Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Fernando Torres (host of clubs)

Read 57969 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Fernando Torres (host of clubs)
      May 05, 2010 07:59:58 pm
      Chelsea have launched a dramatic and potentially record-breaking £70m offer for Liverpool striker Fernando Torres, according to reports.

The Daily Mail, splashing the bombshell across its back page, claims that 'preliminary discussions have already taken place, with the outcome of those meetings positive enough to convince Roman Abramovich that he will beat his big-spending rivals at Eastlands to the 26-year-old Spaniard'.

Manchester City, whose manager Roberto Mancini publicly confirmed his interest in signing Torres two weeks ago, had previously been thought favourites to sign Torres were he to leave Anfield. Fleet Street continues to maintain that the Spaniard is considering his future at the club despite signing a new deal last year.

Concern about Torres' intentions have been further complicated by claims in the past week that the striker may have lost faith in Rafa Benitez.

Following the suggestion made by The Daily Mirror that 'Torres is no longer an admirer of Benitez',

http://msn.football365.com/story/0,17033,13852_6134064,00.html?ocid=today

« Last Edit: May 26, 2010 05:37:56 pm by JD »
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Re: Fernando Torres (host of clubs)
      Reply #1: May 05, 2010 08:02:10 pm
      'On-to-the-next-one' please

(Though I've said before that I wouldn't be completely opposed to taking £100M+ for Torres if Rafa was gaurenteed to get it all back to spend...a statement which witnessed my user rating take quite a spanking ;))
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #2: May 05, 2010 08:07:25 pm
      Next.
      redcraig
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts | 14 
      Reply #3: May 05, 2010 08:18:11 pm
      Get used to 3 months of this sh*te!
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #4: May 05, 2010 08:33:15 pm
      To save time, I'll post a collection of what the headlines will be for the next 3 months:
      Torres/Gerrard Hates Rafa

Torres/Gerrard To Move to Chelsea/City in World Record Move

Torres/Gerrard Offered £500,000 a WEEK To Move To Chelsea/City

Madrid/Barca Want Torres/Gerrard/Masch After Huge Bust Up With Benitez

Reds Want Hodgson As Boss As Rafa Seals Juve/Madrid Deal

Cash Strapped Reds In Bid For Wantaway Berba/Tevez But Must Sell Torres/Gerrard First

Fat Spanish b***ard Benitez Throws Donkey Off Tower In Reaction To Broken Promises, As Torres Reveals Dressing Room Bust Up.

and on

and on

and on

and on
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 994 posts | 68 
      Reply #5: May 05, 2010 08:39:01 pm
      why would we sell to a rival english club. It won't happen.
      I strongly believe that he couldn't do that to the fans so if he did leave it would be to spain or italy and in leaving i believe he would only go if it helped the clubs finances.
      Maybe his talent clouds my judgement but he seems to be totally genuine unlike the money grabbing wa*kers that play for sh*ty and the chavs.
      I was at the Fulham game at Anfield and when he didn't run out for the warm up you could feel the atmosphere change.
      Hope he stays because i love the guy in a manly footballing way you understand.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #6: May 05, 2010 08:45:12 pm
      I still think it's more a wish you were here than anything real, sure they would like Nando and the papers are making out he's had a break down with Rafa, and that's why I don't think it will happen. While Rafa is still here Nando will go knowhere, at least not this year and by next who knows we may have decent owners by then.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #7: May 05, 2010 09:01:12 pm
      Funny, that Ancelloti said that Chelsea wouldn't bid for Torres just the other day and now I guess things change. He's ours and if we want to sell him it wouldn't be in the EPL you Chelsea c*nts.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #8: May 05, 2010 09:01:51 pm
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #9: May 05, 2010 09:03:59 pm
      Keep in mind the Transfer board is open for potential transfers.

Thread moved.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #10: May 05, 2010 10:28:52 pm
      I'm really starting to worry about this lad, a couple of weeks ago I thought there would be no way the lad was leaving but I'm genuinely starting to wonder.

I would now put money on it now without new owners Torres will be gone by the start of next season.
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Reply #11: May 05, 2010 10:50:26 pm

Fat Spanish B***ard Benitez Throws Donkey Off Tower In Reaction To Broken Promises, As Torres Reveals Dressing Room Bust Up.

Fantastic. LMAO.

You forgot to mention the Kop thread....

Torres leaves. Blame Lucas.
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Reply #12: May 06, 2010 12:40:54 am
      Ugh, this is only the start. I'm not looking forward to seeing stories like this constantly everyday for the next 3 months...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13: May 06, 2010 01:29:26 am
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #14: May 06, 2010 01:35:14 am
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #15: May 06, 2010 01:59:14 am

:lmao:

Gonna be an uncomfortable 3 months i think. Anything could happen with the state we are in, and if we lose the likes of Torres and Gerrard, i will be crying like that ^

I just hope to god we get some backing soon that lets the players know that we will have the power to match their ambitions. That's what guys like Nando will want, just some reassurance that we will get on the right track soon. You can tell that he loves it here, but he just wants to feel that he can get something as well. Player like that deserves to have his high quality and ambition matched by the club. Lets hope that happens!
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #16: May 06, 2010 07:59:00 am
      Ugh, this is only the start. I'm not looking forward to seeing stories like this constantly everyday for the next 3 months...

Tell me about it . I know alot of clubs will try and take advantage of our state , this summer trying to draw out players like Torres and Stevie . They deserve to be with more players of their quality . We do have some but no enough , it's going to be an uncomfortable summer . I just hope we're the ones buying quality players this summer instead of selling them .
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17: May 06, 2010 12:52:05 pm

Great reply :lmao:

Just hope the lad stays where he is. Wouldn't blame him for leaving but if he has any sense he would stay. He has said a number of times that he isn't going anywhere, now its time for the lad to prove he is true to his word.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4588 
      Reply #18: May 06, 2010 01:12:30 pm
      £70 million would buy you 4 world class players.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #19: May 06, 2010 01:44:47 pm
      Hate the way people shun rumours just because it's about Torres. The fact is we haven't qualified for the Champions League and he could leave.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #20: May 06, 2010 01:55:34 pm
      Hate the way people shun rumours just because it's about Torres. The fact is we haven't qualified for the Champions League and he could leave.

The fact is he has said countless times he wants to stay here for many years, there has been nothing but rumours about his future since the day he arrived and it's all just media bullshit, if you dont like people shunning these pathetic rumours from pathetic papers that dont even provide quotes then dont come on here and read the threads, simple.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #21: May 06, 2010 02:02:18 pm
      He's also said he wants to win things on "countless occasions".
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #22: May 06, 2010 02:05:46 pm

Yeah, and he COULD actually be the reincarnation of mao tse tung - and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

When you can find a source that quotes him directly, rather than this media driven bullshit and attempt to destabalize our club and character assasinate our manager and players then I'll believe it.

Until then, it's bullshit, pure and simple - unless of course you are under the impression that the british press are paragons of virtue, don't lie and don't have an agenda.
      In which case you would be deluded.

Quick Reply