Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Lucas Leiva (Liverpool > S.S. Lazio)

Read 1105310 times
      Yawaray
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | -2 
      Re: Lucas Leiva (Attacking Midfielder)
      Reply #46: Dec 06, 2007 09:30:03 am
      Lucas is a player that I believe can become world player. He has all it takes to succeed at a big club like liverpool if he keeps his head down. He is calm can pass the ball very well and can tackle. He also has vision which is great.Winning brazillian best player at 19 is not a joke. Let us just watch the young man grow to stardom. I wont stop praying for our young lads so pride wont chipin. Nemeth is gonna break into the senior team this year if he keeps working hard. That boy is special.
      Yawaray
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | -2 
      Reply #47: Dec 06, 2007 09:36:40 am
      Arbeloa, Insua, Reina, Agger, Hobbs, Spearing, Lucas, Leto, Babel, Torress, Nemeth, Huth etc. Benitez. What a combination?
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #48: Dec 06, 2007 10:02:03 am
      I believe he will be a great player, however he is the same age as Fabregas at the moment, it will take time to be better than Cesc, maybe as the players are at their peak Lucas may have caught up, Lucas just needs a boost in confidence so he can score a few.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #49: Dec 06, 2007 10:33:37 am
      I think if we had Lucas from when they bought Cesc, Lucas would poo all over him. His ability on the ball is amazing after only half a season, while Cesc has taken him 5 years to get to this stage. No doubting both their talents and Cesc is the better player for now but Lucas could have been massive by now. Onwards and upwards now and stardom awaits the young lad.
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #50: Dec 06, 2007 11:56:21 am
      The lad definitely has something about him. He certainly has composure in abundance and can make a good pass as well. His temperament seems good for one so young and he can only get better. Playing alongside the likes of Steven Gerrard and having Carra behind you will make most good youngsters even better...definitely looks capable of making that centre mid position his own someday...   
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #51: Dec 07, 2007 09:32:35 am
      And Torres in front.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #52: Dec 13, 2007 11:08:54 am
      Alright people, could be seen as a bit of a silly post this and im sure most of you have thought of this too, but i reckon we should change our "Best midfield in the world" chant slightly:

Woohhh Woooohh Wooohhh We've got the best midfield in the world,
      We've got xabi alonso, gerrard, sissoko, leiva and mascherano-oo.

(Or you could change the leiva to lucas)

The reason for this is because i can see Leiva being an awesome player for us, the glimpses i've seen of him, he looks like he has a lot of potential, surely if we get behind him, his improvement will be ven better because he knows the fans around the world are chanting his name.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #53: Dec 13, 2007 11:34:23 am
      Alright people, could be seen as a bit of a silly post this and im sure most of you have thought of this too, but I reckon we should change our "Best midfield in the world" chant slightly:

Woohhh Woooohh Wooohhh We've got the best midfield in the world,
      We've got Yossi and Pennant, gerrard and Kewell, leiva,xabi,andmascherano-oo.

Like I was trying to post before they moved this post to here I think the one above is more appropriate as I doubt Sissoko is first choice any more and we have a few good wingers and holding players.
      « Last Edit: Dec 13, 2007 11:38:56 am by AJ »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #54: Dec 13, 2007 12:10:13 pm
      We need to kill this song, before we only sign players whose names fit snuggly into it...

Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #55: Dec 13, 2007 04:56:15 pm

We need to kill this song, before we only sign players whose names fit snuggly into it...

How about

Xabi Alonso, Lucas Pezzini, Gerrard and Mascherano-o-o

He's got three names as I remember well when EddieC gave me a b*llocking and marked me down (I think) for suggesting he only had one.

That was in the days of my first postings and before Eddie came to love me. ;D 
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #56: Dec 13, 2007 05:00:34 pm
      He's got three names as I remember well when EddieC gave me a b*llocking and marked me down (I think) for suggesting he only had one.

That was in the days of my first postings and before Eddie came to love me. ;D 

I never bollocked you, it's not in my nature ;D

As I recall it you said he had three names to which I pointed out that I also had three names.

And I still think you're a w**ker  :rasp:
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #57: Dec 13, 2007 08:00:16 pm
      I never bollocked you, it's not in my nature ;D

As I recall it you said he had three names to which I pointed out that I also had three names.

And I still think you're a w**ker  :rasp:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Aren't we all?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #58: Dec 13, 2007 08:11:11 pm
      I thunk Lucas is an all round midfielder,he can attack and he can defend and he knows how to pass a ball.Alonso will have to be at the top of his game and consistent to get and stay in the side.another poster mentioned Insua,I cant wait for this lad to make the grade to the 1st team.Whatever other people say I believe we are in a very good position player wise with our squad,reserves and youth teams.With Danny Agger returning soon there will be one hell of a battle to get a place in the side.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #59: Dec 13, 2007 08:23:40 pm
      His passing is fantastic, he was obviously unlucky not to score against Neverton (maybe Neville should be the new England Keeper) but he just seems to be the sort of player we have been lacking. Ovbiously Torres is more of the last piece of the puzzle but he looks the real deal.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #60: Dec 14, 2007 08:07:12 am
      His passing is fantastic, he was obviously unlucky not to score against Neverton (maybe Neville should be the new England Keeper) but he just seems to be the sort of player we have been lacking. Ovbiously Torres is more of the last piece of the puzzle but he looks the real deal.
      He didnt score against Everton but he did the next best thing and made Neville panic and got us the penalty.This lad is the goods no doubt about it.GO LUCAS GO THE REDS.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #61: Dec 16, 2007 01:11:33 pm
      Another outing on the bench.  Clearly pushing ahead of some other central midfielders in Rafa's eyes.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #62: Dec 16, 2007 05:31:38 pm
      Midfield was not our problem today.

SG and JM played world-class midfield footy today.
      Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #63: Dec 16, 2007 11:39:21 pm
      Midfield was not our problem today.

SG and JM played world-class midfield footy today.

I dont think they did cause we would of won, if they played to the best of their abilities
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #64: Dec 16, 2007 11:58:38 pm
      I dont think they did cause we would of won, if they played to the best of their abilities

We didn't win because we didn't take our chances at the front! We defended well, in the midfield and the defence! Their goal was a brief lapse in what was mostly an excellent performance!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #65: Jan 10, 2008 07:22:39 pm
      Am I missing something about this guy.

£5 million he cost us.

Captain of Brazil Under 20's.

Why does he look so...erm.. 'ordinary'.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #66: Jan 10, 2008 07:40:13 pm

£5 million he cost us.

Still settling in probably. Even the best players struggle to find any form when they're only getting occassional games, so it can't be too easy from him.

I think part of the problem for Lucas, same as Babel, is the fact that Torres has raised the bar. Nando settled in so quickly we expect others to do the same, when the reality is it doesn't usually work like that.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #67: Jan 10, 2008 08:19:26 pm

£5 million he cost us.

He does have that average player look to him but like Eddie said he's still settling in, added to the fact that he only really comes on as a sub anyway it will take a while before we see the best of him.  I think Babel is doing really well too and would consider both players to be able to provide the attacking edge we have needed for some time.
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Reply #68: Jan 10, 2008 08:21:04 pm
      He is still young and its his first season in the premiership (he only has about 14-15 appearances and 5-6 starts i think).
      You also have to consider that he is from Brazil and not a lot of players prefer to move to England because of the style of play.
      Give him time,i'm sure he will prove to be a good buy.

Quick Reply