Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Friday evening at 6pm (BST) - Let's show our support for Rafa

Read 16956 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Friday evening at 6pm (BST) - Let's show our support for Rafa
      Reply #299: May 07, 2010 08:49:39 pm
      Yeah, actually a Liverpool supporter group from New York got the guy from World Soccer Daily fired, Steven Cohen.  He was also fired from Fox Soccer Channel. He had a show and would commentate on matches.  He made remarks blaming the Liverpool fans for Hillsborough and they went on a tear and got every single one of his sponsors to drop him and then his show was canceled on Sirius Radio.

They went nuts.  I remember sending like a dozen emails to his sponsors and Sirius Radio.  I actually canceled my Sirius account and they called me when he was fired and wanted me to sign up again. I didn't but it was pretty funny how it all happened.  I actually liked the show and it was the only real link I had to the EPL here in the States. But, he was out of line and the sh*t he said was wrong. You dont blame an entire team or fanbase for a tragic accident which, we all know now, and knew when he said it, that it was not Liverpools fault or the fans.  He then tried to apologize but it was a half ass apology and he still refused to say it wasn't the supporters fault.  He then said he received all these death threats and anti-semetic remarks on calls and emails but couldnt produce any and had no copies.  He was a f***in asshole. Plus he's Chelsea. So f**k him.   Although I give credit to Chelsea...They sided with the fans and dropped all their support and advertising for his show too and they were actually the first sponsor to drop him.They had a contract and sponsor deal with him.So I give Chelsea some props their.

I think he has another show now but I dont know.

I'll see if I can find the link for them. I know they are from NY and they actually have a Liverpool only bar in Manhattan.

I remember reading about all that, good show of unity from all supporters that!

And as for the bar - i know Brooklyn Red has been down there recently. He would be able to tell all about what its about im sure!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #300: May 07, 2010 08:50:23 pm
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #301: May 07, 2010 08:52:34 pm

Well of course any ones that are not just stating facts about supporting Rafa and getting the yanks out are 'krap' - shouldn't be too hard for him to work it out!
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #302: May 07, 2010 08:53:03 pm

Hows the talk over there? Any news sources reporting anything yet?

Whats the bet places like sky just sweep it under the rug :roll:

No idea mate. I have to pay a pound for sky sports news. Too much in my eyes, bas**rds. I know talksport and plenty of journos on twitter have acknowledged it though.  
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #303: May 07, 2010 08:54:57 pm
      Yeah, actually a Liverpool supporter group from New York got the guy from World Soccer Daily fired, Steven Cohen.  He was also fired from Fox Soccer Channel. He had a show and would commentate on matches.  He made remarks blaming the Liverpool fans for Hillsborough and they went on a tear and got every single one of his sponsors to drop him and then his show was canceled on Sirius Radio.

They went nuts.  I remember sending like a dozen emails to his sponsors and Sirius Radio.  I actually canceled my Sirius account and they called me when he was fired and wanted me to sign up again. I didn't but it was pretty funny how it all happened.  I actually liked the show and it was the only real link I had to the EPL here in the States. But, he was out of line and the sh*t he said was wrong. You dont blame an entire team or fanbase for a tragic accident which, we all know now, and knew when he said it, that it was not Liverpools fault or the fans.  He then tried to apologize but it was a half ass apology and he still refused to say it wasn't the supporters fault.  He then said he received all these death threats and anti-semetic remarks on calls and emails but couldnt produce any and had no copies.  He was a f***in asshole. Plus he's Chelsea. So F**k him.   Although I give credit to Chelsea...They sided with the fans and dropped all their support and advertising for his show too and they were actually the first sponsor to drop him.They had a contract and sponsor deal with him.So I give Chelsea some props their.

I think he has another show now but I dont know.

I'll see if I can find the link for them. I know they are from NY and they actually have a Liverpool only bar in Manhattan.

Sounds perfect, they could be just what we need to rid ourselves of c**t n c**t.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #304: May 07, 2010 08:56:17 pm
      No idea mate. I have to pay a pound for sky sports news. Too much in my eyes, bas**rds. I know talksport and plenty of journos on twitter have acknowledged it though. 

Yeah, been watching Twitter a bit, theres a fair amount of activity!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #305: May 07, 2010 08:57:12 pm
      Well of course any ones that are not just stating facts about supporting Rafa and getting the yanks out are 'krap' - shouldn't be too hard for him to work it out!

KRAP = Keep Rafa At Pool, so even the Manc's in their sadistic wry way want Rafa here. ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #306: May 07, 2010 09:00:43 pm
      KRAP = Keep Rafa At Pool, so even the Manc's in their sadistic wry way want Rafa here. ;)

Ohh! Hadn't heard that one. Right, well that makes sense then.

F***ing mancs. Like seriously, you have that much time you wanna F**k about with our own campaigns and undermine us?! So bloody annoying.

Still, i would hope that a sincere email would be easy enough to tell apart from one written by a manc. For one, it would be spelt right ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #307: May 07, 2010 09:02:41 pm
      Ohh! Hadn't heard that one. Right, well that makes sense then.

F***ing mancs. Like seriously, you have that much time you wanna F**k about with our own campaigns and undermine us?! So bloody annoying.

Still, i would hope that a sincere email would be easy enough to tell apart from one written by a manc. For one, it would be spelt right ;)

Considering the majority will never ever be read mate, they will probably go down in numbers as in support of Rafa. :)
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #308: May 07, 2010 09:03:31 pm

He sounds alright, maybe we shouldnt be spamming the good ones.

