Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Hull 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Chat

Read 30510 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Hull 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Chat
      Reply #345: May 09, 2010 07:25:03 pm
      There was actually something to play for - 6th place.

But I'm not sure whether the players knew they could still get 6th. Whatever it is, whether they know it or not, it's not an excuse.

Oh I see.  Players fault.

What exactly does Rafa get paid for?  I assumed it was for motivating the players... dang, my mistake.

We all know Rafa and the players are to blame. But as it's said, at the end of the day, Rafa does not make passes and does not take shots.

And we're all going off topic  :laugh:
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #346: May 09, 2010 07:25:05 pm
      Motivation? HAHAHA.

Give me 60 grand a week. I'll show you F***ing motivation.

Players aren't paid enough to motivate themselves?

Exactly!

Actually laughing my head off.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #347: May 09, 2010 07:26:08 pm
      Motivation? HAHAHA.

Give me 60 grand a week. I'll show you f**king motivation.

Exactly!

Actually laughing my head off.
      Spot On.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #348: May 09, 2010 07:26:14 pm

What exactly does Rafa get paid for?  I assumed it was for motivating the players... dang, my mistake.
      Their professionals and shouldn't need motovating, yes your mistake.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #349: May 09, 2010 07:29:19 pm
      Bunch of pampered arsehole's,once you put on the red jersey that should be enough motivation.
      The players have really let themselves down this season.

EDIT: Next season watch how they come out wax lyrical about how much they want to win everything! but wont put the F***ing effort in thats required.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #350: May 09, 2010 07:29:36 pm

Yep, your mistake.

djdan
      • Banned

• 189 posts | -30 
      Reply #351: May 09, 2010 07:30:11 pm
      Their professionals and shouldn't need motovating, yes your mistake.

Shouldn't need... but they do.

So who's responsible for that? I see you don't know football management then.

"couldn't do anything, players weren't motivated" - then motivate them then!!!! We all look to Istanbul and claim Rafa got the players switched on at half time.  When it goes in his favour, it is because he is a great manager.  When the players play crap... it is because of the players.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #352: May 09, 2010 07:31:50 pm
      There was actually something to play for - 6th place.

But I'm not sure whether the players knew they could still get 6th. Whatever it is, whether they know it or not, it's not an excuse.

We all know Rafa and the players are to blame. But as it's said, at the end of the day, Rafa does not make passes and does not take shots.

And we're all going off topic  :laugh:

Well said. 6th place was there for the taking, that alone would have given us an extra 2 weeks preparation for the new season.

Not only that, it does my nut in when people say there is nothing to play for, they are pulling on the most famous shirt in the world! They are playing for Liverpool Football Club, whether it be a friendly or a Cup Final, they are playing for the Club!!!!!

Watching many games this season has drawn me to the conclusion that quite a few players are blatantly unaware of this.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #353: May 09, 2010 07:32:28 pm

"couldn't do anything, players weren't motivated" - then motivate them then!!!! We all look to Istanbul and claim Rafa got the players switched on at half time.  When it goes in his favour, it is because he is a great manager.  When the players play crap... it is because of the players.

Istanbul - Champions League final, 3-0 down, looking to turn things around in a fight we're not out of.

KC Stadium - Hull. Last game of the season and 6th to play for after all the sh*te.

You are ignorant if you think Rafa is the problem here.
      AmericanRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #354: May 09, 2010 07:32:53 pm
      I see.  No-one told the players then that they should play with PRIDE?  - and go for 6th place...

djdan

I am disappointed too but let us not accuse the players of not showing pride today!

This detracts from the effort and resolve the opposition (Hull) displayed and it also insults our players.

Rest assured; our boys did show pride and integrity today. the same goes for this season!

Just because our boys have not performed to a level we and they expect does not equal a want in "pride". Rafa's (and Sammy's) Reds are full of pride and have conducted themselves well in the face of a trying season.

In the CL final against Milan, the one in Greece, we lost but I was still proud of our boys...losing and under performing does not indicate a lack of pride.

Get behind the Reds rather than having a dig at their integrity...trust me, when you throw smears about their "pride" you insult their integrity.

No team managed by Rafa (or Sammy), captained by Stevie and containing Carra will EVER be lacking in pride.

End of.

Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #355: May 09, 2010 07:35:18 pm

"couldn't do anything, players weren't motivated" - then motivate them then!!!! We all look to Istanbul and claim Rafa got the players switched on at half time.  When it goes in his favour, it is because he is a great manager.  When the players play crap... it is because of the players.

