Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Rafael Benitez on the brink of leaving Liverpool over Anfield rift

Read 24712 times
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: Rafael Benitez on the brink of leaving Liverpool over Anfield rift
      Reply #322: May 05, 2010 10:43:49 am
      I'm now thoroughly sick of this sh*t.

Rafa is playing the hierarchy, they are playing Rafa, Gerrard doesn't seem to care anymore and Torres is constantly injured, papers are having a field day, no takeover news that isn't just one random story with no follow-up, Carra is getting older...

It's getting to become some kind of nightmare that never ends.

;D just don't read the thread about the state of liverpool's finances and how we've neglected our stadium for 20 years whilst others (scum, chavs, arse, sperms, shitteh) have all built theirs up. step up mr moores and parry. it'll depress you even more.

joke aside, there's lack of any solid news coming out of the club at mo. I'm hoping no news is good news.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #323: May 05, 2010 12:37:24 pm
      Somehow dalglish is not the answer.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #324: May 05, 2010 03:53:28 pm
      What the paper say is Dalglish would step in as temporarily during the summer in the case if Rafa choose to walk away.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #325: May 05, 2010 03:55:16 pm
      Ive watched the post match interview after the chelsea game a few times.....i get the felling benitez is building the grounds on which to leave.

I hope not, its going to pull the backroom and spine of team along with him
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #326: May 05, 2010 04:36:42 pm
      Rafa's not a money grabbing manager. If so he could do it by taking offer from Madrid when he had the chance. Well still Madrid is hoping for the prodigal son to return plus now Juventus lurking from behind. But he opted to stay here because of us, the fans. So, why now we show some appreciation to the man who clearly rejected Madrid just to stay here with us?

There's a lot of rumours circling around about him leaving us. Should I blame him if he wants to leave? I don't think so. He has been promised to have full control of his transfer money and his target but instead those two idiots took control of everything and left Rafa with nothing but less money to spend. I'm not blaming him for his frustration of seeing players of his dream slipped away while he could only resort to 2nd grade players like Sotis. But hell, I couldn't see any manager could turn Sotis into a great defender the way Rafa did. He he didn't have the pleasure of spending like City did but he make sure we can compete with the squad players we have.

It would be a disaster if he leaves. Surely new manager will come with fresh ideas as well as his own set of players. Then it will take another 4 to 5 years for the players to bond really well and play as a unit. Sacking Rafa is not the answer. The new owner should have noticed that the main problem lies in the squad itself. We currently didn't have squad depth to cover the injured player. We didn't have players that are nearly equal in quality to the core players we had. We are losing squad depth because we have to sell players before buying and that hurt us badly. We are forced to sell 3 or 4 players to fund the transfer of a quality player. If that can be resolved I don't see why Rafa should leave or be sacked.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,257 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #327: May 05, 2010 06:32:11 pm
      If Rafa has it in his head that hes had enough and leaves he should do it after Sunday so a new man can be appointed as quickly as possible. The clubcant waste weeks in getting someone in who then takes weeks to sort out what players he wants in and out and before we know it the season is kicking off and were in the sh*te

So while I want him to stay if he his going its best to do it a.s.a.p
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #328: May 05, 2010 06:38:38 pm
      If Rafa has it in his head that hes had enough and leaves he should do it after Sunday so a new man can be appointed as quickly as possible. The clubcant waste weeks in getting someone in who then takes weeks to sort out what players he wants in and out and before we know it the season is kicking off and were in the sh*te

So while I want him to stay if he his going its best to do it a.s.a.p
      Fair play Brian but what if it's not what he's thinking at all?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,257 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #329: May 05, 2010 06:42:34 pm
      Fair play Brian but what if it's not what he's thinking at all?

Great!!

What Im concerned about tho Stuey is that if hes thinking "Im not having 1 more year of these muppetts" and wants to move that its no point in doing it in June or July. We need to get our new staff (if thats the case) in place and them do there dealings weeks befor the new season to give ourselves a chance
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #330: May 05, 2010 06:44:18 pm
      BBC Teletex this evening.  It seems there has to be a choice, Rafa or Torres. The relationship between them has broken down and it is suggested if Rafa stays, Torres will want to leave.
      There is talk of King Kenny taking up the mantle, with Rushie as his assistant.
       Don't know what anyone else's thoughts are on this, but I think i'd preferr Torres to stay than Rafa.  Or is El Ninio now trying to engineer a move as we are not in the C.L. next season ? I desperatly hope not .   Sad days ahead me thinks. What else can go wrong for us !
      Will Kenny and Rushie be able to cut the mustard with their limited managerial experienced of late. Things have changed somewhat since Kenny was involved.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #331: May 05, 2010 06:50:32 pm
      BBC Teletex this evening.  It seems there has to be a choice, Rafa or Torres. The relationship between them has broken down and it is suggested if Rafa stays, Torres will want to leave.
       Don't know what anyone else's thoughts are on this, but I think i'd preferr Torres to stay than Rafa.  Or is El Ninio now trying to engineer a move as we are not in the C.L. next season ? I desperatly hope not .   Sad days ahead me thinks. What else can go wrong for us !
      Will Kenny and Rushie be able to cut the mustard with their limited managerial experienced of late. Things have changed somewhat since Kenny was involved.

