Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Liverpool manager Benítez to meet chairman Martin Broughton to discuss future.

Read 5066 times
      keithlfc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Re: Liverpool manager Benítez to meet chairman Martin Broughton to discuss future.
      Reply #23: May 04, 2010 02:46:30 am
      "The Chosen One" got to be taking the piss there lad f**king hell, anyway back on topic I said this in another thread earlier in the week but I reckon Broughton could have been brainwashed by all the constant Rafas sh*t, Rafas lost it sh*te from the media and may think he has to go I sincerly hope not because some of the names being spouted off for his replacement could,nt lace Rafas F***ing boots.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Liverpool manager Benítez to meet chairman Martin Broughton to discuss futur
      Reply #24: May 04, 2010 02:50:35 am
      The whole debacle will be somewhat clearer in the next few weeks, the chairman, no matter what his footballing alliance is, has stated that the sale will take place in a matter of months, that must mean that something was already in the process of being set up. I honestly think that if Rafa is given clear indication of a positive future then he will stay and what a triumph that will be for the club. Time and experience at the club will only be a great thing for us, he loves the club, he uses spin like anyone else but come on he was hard faced enough to publicly question the integrity of the owners, something we were all saying. time to wait and hope for the best. personally i hope he stays, secondly i think that the sale is imminent. YNWA god help me i don't want to walk alone, and to be fair with the best fans in the world all together we never will!!!!!!

In Rafa 'I' Trust

Very sensible and to the point, first post.

Well said, Rafa.  ;) ;D

Seriously though, joking aside. Immensely excellent point about the spin and the hard face to question the ownership, publicly, of this club. Something that is largely missed with people who only see Rafa as the fault of our club. He was onto it a long long time ago and he's remained loyal to us reds.

In other words, we haven't walked alone.

I know people have their own opinions of our managers capabilities and there is absolutely nothing wrong in that. Football is a game of opinion.

But please let's not forget about the spirit of our club and the notion of everyone working for each other and together. Something the owners couldn't give two fucks about, which is completely the opposite to Rafa

2007:

2010, talks with Broughton. A Chelsea fan. What a fine mess we're in. Although I know Rafa will get more sense out of Broughton.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Re: Liverpool manager Benítez to meet chairman Martin Broughton to discuss future.
      Reply #25: May 04, 2010 06:32:09 am

In Rafa 'WE' Trust.  You're not on your own here lad, what does it say on our crest?  Great first post and welcome to the forum.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #26: May 04, 2010 08:17:52 am
      Bloody hell so many doom theorists out there now.

I don't think I will be able to handle this will he stay will he go debacle much longer. The fans deserve to know, and they deserve to know ASAP what the outcome of this will be . If Rafa goes as I said earlier and we remain unsold in the summer stuck with the two cancerous leeches it will be a beginning of an end for the greatest football club in the world. Such is the situation we have been dragged in to by the two clowns in charge.

For Rafa on a personal level if he was to leave I would not begrudge him one bit he has wheeled and dealed in the market for the last 3 seasons, was given promises which remained unfulfilled and has been betrayed.

If he was to leave I would hope it would be to Madrid so as JD said a while back  I can sadistically sit here and watch Madrid and Rafa clean up every trophy in front of them whilst laughing at the MON and Hodgson brigade.

I hope to God Rafa does stay for us fans, the club and the sacred name that is Liverpool Football Club.

Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #27: May 04, 2010 12:02:23 pm
      At the moment it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. If he see's the chairman, its bad news, if he doesnt, its bad.

It's worse than a f*** pantomime. Broughton is not a H&G stooge, as RBS have bought him in to sell the club. On a tiny positive note, if he has been a football (as opposed to a 'soccer franchise') fan, he will have a vague clue about transfer windows and what it takes to actually win trophies - and the league in particular.

Let Rafa have the meeting, find out what budget (if any) he has, and lets take things from there.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Re: Liverpool manager Benítez to meet chairman Martin Broughton to discuss futur
      Reply #28: May 04, 2010 12:20:09 pm
      If this goes on past monday I think I am going to be sick. Thanks to our greedy owners the fans are kept the dark...not to mention the players and manager.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #29: May 04, 2010 12:45:56 pm
      I'm hoping the meeting goes something like this....

Broughton: Come in Rafa. Take a seat.

Rafa: Yes. How are you.

B: Wine?

R: Yes. It's been a hard season and I could do with a drink.

B: At the moment we are in the process of finalising the clubs sale but with our new commercial deals we can at least promise you 35 million on top of your generated sales this transfer window... and we don't involve current players contracts in that figure.

R: OK. I stay.

B: Champagne.

R: No. Bushmills. Neat. One ice cube and make it a f**king large.

Ha Ha Ha

One can but hope
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaiSHcHM0PA
      « Last Edit: May 04, 2010 02:11:03 pm by racerx34 »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #30: May 04, 2010 02:00:03 pm
      Broughton has BA work all week which is why there is no meeting immediately. F**k sake I know hes an intirum chairman who has another job but the discussions that need to take place are very serious and shouldn't be left on the long finger

Quick Reply