It's the End of the season. the last game what you expect of the match? a routing.

You talk about motivation.Players was clearly motivated against Atletico Madrid. In which they have given their everything.

You make taking this defeat on heart or maybe you are having another dig at rafa.

Clearly man This season has been sh*t and sh*t happens.

So FFS leave it mate atleast for now.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 994 posts | 68 
      Reply #356: May 09, 2010 07:35:50 pm
      As long as the players realise how much hard earned money the fans have spent following the team whether home or away.
      Money that is difficult to come by for many true fans.
      As long as they realise they owe us all a better attitude and season come august.
      As long as they realise that hearts have been broken this season.
      As long as they know that we will all be back for the new season believing that the players will give everything for the club we love.
      YNWA
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #357: May 09, 2010 07:36:45 pm
      Have to say Rafa has to take his share of the blame for this season, it is not just the results some of the football we've played this season is the worst I've seen from any Liverpool team.

Today was awful to many average players in the red shirts. Players like Kuyt great attitudes but no way is the lad ever going to be good enough for a title winning side. I can go into other players but I think we all know them.

djdan
      • Banned

• 189 posts | -30 
      Reply #358: May 09, 2010 07:36:59 pm
      Istanbul - Champions League final, 3-0 down, looking to turn things around in a fight we're not out of.

KC Stadium - Hull. Last game of the season and 6th to play for after all the sh*te.

You are ignorant if you think Rafa is the problem here.

But ultimately... is he or is he not responsible for motivating the players?

You are the ignorant one if you only pick and choose the results that favour your stance that Rafa is blameless.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #359: May 09, 2010 07:38:00 pm

The manager gives the team talk, when the players go onto the pitch It's up to them to do the talking.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #360: May 09, 2010 07:38:48 pm
      But ultimately... is he or is he not responsible for motivating the players?

You are the ignorant one if you only pick and choose the results that favour your stance that Rafa is blameless.

There's no 'ultimately'. Football is debate. There's effectively no right or wrong answers you could argue.

I could say, you are ignorant if you only pick and choose the results that favour your stance that Rafa is to blame.

Same thing pal.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #361: May 09, 2010 07:39:21 pm

Rafa gets paid to motivate the players and ensure that if any aren't up to the challenge for whatever reason (motivation is one of those reasons) to replace them.  With close to zero transfer kitty available, replacing them isn't a realistic option.  He also gets paid to choose the tactics and decide who to sell etc.  No point selling though if you don't have anyone to replace them with.

edit to stay on topic:  Judas doesn't hold the record of youngest ever player anymore, congrats Jack Robinson.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #362: May 09, 2010 07:40:09 pm
      This is the Hull game post match thread.

There are separate threads discussing the season, Rafa, the owners and individual players.

Hull v Liverpool discussion below.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #363: May 09, 2010 07:41:05 pm

Kinda like your apparant lack of knowledege about football in general.

After seeing our players play sh*te all season, did you really expect them to be right up for Hull on the last game of the season? They should be for every game, but unfortunately this season it hasn't worked like that.

Stop the crusade against Rafa and actually try and recognize the other problems. Rafa is not infallible, but for you to lay so much on him is insulting.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #364: May 09, 2010 07:44:34 pm
      Think the Rafa Debate thread needs to be opened.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #365: May 09, 2010 07:44:43 pm
      This is the Hull game post match thread.

There are separate threads discussing the season, Rafa, the owners and individual players.

Hull v Liverpool discussion below.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #366: May 09, 2010 07:45:37 pm
      Kinda like your apparant lack of knowledege about football in general.

After seeing our players play sh*te all season, did you really expect them to be right up for Hull on the last game of the season? They should be for every game, but unfortunately this season it hasn't worked like that.

Stop the crusade against Rafa and actually try and recognize the other problems. Rafa is not infallible, but for you to lay so much on him is insulting.

Great managers dont become sh*t overnight, and to make LFC who finishes 2nd last year flying all mighty turns into this bloody pulp takes a master stroke of genious.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #367: May 09, 2010 07:47:10 pm

Great managers dont become sh*t overnight

That makes no sense. Isn't that often said about players who have a had a long dip in form? i.e. 'they'll be back'.

Rafa will be back under the right circumstances.

Quick Reply