Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Lucas Leiva (Liverpool > S.S. Lazio)

Read 1105344 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Lucas Leiva Player Thread
      Reply #12029: Apr 02, 2017 02:51:49 pm
      I think it's a bit of a myth when people say he can't play 90 mins every week.
      He's only 30, and imo is benefiting immensely from Klopps training regime.
      Contrary to what many say, his legs aren't "gone", he just got a bit slower because of his injuries, and he was never the quickest to start with.

He showed his experience and footballing brain yesterday, and I was more impressed by that performance than any I've seen from him for a long time.

I agree, I don't think his legs are gone, and under Klopp, he is probably more fitter than ever, but whenever he gets a small run of games, he's out injured for the next week or month, this is why I don't think it'd be wise to have him playing week in, week out :(
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #12030: Apr 02, 2017 02:58:08 pm
      I agree, I don't think his legs are gone, and under Klopp, he is probably more fitter than ever, but whenever he gets a small run of games, he's out injured for the next week or month, this is why I don't think it'd be wise to have him playing week in, week out :(

Fair enough :)
      I take a different view in that his fitness has so markedly improved under Klopp, that the niggles are much less of a problem.

On a different note, what the F**k was Koeman moaning about when he spoke of the challenge by Lucas near the sideline?
      As far as I can see (and I've watched it a few times), it was a collision between 2 players going for the same ball. No feet up, no elbows, in fact nothing nasty that I could see apart from the Everton player trying to grab Lucas's throat, and even that seemed to be more the Everton fella losing his balance rather than being malicious.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #12031: Apr 03, 2017 06:05:13 am
      I think Lucas is very gifted with game intelligence and we certainly need that. Lovren gave him huge praise post match, said he played like he'd been there all season and he hasn't. Came in and did a great job. I agree with some other comments on here, play him in DM with the right structure and he is a real asset. Play him there with players who get pulled out of position all the time and it will look like he's at fault when he's trying to cover. It's like blaming the CB for a goal that comes form the left side when Moreno's playing. We all know who's fault that will be.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #12032: Apr 03, 2017 11:02:38 am
      I thought he was superb (I gave my motm to Coutinho but Lucas and Lovren were not far behind) but he has always played pretty well in derby games. I've been a big Lucas fan for many years and I think that yesterday shows that if he is to play then it should be in a CM position where he can sit and do what he does best. I'd hate to be a centre-back in Klopp's system, the way other teams retreat and the amount of possession we get means that our CBs are often under siege and unprotected when we turn over possession. This type of demand certainly does not suit Lucas so hopefully Jürgen will use him exclusively in the middle of the park from her on in (although the CDM is still at risk for the exact same reasons). 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #12033: Apr 04, 2017 09:52:26 pm
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #12034: Apr 05, 2017 11:35:11 am

I was just coming into this thread to comment on that, Brilliant from lucas.

Makes me think he might stay around for another season, even if game time is limited, his experience and passion is worth having around.

We lack very experienced players, our squad is quite young.

Lucas, milner & Klaven the only 3 players over 30 ?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #12035: Apr 05, 2017 08:42:27 pm
      Seen the post by Huyton Red at top of this page? 👀
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #12036: Apr 05, 2017 08:54:23 pm
      Seen the post by Huyton Red at top of this page? 👀

This page?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #12037: Apr 05, 2017 08:55:15 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #12038: Apr 05, 2017 09:22:18 pm

Ah suppose how you're 'foruming'.

And how are you Rodders? Still on the same number and when were you last up these parts?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #12039: Apr 05, 2017 09:42:33 pm
      Ah suppose how you're 'foruming'.

And how are you Rodders? Still on the same number and when were you last up these parts?

Hope to up in the summer for a few days, still the same number. Therapy is going well.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #12040: Apr 05, 2017 09:48:40 pm
      Hope to up in the summer for a few days, still the same number. Therapy is going well.

Brill. Give me a shout when you're up.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #12041: Apr 16, 2017 03:53:40 pm
      Another superb display from our man Lucas
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #12042: Apr 26, 2017 03:11:32 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #12043: Apr 26, 2017 03:18:39 pm
      Deserves a testimonial in my opinion.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #12044: Apr 26, 2017 03:37:27 pm

Absolutely.

Don't give a sh*t whether people think he's outstanding, good, bad etc. His loyalty and dedication to the club has been nothing short of brilliant. He clearly loves the club, the city and the people. The least we could do would be to repay his service with a testimonial.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #12045: Apr 26, 2017 03:47:22 pm
      Absolutely.

Don't give a sh*t whether people think he's outstanding, good, bad etc. His loyalty and dedication to the club has been nothing short of brilliant. He clearly loves the club, the city and the people. The least we could do would be to repay his service with a testimonial.

It was shocking when Hyypia was not offered one too..
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #12046: May 01, 2017 08:19:14 am
      Galatasaray on the cards very strong noises being made €4m, gonna miss him.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12047: May 01, 2017 05:42:20 pm

He'd better get one.

Sami missed out on one as you say Shabs .

Theres been a few player fu**ed off in the close season without one .

Apparently there is a video coming out    10 Years A Red

Respect to a player that always has put his shift in.

Absolutely.

Exactly .  Couldn't agree more .
      « Last Edit: May 01, 2017 05:46:53 pm by MIRO »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #12048: May 01, 2017 06:21:52 pm
      Absolutely.

Without a single shadow of doubt. The number of times he's been on the brink of leaving and yet still stayed is a strange one but it was never Lucas forcing the move and when manager's have u-turned he has simply carried on as if nothing happened. Pure class, incredible loyalty and in my mind he is the biggest asset to the squad when off the pitch.

While on it I've no doubt whatsoever that he is a fantastic player, one of the very best defensive midfielders in the country and prior to his injury he was the best in the league without a single shadow of doubt. The injuries have taken their toll, there's no question, but the quality still shines through. Love him.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #12049: May 02, 2017 06:28:00 am
      Just a top class guy and example of hard work and dedication. Enough has been written about his football abilities... Yet not enough about his mental strength which is superior to any player at the club at present. A good honest pro...every team needs a Lucas.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #12050: May 02, 2017 11:27:59 am
      Got to admit his dive was better than anything he managed on the pitch  :lmao:

https://twitter.com/mrboywunder/status/859331602727546880
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12051: May 02, 2017 11:39:30 am
      Just a top class guy and example of hard work and dedication. Enough has been written about his football abilities... Yet not enough about his mental strength which is superior to any player at the club at present. A good honest pro...every team needs a Lucas.

Good honest pro??? Ive just watched  HScRed1 post on his dive?? Is that honest??. He F***ing dived just like the manc tw*t. Lets call a spade a spade aye  ;) ;) ;)

Quick Reply