Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Lucas Leiva (Liverpool > S.S. Lazio)

Read 1105268 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Lucas Leiva Player Thread
      Reply #12052: May 02, 2017 12:05:49 pm
      Good honest pro??? Ive just watched  HScRed1 post on his dive?? Is that honest??. He F***ing dived just like the manc tw*t. Lets call a spade a spade aye  ;) ;) ;)

I'd love to see how many times he has been dived compared to how many times he has dived. Even if you only include times he received a yellow when he has been sinned against, I'd wager it's a large ratio. Not condoning the dive, but you could certainly argue that it is learned behaviour.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #12053: May 02, 2017 01:42:53 pm
      Believe I read this morning he has  more PL assists than Mikywhatshisname, Willian, Rashford and Ramsey.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #12054: May 02, 2017 02:29:26 pm
      I have no doubt in my mind that Lucas read what Cleverley said, and knowing what he said, I bet Lucas planned on screwing over Cleverley at any given opportunity (not footballing aspect because that's just too easy as he showed), so fair play for diving and trying to get a pen against that c**t, shame he failed though :(
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #12055: May 02, 2017 05:54:02 pm
      I have no doubt in my mind that Lucas read what Cleverley said, and knowing what he said, I bet Lucas planned on screwing over Cleverley at any given opportunity (not footballing aspect because that's just too easy as he showed), so fair play for diving and trying to get a pen against that c**t, shame he failed though :(

Didn't realise it was Cleverly, yeah agree with PM.

Believe I read this morning he has  more PL assists than Mikywhatshisname, Willian, Rashford and Ramsey.

A few years back there was a big debate about Lucas contributing more in an attacking sense and in that debate a few of us mentioned what a threat he could be from corners and if he didn't have to stay as the furthest man back he could provide more but as he was given that specific role then to attack him for it was unfair.

Great to see that JĆ¼rgen has brought back this part of his game by giving him license to move forward more. When he does go forward for corners he's a real threat and a goal is not far away at all and also no surprise to see him assisting more. Was always one of our better passers.

Hope what HR says is true and he does go on to coach with us because one of the hardest things to coach is positional awareness and those yards you can gain in your mind. Lucas is right at the top of the tree in these aspects so if anyone is to pass on those skills to the younger lads it's him. Also, off the pitch, as I've said many, many times you wont find a better pro or example for the youth.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #12056: May 02, 2017 05:58:23 pm
      Does he deserve a new contract? I think he does for his loyalty and experience. Is he happy to play as back-up player? I do not know.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #12057: May 02, 2017 06:32:15 pm
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #12058: May 03, 2017 03:02:31 pm
      Want him to stay for another year. He seems to be in some fine form right now and would love him to remain a squad player.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12059: May 11, 2017 11:26:02 pm
      10 YEARS AT ANFIELD AS A RED

Only the fourth player since the war to complete a decade with the club .

FANTASTIC  ACHIEVEMENT  AND LOYALTY
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #12060: May 11, 2017 11:28:12 pm

Not bad going seeing as he's had a couple of managers do their best to bin him off.

Well in Lucas!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #12062: May 11, 2017 11:37:56 pm
      I've said it before, I'll say it again, I gave up on football heroes a long time ago, but Lucas came damn close to rekindling it. Not the best but certainly my favourite player in my time supporting the reds.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #12063: May 12, 2017 12:14:08 am

I think you mean 4th foreigner to complete a decade with the club since the war?
      « Last Edit: May 12, 2017 12:22:01 am by PurpleMonkey »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #12064: May 14, 2017 10:30:16 pm
      He stays for me.

Unbelievable how much more threatening we were with him in the side rather than the increasingly ineffective Lucas.

No brainer about next week.

Absolute sh*te the last few weeks though. Not a match winner in a time when we're crying out for a match winner.

Rather than littering Sturridge's thread with Lucas, I rather bring it in here and discuss.

Seriously SOAG, I thought you was an intelligent poster, but what kind of trippy sh*t is this? I am really confused. You do know Lucas has been playing as the #6, right? And today, our midfield was creative not because of Can, but because we played a striker with Coutinho and Lallana in the middle of the diamond. Lets also add that  West Ham had a lot of their first team players out and it was pretty much the end of their season for them as they are safe.

