Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Fernando Torres (host of clubs)

Read 57966 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Fernando Torres (host of clubs)
      Reply #23: May 06, 2010 02:07:04 pm
      If he goes and the money got was used on signing the likes of Villa, Silva, Van der Vaart, it would soften the blow somewhat
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4587 
      Reply #24: May 06, 2010 02:11:29 pm
      If rafa sanctions a move away for torres it will reveal a fact that maybe his knee's or hamstring is a major problem.
      Villa would slot in sweetley as would silva which would makes us less reliant on one striker and offer us a nother dimension to our set-up.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #25: May 06, 2010 02:12:55 pm
      Yeah, and he COULD actually be the reincarnation of mao tse tung - and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

When you can find a source that quotes him directly, rather than this media driven bullshit and attempt to destabalize our club and character assasinate our manager and players then I'll believe it.

Until then, it's bullshit, pure and simple - unless of course you are under the impression that the british press are paragons of virtue, don't lie and don't have an agenda.
      In which case you would be deluded.

Take your point, but what's the point in this whole summer transfer board if it contains stuff like this? What's the point in having topics without any direct quotations?
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #26: May 06, 2010 02:14:20 pm
      If rafa sanctions a move away for torres it will reveal a fact that maybe his knee's or hamstring is a major problem.
      Villa would slot in sweetley as would silva which would makes us less reliant on one striker and offer us a nother dimension to our set-up.
      Villa's hitting 30 years of age, I think we missed the boat with him.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #27: May 06, 2010 02:37:59 pm
      Take your point, but what's the point in this whole summer transfer board if it contains stuff like this? What's the point in having topics without any direct quotations?

I honestly believe at the moment we can pretty much disregard most of what we see in the press.

The vast majority of it is re-hashed stories which had no foundation the first time around, featuring those famous "inside sources" that reporters use to hide behind in order to spread lies and create situations.

It's like the story the other day, where the headline was "Benayoun wants to leave" or some other such nonsense, when in fact all he said was that he didn't know if he would be here next season because no-one knows what's going on.

Again, this will be rehashed with quotes from "inside sources" throughout the summer.

The press are leaches, they follow their own agenda and they are answerable to no-one thanks to archaic laws which grant privacy to sources, which in turn enable them to just say "source" and then make up any damn thing they want to.

The press need putting back on a leash, pure and simple - they have to be accountable and answerable to somebody.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #28: May 06, 2010 02:41:40 pm
      True - something similar occured with Carra, just because he said he would go to another club if he had to.

Back to Torres though, I'm so glad Spurs beat City last night, so we can put the Torres to City rumour to bed 'till next season ha.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29: May 06, 2010 02:43:08 pm
      Villa's hitting 30 years of age, I think we missed the boat with him.

I agree. Need to look at a younger striker for sure. Luis Suarez maybe?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #30: May 06, 2010 02:47:14 pm
      He's also said he wants to win things on "countless occasions".

No he didn't, he said he wants to help Liverpool win trophies.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #31: May 06, 2010 03:01:06 pm
      No he didn't, he said he wants to help Liverpool win trophies.

That's right.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #32: May 06, 2010 03:09:07 pm
      For years you resisted the chance to leave Atletico, despite interest from some of the world’s biggest clubs. What finally made you change your mind?
      There were lots of things. After years trying to be successful with Atletico, I saw that we just weren’t achieving that. I came to believe that the club needed a change, that I needed a change. It was the best moment for me to go. I was determined to achieve things that I thought Atletico couldn’t offer. It was a good moment for Atletico too: they could grow, get a lot of money for me and use that to build a team. I thought about it long and hard and I’m convinced I made the right decision.

http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/qanda/42/article.aspx

Interview involving Fernando Torres in the fourfourtwo magazine (not quite sure when it was). It relates to the situation he is in at Liverpool as well. We're not succeeding and winning trophies, we could get a lot of money for him, he wants to achieve things that up to yet we have been unable to offer him.

Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #33: May 06, 2010 03:53:46 pm
      For years you resisted the chance to leave Atletico, despite interest from some of the world’s biggest clubs. What finally made you change your mind?
      There were lots of things. After years trying to be successful with Atletico, I saw that we just weren’t achieving that. I came to believe that the club needed a change, that I needed a change. It was the best moment for me to go. I was determined to achieve things that I thought Atletico couldn’t offer. It was a good moment for Atletico too: they could grow, get a lot of money for me and use that to build a team. I thought about it long and hard and I’m convinced I made the right decision.

http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/qanda/42/article.aspx

Interview involving Fernando Torres in the fourfourtwo magazine (not quite sure when it was). It relates to the situation he is in at Liverpool as well. We're not succeeding and winning trophies, we could get a lot of money for him, he wants to achieve things that up to yet we have been unable to offer him.

Atletico Madrid and Liverpool are two different situations. I think he still wants to play for us.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #34: May 06, 2010 03:55:40 pm
      Atletico Madrid and Liverpool are two different situations. I think he still wants to play for us.

So your saying if Liverpool don't win anything for the next couple of years then he won't leave?
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #35: May 06, 2010 04:02:02 pm
      So your saying if Liverpool don't win anything for the next couple of years then he won't leave?

Are you saying he definitely will?

Any player can leave at any time - what's important is the club, not the individual.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4587 
      Reply #36: May 06, 2010 04:06:01 pm
      Sometimes for the good of th club you have to sell your star man,manure,assenal,have and hvent really suffered but re invested back into theclub.

I hope he is with us next season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #37: May 06, 2010 04:11:58 pm
      Sometimes for the good of th club you have to sell your star man,manure,assenal,have and hvent really suffered but re invested back into theclub.

I hope he is with us next season.

The key difference being the fact that they were allowed to re-invest it, Rafa wouldn't see a penny of that money because it would go to pay off debts.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4587 
      Reply #38: May 06, 2010 04:34:30 pm
      The key difference being the fact that they were allowed to re-invest it, Rafa wouldn't see a penny of that money because it would go to pay off debts.

True,hence the reason why rafa wants reassurances regarding funds available after player sales to re enforce the squad.
      There is an agenda against rafa and what he trying to acheive.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #39: May 06, 2010 04:52:04 pm
      I really don't think Nando is the type to go to a division rival. If he leaves us (which I don't think he will do for a while), he'll go back to Spain, or Italy.
      Jaguar909
      • Banned

• 66 posts | -13 
      • Respect is earned , not given
      Reply #40: May 06, 2010 04:59:56 pm
      That rumour is a pile of stinky sh*te. next rumour please

Torres atm is as big as Liverpool

We can not sell him no matter what price.
      Our stock will shoot down and our size as a club.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4587 
      Reply #41: May 06, 2010 05:04:14 pm
      That rumour is a pile of stinky sh*te. next rumour please

Torres atm is as big as Liverpool

We can not sell him no matter what price.
      Our stock will shoot down and our size as a club.
      Dont be soft.
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | 28 
      Reply #42: May 06, 2010 05:15:57 pm
      If Torres left, I'd say Barcelona would be his destination.  Seems they already want David Villa, and with presidential elections coming up, be prepared for some candidate to float the idea of a Torres-Villa partnership as a way to win support among the socios.

With Ibrahimovic considered a failure and Henry on his way out, Barca will be looking for new options in attack.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #43: May 06, 2010 05:53:23 pm
      I reckon Inter or Barca he'd go to.

He said he wants to play in Italy one day, and if he goes to Spain it won't be Atletico or Real plus any other club isn't big enough. Barca for sure.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #44: May 06, 2010 07:08:32 pm
      £70 million would buy you 4 world class players.

No it wouldn't. If the club you are buying from knows that the player they have is world class, they wouldn't let them go for less than 20m these days.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #45: May 06, 2010 08:27:14 pm
      No it wouldn't. If the club you are buying from knows that the player they have is world class, they wouldn't let them go for less than 20m these days.

So 3 players and nando's right leg then :P

Quick Reply