Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Rafael Benitez on the brink of leaving Liverpool over Anfield rift

Read 24708 times
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 994 posts | 68 
      Re: Rafael Benitez on the brink of leaving Liverpool over Anfield rift
      Reply #345: May 05, 2010 10:08:48 pm
      Love kenny total legend.
      Hope he is never put in the position that Rafa is in now , it would be an insult to the great man.
      Keep kenny out of the politics and bullsh*t unless the 2 loonies have gone and we need his help.
      Anyhow the rumour is boll*cks as above
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #346: May 05, 2010 10:27:28 pm
      While all of this, sh*t stirring towards the manager won't hurt the yanks, I was thinking of someone, nearer home than the two tumours. Having said that, this person did study at Havard, so I suppose...
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #347: May 05, 2010 10:30:53 pm
      And he is their puppet.
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #348: May 05, 2010 10:35:09 pm
      You could well be right there reddebs
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #349: May 05, 2010 10:35:35 pm
      Broughtons job is to find owners and F**k off, who the F**k does he think he is that he can be backing or sacking our manager and replacing him with some clown. What experience has he in football, he is a clown from BA.

I've a feeling Purslow is doing all the sneaky sh*t to get rid of Rafa behind the scenes. If they think replacing Rafa with some clown and keeping them tossers of owners is going to make us happy as fans they are living on another planet.
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #350: May 05, 2010 10:47:19 pm
      Yes corballyred, while I agree, suppose they stick King Kenny in there as manager. This could be a genuis way for them, split the fans still further, thereby take the pressure off the Yanks and by doing that winning them valuable time.

Purslow after all, is never slow too go on about what a good mate he is of Kennys. Kenny is my big hero, but I really wish that he would get out now, before he becomes a possible pawn in their game.

Once Rafa goes, the only people left on our board, seem to be people who enjoy political games, who will be there with a genuine love of our club?
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #351: May 05, 2010 10:49:50 pm

Once Rafa goes, the only people left on our board, seem to be people who enjoy political games, who will be there with a genuine love of our club?

I'm not a basher but Rafa loves the political games as much as anyone.
      Doesn't matter what the circumstances - you take on your employer in full view of the public and there will only be one winner
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #352: May 05, 2010 10:55:47 pm
      I don't deny that for a second Henrik, in a way Rafa has maybe played his hand too well sometimes. But the fact is, do you really know who Purslow's working for?

Rafa's number one concern is to try and guarantee cash, to improve the team, always the team, meanwhile in the background, there are others playing games too, but for whom?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #353: May 06, 2010 01:20:56 am
      I wonder whether Sammy comes into this or not? I know he is only Assistant manager but still i'd have thought there would have been some mention about his future :-\
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #354: May 06, 2010 01:31:19 am
      There have been so many rumours similar to this, you just don't know what's got any truth in it and what's not.

The majority of the time they seem to be utter lies.

I still want him to be our manager because i like his team ethic. We're a nice football team and he fits that role perfectly  We always have been a nice team (Maybe discluding the Souness era; julian dicks etc, team of hardmen) I don't think we'll turn into cheats to get back to the summit.

Football has changed since we last won the title, diving has been incorporated into the game, it seems that you have to know how to do it to get results in most matches. Don't get me wrong, a few of our players do it now and then. Our captain obviously knows how to make the most of contact, and while i don't agree with that, I can see why he does it.
      If he didn't we'd be in a worse position that what we are now, and that saddens me a bit.

We've never bought the league, we don't need to spend ridiculous ammounts of money to do so. Just the right ammount, spent by the right man who knows what he's doing.

If for example Mourinho came here, he'd only do so for the money (if that became available)

Why would he not come right now? Because he, like every other manager in world football knows that Rafa Benitez is squeezing everything he can out of the team and no-one else could do a better job.

So it's the money we need, so the question for me is: If we get new owners who will financially back him, will Rafa stay?

If not, surely someone like Mourinho would jump at the chance to be our manager.

Part of me wants him to be the (if it comes to this, which i hope it doesn't) replacement for rafa, because he's such a great manager.
      The other part doesn't want to forgive him for telling our fans to shhh after chelsea scored against us years ago.

I want it all sorted out as soon as possible.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #355: May 06, 2010 10:09:48 am
      I don't think he is going to leave if what has been put in the media is true about Juventus changing some of their back room staff around and the man in control now doesn't want Rafa in as manager but as a coach instead. Which would explain why some things have been altered such as Rafa joining as a coach instead of a manager, Rafa earning less money, Liverpool receiving no compensation for Rafa's departure etc.

Recently i have myself been very critical of Benitez regarding his signings and taking us in the wrong direction but whatever happens this summer, i'm certain we can only improve.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #356: May 06, 2010 10:10:19 am
      Kenny has said he wouldn't mange Liverpool ever again.

That gives that story the fingers.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #357: May 07, 2010 05:33:13 am
      This started as a thread about rafa's commitment to the cause, We've just lost track of what that cause is, its Liverpool football club. New manager or not the same 'issues' are going to be round and discussing how hodgson won 4 swedish titles and a danish one aint really the relevant point is it? Did he win any of them with his board cutting his team out from under him or lying to him about who he could buy? Did he do it with a ridiculous weight of expectation against far better equipped teams?

ignoring the situation isn't the answer is it? though you can carry on with the pointless excercise their your brain cells  - pretending it doesn't exist isn't either - without a change in ownership we are fu**ed whoever the manager is - who should manager us with new owners depends on who that owner is and more pertinently when they arrive.

Quick Reply