Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Fernando Torres (host of clubs)

Read 58168 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Fernando Torres (host of clubs)
      Reply #46: May 06, 2010 08:28:10 pm
      So 3 players and nando's right leg then :P

Is that the one thats injured all the time though? :laugh:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #47: May 06, 2010 08:38:17 pm
      Is that the one thats injured all the time though? :laugh:

Yep and we'll graft Kuyt's leg on to him as that f**ker hardlies if ever gets injured.

Check out the link in my Sig Dave.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #48: May 06, 2010 08:40:52 pm
      I still think Torres is worth more than that in image rights alone. We are entering into a massive new market with the removal of the beer sponsorship from the kit. With the owners of this club looking in the short term and their own wealth Id wouldnt imagine they are even factoring that in. No wonder Rafa wants a meeting
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #49: May 06, 2010 09:12:26 pm
      I still think Torres is worth more than that in image rights alone. We are entering into a massive new market with the removal of the beer sponsorship from the kit. With the owners of this club looking in the short term and their own wealth Id wouldnt imagine they are even factoring that in. No wonder Rafa wants a meeting

Fair point - after all, that's why real bought beckham, and nando is better looking, and a better player than beckham ;)

All those girls in the far east wetting their knickers at the thought of him - makes me sick, cos I just lurve oriental girls...
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #50: May 07, 2010 09:21:31 pm
      In my opinion, the squad needs a BIG injection of new talent, but we won't get any $$ from the owners.  IF Liverpool don't find new owners, AND Rafa gets the $70mil from his sale to spend on new players, I say go for it.  Our primary focus needs to be on getting back into the Champs League ASAP, and to do that we need a deeper squad.  In a highly hypothetical situation, here is what I would do:

Out:  Torres ($70mil), Gerrard (swap for either Higuain/Benzema and VDV), Degen ($2mil), Plessis ($1mil), Kuyt ($8mil), Riera ($6mil) Total:  $88mil to spend
      In:  De Rossi ($30mil), Luis Fabiano ($15mil), Arda ($14mil), Torosidis ($8mil), Lahm ($13mil)
      *Spend the remaining $8mil on young English talent--2/3 players
      *As difficult as it is to think about letting Gerrard go, he deserves to be in a team that is challenging for titles....sadly, I do not see him winning any more trophies at Liverpool
      *Loan Nemeth out to a Premier League club and make a decision on whether he will be able to cut it in the Premier League
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #51: May 07, 2010 09:27:59 pm
      Should bein the 'who would you sell thread' this mate.

Reina

Johnson Carragher Agger Lahm

Maxi De Rossi Mascherano Turan

Luis Fabiano Higuain

Is that what you're saying? Looks very unrealistic to be honest.
      I STAN BULL
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -2 
      Reply #52: May 07, 2010 09:35:27 pm
      Doesnt Nando have somethng tattooed about our gr8 club on his arm. I doubt he has i am a Chelski rent boy any where do u. I hope the lad has morales. Would a bad day if we sold the lad
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #53: May 07, 2010 10:35:12 pm
      Should bein the 'who would you sell thread' this mate.

Reina

Johnson Carragher Agger Lahm

Maxi De Rossi Mascherano Turan

Luis Fabiano Higuain

Is that what you're saying? Looks very unrealistic to be honest.

I was actually thinking:

Reina

Johnson   Carra     Agger      Lahm

De Rossi    Masch

Yossi              Aquil           Arda

Higuain

*I realize this is unlikely, but economically, it is feasible....it would also fix our problem of lack of depth, as we would have plenty of replacements for injured players....we struggled so much this season because we didn't have quality back-up players when our best players weren't available
      Subs:
      Defense:  Torosidis, Skrtl, Kyriakos, Ayala, Insua, Darby
      Midfield:  Lucas, Spearing, Maxi, VDV, Shelvey, Babel
      Forwards: Milan, Fabiano, Ngog
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #54: May 07, 2010 11:02:05 pm
      I would think it's a tad overboard.

I know no player is bigger than the club but if we want to move forward, we have to keep Gerrard and Torres. On their days, something we haven't seen this season, they are top 10 footballers in the world and on their worse, top 50 at least.

