Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Rafael Benitez on the brink of leaving Liverpool over Anfield rift

Read 25005 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Rafael Benitez on the brink of leaving Liverpool over Anfield rift
      Reply #276: May 03, 2010 09:06:49 am
      Then he should have left by now.

You should have left by now. This isn't a glory-hunting forum, why are you still here? There's a village somewhere panicking over its lost idiot im sure.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #277: May 03, 2010 09:11:54 am
      Can we please keep it on topic. There is another ( quite lengthy ) Rafa thread. This one is about the latest rumors of him leaving. Thanks.

What he said. All you scamps know where that thread is. You should know better than to wander from you're favourite place on the forum. 

:ontopic:

Thank you.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #278: May 04, 2010 01:33:40 pm
      FF'S, Whats wrong with some of you people, Alliphone your a n*b, Your just talking out of your arse, If you cant make any sense don't bother posting, You sound like a Bitter blue and look what their attitude does to their shitty little team, Crouchino got it spot on, or have you chosen to ignore actual facts, Is it any wonder we have struggled this season, To even be discussing Rafa as on the brink of leaving is just f***in ridiculous, Do you think Slur f***in gob sh*te would have put up with the shenanigans of our beloved owners, I'm getting sick and tired of all this negative bullshit about how Rafa has failed and who was sold or who wanted to leave, We all know who are to blame for this debacle, So instead of spouting crap try getting behind the man who wants the best for LFC but has been hung out to dry by the very people who were supposed to take this mighty institution forward to the next level, Those are the ones who have failed us, Not the manager so those of you out there who continually spout sh*te about Rafa and blame him for the state we are in do yourself a favour, Go and join the other glory hunters out there who seemingly expect miracles to happen when you have a budget of a second div side, It's supporters like that, that will drive the best people out of our club and leave us wondering what will happen next, We need a new investor/s what we dont need is so called fans continually haranguing probabaly one of the best managers in world football, All he asks for is the chance to prove it, And to prove it he needs financial backing, Something that has been totally lacking from those two useless fat greedy bas**rds, FF'S, lets get behind our manager and support him not continually berate him.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #279: May 04, 2010 01:45:01 pm
      As much as i have questioned Rafa's tactics and team selection, i can not question his loyalty and dignity.

Rafa is not the enemy here - Hicks and Gillett are. Rafa may, from time to time cost us points - Hicks and Gillett are costing us our club, our history and our tradition. They've raped our club and stand back watching us row over Rafa, who has more integrity in his weird beard than both those cu*ts will ever possess.

Ironically, if they'd backed him, we would know, for sure, how good or bad Rafa really is and there would be no debate.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #280: May 04, 2010 01:50:07 pm
      The meeting with Broughton will determine Rafas future that much is clear.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,368 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #281: May 04, 2010 02:01:36 pm
      Has there ever been a manager in the premier league who the press just have nothing good to say about as they are with Rafa? And despite this he still answers there questions and retains dignity. Amazes me even now
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #282: May 04, 2010 02:17:50 pm
      FF'S, Whats wrong with some of you people, Alliphone your a n*b, Your just talking out of your arse, If you cant make any sense don't bother posting, You sound like a Bitter blue and look what their attitude does to their shitty little team, Crouchino got it spot on, or have you chosen to ignore actual facts, Is it any wonder we have struggled this season, To even be discussing Rafa as on the brink of leaving is just f***in ridiculous, Do you think Slur f***in gob sh*te would have put up with the shenanigans of our beloved owners, I'm getting sick and tired of all this negative bullshit about how Rafa has failed and who was sold or who wanted to leave, We all know who are to blame for this debacle, So instead of spouting crap try getting behind the man who wants the best for LFC but has been hung out to dry by the very people who were supposed to take this mighty institution forward to the next level, Those are the ones who have failed us, Not the manager so those of you out there who continually spout sh*te about Rafa and blame him for the state we are in do yourself a favour, Go and join the other glory hunters out there who seemingly expect miracles to happen when you have a budget of a second div side, It's supporters like that, that will drive the best people out of our club and leave us wondering what will happen next, We need a new investor/s what we dont need is so called fans continually haranguing probabaly one of the best managers in world football, All he asks for is the chance to prove it, And to prove it he needs financial backing, Something that has been totally lacking from those two useless fat greedy bas**rds, FF'S, lets get behind our manager and support him not continually berate him.

Well said.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #283: May 04, 2010 02:27:10 pm
      You seems very sure on this. What happen if he didnt deliver? Sack him? And where does that leads us to while other team is building up a strong foundation?

Sorry but we're not exactly going very far are we with Rafa. Our lowest league position for god knows how many years with what is safe to say, HIS squad.

No - he sold them in good faith thinking the proceeds would be there to reinvest.
      They weren't, so he concluded that he'd be better with Babel on the bench than £9M in H&Gs bank account

He sold Alonso and Keane and use the proceeds to buy Aquilani and Johnson. Both of whom have been injured with performances lacking in conviction until late with Aquilani.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #284: May 04, 2010 02:34:45 pm
      Sorry but we're not exactly going very far are we with Rafa. Our lowest league position for god knows how many years with what is safe to say, HIS squad.

He sold Alonso and Keane and use the proceeds to buy Aquilani and Johnson. Both of whom have been injured with performances lacking in conviction until late with Aquilani.

Sold Alonso for 30m and Keane for what 13m?

