Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Alberto Aquilani
      (58.7%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (18.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (4%)
      Ryan Babel
      (1.3%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (17.3%)

Liverpool 2-1 Atletico Madrid: Live match thread and post match frustration

Read 63932 times
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Atletico Madrid: Live match thread and post match frustration
      Reply #1242: Apr 30, 2010 04:51:07 pm
      Thought the Reds played well but without Torres up front lack a real cutting edge,Dirk Kurt runs about a lot but is not clinical enough in front of goal.Rafa has taken the Reds as far as he can now,time for a change.He played with a attacking line up for once last night instead of his usual ultra defensive line up.For the first time in a long time i actually enjoyed watching Liverpool play,passing & moving the ball with style,but Rafa will go back to his cautious defensive style if he is still at the club next season. 
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1243: Apr 30, 2010 05:47:00 pm
      Could not disagree more. Of course the CL is the tournament every team wants to win, but there are other challenges out there too. The fans should not take CL participation for granted and get hardly excited about anything else. Last night the team gave their best, and their best was not good enough, so I guess we are either a Mickey Mouse club or this tournament is not so easy to win. 

Read the paragraph beneath the one you've quoted. Then re-read the paragraph you did quote and look up the word sarcasm then you may, just may, get the gist of it slightly better.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1244: Apr 30, 2010 06:00:40 pm
      Still broken after that result.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1245: Apr 30, 2010 11:33:32 pm
      F***ing still shattered some 24 hours later. Gonna take a long time to get over that.  :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,584 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #1246: Apr 30, 2010 11:39:55 pm
      Same here, and reading the Gerrard interview on the official website breaks my heart. work on Monday, anyone says a word and i will have to hit them!

LFC.TV::

Steven Gerrard today reflected on Liverpool's Europa League semi-final defeat by Atletico Madrid and admitted a failure to score the decisive goal in the first leg ultimately proved to be their downfall.

The Reds skipper felt the players gave everything they possibly could on the night after a grueling 120 minutes at Anfield and claimed defeat was tough to take

"I am very tired and so are the rest of the boys because we put a lot of effort into the game but unfortunately we came up a bit short in the end," Gerrard told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"I am sure the majority of the supporters know we all gave everything we have got. When I was at the training ground this morning lads were getting treatment, they had bruises all over them and they are tired.

"We gave every inch of blood and sweat on the pitch but unfortunately it just wasn't enough.

"I know we won the game on the night but unfortunately we lost on the away goals rule. I am very frustrated and disappointed, but looking at both games overall I think us not getting the away goal in Madrid ultimately was the key to us not reaching the final.

"I think we did enough at Anfield on the night. You can only ask to win the game and we did that. I thought we did it quite comfortably to be honest but unfortunately in Europe it's about two legs and away goals do play a big part.

"We just never had enough quality in the final third of the field in Madrid to get that important away goal.

"We are disappointed because we went out of the Champions League, FA Cup and Carling Cup too early and we felt the Europa League was very important because we wanted to win a trophy for the supporters."

Hibernation until August anyone?

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1247: Apr 30, 2010 11:57:23 pm
      Sorry Stevie lad, but what the F**k is all this we? Some of the lads might of given all they had (although after watching the replay when I got home this evening, I doubt that) but you certainly didn't - Captain.

You strolled round doing F**k all. So save your F***ing words lad, you might waste too much energy for the World Cup talking about us going out of Europe. Save yourself lad, after all you have done all season. So why change now eh?

How the F**k does he, after that performance and season for that matter, have the nerve to F***ing open his mouth saying he gave his all?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #1248: May 01, 2010 12:10:26 am
      Can anyone tell me, when short sharp passing and moving was looking so good. Why we resorted to pumping long balls over 60 yards down the pitch to A M defenders. Was that a panic mode after getting the scond goal, and wanting the ball as far away as posible from our goal, Or was it a tactic rehursed at Melwood ?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1249: May 01, 2010 12:20:46 am
      Sorry Stevie lad, but what the F**k is all this we? Some of the lads might of given all they had (although after watching the replay when I got home this evening, I doubt that) but you certainly didn't - Captain.

You strolled round doing F**k all. So save your F***ing words lad, you might waste too much energy for the World Cup talking about us going out of Europe. Save yourself lad, after all you have done all season. So why change now eh?

How the F**k does he, after that performance and season for that matter, have the nerve to F***ing open his mouth saying he gave his all?

