Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jack Robinson (Liverpool -> QPR)

Read 56419 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Jack Robinson Player Thread
      Reply #161: Jan 28, 2013 10:37:21 am
      Very poor night from Robbo I'm sad to say.
      Was exposed constantly and gave away stupid free kicks either end of the pitch.

Clear we need a left back now.
      Wisdom has come in and easily overtaken him as a youth prospect at the back.

Poor attitude too at the end. Sorry Robbo you fu**ed up and deserved the bollocking.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #162: Jan 28, 2013 10:39:15 am
      Robinson has not earned the right to tell anyone to F**k off, least of all his captain for the day. That is the reality of the situation.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #163: Jan 28, 2013 10:59:42 am
      Should not have been bollocked but rather encouraged.
      redno7
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 142 posts |
      Reply #164: Jan 28, 2013 12:50:55 pm
      He really should of looked to pass that ball to a far more talented and gifted player.

If your Robinson and you get in that position with the team desperate for a goal would you as an inexperience, rarely used, young defender taken that shot on or given it to one of the best players in the world to put an easier chance away? for the good of the team I'm sure Rodgers and the whole LFC population would've hoped for the latter. But no. he took on a hard shot and basically made a cock of the job. then had the cheek and disrespect to tell Suarez to fek off.

I'd fek him off to a lower league club for a year or 2.
      « Last Edit: Jan 28, 2013 04:23:31 pm by Reslivo »
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #165: Jan 28, 2013 01:58:03 pm
      Bad game lad . Ur better than that tho tellin Suarez to fk off , not good
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #166: Jan 28, 2013 02:00:27 pm
      The lad didn't do much wrong IMO, ok, the flight of the ball caught him out for the goal, but apart from that?

Well actually on the first goal, he failed to clear, and on the second he was nowhere in the frame so Skrtel had to slot over and try and block the low cross Jones muffed. On third as you mention, he didn't even contest for the ball - which in fairness was a superb header. So really, it was a bad game for Jack but these kind of things happen to young players. Very very inconsistent.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #167: Jan 28, 2013 08:55:41 pm
      Agree.

Positioning poor and defensive attributes terrible.

Think this may have been his last chance to impress.

I hope that's not the case. The majority of the team were sh*t against Oldham and I'd hate to see his LFC career ended on the back of one performance at the age of, what, 19? I appreciate that you can't keep giving players chances because they seem like nice lads (or whatever) but I see this as a 'blip' in an otherwise promising career so far. Still rate him.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #168: Jan 28, 2013 09:00:42 pm
      Doesn't really have seen to have developed at all from his debut. Maybe a loan spell would do him good if we sign a left back in the summer.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #169: Jan 28, 2013 09:16:44 pm
      Send him out on loan if he's sh*t for the team he goes out too sell him, if he's good then give him a run in the team.
      Why are we so reluctant to send out youngsters out on loan; it's clearly the best way to test them and see if they're good enough.
      Look at united with Welbeck and Cleverly. Chelsea with Sturridge. Arsenal with Wilshere and Alex Song. Spurs with Walker and Naughton. Had we offered Ince a contract and sent him out on loan we have him on our books still and not be in this tedious negotiation limbo with Blackpool. It seems obvious to me that this is best way for all our young talent to develop; as Championship or premiership experience is going to be far more beneficial that youth and reserve team fixtures. The only way they are going to improve and be accurately assessed is if they have had an opportunity to test themselves regularly at a high standard. Simple.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #170: Jan 28, 2013 11:21:23 pm
      I'd hate to see his LFC career ended on the back of one performance

Maybe I was a bit harsh, but I've seen him a few times and his positional play has always seemed off to me. 

Either way - the lad's going to have to sort out his attitude.

I'd try and get him sent out on loan to a League One/Championship side before the end of January because I can't see him being of any use to us this season.

Carragher would have done a tidier job at left back.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #171: Jan 29, 2013 10:28:26 am
      So do we all think Rodgers' post match presser was pretty much directed at Robinson?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #172: Jan 29, 2013 10:32:23 am
      Maybe I was a bit harsh, but I've seen him a few times and his positional play has always seemed off to me. 

Either way - the lad's going to have to sort out his attitude.

I'd try and get him sent out on loan to a League One/Championship side before the end of January because I can't see him being of any use to us this season.

Carragher would have done a tidier job at left back.
      What was wrong with his attitude ?, telling Suarez to F**k off ? Really ?Are we that petty ? I assume you never saw Luis play at Ajax and the regular arguments he had with Huntelaar even though they generally played really well together. Yes he had a poor game, he certainly wasn't the only one and to crucify him for two words that a lot of players will say to each other in games in totally overboard and typical of the over reaction to any defeat.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #173: Jan 29, 2013 10:38:12 am
      What was wrong with his attitude ?, telling Suarez to F**k off ? Really ?Are we that petty ? I assume you never saw Luis play at Ajax and the regular arguments he had with Huntelaar even though they generally played really well together. Yes he had a poor game, he certainly wasn't the only one and to crucify him for two words that a lot of players will say to each other in games in totally overboard and typical of the over reaction to any defeat.

I think rather than what he said to Suarez, JD meant the lads general approach to the game was a bit immature. He was having a poor game and the shout at Suarez was only a result of the frustration that was bulding. Suarez no matter what you think of him always gives 100%. Robinson switched off countless times in that game and there is no excuse for that.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      Reply #174: Jan 29, 2013 10:40:16 am
      I think rather than what he said to Suarez, JD meant the lads general approach to the game was a bit immature. He was having a poor game and the shout at Suarez was only a result of the frustration that was bulding. Suarez no matter what you think of him always gives 100%. Robinson switched off countless times in that game and there is no excuse for that.
      Like I said his defending was poor, but to question is attitude is ridiculous on the basis of one incident
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #175: Jan 29, 2013 10:44:35 am
      Like I said his defending was poor, but to question is attitude is ridiculous on the basis of one incident
      It was his attitude which led to the poor defending.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      Reply #176: Jan 29, 2013 10:46:13 am
      It was his attitude which led to the poor defending.
      How ?
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #177: Jan 29, 2013 10:50:38 am
      Bloody hell mate. Attitude - A settled way of thinking or feeling, typically reflected in a person's behavior.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      Reply #178: Jan 29, 2013 10:52:33 am
      Bloody hell mate. Attitude - A settled way of thinking or feeling, typically reflected in a person's behavior.
      I still don't understand what you're trying to say, are you saying he couldn't be arsed to defend for the third goal ?
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #179: Jan 29, 2013 10:53:55 am
      I'm saying his attitude and application weren't right leading to mistakes in his defending how is that hard to see?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #180: Jan 29, 2013 10:54:44 am
      So do we all think Rodgers' post match presser was pretty much directed at Robinson?
      Yes, I think so!!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      Reply #181: Jan 29, 2013 10:55:33 am
      I'm saying his attitude and application weren't right leading to mistakes in his defending how is that hard to see?
      Well frankly you're talking utter bollocks.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #182: Jan 29, 2013 10:56:04 am
      Well frankly you're talking utter bollocks.

Belting debate that mate I enjoyed it.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      Reply #183: Jan 29, 2013 10:57:20 am
      Belting debate that mate I enjoyed it.
      That wasn't a debate it was an argument you... only kidding

Quick Reply