Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Lucas Leiva (Liverpool > S.S. Lazio)

Read 1109463 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Lucas Leiva Player Thread
      Reply #12006: Feb 23, 2017 05:38:52 pm
      Stevie are Lucas are exactly what the academy needs as not only coaches but as role-models for the kids. Just finished listening to the TAW interview and what a great guy he is; really has his head screwed on the right way.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #12007: Feb 25, 2017 10:28:37 pm
      http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-news-lucas-leiva-mascherano-premier-league-anfield-wrap-a7594076.html

Snippet of an interview taken from The Anfield Wrap. Can't help but like him, just sounds like a real decent fella. I know a lad who is mates with his agent and he said he is just a normal lad, seems like he has been treated like crap at various points over the last decade from within the club.

If anyone can help with getting a link to the full interview without having to subscribe, (cheap skate me) it would be much appreciated.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #12008: Feb 27, 2017 10:33:37 pm
      He sh*t how F**k he still here
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #12009: Feb 27, 2017 11:41:10 pm
      Deffo sounds like Lucas may end up on the coaching staff ;)

Let's hope so eh, quicker he's out the defence the better.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #12010: Feb 27, 2017 11:55:12 pm
      Having seen quite a few games this season of one of the most limited forwards in the PL and if it was his birthday wish of who he would like to play against.

Thanks Jürgen   :f_wah:
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #12011: Feb 28, 2017 12:36:14 am
      Show level we at mid table club with sh*t like Lucas and put can on list
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #12012: Feb 28, 2017 12:55:03 am
      Having seen quite a few games this season of one of the most limited forwards in the PL and if it was his birthday wish of who he would like to play against.

Thanks Jürgen   :f_wah:

With a high line  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
      The fact Lucas is a limited defensive midfielder isn't his fault. Jürgen Klopp somehow some way sees a centre back in him, feel sorry for Lucas manager is killing him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #12013: Feb 28, 2017 01:01:06 am
      Let's hope so eh, quicker he's out the defence the better.

Can't argue with that.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #12014: Feb 28, 2017 01:09:12 am

Thank F**k.

I saw your name on the end of this thread, and tentatively scrolled down, kind of expecting a bit of abuse.  :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #12015: Feb 28, 2017 01:19:10 am
      Thank F**k.

I saw your name on the end of this thread, and tentatively scrolled down, kind of expecting a bit of abuse.  :)

F**k that haven't got the energy to argue over that sh*te tonight ;)

Still kind of shell-shocked from what I saw tonight, problems far worse than just Lucas for me!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1630 
      Reply #12016: Feb 28, 2017 07:26:28 am
      Came in here last night to rip into lucas but in the cold light of dsy decided against it , I feel the the blame for that last night lies squarely on Jurgens shoulders , Lucas is way out of his depth as a centre back but he didnt choose to play there , if we haven't got one kid in the academy who could have done a better job last night then what has been the point of the last few years recruitment .Feel fckin numb this morning and not from the cold .
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #12017: Feb 28, 2017 08:02:27 pm
      F***ing sh*t anyone can see that how F**k last few mangers seem play him he sh*t
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #12018: Apr 01, 2017 08:36:30 pm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #12019: Apr 01, 2017 08:44:40 pm

Someone said to me in the post match that they agreed with me on everything except Lucas over Can for MotM. Those numbers certainly back up his argument and make it extremely compelling.

Knew he was good but those are incredible stats.

Well in Lucas lad.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #12020: Apr 01, 2017 08:47:46 pm
      Superb today. I remember his debut came in the Merseyside derby with Rafa putting him on midway through the second half (I think he made the bold decision to sub him on for Gerrard) and his shot on goal late on in the game was hand balled on the line by Phil Neville (;D). Gormless twin was sent off and Kuyt (I think) stepped up to score the penalty. 9 and a half years later, his contribution was as important today. 
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #12021: Apr 01, 2017 09:47:39 pm
      He was OK today. Nothing more. Let's not get carried away. Went missing for their goal  but other than that was just steady.
      Another case of the occasion getting the better of peoples judgement.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #12022: Apr 01, 2017 09:55:40 pm
      He was OK today. Nothing more. Let's not get carried away. Went missing for their goal  but other than that was just steady.
      Another case of the occasion getting the better of peoples judgement.