I don't feel good bagging Gerrard out after all he's given us but your spot on. All season he has been like this and he (and Carra) continue to sweet talk us in the press.

He dawdled around since they started the second half. He must of touched it about 4 or 5 times after that.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1250: May 01, 2010 12:21:04 am
      Sorry Stevie lad, but what the f**k is all this we? Some of the lads might of given all they had (although after watching the replay when I got home this evening, I doubt that) but you certainly didn't - Captain.

You strolled round doing f**k all. So save your f**king words lad, you might waste too much energy for the World Cup talking about us going out of Europe. Save yourself lad, after all you have done all season. So why change now eh?

How the f**k does he, after that performance and season for that matter, have the nerve to f**king open his mouth saying he gave his all?

What a load of s***e he was easily one of the driving forces on the pitch last night urging players on. FFS just because he couldn't rescue us again last night for the umpteenth time, he is seen as a slacker strolling around . There is only so many times one player can rescue a team and I think stevie has done that more than enough to get some respect. It's not his fault he is surrounded by mediocrity. As for the quality on the bench I'm not even going to bother.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1251: May 01, 2010 01:14:18 am
      What a load of s***e he was easily one of the driving forces on the pitch last night urging players on. FFS just because he couldn't rescue us again last night for the umpteenth time, he is seen as a slacker strolling around . There is only so many times one player can rescue a team and I think stevie has done that more than enough to get some respect. It's not his fault he is surrounded by mediocrity. As for the quality on the bench I'm not even going to bother.

Of course Steven Gerrard has my respect, so much so I consider him the greatest player to have graced Anfield and the greatest player I've ever seen. That includes all these fancy F***ing dans from South America like Messi, Kaka or god knows who else. None of them compare to Stevie in my eyes.

But this season, including last night, he has been shocking. A driving force last night? F**k me, that wasn't driving lad it was more like reversing. He's had a nightmare season and like anybody else is not immune to criticism despite what he's done for this club in the past. So don't try and give me no sh*te about Gerrard deserving respect, he has that in a F***ing bundance from me, so much so that I won't F***ing w*nk all over him when he's been sh*te. I respect him too much to lie about his game.

I'll say he's sh*te when he is and this season he has been. Just in the same way when he's been outstanding, more often than not in a Liverpool shirt, I'll say so. That's how much I respect my captain.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #1252: May 01, 2010 01:22:17 am
      Of course Steven Gerrard has my respect, so much so I consider him the greatest player to have graced Anfield and the greatest player I've ever seen. That includes all these fancy f**king dans from South America like Messi, Kaka or god knows who else. None of them compare to Stevie in my eyes.

But this season, including last night, he has been shocking. A driving force last night? F**k me, that wasn't driving lad it was more like reversing. He's had a nightmare season and like anybody else is not immune to criticism despite what he's done for this club in the past. So don't try and give me no sh*te about Gerrard deserving respect, he has that in a f**king bundance from me, so much so that I won't f**king w*nk all over him when he's been sh*te. I respect him too much to lie about his game.

I'll say he's sh*te when he is and this season he has been. Just in the same way when he's been outstanding, more often than not in a Liverpool shirt, I'll say so. That's how much I respect my captain.
      What he said.Stevie has been a great player for our club,so has Carra,but to compare him amongst the "legends",is imo off mark.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #1253: May 01, 2010 01:53:19 am
      Very enjoyable game up until they scored. We came across a very very good madrid side who set themselves up well and always looked dangerous on the counter. We could've won if that amazing one touch football produced a goal but kuyt didn't have his shooting boots. Also Agger should've watched the line. I didn't even need the replay i could see that he was miles offside. Should've done better there. Gerrard went missing extra time. Don't remember him even touching the ball once. All in all though the players gave it there all and thats all we can ask for. Aquilani has come of age. Special shout to Babel too. Didn't have a great game but worked very hard.
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #1254: May 01, 2010 07:06:57 am
      For a while now, Gerrard been a different person.
      He doesn't like to run after balls, he doesn't like to try any special moves unless the ball is 100% at his feet. I don't know if it's age or something is bothering him but i think that mood cost us greatly this season.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1255: May 01, 2010 10:31:39 am
      Gimmee that gun............
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #1256: May 01, 2010 11:02:26 am

i was thinking same thing ......it was offside alot prob confusing the assistant  :f_whistle:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1257: May 01, 2010 07:37:02 pm
       ;D

Quick Reply