Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Hull City v Liverpool - Pre-match Thread

Read 6562 times
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Re: Hull City v Liverpool - Pre-match Thread
      Reply #69: May 09, 2010 10:30:22 am
      I would give Pacheco and Ayala starts and maybe Amoo on the bench.

Cmon Redmen...lets finish with 3 points and put this sh*t season to bed in style!!

Pepe

Johnson Ayala Carra Agger

Gerrard Aquilani Masch  Babel

Pacheco
                         Kuyt       
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #70: May 09, 2010 11:10:37 am
      It feels weird knowing that in approximately 8 hours, this miserable season is going to come to and end and we might not be seeing the lads wear the Red kit until August.

Gonna miss the lads, so hopefully they give us some happiness tonight to end the season off.

Also hoping, know matter who plays that they go and give the travelling supporters a nice, fitting send off. Those fans who have travelled to the away games all season haven't had much to be happy out on their travels, so with any luck our boys can stick a fair few goals in the back of the net down the end where our supporters will be.

ozzyred
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts |
      Reply #71: May 09, 2010 11:46:05 am
      im from hull and i work at kc stadium, i cant wait to see all the red men, will be ace :)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #72: May 09, 2010 11:53:05 am

Maxi out of Tigers trip

8th May 2010 - Latest News

Rafael Benitez has confirmed Liverpool will be without the services of Maxi Rodriguez for Sunday's Barclays Premier League clash at Hull City - but Jamie Carragher is fit to face the Tigers.

The duo both sustained knocks during last weekend's Anfield encounter against Chelsea, with Carragher twisting his ankle and Maxi picking up an adductor injury.

Both players were rated as doubtful for the trip to the KC Stadium, but Benitez has revealed Carragher will be able to take on Iain Dowie's side.

"Carra is okay, he is fine. I think he can play - we will see today in the last training session," the boss told Liverpoolfc.tv. "Maxi cannot play because he has a problem in his adductor."

The Reds will bring the curtain down on a mixed 2009-10 away to the Tigers, with sixth place the best possible finish they can achieve on the final day.

However, Benitez insists Liverpool are determined to end the season with a win - particularly as overhauling Aston Villa into the top six will ensure they do not have to contest an early season Europa League qualifier.

"It's always important to win. We know we have to improve away and this is an opportunity to do that, so we will try to finish as well as possible," said the gaffer.

"For us it is an opportunity to do a little bit better, be in a better position and avoid a Europa League qualifier.

"Hopefully the players will have the same mentality and vision, and we can push together."

Three points in Yorkshire would represent only Liverpool's sixth away win of the season in the Barclays Premier League.

It's a statistic Benitez believes hindered the Reds' charge for Champions League football and one he is all to aware must change in 2010-11.

"I am sure it (away form) has been a big problem," he said. "I have checked the statistics from last season and they were really good. This year, we could not improve away, so it has been a big difference.

"Away we have not been the best, so for our fans that go away and support the team all the time, we have to do well at Hull.

"I was really pleased in the last away game with Burnley when we scored four goals, played well - hopefully we can do the same again."

Reflecting on the season as a whole, the manager added: "I think it is a disappointing season for everyone here. The expectations were really high but we started the season with problems and defeats. We lost the confidence you need when you want to fight to be at the top of the table all of the time."

While Liverpool's final position in the table is still to be determined, Hull's fate has already been sealed as Monday's 2-2 draw with Wigan Athletic condemned them to life in the Championship next term.

Benitez, though, has nothing but admiration for Dowie's attempts to keep the Tigers in the top flight after taking over from Phil Brown in March.

He said: "For a manager to be in this position is not easy. When the team is in a difficult situation then you have to manage and improve a lot of things. But you don't have too much time, so to be fair, it was so difficult that you can't say too much. He has just tried to do his best."

Meanwhile, Benitez admitted he could be tempted to hand Spanish prodigy Dani Pacheco his first Liverpool start at Hull.

The forward has made six substitute appearances for the first team so far this season having excelled in the Reserves.

"We will have to check on our players, but Dani is doing well and could be an option," said Benitez.

"To train alongside players like Gerrard, Torres and Kuyt will improve him a lot - and he has improved a lot already - so we will see.

"He has quality and he has to keep the same commitment and working hard because when you have talent, it is easier to play well if you work hard."

Author: James Carroll

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/maxi-out-of-tigers-trip

I'm excited about the bit in bold.....would love to see Dani get a start.

Last chance to go out with a bit of glory REDS today.

COME ONNNNN............Lets do it !
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #73: May 09, 2010 11:55:43 am
      Glad when this game will be over. This has been one of the worst seasons I can remember, and I can remember alot. Even in pre-season I was worried. As for todays game, well it's a dead duck really, Hull are religated, and we may get 6th (wow!) but I doubt it.

If we win I will de pleased, but if not it will be no shock.
      Good bye 2009/10  I will remember you with distaste.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,389 posts | 2823 
      Reply #74: May 09, 2010 12:01:17 pm
      Hopefully Reina gets a clean sheet to be in with a chance of winning the Golden Glove.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #75: May 09, 2010 12:35:20 pm
      Maxi Rodriguez is ruled out for the final game while Jamie Carragher is fit enough to face Hull City.

Still a lot to play for - 6th place to avoid having start the season in July and clean sheet will give Pepe Reina the most shut out in the league and the prestigious Golden Glove award, his fourth in five seasons.
      ynwa09
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #76: May 09, 2010 02:17:03 pm
      C`mon liverpool...

Lets get the 6th spot and keep our pride..!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #77: May 09, 2010 02:22:37 pm
      Pepe Reina the most shut out in the league and the prestigious Golden Glove award, his fourth in five seasons.

Unbelievable that. Hope he gets it.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #78: May 09, 2010 03:03:06 pm
      Benítez will name Jack Robinson as a substitute for Liverpool’s trip to Hull City .Should the 16-year-old left back make his debut, he will be the youngest player to represent the club, beating the record held by Michael Owen
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #79: May 09, 2010 03:06:48 pm
      Still a lot to play for - 6th place to avoid having start the season in July and clean sheet will give Pepe Reina the most shut out in the league and the prestigious Golden Glove award, his fourth in five seasons.

That is incredible given our leaky defence.  Come on Pepe!  You can do it, you certainly deserve it.

Benítez will name Jack Robinson as a substitute for Liverpool’s trip to Hull City .Should the 16-year-old left back make his debut, he will be the youngest player to represent the club, beating the record held by Michael Owen

Really?  He's a decent player from what I've seen.  Good luck to him!
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #80: May 09, 2010 03:07:38 pm
      Robinson is a left back isn't he?
      Hope he will play.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #81: May 09, 2010 03:32:28 pm
      Interesting fact, at the begining of the season we were part of the "Big Four", but we are the only one who is away today, and the Scum and Rent boys are a home on the first day and last day of the season.. just a paranoid fact.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #82: May 09, 2010 03:36:35 pm
      Maxi Rodriguez is ruled out for the final game while Jamie Carragher is fit enough to face Hull City.

I shudder to think where we would be if Pepe wasn't here, nice clean sheet today would be great for him.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #83: May 09, 2010 04:10:24 pm
      Match thread here:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=29895.0

COME ON YOU REDMEN!!

Quick Reply