Watched the game again and the goal conceded. It wasn't actually Lucas' fault. Watch it again and see why Lucas had to leave his man.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #12023: Apr 01, 2017 10:39:59 pm
      Watched the game again and the goal conceded. It wasn't actually Lucas' fault. Watch it again and see why Lucas had to leave his man.
      Watched it a few times and he should of done more. BTW , he was OK today but did nothing to stand out. Just doing your job is not worthy of praise. Doing your job really well consistently IS . Lucas does not fall into this category .
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #12024: Apr 02, 2017 12:49:03 pm
      Someone said to me in the post match that they agreed with me on everything except Lucas over Can for MotM. Those numbers certainly back up his argument and make it extremely compelling.

Knew he was good but those are incredible stats.

Well in Lucas lad.

Think that was me 'Luke.

I thought he was excellent yesterday, barely gave them a sniff, positioned himself very well, used the ball intelligently, and showed that you don't need to be a giant to dominate in the air. For a shortarse, he wins an awful lot of headers, and I liked the way he created little pockets of space so he had plenty of time to pick his passes.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #12025: Apr 02, 2017 01:33:00 pm
      I think Klopps use of Lucas has been a little poor. More time in his natural position and less time at centre back and  he is still a good option.

Strengthen the CB position and keep Lucas as depth for the midfield and as a total emergency CB would be my advice but looks like he's off.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #12026: Apr 02, 2017 01:46:06 pm
      I think Klopps use of Lucas has been a little poor. More time in his natural position and less time at centre back and  he is still a good option.

Strengthen the CB position and keep Lucas as depth for the midfield and as a total emergency CB would be my advice but looks like he's off.

Lucas isn't able to player in other positions to a high quality like for instance, as Steve Gerrard could. He isn't gifted at all dynamically in that respect.

Look, he (Klopp) tried Lucas at CB - it didn't work, not to the extent it has for Milner at LB. As long as Klopp doesn't think Lucas is a solution to a problem at CB, then all is good.

I've given Lucas plenty of flack for his performances, and really that should have equally been aimed at Klopp for putting Lucas in that position.

I thought he was superb against the Bluenoses, and for me was our MotM, and he's certainly given me a chunk of humble pie to scoff on. In fairness, I'd probably even doubted him playing to the standard he did on Saturday, which is due to the fact my view on him was mired by the fact that he looked poor as a CB. I don't even remember him giving those customary dangerous fouls away in and around the edge of our box - that too, used to infuriate me!

He looked so much more at home in that role, and I was quick to dismiss him. If he is capable of pulling that level off on a consistent basis then I've no problem with him being called upon in the future.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #12027: Apr 02, 2017 02:28:28 pm
      For me, he has always looked good in the DM role and has shown he is capable of playing CB if needed. I actually don't think he has had many bad games when called upon over the last 2-3 seasons.

Yesterday showed that we don't necessary need a fit, mobile industrious quick player (Hendo & Can) to play in the #6 role under Klopp as many (myself included) assumed. But having proper key defensive midfield attributes and a finesse in distributing the ball are just as, if not more important than the athletic side.

Despite how much I rate him, I know his limits. He can not play 90 mins week in, week out and is clearly not the answer to the #6 role, but as a squad player, he really does exceed.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #12028: Apr 02, 2017 02:43:36 pm
      For me, he has always looked good in the DM role and has shown he is capable of playing CB if needed. I actually don't think he has had many bad games when called upon over the last 2-3 seasons.

Yesterday showed that we don't necessary need a fit, mobile industrious quick player (Hendo & Can) to play in the #6 role under Klopp as many (myself included) assumed. But having proper key defensive midfield attributes and a finesse in distributing the ball are just as, if not more important than the athletic side.

Despite how much I rate him, I know his limits. He can not play 90 mins week in, week out and is clearly not the answer to the #6 role, but as a squad player, he really does exceed.

I think it's a bit of a myth when people say he can't play 90 mins every week.
      He's only 30, and imo is benefiting immensely from Klopps training regime.
      Contrary to what many say, his legs aren't "gone", he just got a bit slower because of his injuries, and he was never the quickest to start with.

He showed his experience and footballing brain yesterday, and I was more impressed by that performance than any I've seen from him for a long time.

Quick Reply