Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

I sometimes wonder what is going on in peoples minds....

Read 2294 times
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 233 posts | 30 
      I sometimes wonder what is going on in peoples minds....
      Jun 11, 2007 05:24:18 pm
      Just caught up with a mate of mine who was in Athens. Got round to talking abut how many people from all over managed to get tickets.

He then came out with something that is alomost beyond belief....

2 fans with Liverpool shirts walked passed hoards of Reds fans reading copies of The S*n. They started to get stick and they both could not get onto why. My mate said to them "what are you doing with that Dickheads" and the he said there was a genuine look of puzzlement on their faces. He couldn't place the accent, they were English but not an accent readily identifiable.

I wonder how 2 fellas that committed that they spend all that money getting to Ahens wouldn't know that that rag is held in total contempt by the club and anyone associated with the club ???

Like thet title of the thread I sometimes wonder what is going on in people's minds

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: I sometimes wonder what is going on in peoples minds....
      Reply #1: Jun 11, 2007 05:55:31 pm
      I find it hard to believe too Bootle. On pretty much every Liverpool site and forum (apart from the craptalk scam-artists) there are plenty of references to 'Don't buy The Sun' and extensive reasons for the fan who may not be aware.

To be fair, when modding this board, we still occasionally have to delete articles that have been posted on the forum that have originated in that newspaper.

It was 18 years ago granted, but if anyone considers themselves a true fan of our club then they should understand ALL aspects of our history.

There are two words that sum up these kind of individuals - Glory Hunters.

What's worse is that pair of clowns probably had tickets to get in.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #2: Jun 11, 2007 08:32:42 pm
      I agree with both posts, what you'll probably find is that these 'supporters' have paid through the nose to a tout / ticket agency for this match.
      They will never of been to Anfield, and think that they are the true 'supporters' for watching the team in a big final.

Trust me I met a few, and they mostly came from 2 areas in particular. - I will not name them as genuine fans on this forum could take offence to it.
      But, they seem to think it's ok to pay vasts amounts go to a final and stop the true supporters - who will not even look at the cover of that rag and who have been to 6 European games - from getting a chance of a ticket.

I had one in my hotel, who took his little lad, and had paid £800 each !!, and he even admitted to never of been to Anfield.
      Trust me, that rag was never near my hotel., but these are the type of people your on about Bootle.
      Rushie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts | -3 
      Reply #3: Jun 11, 2007 10:38:21 pm
      I have been fortunate never to see a Liverpool supporter with a copy of the aforementioned newspaper.

If I did I would give them more than a piece of my mind.

As far as I am concerned 'fans' who do read it aren't actually real Liverpool fans at all.  It really is that simple.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #4: Jun 11, 2007 11:32:53 pm
      I have been fortunate never to see a Liverpool supporter with a copy of the aforementioned newspaper.

If I did I would give them more than a piece of my mind.

As far as I am concerned 'fans' who do read it aren't actually real Liverpool fans at all.  It really is that simple.

That's fair enough Rushie, but the most important thing is that a lot of people don't actually realise why they shouldn't have anything to do with that scumbag rag. The ones that do realise and still read it, or even worse buy it, are the ones who need their heads testing.

For anyone who still doesn't understand about that paper, make sure you read this thread!!

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,2108.0.html

« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2007 11:35:49 pm by redkenny »
      vince
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #5: Jun 11, 2007 11:38:02 pm
      i only found out about this on these pages yesterday i have read this paper since i was 10 i feel cheated and will never read it again or its sister paper any recommendations for one which is good for sports?
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #6: Jun 12, 2007 07:04:29 am
      Although I do agree with the most of you about what people should know,  not everyone in the world has access to all this info that the "true" fan should know.....if you started calling out every person who wore a liverpool jersey and questioning the loyalty by how many pieces of history they knew there would be a significant drop in numbers around the world.  Im not saying its ok to just talk the talk and not know your stuff but I am saying is this seriously worth an entire thread???  I live in california and I have to work pretty effing hard for my info and history...But thats because I have learned to love the club....not everyone is lucky enough to be right in the center of it all.  That being said, the fellows reading that garbage are blowing it.
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #7: Jun 12, 2007 09:03:25 am
      I 'm not saying everyone should know every bit of history. But our spat with that rag may have started 18 years ago but it has been very high profile recently and in the public eye.