That does not make good reading.

However, for now I'll dimiss it as media bullshit...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #332: May 05, 2010 06:53:26 pm
      BBC Teletex this evening.  It seems there has to be a choice, Rafa or Torres. The relationship between them has broken down and it is suggested if Rafa stays, Torres will want to leave.
       Don't know what anyone else's thoughts are on this, but I think i'd preferr Torres to stay than Rafa.  Or is El Ninio now trying to engineer a move as we are not in the C.L. next season ? I desperatly hope not .   Sad days ahead me thinks. What else can go wrong for us !
      Saw that mate but there was some mention of the story being credited to the sh*t rag we hate so I stopped thinking about the why's and wherefore's right there.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #333: May 05, 2010 06:53:39 pm
      Will Kenny and Rushie be able to cut the mustard with their limited managerial experienced of late.
      As long as they got support from the top, there shouldn't be any problem.
      And if I'm not mistaken it will be only temporarily during summer.
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #334: May 05, 2010 06:54:10 pm
      A load of Shi*e
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #335: May 05, 2010 06:55:59 pm
      But you are mistaken.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #336: May 05, 2010 07:05:04 pm

Fooking hell Rafa hasn't had that support for two seasons, what make syou think that will change considering any one at boardroom level now are only interested in lining their pockets by selling the club ?
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,848 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #337: May 05, 2010 07:06:02 pm
      Why on earth would Nando have a problem with Rafa ? as far as i can see ,when Nando has been injured he's been rested or subbed to save him from serious damage ,maybe i'm naive but that to me means he's taking care of players and prolonging their careers, on another note i think Rafa has big enough balls to put up with any player's issues with him ,the media just love having a go and making stories and i believe that is all this is ...stories
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #338: May 05, 2010 07:19:05 pm
       Don't know what anyone else's thoughts are on this, but I think I'd preferr Torres to stay than Rafa.  Or is El Ninio now trying to engineer a move as we are not in the C.L. next season ? I desperatly hope not .   Sad days ahead me thinks. What else can go wrong for us !

Ok for a start the report of there being problems between Nando and Rafa came from the sh*t rag. Anyone paying attention to that then you need a wake up call. It was only around last week when Nando was saying he would have never signed for another team had it not been Rafa who he was signing for.

All this talk about problems between Nando and Rafa etc is there to purely try and create something that isn't there, i would bet my parents house on Nando still being here next season!
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #339: May 05, 2010 07:37:02 pm
      Saw that mate but there was some mention of the story being credited to the sh*t rag we hate so I stopped thinking about the why's and wherefore's right there.

Thats true, they also run a story last week about Torres. It had quotes of him praising Benitez saying he is the reason he come to Liverpool. Todays sh*te had nothing, but speculation. It would be funny, if it wasn't so F***ing annoying. Don't expect much else though from those manc arse licking pricks.

Grrrrrrr.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #340: May 05, 2010 07:38:24 pm
      Ok for a start the report of there being problems between Nando and Rafa came from the sh*t rag. Anyone paying attention to that then you need a wake up call. It was only around last week when Nando was saying he would have never signed for another team had it not been Rafa who he was signing for.

All this talk about problems between Nando and Rafa etc is there to purely try and create something that isn't there, i would bet my parents house on Nando still being here next season!

;D, beat me to it. The red mist took over that time.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #341: May 05, 2010 07:38:41 pm
      Torres is one of the strongest backers of Benitez.

I can't believe that bollocks.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #342: May 05, 2010 07:39:16 pm
      I don't want Rafa to go but agree with Brian that if it is in his mind to leave he needs to do it on Monday to give us time to prepare for next season.

Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #343: May 05, 2010 09:57:34 pm
      Doubless this story came from another "source" from the club. I wonder who?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #344: May 05, 2010 10:05:33 pm
      It does seem strange that when Broughton was appointed he said that all dealings regarding the Club would be done in private and nothing will be released as speculation or rumour.  

Yet we seem to have had more speculation and rumours since his appointment and it seems that the same stories are running in every paper, tv channel or website at the same time.

It does appear that there is someone on the inside releasing s**t on a daily basis.

I wonder who or why?  It smells of rat Yanks to me.

Quick Reply