Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Friday evening at 6pm (BST) - Let's show our support for Rafa

Read 16957 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Friday evening at 6pm (BST) - Let's show our support for Rafa
      Reply #276: May 07, 2010 07:28:07 pm
      Stood at the station reading through on my phone - class stuff from the lot of you. Superb that talksport and reporting it.

Same again tomorrow? ;)
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #277: May 07, 2010 07:34:00 pm
      Stood at the station reading through on my phone - class stuff from the lot of you. Superb that talksport and reporting it.

Same again tomorrow? ;)

Oh yes.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #278: May 07, 2010 07:36:42 pm
      My bouncers   :o :o :D

hugh.mcilvanney@sunday-times.co.uk

d.maddock@mirror.co.uk

brian.reade@mirror.co.uk

sid.lowe@guardian.co.uk 

ben.smith@thetimes.co.uk

tony.barrett@thetimes.co.uk

and one automated acknowledgment from tonight@itv.com
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #279: May 07, 2010 07:39:45 pm
      My bouncers   :o :o :D

hugh.mcilvanney@sunday-times.co.uk

tony.barrett@thetimes.co.uk

and one automated acknowledgment from tonight@itv.com

Those two bounced both times for me as well, and i got that acknowledgement - must be a common thing that!

Chuffed to hear they are talking about it, and that together as numbers we have at least got them talking ;D Feels good, don't regret the early wake up one bit, never do when it comes to this club :)
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #280: May 07, 2010 07:48:02 pm
      If we have 3000 people sending emails to the same addresses in the same time, how would this differ from bombing someone's email address?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #281: May 07, 2010 07:50:14 pm
      Along with other journos, I've received 700+ unsolicited e-mails from #LFC fans outlining faith in Benitez. And a few rogue #MUFC ones ..

http://twitter.com/oliverkaytimes
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #282: May 07, 2010 07:53:06 pm
      I know this sounds a bit weird, but i am not quite sure what to say...
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #283: May 07, 2010 07:55:27 pm
      Copy and paste the Email address's into the TO: box in your Email.  I just did it and it sent the mail to all the addresses listed.

admin@guillembalague.com,tony.barrett@thetimes.co.uk,bill.bradshaw@express.co.uk,james.lawton@independent.co.uk,m.lawton@dailymail.co.uk, martin.samuel@dailymail.co.uk,ashley.gray@dailymail.co.uk,oliver.kay@thetimes.co.uk ,
      sam.wallace@independent.co.uk,dominic.fifield@guardian.co.uk,martin.lipton@mirror.co.uk,henry.winter@telegraph.co.uk ,kevin.mccarra@guardian.co.uk, hugh.mcilvanney@sunday-times.co.uk, leewatson@guillembalague.com,sportletters@sunday-times.co.uk,sport@independent.co.uk,editorial@dailymailonline.co.uk,sport@tribune.ie,mailbox@mirror.co.uk,starsport@dailystar.co.uk,sports@sundayworld.com, sport@liverpoolecho.co.uk,mailbox@mirror.co.uk,home.news@thetimes.co.uk,sport@guardian.co.uk,sport@independent.co.uk,606@bbc.co.uk,5livesport@bbc.co.uk,u2us@skysports.com,
      fff@foxsoccer.com,onair@talksport.co.uk,football@bbc.co.uk,tonight@itv.com,
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #284: May 07, 2010 07:56:08 pm
      I know this sounds a bit weird, but i am not quite sure what to say...

Well in every one, job well done, sums it up :)
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #285: May 07, 2010 07:57:11 pm
      Well in every one, job well done, sums it up :)

No, I meant in the email  ???
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #286: May 07, 2010 07:57:24 pm
      I know people will not like this, let's stop it before people complain because we send them unsolicited emails. This is pretty much like spamming someone else mailbox.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #287: May 07, 2010 07:58:13 pm
      Here is the copy I sent.

To: admin@guillembalague.com, tony.barrett@thetimes.co.uk, bill.bradshaw@express.co.uk, james.lawton@independent.co.uk, m.lawton@dailymail.co.uk, martin.samuel@dailymail.co.uk, ashley.gray@dailymail.co.uk, oliver.kay@thetimes.co.uk, sam.wallace@independent.co.uk, dominic.fifield@guardian.co.uk, martin.lipton@mirror.co.uk, henry.winter@telegraph.co.uk, kevin.mccarra@guardian.co.uk, hugh.mcilvanney@sunday-times.co.uk, leewatson@guillembalague.com, sportletters@sunday-times.co.uk, sport@independent.co.uk, editorial@dailymailonline.co.uk, sport@tribune.ie, mailbox@mirror.co.uk, starsport@dailystar.co.uk, sports@sundayworld.com, sport@liverpoolecho.co.uk, home.news@thetimes.co.uk, sport@guardian.co.uk, 606@bbc.co.uk, 5livesport@bbc.co.uk, u2us@skysports.com, fff@foxsoccer.com, onair@talksport.co.uk, football@bbc.co.uk, tonight@itv.com
      Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 13:50:32 -0400
      Subject: I want Rafa Benitez to stay
      Dear Sir,

It would appear that the media campaign against Rafa Benitez shows no sign of abating.In fact even after 6 years it appears to be gaining momentum.
      As a lifelong Liverpool supporter I give the manager my wholehearted support in the face of this deliberate and continued attempt by the media in this country to discredit him at every opportunity.