Seriously, we lose, blame Lucas, we draw, blame Lucas and we win.....

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #12065: May 15, 2017 03:59:00 pm
      Great words from Gerrard, and it highlights something that some have said about Lucas, which seems to go unnoticed by many.

A decade of first playing alongside and then watching Lucas Leiva has helped shape the way in which Steven Gerrard wants to coach Liverpoolā€™s Academy players.

Gerrard, of course, shared a dressing room with Lucas for eight years before calling time on his glittering Anfield career in the summer of 2015.

The legendary former Reds captain returned to his boyhood club as an Academy coach in February and will take charge of Liverpoolā€™s U18s ahead of next season.

And it seems that members of Gerrardā€™s squad can expect Lucas to be held up to them as a shining example of what it takes to establish yourself as a first-team regular with Liverpool.

ā€œSitting here at the Academy, the biggest compliment I can give to Lucas is I turned up here and realised thereā€™s a lot of talented players here with the ball - a big part of my job now moving forward is can I turn them into Lucas Leiva without the ball, if you like,ā€ Gerrard says in ā€˜Lucas: 10 Years a Redā€™, a brand new and exclusive LFCTV documentary made to celebrate the Brazilianā€™s decade at Anfield.

ā€œThey have got talent like Lucas with the ball but they donā€™t do what Lucas does without it in terms of dirty running, in terms of going into many collisions over the 90 minutes, going in where it hurts and sacrificing yourself for the team, doing the dirty work and emptying that tank every time.

ā€œBasically, performing for the supporters, how the supporters would perform if you can understand that.

ā€œI think if we can get a lot of Lucas Leiva into these kids then the Academy will produce more players who are ready for the physical demands of first-team football because heā€™s blessed with it. Heā€™s blessed with talent not just with the ball, but without the ball as well.ā€

As well as the huge professional admiration and respect Gerrard feels for Lucas, the 36-year-oldā€™s fondness towards his former teammate on a personal level is also clear.

ā€œI just smile when I think of Lucas because Iā€™ve spoken about the player and what he gives to the team with and without the ball, but the person is just as important for me,ā€ he adds.

ā€œHe is certainly one of the best people Iā€™ve met through my journey in my career. Iā€™ve got plenty of time for him and whatever he decides to do at the end of the season.

ā€œHeā€™s a credit to his family but heā€™s got a superb family supporting him. Whatever they decide to do I wish them all the best. Hopefully itā€™s still here, Iā€™d like him to stay.

ā€œI donā€™t make that decision, but for me thereā€™s always a place for Lucas Leiva at Liverpool Football Club whether he stays or goes, and heā€™s always welcome to come back here. Iā€™ve got a lot of time for him.ā€

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/263125-he-s-an-example-to-all-academy-players-stevie-on-lucas
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #12066: May 16, 2017 01:22:29 pm
      Lucas Leiva: 'Unique' Liverpool is my home

"My life, my city, my home, that's how I see it."

After 10 years in Liverpool, Lucas Leiva has no problem articulating exactly what the city means to him - even if he didn't see it coming.

Had anyone interrupted a shy, talented 20-year-old flying over to Merseyside for the first time in July 2007 to tell him things would pan out this way, he wouldn't have believed them.

But a decade on from the Brazilian leaving the comfort of his homeland to try and forge a career at Anfield, he has 345 appearances to his name and the distinction of being the club's longest-serving player.

As the 30-year-old explains in 'Lucas: 10 Years a Red', the new documentary which premieres on LFCTV at 8pm BST this evening, the journey he has undertaken is a source of immense pride.

He says: "If someone had said to me at that moment I would be 10 years at Liverpool and have two kids born in Liverpool, I would say they were crazy!

"I came to Liverpool always thinking to be successful and always to put my mark at the club. But 10 years is a long time, especially these days in football with players moving after only two years.

"So I'm really proud talking to you and looking back at every season and the moments.