So as 2 ENGLISH fans there really isn't an excuse.

I wander if they sat there watching this seasons FA Cup tie with Arsenal wandering what the opening minutes were about.
      Rushie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts | -3 
      Reply #8: Jun 12, 2007 05:47:29 pm
      I wander if they sat there watching this seasons FA Cup tie with Arsenal wandering what the opening minutes were about.

Excellent point.

Surely any 'true' supporter would have been watching that game (it was screened on prime time BBC1) and can't have failed to have been aware what the protest was about.

You can't be a real supporter of our great club by choosing what you opt in and out of. There is absolutely no excuse for a Liverpool supporter buying The Sun.  None whatsoever.  To be honest, I cringe when I see it on sale in the likes of the local Tesco.
      kwame30
      • Forum John Barnes

• 420 posts |
      Reply #9: Jun 12, 2007 06:02:49 pm
      never have never will buy that right wing no class not good enough to wipe my f****** ass with crap and i hope no other liverpool suporter will buy it
      Cy
      Reply #10: Jun 13, 2007 08:16:07 pm
      I think there is no excuses, especially if you are english or living in England, before to move to England I didnt really  knew what been a fan in England really means, but I knew about what been a Liverpool fan was and a bit of the history of the club, I might not be the best supporter but I know what i have to do to be considered a fan, the sad story of what happenned and the way it has been very poorly described by this piece of rubbish has been enough documented in anything who touch Liverpool or football in general to been known by people claiming been Liverpool fan..if I, a french lad from a small village of Britanny lost in the middle of nowhere knows about it these 2 lads should have too..
      vydex
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | -5 
      Reply #11: Jun 13, 2007 08:41:36 pm
      Nothing more than glory hunters looking to cash in their ego trip.
      As for the fat jordy tw*t who runs craptalk sh*te yes JD your right but did you also know the S*n look to Dunc for comments about what is going on at Liverpool FC some say he is their so called inside source, my arse...
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #12: Jun 13, 2007 10:03:16 pm
      I could never condone the reading of the rag, and I never will! My auld fella was there with me grandad and two uncles and it has been drummed into me since I was very young, that The S*n and all people associated with it are full of sh*te!
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #13: Jun 13, 2007 10:15:08 pm
      Nothing more than glory hunters looking to cash in their ego trip.
      As for the fat jordy tw*t who runs craptalk sh*te yes JD your right but did you also know the S*n look to Dunc for comments about what is going on at Liverpool FC some say he is their so called inside source, my arse...

Well that says it all then - talk about the blind leading the blind!

Anyway, I think Cy hit the nail on the head - he's French and he knows the score. If you're British and support the reds you really do have no excuse.

Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14: Jun 13, 2007 10:30:47 pm
      I only found out about this on these pages yesterday I have read this paper since I was 10 I feel cheated and will never read it again or its sister paper any recommendations for one which is good for sports?
      There we go. Nobody have a go at this guy okay - he's just found out the truth and will never read it again. We must educate more people :)
      Umm I read The Mirror. Hehe.
      I 'm not saying everyone should know every bit of history. But our spat with that rag may have started 18 years ago but it has been very high profile recently and in the public eye.

So as 2 ENGLISH fans there really isn't an excuse.

Yeah I can understand where you're coming from, but the sad truth is that some people are just oblivious to what happened. ..Being why we need to spread the word.

I wondered what they were about, because I handn't heard that it was going to happen.. It only took me about a minute to figure out why they had those poster things up. And in the pub I go in you can't even hear the commentary, especially at that game, so I worked it out by watching.
      I was quite proud of myself hehe :)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #15: Jun 13, 2007 10:49:50 pm
      And in the pub I go in you can't even hear the commentary, especially at that game, so I worked it out by watching.
      I was quite proud of myself hehe :)

And so you should be! I know one lad who turned around and questioned what it was all about! A supposed die hard fan who tries to berate me for using ever last penny I have getting to games! I just shook me head! Well in Nicola! 8)

Quick Reply