We are only too aware of the agenda being perpetrated as we have been watching with increased frustration and disbelief for a long time now.
      We can seperate The Truth from the lies and the opinion masquerading as facts regarding our club, as we live and breath them every day.

We are supporters of Liverpool Football Club, and our history has taught us many things.There is very little we haven't seen, heard or experienced. We have been fortunate to have had some of the greatest managers the football world has ever known. So I think we are suitably qualified to make a judgement on our current manager without the need for the media to attempt to influence and patronise us with their version of Rafa Benitez and his achievements at Liverpool.

No amount of speculation and innuendo on the part of the media will change our level of support for Mr Benitez as we firmly believe he is the right man to be at the helm of our great club. In fact, the more the media attempts to skew the facts, the stronger our support will become.

By all means report what you see, that is your right. However it's well worth taking note that there are those of us out there that are intelligent enough to see through different eyes.

Yours Sincerely,
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #288: May 07, 2010 08:01:42 pm
      Here is the copy I sent.

To: admin@guillembalague.com, tony.barrett@thetimes.co.uk, bill.bradshaw@express.co.uk, james.lawton@independent.co.uk, m.lawton@dailymail.co.uk, martin.samuel@dailymail.co.uk, ashley.gray@dailymail.co.uk, oliver.kay@thetimes.co.uk, sam.wallace@independent.co.uk, dominic.fifield@guardian.co.uk, martin.lipton@mirror.co.uk, henry.winter@telegraph.co.uk, kevin.mccarra@guardian.co.uk, hugh.mcilvanney@sunday-times.co.uk, leewatson@guillembalague.com, sportletters@sunday-times.co.uk, sport@independent.co.uk, editorial@dailymailonline.co.uk, sport@tribune.ie, mailbox@mirror.co.uk, starsport@dailystar.co.uk, sports@sundayworld.com, sport@liverpoolecho.co.uk, home.news@thetimes.co.uk, sport@guardian.co.uk, 606@bbc.co.uk, 5livesport@bbc.co.uk, u2us@skysports.com, fff@foxsoccer.com, onair@talksport.co.uk, football@bbc.co.uk, tonight@itv.com
      Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 13:50:32 -0400
      Subject: I want Rafa Benitez to stay
      Dear Sir,

It would appear that the media campaign against Rafa Benitez shows no sign of abating.In fact even after 6 years it appears to be gaining momentum.
      As a lifelong Liverpool supporter I give the manager my wholehearted support in the face of this deliberate and continued attempt by the media in this country to discredit him at every opportunity.

We are only too aware of the agenda being perpetrated as we have been watching with increased frustration and disbelief for a long time now.
      We can seperate The Truth from the lies and the opinion masquerading as facts regarding our club, as we live and breath them every day.

We are supporters of Liverpool Football Club, and our history has taught us many things.There is very little we haven't seen, heard or experienced. We have been fortunate to have had some of the greatest managers the football world has ever known. So I think we are suitably qualified to make a judgement on our current manager without the need for the media to attempt to influence and patronise us with their version of Rafa Benitez and his achievements at Liverpool.

No amount of speculation and innuendo on the part of the media will change our level of support for Mr Benitez as we firmly believe he is the right man to be at the helm of our great club. In fact, the more the media attempts to skew the facts, the stronger our support will become.

By all means report what you see, that is your right. However it's well worth taking note that there are those of us out there that are intelligent enough to see through different eyes.

Yours Sincerely,

Cheers mate. That has helped me to get thinking.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #289: May 07, 2010 08:03:52 pm
      Those two bounced both times for me as well, and i got that acknowledgement - must be a common thing that!

Chuffed to hear they are talking about it, and that together as numbers we have at least got them talking ;D Feels good, don't regret the early wake up one bit, never do when it comes to this club :)

;D, when i was living in sydney the year we made our second euro final i was up for every game. My boss must have wondered what the F**k i was doing coming in looking sh*t faced every wednesday and tuesday morning. Worth every minute, even if the squad picked for that was appaling.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #290: May 07, 2010 08:06:29 pm
      Along with other journos, I've received 700+ unsolicited e-mails from #LFC fans outlining faith in Benitez. And a few rogue #MUFC ones ..

http://twitter.com/oliverkaytimes

PMSL, Looks like the mankers are catching on too. OOPS.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #291: May 07, 2010 08:10:19 pm
      I had a few bounce back...but now my email is getting pounded with the auto reply thank-you's from the ones that went through.  So it worked great...
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #292: May 07, 2010 08:14:56 pm
      I had a few bounce back...but now my email is getting pounded with the auto reply thank-you's from the ones that went through.  So it worked great...

