never once have I seen an article in the press from him which is negative.

We need more like him, because he has a great attitude and has done since the day he arrived.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #11932: Aug 05, 2016 03:15:25 pm
      Our win percentage with Lucas in the team is significantly higher than without him. Maybe he's lacking some pace nowadays but I'd still like to see him stay.

I remember when he first joined, I thought he was awful. Proved me wrong!

Good article on Lucas and what he brings/brought:

http://talksport.com/football/liverpool-news-start-man-and-reds-win-rate-more-doubles-150123133621
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #11933: Aug 05, 2016 03:31:16 pm
      It's always the same every season.. Lucas is too slow, no legs, not good enough, needs to be sold etc. His lack of pace and mobility was never an issue as he had positional awareness and anticipation, adding to that, he has been our best ball distributor from the base of midfield since Masch left.

Hodgson & Rodgers tried to get rid, but he proved them wrong, and now with Klopp added to that list, if Lucas stays, I hope he proves another manager wrong.

He is only 29, still, not 39, I'm sure he can play for another 2-3 seasons.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #11934: Aug 05, 2016 08:24:11 pm
      Ha ha ha ha ha , stop it , i'm gona piss me'sen !!! Oh dear . Sometimes this Forum really does give me a good tickle. I'm gona show this post to my mates in work because comedy gold really has to be given to the world.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #11935: Aug 05, 2016 08:30:07 pm
      Ha ha ha ha ha , stop it , i'm gona piss me'sen !!! Oh dear . Sometimes this Forum really does give me a good tickle. I'm gona show this post to my mates in work because comedy gold really has to be given to the world.

I'm struggling to work out what's funny. He has been undervalued by our own fans and underestimated by those he's played against. I've not said he was the greatest I've seen, just my favourite. If you have a point to raise, do so, otherwise I can only assume you're being a dick.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #11936: Aug 06, 2016 09:10:03 am
      I'm struggling to work out what's funny. He has been undervalued by our own fans and underestimated by those he's played against. I've not said he was the greatest I've seen, just my favourite. If you have a point to raise, do so, otherwise I can only assume you're being a dick.
      Sorry, i was just being a dick.

Quick Reply