And furthermore, I don't think we need a complete surgery in the squad. We just need to get rid of some players like El Zhar, Degen, Cavalieri, Plessis and Riera for better players.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #55: May 07, 2010 11:22:06 pm
      In my opinion, the squad needs a BIG injection of new talent, but we won't get any $$ from the owners.  IF Liverpool don't find new owners, AND Rafa gets the $70mil from his sale to spend on new players, I say go for it.  Our primary focus needs to be on getting back into the Champs League ASAP, and to do that we need a deeper squad.  In a highly hypothetical situation, here is what I would do:

Out:  Torres ($70mil), Gerrard (swap for either Higuain/Benzema and VDV), Degen ($2mil), Plessis ($1mil), Kuyt ($8mil), Riera ($6mil) Total:  $88mil to spend
      In:  De Rossi ($30mil), Luis Fabiano ($15mil), Arda ($14mil), Torosidis ($8mil), Lahm ($13mil)
      *Spend the remaining $8mil on young English talent--2/3 players
      *As difficult as it is to think about letting Gerrard go, he deserves to be in a team that is challenging for titles....sadly, I do not see him winning any more trophies at Liverpool
      *Loan Nemeth out to a Premier League club and make a decision on whether he will be able to cut it in the Premier League

Sure looks like a Man City overhaul of an off-season. If we get rid of both Torres and Gerrard our club will suffer in a lot of ways. I can't see this happening.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #56: May 08, 2010 05:05:56 am
      On topic please! There's a thread just one page back for this talk.

Doesnt Nando have somethng tattooed about our gr8 club on his arm. I doubt he has i am a Chelski rent boy any where do u. I hope the lad has morales. Would a bad day if we sold the lad

Right on!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #57: May 08, 2010 01:52:54 pm
      I know for sure, if I was a player of Torres quality, I would want to be a part of building something great at a club, not jumping on the bandwaggon of a few mercenari bandits, pretending to support the club they play for, kissing badges and all that, until the next higher offer comes in. See Chelsea and City. Ambition is one thing, greed is another. THats why we are Liverpool.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #58: May 08, 2010 04:09:46 pm
      Can't see Nando going anywhere ! i don't think he's been badly done to since he came here has he? injuries have been looked after well so i think most of it is again media hype
      the chef
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #59: May 08, 2010 10:14:52 pm
      Chelsea have launched a dramatic and potentially record-breaking £70m offer for Liverpool striker Fernando Torres, according to reports.

The Daily Mail, splashing the bombshell across its back page, claims that 'preliminary discussions have already taken place, with the outcome of those meetings positive enough to convince Roman Abramovich that he will beat his big-spending rivals at Eastlands to the 26-year-old Spaniard'.

Manchester City, whose manager Roberto Mancini publicly confirmed his interest in signing Torres two weeks ago, had previously been thought favourites to sign Torres were he to leave Anfield. Fleet Street continues to maintain that the Spaniard is considering his future at the club despite signing a new deal last year.

Concern about Torres' intentions have been further complicated by claims in the past week that the striker may have lost faith in Rafa Benitez.

Following the suggestion made by The Daily Mirror that 'Torres is no longer an admirer of Benitez',

http://msn.football365.com/story/0,17033,13852_6134064,00.html?ocid=today

The Daily Mail.......ah yeah right
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2010 10:17:52 pm by Reslivo »
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #60: May 09, 2010 12:08:29 am
      Fernando Torres looks like a real nice lad who has a good heart. When he said he feels at home in Liverpool, I'm pretty sure he meant it and Liverpool would be the only English club he'll play for.

I don't see him moving to any other English team unless under really crazy circumstances like John Terry kidnapping his family and will only let them go if he plays for Chelsea.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #61: May 09, 2010 11:09:44 am
      It looks like that Man City want to buy Fernando for 40 million.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #62: May 09, 2010 11:29:57 am
       :roll:

OK, that for his left foot......

Man City can F**k right offffffff.  :f_steam:
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #63: May 09, 2010 03:31:00 pm
      :roll:

OK, that for his left foot......

Man City can f**k right offffffff.  :f_steam:

That's for his injured knee, which is better than any of their players....;D
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #64: May 09, 2010 03:41:45 pm
      F**k off you chavy dingles, Nando's staying a red.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #65: May 09, 2010 05:26:27 pm

Following the suggestion made by The Daily Mirror that 'Torres is no longer an admirer of Benitez',

Exactly, it's bollocks and they are admitting that there is no truth in it by saying it was suggested by them.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #66: May 09, 2010 07:08:40 pm
      £40 million F**k that.
      machell88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 269 posts |
      Reply #67: May 10, 2010 05:51:19 am
      I think if ever these kind of rumours materialised into genuine offers from chelsea or man city, the board, and the manager need to realise that torres can not be replaced and there would be no point in selling him whatever the money. We could buy higuain, benzema, pato, villa and all three would fail to fill the void left by torres.

He is the best striker in the world, simple as that. The only way i could see it making sense to let him go would be if he submitted a formal transfer request. This would show he clearly did not want to be here anymore, and no player should be kept against their own will.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #68: May 10, 2010 10:48:29 am
      Just going to say I've seen another thing this morning claiming City are going to bid £40m.

I'm sorry but, he's F***ing worth more than that.

Quick Reply