Hey, do you and our American fanbase know much about supporters groups in the states? I reckon we should go after Hicks and Gillet on their home turf. Just to let them know they can't hide over there.  ;D

Just an idea like, but if this thing picks up steam. Whats to stop us doing something similar in the states. To highlight the appaling way in which they run our club. 
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #293: May 07, 2010 08:18:29 pm
      ;D, when I was living in sydney the year we made our second euro final I was up for every game. My boss must have wondered what the f**k I was doing coming in looking sh*t faced every wednesday and tuesday morning. Worth every minute, even if the squad picked for that was appaling.

:laugh: Same as growing up in South Oz mate, any time from 10pm through 6am you were getting up every weekend for matches, woke members of my family on more than one occasion with my yelling as well!

Never regret it, never will!

Hows the talk over there? Any news sources reporting anything yet?

Whats the bet places like sky just sweep it under the rug :roll:

Hey, do you and our American fanbase know much about supporters groups in the states? I reckon we should go after Hicks and Gillet on their home turf. Just to let them know they can't hide over there.  ;D

Just an idea like, but if this thing picks up steam. Whats to stop us doing something similar in the states. To highlight the appaling way in which they run our club. 

Main supporter group i know of is the one in New York - which sucks for me being on the opposite side of the country. I did shoot my email off to ESPN as well though, hopefully that worked.

Im more than willing to help with something if we got something together on this side of the pond though!
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #294: May 07, 2010 08:23:48 pm
      Caught on to this quite late. I couldn't really get my point across and you will see that it is quite similar to Yanklfcfan's letter:

Dear Sir,

Rafael Benetiz has been Liverpool manager for 6 years now. From day one, it seems that you and your fellow media colleagues are out to get him. Whether it be to criticise his team selections, his transfers, his comments etc. I, for one, am angered by the constant lies and innuendo published by all in the media. I am a lifelong Liverpool Football Club supporter and i have seen some great mangers at the club. As a result, i think me and my fellow Liverpool supporters are most suitbably qualified to judge how good our current manager is.

These days, it is hard to watch a TV programme, read a newspaper/magazine without being fed some utter rubbish about Rafa. This is a man who led us to victory in the European Cup final at the Ataturk stadium against, a very good AC Milan team, despite being 3-0 down. This is the man who led us to another European Cup final but we were unfortunate to lsoe. This is the man who won the ne of the most memorable FA Cup finals in recent times. This is the man who led us to 2nd place in the league last season, despite being limited financially, only 4 points behind the eventual winners Manchester United. Do you not think the man deserves a bit of respect for what he has achieved at our club despite being handcuffed by the useless American owners?

At the end of the day, you and your fellow media reporters, do not give us, Liverpool supporters, enough credit. You try to patronise and manipulate our thoughts. But, we are smarter than that. We can see through all the lies and rubbish. We find it quite patronising that you feel that you can try and manipulate our thoughts. By all means report on what you see, that is the way you make your living. But let me make it clear, Liverpool supporters are intelligent enough to see through it and not to be manipulated.

At the end of the day, I love Rafa. He has done so much for the club. He has brought excitement to the fans and we have a real good bond with one another. He is our manager. The manager of the greatest club in world football and i, personally, am delighted that that is the case.

Yours Sincerely,

Paul Semple
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #295: May 07, 2010 08:26:20 pm
      Tony Barretts email didn't work. That is the one that bounced back to me.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #296: May 07, 2010 08:36:02 pm
      Don't think Barretts worked for anyone! Nice one for getting in on it though mate, little late but you still did your bit :)

I had the daily star one blocked the second time - think they may have blocked mine after i bombed them with a bunch of emails earlier >:D
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #297: May 07, 2010 08:44:44 pm
      Yeah, actually a Liverpool supporter group from New York got the guy from World Soccer Daily fired, Steven Cohen.  He was also fired from Fox Soccer Channel. He had a show and would commentate on matches.  He made remarks blaming the Liverpool fans for Hillsborough and they went on a tear and got every single one of his sponsors to drop him and then his show was canceled on Sirius Radio.

They went nuts.  I remember sending like a dozen emails to his sponsors and Sirius Radio.  I actually canceled my Sirius account and they called me when he was fired and wanted me to sign up again. I didn't but it was pretty funny how it all happened.  I actually liked the show and it was the only real link I had to the EPL here in the States. But, he was out of line and the sh*t he said was wrong. You dont blame an entire team or fanbase for a tragic accident which, we all know now, and knew when he said it, that it was not Liverpools fault or the fans.  He then tried to apologize but it was a half ass apology and he still refused to say it wasn't the supporters fault.  He then said he received all these death threats and anti-semetic remarks on calls and emails but couldnt produce any and had no copies.  He was a f***in asshole. Plus he's Chelsea. So F**k him.   Although I give credit to Chelsea...They sided with the fans and dropped all their support and advertising for his show too and they were actually the first sponsor to drop him.They had a contract and sponsor deal with him.So I give Chelsea some props their.

I think he has another show now but I dont know.

I'll see if I can find the link for them. I know they are from NY and they actually have a Liverpool only bar in Manhattan.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #298: May 07, 2010 08:46:59 pm
      Actually my letter came from someone else...It was posted on page 1 of this topic.  I just used that one.  It was good.

Quick Reply