Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Rafael Benitez on the brink of leaving Liverpool over Anfield rift

Read 24709 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Rafael Benitez on the brink of leaving Liverpool over anfield rift
      Reply #23: May 01, 2010 02:44:06 am
      I'd say this is certainly of the kind of bollocks you need when looking for new owners, personally my take on it is this. Rafa will stay, unless of course he walks of his own accord or H&G have no real intention of a sale before the start of the new campaign.

If they are looking to sell the club before the new campaign, they will know any potential buyers may want to install their own manager, thus saving H&G paying out compensation not only for Rafa but any of the backroom staff he has brought in that they also feel they do not need, so for me now is the time we'll see how much H&G want to get rid of the club and if thats the case I believe Rafa will remain, if they expect being here at the start of the new campaign then they will bring a new manager in, that is if it the article is to believed.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #24: May 01, 2010 02:54:18 am
      The Times are pretty reliable to be fair. This club is fu**ed if Rafa leaves. fu**ed.

Ay softlad!  "The Times are reliable".

Yeah but Newscorp own The Sun, NOTW & The Times.  You idiot.  Shut up and get your facts right.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #25: May 01, 2010 02:56:14 am
      I don't believe "articles",I work on the history and the current insider truth.So the answer to the question is no.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #26: May 01, 2010 03:13:51 am
      There's one more game after Sunday mate ;) Will be a big important period after though, agreed. Im really nervous as to what the off-season will bring. Will it be joy, or more despair?
      Mate I know that but Sunday has now become a pivotal game.Wev'e lost the EPL,we won't qualify for next seasons's ECL,we will probably secure a Europa league place.Good result? my arse.
      Tosh
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #27: May 01, 2010 03:18:16 am
      Send on the reserves with Deggen in goal and give beetroot cheeks a heart attack.
      Reserves should finally get a game - result apart - I'd love to see 6 or 7 young players
      bedded for experience, and to welly Chelsea all over Anfield in a hard fought 1-0 defeat.

Notice Beetroot has finally noticed our history - full of sh*t as always.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #28: May 01, 2010 03:21:28 am

Depends on which way you look at it Roy to be honest, on the field it's been absolute disaster, however when you think about the significance of it's implications in making H&G seriously putting the club up for sale, then one could say it's been a quite successful season as we may all get what we ultimately want at the end of it.

For every dark cloud, theres a silver lining so they say.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #29: May 01, 2010 03:33:20 am
      Yeah but, if were getting so many reports from numerous sources,papers, people, etc... It tends to be a pretty credible story.  If it was the Sun, and the Sun only then I would say "bullshit". But it seems to be pretty solid. BBC sport has reported on it and ESPN Soccernet...So I think at the end of the season he just might be gone. Not too mention all the Spanish papers and news and Italian Papers..It just seems pretty solid. I dont know.

It sucks. He is a top 5 World Class coach. You cant just replace him with anyone. We know he has issues with H&G, If they plan on keeping the club then I would bet he leaves.  If some of these reports about new ownership come true then he may stick around for a while just to see how things shake out....regardless.....Wh at a f***in' mess.

Whats that old saying..."If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck..."
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #30: May 01, 2010 04:16:52 am
      Ay softlad!  "The Times are reliable".

Yeah but Newscorp own The Sun, NOTW & The Times.  You idiot.  Shut up and get your facts right.

Thats f**king uncalled for that. The Times IS reliable. Doesn't matter who owns it or how much of a bellend Murdoch is, it doesnt post the same random sh*te and gossip that other gutterpress do.

Now that IS a fact.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #31: May 01, 2010 05:28:59 am
      The only thing I can say is that those of you going to the Chelsea game on Sunday, get your voices out and show him that we're still with him, just like you did at the semi and countless other times this season.

Show these c*nts in the media that we're still here and while Rafa is still here, it doesn't matter if we agree with everything he does, he's still one of us, he's still ours.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #32: May 01, 2010 05:38:23 am
      Clutch the straw guys, *IF* the man indeed leave Liverpool and make us paid arms and legs over it, you'd be broken hearted to know that the man you vehemontly love and support is just another money grabbing ..... er.... manager?

You hear it first, Rafa will certainly won't let that massive pay off go no matter what happen.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #33: May 01, 2010 05:45:34 am
      Clutch the straw guys, *IF* the man indeed leave Liverpool and make us paid arms and legs over it, you'd be broken hearted to know that the man you vehemontly love and support is just another money grabbing ..... er.... manager?

You hear it first, Rafa will certainly won't let that massive pay off go no matter what happen.

Leave. Please. F***ing WUM.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #34: May 01, 2010 05:53:40 am

You know it's not a too far of a possibility
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #35: May 01, 2010 05:55:55 am
      You know it's not a too far of a possibility

What? That he leaves? Of course not, i know its a very real possibility. But it wont ne cos hes a greedy c**t. He could have had the Madrid job long ago if he wanted. You are insulting a man i love at this club with your comments, that are completely unfounded. So F***ing think about it, would you?
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #36: May 01, 2010 06:12:55 am
      Personally I'll respect and admire the man regardless of what he chooses to do with his professional life. I don't demand anything of him. But I expect him still to be here next year in spite of all this, and I'll be surprised if he leaves.