Bought Aquilani for so far 8m and Johnson was a quick grab from Portsmouth as they owed us money. Sorry but where did the rest of the proceeds go? I'm sure you can work it out.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #285: May 04, 2010 02:36:04 pm

Bollocks he sold Alonso and Arbeloa for 33.5 million 20 million for Aquilani 10 million for Johnson as Portsmouth still owed 8 million from Crouch deal, the rest bought the big greek bloke with the funny name I can't spell.

The monies from Keane dissappeared along with our transfer budget and the money recieved from Sebastian Leto into servicing the debt Tom Hicks & George Gillett placed up on us.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #286: May 04, 2010 02:39:24 pm
      Bollocks he sold Alonso and Arbeloa for 33.5 million 20 million for Aquilani 10 million for Johnson as Portsmouth still owed 8 million from Crouch deal, the rest bought the big greek bloke with the funny name I can't spell.

The monies from Keane dissappeared along with our transfer budget and the money recieved from Sebastian Leto into servicing the debt Tom Hicks & George Gillett placed up on us.

What gets me is your all very surprised that its disappeared.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #287: May 04, 2010 02:40:34 pm
      And well if that's how the deals happened then i'm obviously wrong about it being spent but there was a debt they wanted to pay off and it is hardly surprising that they are thieving gets and go against their promises.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #288: May 04, 2010 02:50:51 pm
      What gets me is your all very surprised that its disappeared.

I'm not surprised at all, just setting you right with the inaccuracies of your post.

And well if that's how the deals happened then i'm obviously wrong about it being spent but there was a debt they wanted to pay off and it is hardly surprising that they are thieving gets and go against their promises.

Well yeh you are wrong.

They promised a 20 million transfer budget and what ever Rafa through sales to be re-invested back into the squad.

Take 20 million transfer budget.
      Take 16 million from Keanes sale.
      Take 3 million from Leto's sale.
      Take 1 million that was left over from the signing of the Greek.

Thats 40 million that could and should have been re-invested back into the squad, however that disappeared into Tom & Georgey paying off debt they placed up on us with no need for them to dip into their pockets, leaving us the fans and the club effectively paying for the club for them.

40 million = Silva and Turan imagine how much they would have helped this season.

40 million = David Villa with money left over, imagine how much he would have helped during Nando's injuries.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #289: May 04, 2010 06:03:50 pm
      I'm not surprised at all, just setting you right with the inaccuracies of your post.

Well yeh you are wrong.

They promised a 20 million transfer budget and what ever Rafa through sales to be re-invested back into the squad.

Take 20 million transfer budget.
      Take 16 million from Keanes sale.
      Take 3 million from Leto's sale.
      Take 1 million that was left over from the signing of the Greek.

Thats 40 million that could and should have been re-invested back into the squad, however that disappeared into Tom & Georgey paying off debt they placed up on us with no need for them to dip into their pockets, leaving us the fans and the club effectively paying for the club for them.

40 million = Silva and Turan imagine how much they would have helped this season.

40 million = David Villa with money left over, imagine how much he would have helped during Nando's injuries.

Where did £16m for Keane come from? And well if Rafa had that money then why didn't he try to buy those players? That is my point.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #290: May 04, 2010 06:07:39 pm
      Where did £16m for Keane come from? And well if Rafa had that money then why didn't he try to buy those players? That is my point.

Err he didn't have that money. Think before speak.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #291: May 04, 2010 06:16:11 pm
      Why are we only on about the money issues in January? What about the summer when he did have a fair big amount to spend? He could have bought those players then? Instead he bought a 3 month injured Aquilani and Johnson who has turned out to be quite costly at times. Stop trying your hardest to defend the man, i would be honest and say he deserved to stay in the job if he actually did but he doesn't. I'm worried incase he does actually get a big amount of money to spend. Got a feeling Samaras, Benjani or somebody Hilario is going to join in a big money move. I know one of you is going to put a claim in for a bad post but never mind. All about opinions.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #292: May 04, 2010 06:16:57 pm
      Err he didn't have that money. Think before speak.

If you want to get picky then i didn't speak.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #293: May 04, 2010 06:18:03 pm

Widely reported we only lost 3m  on the Keane deal (plus it forced Rick 'Coco' Parry out the club).  And as someone above has said, Rafa wasn't given the money, that went towards the debt the lying yanks said they wouldn't put on the club.  
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #294: May 04, 2010 06:31:26 pm
      Widely reported we only lost 3m  on the Keane deal (plus it forced Rick 'Coco' Parry out the club).  And as someone above has said, Rafa wasn't given the money, that went towards the debt the lying yanks said they wouldn't put on the club. 

Musn't have been that widely reported because every fee i heard was £13m.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #295: May 04, 2010 06:36:28 pm
      Musn't have been that widely reported because every fee i heard was £13m.

£13m upfront and an additional £4m worth of clauses (after goals/league appearances).
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #296: May 04, 2010 08:15:37 pm
      £13m upfront and an additional £4m worth of clauses (after goals/league appearances).

So £16m isn't the WIDELY reported figure then because we paid £19m for him. Simple math tells me that 13+4 =17. So thats the reported figure now? I think there's some other people on here that need to think about what they're going to saying before they say it.
      « Last Edit: May 04, 2010 08:20:43 pm by mcarz »
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #297: May 04, 2010 08:23:59 pm
      seems to me that the meeting with the chairman is all about Rafa wanting to know what's going on, who is likely to buy the club, is there going to be any substantial money for new players and do the potential new owners want him to be their manager.
      I would suggest that if the answers are not good then he may consider the option of Juve and go.
      Just hope the chairman knows what he is doing
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #298: May 04, 2010 08:27:51 pm

You my friend may have to join Ali and Angelic on my Sig. ;D

Quick Reply