Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Fernando Torres (host of clubs)

Read 57968 times
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Re: Fernando Torres (host of clubs)
      Reply #713: Aug 03, 2010 02:54:50 pm
      Everyone can Relax lads, It's over!! Some fantastic quotes from Nando on SSN, he's staying!!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #714: Aug 03, 2010 03:00:47 pm
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/i-m-at-the-best-club

Whomever has the power to, lock this thread por favor :D

And do it with great pleasure :P
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #715: Aug 03, 2010 03:01:36 pm
      From the LFC Website

After arriving back to Melwood as a World Cup winner, Fernando Torres sat down with Liverpoolfc.tv to discuss his new manager, the arrival of Joe Cole and his dreams of taking the Reds back to the top of English football.

First of all Fernando, congratulations on winning the World Cup - have you had a good summer?

Yes, as you can imagine it was an amazing day for Spaniards all over the world. Winning the World Cup happens maybe once in your life so it was a fantastic feeling and a great way to end the season. I have had a break over the summer and I'm now glad to be back here at Liverpool to see all of my teammates.

We know you picked up an injury in the World Cup final. How are you feeling now, are you fit and ready to go again?

Yes, I am looking forward to the first game. I have less than two weeks to get ready but I felt really good in my first session back with the physios and the doctor. I will try to be fit as soon as possible and I am looking forward to playing at Anfield again.

We know it's hard work early in pre-season, but are you enjoying being back around your teammates again?

Of course. After a nice break enjoying the summer with my family I was looking forward to coming back to Melwood to see the staff, my teammates and the new players. I'm excited about the new season and about the targets of the club.

We obviously have a new manager now who you met in Spain. How impressed are you with Roy Hodgson's plans for the club and how much are you looking forward to working with him?

I really appreciated the fact that Roy came out to see me while I was on my holidays. He told me about his plans for the club and what he wanted from me and I appreciated that. I hope he will be the right man to reach the targets of Liverpool Football Club and I am really looking forward to working with him. At the moment I am training just on my own but as soon as I can I will train with the team and with the new manager.

Steven Gerrard has already said he is looking forward to the new season, Joe Cole has arrived and made his debut at the weekend - how excited are you about the future here at Liverpool?

I was talking to Stevie a lot today and I also met with Joe. I think Joe is exactly the kind of player we need to improve the history of our club. We are keeping our best players and so it's nice to be back with them. Hopefully we can play together as soon as possible.

How excited were you when you heard Joe Cole was signing for Liverpool?

He is the kind of player I like to play with and the kind of player who can take the team to a higher level. His passing is unbelievable so hopefully he can start the season well because I am sure he will be a key player for us.

Joe has said he's looking forward to creating a lot of chances and a lot of goals for you this season...

Hopefully that will be the case. I'm excited about playing with him and hopefully we can all help him settle into the team and the city to make sure he can reach his best as quickly as possible. It's up to us to help the new players.

What are your personal targets this season and what do you think Liverpool can achieve?

This is the best club in the country so the targets and expectations are always high. Hopefully we can stay at our level. At Liverpool the aim is to fight for every title. It was difficult last season but we are sure we can improve this season. I am really happy to be back, really happy to stay with all my teammates. My commitment and loyalty to the club and to the fans is the same as it was on my first day when I signed. I am looking forward to the challenge ahead.

Why does this club mean so much to you?

From my first day I got the same welcome as Stevie or Carra or players who have been here for a long time. I felt at home from the first day, I feel the fans love me and everyone knows I am really happy here and really happy to play at Anfield. As I said earlier, I'm looking forward to starting the season and playing with my teammates and for the fans.

Is the dream to score the goals which wins trophies for this club?

Of course. I know that one trophy here at Liverpool - maybe the Premier League - means more than three or four with another club. This was my target from the day I came and it's still my target. Hopefully this season we can feel this sensation here at Liverpool.

Author: Paul Eaton

Thanks Nando I think that puts it to bed now.
      KING ROBBIE 9
      • Forum David Johnson

• 243 posts |
      Reply #716: Aug 03, 2010 03:02:13 pm
      Just heard it on talk sport nando being quoted as saying he's staying....Its gettin better by the day
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #717: Aug 03, 2010 03:03:22 pm
      Just what i want to hear. Straight from the horses mouth, we can all relax now. Nothing but positive news this summer so far.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #718: Aug 03, 2010 03:05:12 pm
      yessssssssssss cmon get in thier just heard it on SSN made the hairs stand up on my neck he said hes felt like at home since the first time he came here well there we have  cmon :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :clap: :clap: :food-smiley-005: :food-smiley-005: :food-smiley-005: :aaliverpool2xt1: :ernaehrung004: lets party
      redman147
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts | -1 
      Reply #719: Aug 03, 2010 03:06:00 pm

What are your personal targets this season and what do you think Liverpool can achieve?

This is the best club in the country so the targets and expectations are always high. Hopefully we can stay at our level. At Liverpool the aim is to fight for every title. It was difficult last season but we are sure we can improve this season. I am really happy to be back, really happy to stay with all my teammates. My commitment and loyalty to the club and to the fans is the same as it was on my first day when I signed. I am looking forward to the challenge ahead.

What a legend! Get in there Nando lad
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #720: Aug 03, 2010 03:06:45 pm
      F***ing. A.

F**k off all you fuckers who were trying to take him away - you never stood a chance!
      imcfitz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      Reply #721: Aug 03, 2010 03:09:51 pm
      a god amongst men!!!!!  too soon to lock the topic?? 

lets hope he has been told theres gonna be more than one kenny at the club next yr and he will be of asian decent......

:f_tongueincheek:
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #722: Aug 03, 2010 03:14:34 pm
      There is only one song in my head now!

His armband proved that he's a Red, Torres! Torres!
      You'll never walk alone it said, Torres! Torres!
      We bought the lad from sunny Spain;
      He gets the ball; he scores again.
      Fernando Torres, Liverpool's number 9!

Na na na na na na na na...................... .....................

Bounce with me!
      imcfitz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      Reply #723: Aug 03, 2010 03:15:29 pm
      There is only one song in my head now!

His armband proved that he's a Red, Torres! Torres!
      You'll never walk alone it said, Torres! Torres!
      We bought the lad from sunny Spain;
      He gets the ball; he scores again.
      Fernando Torres, Liverpool's number 9!

Na na na na na na na na...................... .....................

Bounce with me!
      :f_whistle: :f_whistle: :f_whistle: :f_whistle: :f_whistle: :f_whistle: :f_whistle: :f_whistle: :f_whistle: :f_whistle: :f_whistle:

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #724: Aug 03, 2010 03:17:33 pm
      As promised...

Topic locked. :)

Quick Reply