OOPS, that what Krap means. Need to lay of the cider.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #309: May 07, 2010 09:11:15 pm
      http://twitter.com/RedLFCBlood

# Is sitting with jump leads on my nipples, hooked up the battery of my car wearing a rubber gimp suit declaring my man love for Rafa :)     less than 20 seconds ago  via web

* Delete

#

@oliverkaytimes hopefully it will receive some coverage that the majority of Liverpool fans, are as always supporting our manager :) 23 minutes ago via web in reply to oliverkaytimes
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #310: May 07, 2010 09:11:35 pm
      Been stuck at work, do you reckon it's too late to join in...?

bugger it, sending it in anyway.
      rez
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #311: May 07, 2010 09:20:51 pm
      Only just home from work.
      Nice and short message, straight to the point................... ....... SENT!!!!
      Its never too late imo. They'll still get there.

As it's been pointed out, most of these will never be read so the man utd fans will actually be helping us as there is no way to distinguish them without opening them.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #312: May 07, 2010 09:24:30 pm
      Been stuck at work, do you reckon it's too late to join in...?

bugger it, sending it in anyway.

Its never too late to show your support.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #313: May 07, 2010 10:00:16 pm
      I was a few hours late but I decided to show the media how I feel about their views on Rafa opposed to the real fans view. IRWT.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #314: May 07, 2010 11:28:37 pm
      I missed the 6pm protest. I was working. We have to be careful about overdoing it and pissing them off to the point where destroy any benefits BUT at the same time get our message across.

Whats our next step?
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #315: May 07, 2010 11:29:22 pm
      I missed the 6pm protest. I was working. We have to be careful about overdoing it and pissing them off to the point where destroy any benefits BUT at the same time get our message across.

Whats our next step?

Force H&G to sell quickly? ;D
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #316: May 07, 2010 11:49:00 pm

yeah but we, even its as a forum, together with RAWK can try something else. Lets get in touch with them and brainstorm. We need to make this something bigger.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #317: May 08, 2010 01:14:40 am
      To one of the many people not reading this letter.

Although to some this may seem a  rather futile exercise, I truly believe that a response had to be made.  I stopped reading newspapers along time ago, because I was fed up with opinion being broadcast as news and quite honestly, TV /7 radio has gone the same way.  I currently frequent three Liverpool forums,  two are running the Rafa stay/go question.  It may surprise you, that unlike some of the 'reported' news I have heard on some media outlets that the support is split 50/50, both polls are showing that 5/6 ths are in support of our incumbent manager.

I know that some of you will argue that we are partly to blame, will say that we bring some of this media attachment because of our history, our standings in the past.  Some will say that every year Liverpool fans say "This is our year." - a statement I refute, because I'd always include I hope in front of that statement.  But dreaming of glory isn't wrong, it's what every fan wants for his club.  And a large proportion of fans that I mix with want Rafa to be in charge of our tilts at the dream & the glory. 

As far as I can tell, the comparisons used my the media are often half-baked or slanted just far enough so it backs them up.  Comparisons with Wenger are unfounded, he inherited a great squad & a great board. Ferguson was given time & control from top to bottom, in the end though, it was a good crop of kids that saved his job - and looking at Liverpool's reserves & Academy at the moment, we have the talent coming through now.  No point in comparing us to Chelsea or Man City & even Tottenham & Villa have outspent us in the last few years.

I'm not saying I'm not disappointed this season, only a fool would, but only a bigger fool would not give Benitez a chance to prove this was a blip.  Rafa isn't blameless, but he deserves far much more respect from the media than handed out to him. I don't support him blindly, I don't always agree with his choices, but In Rafa I Trust. 

On a final note, can we expect more ludicrous stories this summer? Linking us with 30-40m pound players on the back page and then having opinion pieces saying we have no money to spend.  Or maybe, just this once, you'll all prove me wrong, and we will print news & honest facts, rather than innuendo & salacious gossip.

Yours Sincerely

Roddenberry

DISCLAIMER:    THIS E-MAIL IS BEING SENT BY A GENUINE LIVERPOOL SUPPORTER. ANY E-MAILS RECEIVED THAT DO NOT CONTAIN THIS DISCLAIMER ARE MOST CERTAINLY NOT.
      Shakesy
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts |
      Reply #318: May 08, 2010 04:16:40 am
      You need to start changing the title in your subject if you want your email to get past the spam filters.

For example, they will simply block words in the subject such as 'rafa', 'benitez', 'liverpool'.

You can get round these by adding a space or a comma in the middle of the words. Also no point in writing:

DISCLAIMER:    THIS E-MAIL IS BEING SENT BY A GENUINE LIVERPOOL SUPPORTER. ANY E-MAILS RECEIVED THAT DO NOT CONTAIN THIS DISCLAIMER ARE MOST CERTAINLY NOT.

It's only going to be so long until mancs paste the same disclaimer at the bottom of their hoaxes.
      Shakesy
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts |
      Reply #319: May 08, 2010 04:19:19 am
      Another thing is you should put all the emails in the To section, some of these may filter any emails where their address is in the CC.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #320: May 08, 2010 08:27:52 am
      Hows this going? Ive only just spied it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #321: May 08, 2010 08:48:20 am
      Sent. Bit late, but another one for the pile.

Quick Reply