"Of course, you always want more but I think my 10 years [at LFC]... I just have to be grateful and be proud of my journey and be thankful to all of the people who helped me."

Fittingly, the fates of Lucas and the city he has called home for 10 years are somewhat intertwined.

Prior to the flurry of investment that the 2008 Capital of Culture celebrations prompted, Liverpool was a very different place.

But, during a decade that has seen the Dourados native grow as a player and a person, his personal transformation has been mirrored by his surroundings.

He adds: "I kind of saw the way Liverpool progressed, I would say.

"Of course, when I first came we didn't have Liverpool One, some of the buildings behind us were not there, the Echo Arena wasn't there, so I think it has been a period where Liverpool as a city has progressed a lot.

"I think it's more beautiful now. You have more options, so it's good. When I first came I didn't have much options, I would say, to go out or have food or drink the way I would like to.

"It just shows as well how much as a city Liverpool progressed the last 10 years."

Of course, it is not the buildings that make a city, but the people.

And anyone who has heard Lucas speak these days could probably guess that he has no qualms about being described as an adopted Scouser.

He explains: "I have no regrets if someone calls me Scouse because as I said before, Liverpool is a unique city, they have unique people and I feel really one of them.

"I have a lot of Scouse friends and it's a city you can see that has people who fight and never give up.

"Sometimes it's hard but that's what you should be and fight for what you believe in. That's how I see Liverpool people because they fight for things that they believe in."

It is that affinity with the people of Liverpool that means the club's supporters are the ones Lucas is ultimately most keen to please whenever he pulls on the shirt.

And when asked how he would like to be thought of by the fans, he replies: "I think they would see me as a loyal player.

"That's how I think they would see me. I always gave my all and always fought for the shirt, that's how I would like them to see me."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/263444-lucas-leiva-unique-liverpool-is-my-home
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #12067: May 16, 2017 01:56:25 pm
      Can't wait to watch this tonight. Yet another one of Rafa's bargains who turns out to be a really good person & player.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #12068: May 21, 2017 06:41:32 pm
      Seemed very emotional at the end there, could it be a sign, that finally he'll leave? Whatever happens it was a lovely moment for Lucas, personally think he should stay with us and join Stevie on the coaching staff but his mind is set on playing a few more years yet, maybe at the end he can come back, I'd love that.

Big respect Lucas.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #12069: May 21, 2017 06:45:02 pm
      Would recommend any reds to watch lucas: 10 years a red.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #12070: May 21, 2017 06:46:08 pm
      Seemed very emotional at the end there, could it be a sign, that finally he'll leave? Whatever happens it was a lovely moment for Lucas, personally think he should stay with us and join Stevie on the coaching staff but his mind is set on playing a few more years yet, maybe at the end he can come back, I'd love that.

Big respect Lucas.

I would have him for another season as a player tbh. He'll be 31 once his contract runs out and then leave on the free with a nice signing on bonus for another club.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #12071: May 21, 2017 06:47:23 pm

Big respect Lucas.

He can still do a job when needed on the pitch, but I think he'd be better coaching alongside Gerrard, or maybe even combine the roles.

10 years is a great achievement for a player that the armchair experts had being sold every summer ;)
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #12072: May 21, 2017 06:55:22 pm

Big respect Lucas.

It did look like it was probably his last time out in a red shirt. Has been a great servant to the club and put in a few decent performances back in a midfield role towards the back end of this season to show he is not done yet. If he is on the move I really think he would be suited to playing in Serie A for one of the better Italian sides.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #12073: May 22, 2017 09:26:46 am
      Would recommend any reds to watch lucas: 10 years a red.

Quiet brilliant wasn't it mate?

Nearly shed a tear at one stage.

He's a good man Lucas, never knew he started out his early career as an attacker and scored a fair few goals.

Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #12074: Jul 14, 2017 02:31:29 pm
      Liverpool accept Ā£5m bid from Lazio for midfielder Lucas Leiva.

Sourse: Sky Sports

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10948540/lazio-agree-5m-fee-for-liverpools-lucas-leiva
      « Last Edit: Jul 14, 2017 02:37:40 pm by Pear »

Quick Reply