That said, he wants a lot against a backdrop of there not being a lot there. There is no money. Apparently the club tried to secure Van Der Vaart without his ken. So Rafa's on record saying we need 5 players and Tony Barrett is saying privately he feels we need more, or we won't challenge (won't go down the 'it's his squad' route as it's a grey area having had good players on the hook and lost them due to shifting budgetary goalposts).

So we might as well accept that no matter who's at the helm, we won't challenge. Personally that'll sadden me, but it won't affect the way I feel about the club one jot. That's the club mind, not the owners or its executives. We're going into managed decline - there's very little doubt about it, unless a magic fairy unexpectedly starts shitting diamonds into our coffers from upon high. Rafa's ambitious and has his own footballing legacy to consider, so if he can't bear the idea of the combination of pressure and lack of recognition while he rebuilds the workings of the club, then he'll leave.

But then again, how often in your footballing career do you get to put your stamp on academy, reserves, scouting, first team, the works. I know the Van Der Vaart thing no doubt rankles with him, but he ought to sit down and have a think before he squanders the remit and opportunity he has. Others might think it's a sh*t sandwich, but personally I think it's one of the finest job descriptions you could ever see, despite the sh*te.
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #37: May 01, 2010 06:55:39 am
      If he does leave, i want to see Avram Grant.

Hope he doesn't though.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #38: May 01, 2010 07:01:32 am
      If he does leave, I want to see Avram Grant.

Hope he doesn't though.

Guess we'll need to make sure we have a top-notch massage parlour for the guy then.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #39: May 01, 2010 08:07:01 am
      Reading today's Times, and if the piece is to be believed then sadly Rafa is gone. When your relationship with your board is conducted through the press  in this manner then any trust and understanding has quite patently evaporated, and Rafa in inevitably heading in one direction!
      If this is the case then the big question is who is to replace him? This is a massive question for our club! The further implications of his likely departure are an inevitable destabilisation of an already shaky team esprit, and which players will follow him? It will  quite likely trigger a bidding stampede for Torres, not too mention how it will affect the chances Mascherano resigning  A managerless club and the uncertainty surrounding such a cataclysmic upheaval at the top could unsettle them enough to cash in and move on? These are all the inevitable consequences of Rafa departing us.
      As I said "uncertainty" is our greatest enemy.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #40: May 01, 2010 08:10:02 am
      Guess we'll need to make sure we have a top-notch massage parlour for the guy then.
      :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #41: May 01, 2010 10:17:39 am
      Reading today's Times, and if the piece is to be believed then sadly Rafa is gone. When your relationship with your board is conducted through the press  in this manner then any trust and understanding has quite patently evaporated, and Rafa in inevitably heading in one direction!
      If this is the case then the big question is who is to replace him? This is a massive question for our club! The further implications of his likely departure are an inevitable destabilisation of an already shaky team esprit, and which players will follow him? It will  quite likely trigger a bidding stampede for Torres, not too mention how it will affect the chances Mascherano resigning  A managerless club and the uncertainty surrounding such a cataclysmic upheaval at the top could unsettle them enough to cash in and move on? These are all the inevitable consequences of Rafa departing us.
      As I said "uncertainty" is our greatest enemy.
      Let's not forget who appointed the board and who pays their outrageous salaries - so when push comes to shove they will be reluctant to chop off the hand blah blah.
      H&G are getting desperate and can see their debt rising out of control as the fortunes of LFC take another hammering and desperate measures are called for. How desperate is proclaiming to the world that the manager and several world class players who will most certainly go with him are free to jump ship and furthermore a new employer awaits with open arms.
      This is the situation created by the owners and every aspect of it is in their interest coincidentally, the other side of the coin is the manager has said nothing to indicate that any of these desperate claims have any basis indeed nothing suggests it is anything more than a devious plan by the owners to get rid of the barrier between them and countless millions for star players.
      Time is the enemy and the value of LFC which the owners have got on a mortgage is evaporating before their vulture like eyes while the wolves circle hence the manic economic measures H&G are pursuing.

Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #42: May 01, 2010 10:23:58 am
      Reading this on guardian looks like he is leaving IMO
      Q You said you wanted assurances. Do the fans not deserve clarification the same as you?

A At the moment I cannot talk about the future long term because I think we have to focus on the games we have left.

Q Is that because you don't know what the future is for you?

A I know the future very well and it is Chelsea, that's it.

Q Do you want to be here next season?

A I want to win against Chelsea and then Hull, that's it.

Q In an ideal world where would you find yourself next season?

A I will not talk too much about an ideal world. The situation is the situation that we have and Chelsea is the target.

Q Juventus are saying you will be there next season. Are they wrong?

A I am here now and hopefully I will be here on Sunday against Chelsea

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/01/rafael-benitez-liverpool-juventus
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #43: May 01, 2010 10:36:31 am
      Look at his quotes in the past the man never looks further than the next game with the media because anything else is open to interpretation and the media makes money out of interpretation.
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #44: May 01, 2010 10:45:51 am
      ill wait until Rafa himself comes out and says im leaving
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #45: May 01, 2010 10:50:07 am
      sh*t, Rafa's leaving when Louis van Gaal and Guus Hiddink have got a new job would be a disaster for us. Hopefully Roy Hodgson would be available though.

Quick Reply